PDA

View Full Version : URPG Mystery gift??

Katera
03-22-2005, 12:45 AM
Hey I was just wondering if you guys think doing a mystery gift like every month or something like that for the URPG would be a good Idea?

Like a mod or someone will give you a random gift every month or so?

PS: I don't know if this is the right board to put this thread on :oops:

Tamer San
03-22-2005, 01:15 PM
The place for this is URPG Related Chat, and I dont like the idea =\

Matthew
03-22-2005, 01:43 PM
Might as well talk about this in this thread... seeing as it is already made...

I can see each of the members being assigned a number, and when at the end of the month, a mod can use a randomizer twice, once picking the member who gets the item and two the item that person gets. Items get an assigned number too....

That is just how I see this working if implimented into the URPG.

That, or whoever wants to enter can place a small donation into a pool of money and the randomizer picks the member and the member wins that money... but that is a lotto... so lol XD

Raddstealth316
03-22-2005, 05:05 PM
Might as well talk about this in this thread... seeing as it is already made...

I can see each of the members being assigned a number, and when at the end of the month, a mod can use a randomizer twice, once picking the member who gets the item and two the item that person gets. Items get an assigned number too....

That is just how I see this working if implimented into the URPG.

That, or whoever wants to enter can place a small donation into a pool of money and the randomizer picks the member and the member wins that money... but that is a lotto... so lol XD

That sounds like a good idea. Great for bringing it up Katera!

And Matthew your idea could work though I think people have to be active to be entered in or it will be wasted possibly on inactive members who might come here once every two months for two minutes.

Katera
03-22-2005, 06:33 PM
Yeah true and I love the idea Matthew I wasn't sure how we could do it beacuse their are so many members so thats a great Idea :wink:

Keeper_of_Light
03-22-2005, 07:11 PM
hmm, just an idea but maybe you could lets say do mystery gift with peple but only once a week per person and you get points for going it and save them up to buy stuff? Just another idea. You would post saying who you had done it with in a thread of course and the other person would confirm it.

Katera
03-22-2005, 07:27 PM
Ohhhhh maybe yeah I don't know hum sound kind of good I like Matthews Idea more tho.

King Zark
03-22-2005, 07:52 PM
This sounds like fun!

Try like the rules are to have post per day higher (certain number) and all those are egible will enter.

Tamer San
03-22-2005, 08:22 PM
It can't work:

1. If you gave it to a randome person everytime, others might get upset or something.
2. If you gave it to most dedicated it will definatly go and move around between 3-4 people (Me, Dap, JT and Jack and maybe a couple more)
3. If we gave it according to posting, well, there are more dedicated people than those whom post in URPG like Jack for example in spite of his last lack of activity due to computer problems.
4. I just don't like it because it can be unfair to get things without working hard on them, even lottery takes money from you and legendaries are obtained through hard work.

King Zark
03-22-2005, 09:25 PM
For number 3 I meant those people are active 2-3 times a week. I do not meant those who aren't on for months and do a couple of post and don't come bck untill nex couple of months.

Obtainble thing will be items.

Matthew
03-22-2005, 10:15 PM
It can't work:

1. If you gave it to a randome person everytime, others might get upset or something.
2. If you gave it to most dedicated it will definatly go and move around between 3-4 people (Me, Dap, JT and Jack and maybe a couple more)
3. If we gave it according to posting, well, there are more dedicated people than those whom post in URPG like Jack for example in spite of his last lack of activity due to computer problems.
4. I just don't like it because it can be unfair to get things without working hard on them, even lottery takes money from you and legendaries are obtained through hard work.

Yeah.... it is unfair, but Mystery Gift is random and since when was Random fair?

.AzureLight
03-22-2005, 10:29 PM
Plus it doesn't need to be cheap... it could be, like 1000$ or a Potion as a prize... (Keep it to low/medium leveled items...)

Katera
03-22-2005, 11:12 PM
Yeah like Jack could put like 5 or 10 potions and then 5 or 10 ethers and then just one good Item in a hat on paper and thats an odd of 20 too 1 so theres not a very good chance that you will get a good item its just down to the hat and luck not even luck just the hat and Jack or who ever does it. :happy:

Raddstealth316
03-23-2005, 12:32 AM
Yeah like Jack could put like 5 or 10 potions and then 5 or 10 ethers and then just one good Item in a hat on paper and thats an odd of 20 too 1 so theres not a very good chance that you will get a good item its just down to the hat and luck not even luck just the hat and Jack or who ever does it. :happy:

The thing is noone uses items like potions in the URPG, they should really be taken off the Pokemart...

Katera
03-23-2005, 12:38 AM
Oh ok?? what do you mean, you can't use the item or what?

Raddstealth316
03-23-2005, 12:57 AM
Oh ok?? what do you mean, you can't use the item or what?

You can agree them to be the battle rules beforehand but noone chooses to battle with items because they extend the battle too long and there are other things worth buying such as pokemon and tms.

Katera
03-23-2005, 01:00 AM
Oh ok thank I understand now yeah thats true.

Jack of Clovers
03-23-2005, 11:49 PM
i know... potion = bleh right now. but when the park gets around (sigh...) then it will be more useful.

as for this mystery gift idea... i like it. but not as a every month or so thing. maybe a one time deal. i can definitely see this going somewhere. though, not right now, maybe later.... summer?

~Jack~

Matthew
03-23-2005, 11:55 PM
i know... potion = bleh right now. but when the park gets around (sigh...) then it will be more useful.

as for this mystery gift idea... i like it. but not as a every month or so thing. maybe a one time deal. i can definitely see this going somewhere. though, not right now, maybe later.... summer?

~Jack~

Or it could happen each major holiday... or season.

Katera
03-25-2005, 08:50 PM
Yeah that could also work well you have a good mind Matthew.
But its really up to jack.

Marth
03-27-2005, 09:00 PM
IMHO, this shouldn't be allowed, unless the items can be purchased in the Pokemart. Basically because special items should only be obtained vía a tournament or a contests. And, what if the person that wins the special item is someone who leaves the URPG?
If you're going to Mystery Gift items, use TM's, HM's, and Pokémon from the Mart as the prizes.
Marth.

bronislav84
03-27-2005, 09:11 PM

~Jack~
I know I'm a bit off topic here, but I promisse I'll get to finishing my Park sometime soon. At least I know I'll get it done eventually when I'm not bsuy, :tongue:.

Katera
03-28-2005, 12:19 PM
Yeah thats the coolest idea to have pokes or TMs & HMs great.

Huh what park? :oops:

Flame Master
04-25-2005, 05:54 AM
If we do mystery gift we should limit the power tho. We can't have like 10 pokemon be given away every week.

Jack of Clovers
04-25-2005, 06:24 AM
well, it wouldn't be every week. maybe once in a while (but more often than tournaments). i'd get working on how this should happen but i have other things to fix around here first. unless someone else want's to give a crack at it.

~Jack~