PDA

View Full Version : the skarm/bliss combinating

pikachu25king
10-29-2007, 09:44 PM
what is the skarmory and blissey combination for the moves

xDesires-Lovex
10-29-2007, 09:47 PM
Skarm Spikes SPikes Spikes Spikes Spikes.

Then Blissy stalls like mad.

I think it is anyway lmao :P

TayyabX
10-29-2007, 10:03 PM
what is the skarmory and blissey combination for the moves

I think it's this, because I've forgotten over time.. =P :oops:

Skarmory: Leftovers - Impish

DrillPeck
Roar
Spikes
Rest

So he's pretty standard. Many people use him with Blissey, thus you have SkarmBliss. I'll go into exactly what that means in a sec. First about Skarmory. Skarmory as you can see is a physical tank. He's got base 140 defense, an essential being he's a physical tank. It's got good type to further enhance its potential. Plus its got spikes and rest. Roar is there for if you get something like a special sweeper, since Skarm's built for physical stuff. Spikes is pretty obvious. Now, just one more example to make sure you get the hang of it.

Blissey: Bold - Leftovers

Seismic Toss
Aromatherapy / Stealth Rock
Softboiled
Thunderwave

Blissey's got astronomically high special defense and Hp. The Hp let's it survive physical attacks and with softboiled it can heal up pdq (pretty darn quick). Seismic Toss is a good idea. Thunderwave's there for the effect.

I think that's the SkarmBliss?
Correct me if I'm wrong =P

Leman
10-30-2007, 03:53 AM
I like to use:

Skarmory@Leftovers
Trait: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP/ 144 Def/ 112 SDef
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Drill Peck
- Roost
- Spikes
- Whirlwind

Same as yours, but:

Blissey@Leftovers
Trait:Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP/ 252 Def/ 4 Sdef
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Calm Mind/Siesmic Toss
- Softboiled
- Ice Beam
- Thunderbolt/Stealth Rocks

Hyper Blaze
10-30-2007, 04:01 AM
Well the standards are...

Skarm@Shed Shell / Leftovers
Sturdy
Impish (+Defense, -Sp. Attack) - 252 HP, 252 Defense, 6 HP
~Spikes
~Whirlwind / Stealth Rock (this is IMO, but Whirlwind is in the standard)
~Roost
~Drill Peck

Blissey@Leftovers
Bold
252 HP, 252 Defense, 6 HP
~Ice Beam
~Aromatherepy
~Thunderwave
~Solftboild

CoolTrainerXtasy
01-09-2008, 03:40 PM
can someone add in how you beat it...

ive got a genger with tbolt...

Finch
01-09-2008, 04:45 PM
A mixed sweeper with a physical fighting type move and a special fire or electric move like:

Blaziken
Swords dance
brick break
rock slide
overheat

Worked in old-skool RSE. You might want to try Electivire or something nowadays.

If you hate Blissey, like I do, you can use another special tank to compliment Skarm's weaknesses; like Lanturn. It absorbs electric and resists fire, and is covered for ground moves by Skarm.

Lanturn
rest/confuse ray
thunder wave
surf/ice beam
thunderbolt

Rest works better for stalling but you might pwn someone with ParaFusion. Ice beam is for if you're scared of dragons (Mence, Chomp etc) but tbh I'd just switch if you see them, they'll wipe you with EQ. Catch them on the way in, though, and it's a different matter.

Dark_Azelf
01-09-2008, 05:37 PM
Skarmory@Shed Shell / Leftovers
Sturdy
Impish Nature
252 HP, 196 Defense, 60 Att
~Spikes / Stealth Rock
~Whirlwind
~Roost
~Brave Bird / Drill Peck

Yeah, Brave Bird on Skarm is better this gen due to it being your only hope against Bulky Gyarados and Drill Peck sucks and fails to ohko infernape switch ins. Its actually a pretty Nasty move and can deal serious damage when called for. Roost to heal. Stealth Rock and Spikes are self explanatory. Whirlwind to phaze and to shuffle Stealth Rock or Spikes through your opponents team.

Blissey@Leftovers
Bold Nature
Trait: Natural Cure
148 HP / 252 DEF / 104 SP.AT / 4 SP.DEF
~Ice Beam
~Aromatherapy / Thunderwave / Sing
~Seismic Toss
~Softboiled

Ice Beam is standard also on Blissey, even more so in this gen,as Garchomp and Bulky ground types who are standard switch ins to Blissey say hi. With Ice Beam garchomp, dragons and Bulky ground types wont get a free switch in and use Blissey as set up fodder and makes them feel more pain than Seismic Toss. It also doesnt leave you completely walled against Gengar =/. Seismic Toss is Blisseys main offense. Aromatherapy for team healing, Thunderwave to cripple stuff, sing is a safe option to cripple things with due to electivire predicting a T-wave. Softboiled is Blisseys healing move.

Counters : -

Tyranitar@leftovers
252 HP / 190 SP.ATT / 68 SPEED
Quiet Nature
- Substitute
- Focus Punch
- Thunderbolt
- Dark Pulse

Tyraniboah, designed specifically to take out both aswell as most other walls. Makes 101 hp Substitutes so Blissey cant break them with one seismic toss. Thunderbolt breaks Skarmory. Focus Punch breaks blissey and Sandstream negates Blisseys leftovers. This is probably my favorite set of all time.

Infernape@life Orb
Naive Nature
24 ATT / 232 SPEED / 252 SP.ATT
- Close Combat
- Flamethrower
- Grass knot
- Nasty Plot

Simple, Nasty Plot lures out Blissey. Close combat wrecks blissey. Flamethrower wrecks skarmory. Grass Knot takes out Bulky waters and bulky ground types. Nasty Plot allows you to sweep once Blissey is out the way. Bear in mind DONT SWITCH INTO SKARMORY UNLESS YOUR SURE ITS NOT GOING TO USE BRAVE BIRD !!. its best to switch in when it does Spikes or stealth rock.

Although ist never JUST SkarmBliss anymore, there is usually 3 walls, such as SkarmBlissDol or SkarmBlissCress (<I suggest you watch out for this one) or SkarmBlissNoir.

There are a few more counters, ill let other people list them though.

Fire Away
01-10-2008, 01:58 AM
As old as this topic is, I feel like it might warrant some discussion still, since it shows how the metagame is developing.

TBH SkarmBliss is no longer the end all combination of walls. Blissey is still out of this world, but Skarmory is facing stiff competition from Hippowdon and Cress. To be perfectly honest I'd rather have Hippowdon 90% of the time anyways. Nothing stops T-Tar in his tracks better, he can safely switch into CB Heracross and doesn't have a nasty drawback when he uses his recovery move. :/