rust - $500
Tamer Marco - $500
Djax94 - $1,000
Dark Rider - $2,500
Psychic - $3,000
Megumi - $3,600
TheScottMan - $16,300
Embreon - $23,000

Once again, Emma was my calculations slave. However, she asked to do them. :tongue: Please send her hugs and cookies.

Next time around, I hope to have more graders gracing this list. As soon as I start accepting applications again, that is...

Mitsuzo-kun
10-29-2007, 09:10 PM
Thankies for the measely 1k. ;___;

And thanks, Emma, for t3h calculatingness.

I really need to start doing more, and giving better grades. That's this months goal! :D

xDesires-Lovex
10-29-2007, 09:13 PM
I still think that graders don't get paid enough, In my opinion thats the reason that they're isn't very many of them, that and that qualifiying to be a grader takes alot of writting and practising, while Reffing is more revising and remembering.

Congratulations guys on your cash.

Legendary Wolf
10-29-2007, 09:14 PM
Bleh. Last wages stink.

EmBreon
10-29-2007, 09:20 PM
Seems like I was a bit off with mine; sorry about that. :oops:

I still think that graders don't get paid enough, In my opinion thats the reason that they're isn't very many of them, that and that qualifiying to be a grader takes alot of writting and practising, while Reffing is more revising and remembering.

Actually, the current grader test is much easier than the ref test. The reason there aren't many graders is because not many people like reading/writing. If there was more pay involved, it would inspire people to grade for money, which is exactly what the board wants to avoid. Though, it's not like the decision is mine to make. ^^;

EDIT: To Marco (http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/forum/showthread.php?t=66357)

Tamer Marco
10-29-2007, 11:40 PM
lol, I didn't do anything in the stories section this month...

Seawolf
10-30-2007, 02:51 AM

Congratulations guys on your cash.

Well, you can earn a decent amount of money already by typing out a grade packed with feedback and your personal opinions (take a look at one of Emma's monster grades for reference), but that can take a bit of work, which I know plenty of people are turned off by. Heck, I do not grade so many stories now just because I usually do not feel like spending an hour or so on one grade, like I try and do most of the time.

I would be all for more money, of course... but I have always been greedy!

Seems like I was a bit off with mine; sorry about that. :oops:

No, it was pretty close. I had done yours before you sent me that second message, actually. :x

Dr Scott
10-30-2007, 03:39 AM
Thanks Em <3.

I need to get back to work ;_;

*Posting to let myself know I collected

Psychic
10-31-2007, 02:19 AM
Well, to be honest it would certainly be nicer to get a bit more for the longer grades. I personally spend at least an hour on each of mine, and while it's great to finally get paid for my crit, I do have other things to be done other than grading, and if I'm going to get paid for my time and effort I'd at least like to get paid properly. That's probably got to do with why I only graded two stories this time around. XP

Look at the refs, anyway - their job is just putting up with annoying whiney battlers and plugging in a bunch of numbers. Our job takes a helluva lot more effort and it's no easy task, but the pay isn't all that rewarding in the end. Someone could ref six battles in the time it takes me to write up a single grade and while I'm working harder and longer, they're getting paid way more.

That could have something to do with why the other graders are so inactive - the job just doesn't pay that well. XP

But meh, it's nice to be getting anything at all, I suppose. I'm just going to take my $3000 and go, then. :P Thanks for calculating, Em.

~Psychic

Iridium
10-31-2007, 09:09 AM
I should have graded more >_<

I'll do more next time, thanks Emma and Meg.

Seawolf
11-25-2007, 10:12 PM
Well, to be honest it would certainly be nicer to get a bit more for the longer grades. I personally spend at least an hour on each of mine, and while it's great to finally get paid for my crit, I do have other things to be done other than grading, and if I'm going to get paid for my time and effort I'd at least like to get paid properly. That's probably got to do with why I only graded two stories this time around. XP

Look at the refs, anyway - their job is just putting up with annoying whiney battlers and plugging in a bunch of numbers. Our job takes a helluva lot more effort and it's no easy task, but the pay isn't all that rewarding in the end. Someone could ref six battles in the time it takes me to write up a single grade and while I'm working harder and longer, they're getting paid way more.

That could have something to do with why the other graders are so inactive - the job just doesn't pay that well. XP

But meh, it's nice to be getting anything at all, I suppose. I'm just going to take my $3000 and go, then. :P Thanks for calculating, Em.

~Psychic

I didn't see this earlier, sorry. :x

Anyway, I know exactly what you're saying. If you feel like you didn't earn enough money for your efforts, you should send me the links to those stories and let me know just how much time you spent on them, and we could work something out. I don't want such efforts to go unnoticed, and I don't want anyone here feeling like they're earning nothing for their work.

AmericanTreeFrog
11-25-2007, 10:36 PM
~Psychic

Don't like posting in here. Anyway, we refs do a lot more than just put up with people and plugging in numbers :/

Psychic
12-03-2007, 01:34 AM
Don't like posting in here. Anyway, we refs do a lot more than just put up with people and plugging in numbers :/
Oh. Er, I'm sorry about making that kind of fallacy, then. I hope I don't sound rude or anything, but what lse do you do, then?

Might be helpful for me to know anyway since it seems I have to become a ref so I can be a ranger for that other thing there.

I didn't see this earlier, sorry. :x

Anyway, I know exactly what you're saying. If you feel like you didn't earn enough money for your efforts, you should send me the links to those stories and let me know just how much time you spent on them, and we could work something out. I don't want such efforts to go unnoticed, and I don't want anyone here feeling like they're earning nothing for their work.
S'okay, you have a life, no worries. :P

But I'm not talking about just me personally. Grading isn't an easy job, and if you see that people aren't grading much, it's probably because they know that it's a lot of effrt for little pay. Don't get me wrong, Meg; I'm a reviewer, helping people with their writing is what I do, but I'm a member at multiple forums where I try to review in the FF section there. It's great that I get to be paid for what I do here, but it's just not enough to make me want to review here when I could instead be reviewing for someone on SPPf or PC or even in the fic section here at PE2K.

And I'm the sort who enjoys reviewing. I don't know how much the other graders enjoy their job, but we all know that money makes the world go 'round (and it's not like this money's coming out of anyone's pockets anyway). But like I said: if we're going to get paid for this at all, I think that for the most part (not speaking for all graders here) we'd like to get paid more, especially for the longer grades. Like I said, a referee could ref six battles while we grade one story and they'll get paid way more, and sorry atf, but from wher I stand it looks like our job is harder.

Weak Grade = $500 + $100 x (each post after)
Moderate Grade = $1000 + $150 x (each post after) = TOTAL EARNED
Extensive Grade = $1500 + $200 x (each post after)
Like here. What I mean is that for a moderate grade, instead it would be something more like
$1500 + $250 x (every 10,000 words)
Because let's face it; 10,000 words is a big difference since it takes so long and might be more appropriate to count as a post. Or something.

Long story short; it would be nice to be generally paid more for what we do. Otherwise I personally just don't feel encouraged to do it. :P

~Psychic

Seawolf
12-19-2007, 06:06 AM
But I'm not talking about just me personally. Grading isn't an easy job, and if you see that people aren't grading much, it's probably because they know that it's a lot of effrt for little pay. Don't get me wrong, Meg; I'm a reviewer, helping people with their writing is what I do, but I'm a member at multiple forums where I try to review in the FF section there. It's great that I get to be paid for what I do here, but it's just not enough to make me want to review here when I could instead be reviewing for someone on SPPf or PC or even in the fic section here at PE2K.

And I'm the sort who enjoys reviewing. I don't know how much the other graders enjoy their job, but we all know that money makes the world go 'round (and it's not like this money's coming out of anyone's pockets anyway). But like I said: if we're going to get paid for this at all, I think that for the most part (not speaking for all graders here) we'd like to get paid more, especially for the longer grades. Like I said, a referee could ref six battles while we grade one story and they'll get paid way more, and sorry atf, but from wher I stand it looks like our job is harder.

Like here. What I mean is that for a moderate grade, instead it would be something more like
$1500 + $250 x (every 10,000 words)
Because let's face it; 10,000 words is a big difference since it takes so long and might be more appropriate to count as a post. Or something.

Long story short; it would be nice to be generally paid more for what we do. Otherwise I personally just don't feel encouraged to do it. :P

~Psychic

Yeah, I totally understand. I think I saw Emma post something about wanting to change the current system, and I think that would be a fine idea, so maybe I should talk to her about that.

Anyway, is it just me, or am I two months late with the current wages? I'll finish those up... :redface:

EmBreon
12-23-2007, 05:16 AM
Yeah, I totally understand. I think I saw Emma post something about wanting to change the current system, and I think that would be a fine idea, so maybe I should talk to her about that.

You're right, I do. But I didn't want to just randomly change it with no input from anyone else, and I was afraid I was changing too much at once, so I put it off for a while. ^^; Either way, it's definitely something I'd like to discuss with you. Feel free to drop me a PM whenever you can, or we could arrange something on AIM sometime. I've got a pretty decent system planned, but it's certainly up to tweaking.

Psychic
12-25-2007, 02:34 AM
You're right, I do. But I didn't want to just randomly change it with no input from anyone else, and I was afraid I was changing too much at once, so I put it off for a while. ^^; Either way, it's definitely something I'd like to discuss with you. Feel free to drop me a PM whenever you can, or we could arrange something on AIM sometime. I've got a pretty decent system planned, but it's certainly up to tweaking.
Yes! That's really wonderful to hear; I just spend an hour, yes, an HOUR of Christma Eve working on an Extensive grade, and all I got for it was $1500. Really, not to be greedy, but reffing a three-on-three fight can take about a quarter of that time for the same pay, and I worked for an hour on something the kid might not even read.

Like I said, I don't know about anyone else, but I think that a change would be much appreciated and would do a world of good, especially in encouraging graders to grade more. :P

I look forward to hearing some suggestions, maybe even a nice Christmas bonus. XD

~Psychic

Seawolf
12-26-2007, 09:11 PM
Well, Emma, you are Head Grader now... you don't have to go to me for everything. =P I'm sure Scott would like to hear some of your suggestions though. I would just like to see the system changed, really.

Next wages will be up very soon.

SiberianTiger
12-26-2007, 09:21 PM
Yes! That's really wonderful to hear; I just spend an hour, yes, an HOUR of Christma Eve working on an Extensive grade, and all I got for it was $1500. Really, not to be greedy, but reffing a three-on-three fight can take about a quarter of that time for the same pay, and I worked for an hour on something the kid might not even read.

~Psychic

Please, I've reffed 2v2s' that have taken well over an hour. I realize this may be hard for some to understand, but in some cases Reffing can be much harder than grading, and seeing as how I've done both, I'm pretty comfortable with that statement.

@ Megumi: Well I be getting wages for that one grade that wasn't taken into account last time?

I really should grade more ;/

@ Emma: I've got to find you on AIM and see this new system.

~Isaiah

Seawolf
12-26-2007, 09:34 PM
@ Megumi: Well I be getting wages for that one grade that wasn't taken into account last time?

Yes, I made a nice little note on my document about it, so don't fear. =P

They will be up later today or tomorrow, and I mean it this time. No more procrastinating.

EmBreon
12-27-2007, 04:28 AM
Well, Emma, you are Head Grader now... you don't have to go to me for everything. =P I'm sure Scott would like to hear some of your suggestions though. I would just like to see the system changed, really.

Well, I just don't want to be a Grader Nazi, honestly. I like to think of it more as a Democracy than an Anarchy. :P

But yes, I've showed it to Scott and he pretty much just agreed and went on his way. XD

I suppose I could just tighten a few kinks and then get it into motion. Let me know if you have any input or anything.

@ Emma: I've got to find you on AIM and see this new system.

Sure thing. I'll send you a message next time I see you on. :]