PDA

View Full Version : Vista Vs. XP

xDesires-Lovex
10-29-2007, 10:11 PM
The title explains it to be honest.

Windows Vista has EXCELLENT graphics, but I find it slightly harder to navigate with.

XP is just classic, easy to navigate, got decent programs installed. But the graphics are preety weak and boring, and there isn't much variety.

What do you think?

TayyabX
10-29-2007, 10:43 PM

Windows Vista has EXCELLENT graphics, but I find it slightly harder to navigate with.

XP is just classic, easy to navigate, got decent programs installed. But the graphics are preety weak and boring, and there isn't much variety.

What do you think?

I agree with what you said,
but I think XP is better... =P

I've used Vista at my friends house, and my cousins, but yeah,
it's a bit confusing... =S

Charbok
10-29-2007, 10:46 PM
There really isn't a point to having a thread like this.
Everyone with half a brain (much like those who created the OS) knows that OSX>XP>Vista

Eeveedude
10-29-2007, 10:50 PM

What do you think?

I dont think its hard to use but nothing is compatible and sadly we got ours right after it came out...:dazed: plus nintendo hasnt made a vista compatible wifi adapter.:boohoo:

TheEvilDookie
10-29-2007, 11:05 PM
I like Vista better. It only took me a day to figure everything out, now i'm using it like a pro. :wink:
And I can't really find anything that vista doesnt have that XP does besides the wifi adapter thing.
I like the games it comes with too. :crackup:

Eeveedude
10-30-2007, 12:43 AM
I like Vista better. It only took me a day to figure everything out, now i'm using it like a pro. :wink:
And I can't really find anything that vista doesnt have that XP does besides the wifi adapter thing.
I like the games it comes with too. :crackup:

ya bu they deplete fast but my fave is the fate one.

Tamer Marco
10-30-2007, 01:01 AM
XP was like a comfortable couch. You knew how to sit down. Vista is just uncomfortable to work around currently, but people will learn to use it in time.

The IMac owns Microsoft though.

Josh
10-30-2007, 06:26 AM
Vista looks pretty? So what? Go back to the 1980's. DOS was just a command line and it did what it had to. Microsoft are spending too much time on prettiness rather than usefulness.

Run a Google Image search for Debian, or Ubuntu. They are free distributions of Linux. Not only can they be customised and pretty-ised as much as you can, they're several hundred dollars cheaper - By which I mean they're free.

mikezat6
10-30-2007, 08:45 PM
Windows Vista

Pros:Truly an awesome stable OS with inspiring graphics. Supports New DX10 and has more features to offer than XP. Most Reliable OS to date.

Cons:The Operating System its self has very high requirements to run. It has high RAM and CPU usage. Also the OS is still very new, so not all flaws are fixed. There are also compatibility issues with programs too.

Windows XP

Pros:A solid OS that is compatible with most programs to date so far. Has low CPU and RAM usage, and low system requirements to run it.

Cons:The OS is starting to becoming out dated. It lacks new features in games, interface, and overall stability of the OS. It does not support the new DX10 and lacks many features that of Vista has built into it. Microsoft is also planning to stop selling the OS to consumers next summer as well.

Josh
10-30-2007, 08:59 PM
Um... Vista isn't much good for games either. And obviously you haven't seen Vista screw up. I have. Several times. It's not any more reliable than XP.

And technically they've stopped selling it. But support is definitely cut by 2011, which is when I migrate to Linux. :D

mikezat6
10-30-2007, 11:50 PM
Um... Vista isn't much good for games either. And obviously you haven't seen Vista screw up. I have. Several times. It's not any more reliable than XP.

And technically they've stopped selling it. But support is definitely cut by 2011, which is when I migrate to Linux. :D

I beg to differ because I'm running Vista its awesome for games ( and dont tell me no. ). And they cut XP off completely by 2010. :happy:

.AzureLight
11-15-2007, 04:35 AM
Both are equally full of useless problems. Macs are the best thing out there nowadays, because every Windows app can work on them nowadays as well. Heck, even Linux is better than Windows once you've got it all figured out. There's no random internet crashes, hardware crashes, no blue screens (or anything similar, they just don't happen), and best of all, non-existent viruses. Heck, all viruses are made by people like me who just hate Microsoft for being so useless. :tongue:

Snow Fairy Sugar
11-15-2007, 08:06 AM
I prefer XP in terms of Service and Compatibility, but Vista does look beautiful, though it's quite incompatible with some things.

Soo...go IMac. :/

Hypocrisy is Fun
11-15-2007, 08:31 AM
This thread is filled with the same restated stuff.

"Mac" "Vista is hard" "XP is outdated"

Things get better with time. For example, fun wise, would you prefer a Red/Blue/Yellow pokemon game with pretty much everything, or a new Gold/Silver/Crystal?

The older version is going to have more, and it's going to make more sense, but the new one has more possibilities. Give it time, in the end, Vista is going to be better than XP. You can't deny it.

On a side note, why are you guys even talking about Linux and Mac in a thread thats specifically about Microsoft stuff. You're no better than pop ups. :tongue:

Tamer Marco
11-16-2007, 02:59 AM
On a side note, why are you guys even talking about Linux and Mac in a thread thats specifically about Microsoft stuff. You're no better than pop ups.

Because Vista sucks compared to Linux and Leopard and people want an alternative? ;]

Hypocrisy is Fun
11-16-2007, 03:21 AM
Because Vista sucks compared to Linux and Leopard and people want an alternative? ;]

Doesn't change the fact that this is a thread for Microsoft.

Sixto
11-16-2007, 04:02 AM
People can talk about Vista as much as they want, but I own it an so far no problems. Awesome graphics and navigation. As long as it works, I'm using it. :biggrin:

Fire Away
11-16-2007, 04:15 AM
I agree with Mario. I've had Vista for several months now, and I've had no technical issues whatsoever. The only thing I can complain about is that the constant "ALLOW???" pop-ups are totally annoying. :/

Lucavi
11-16-2007, 04:59 PM
The older version is going to have more, and it's going to make more sense, but the new one has more possibilities. Give it time, in the end, Vista is going to be better than XP. You can't deny it.

This is false. Windows ME was undoubtely much worse than '98. Newer doesn't really mean a thing although some people would like to think it does.

Anyhow, i'm not using either operative system atm, but as far as i know, XP still remains more solid than Vista...

Shiny Loser
11-19-2007, 02:23 PM
Vista has the text to speech software MS Anna who's an enunciating pussy...

And XP has Sam, and you know I'll prefer anything that can say "My Roflcopter goes Soi Soi Soi".

God of Arceus
12-28-2007, 02:57 PM
Vista is Better.

Windows XP Vista

Elrond
12-28-2007, 03:03 PM
As far as graphics go, Vista is definitely better. However, I'd prefer to wait a year or two before buying Vista, simply because there are so many bugs in the system (it's new, of course there are a few kinks to work out!) There are a lot of people who I've talked to that said the same thing. In fact, my dad just bought a brand new laptop and opted for XP instead of Vista, even though the work he does requires a strong graphics engine!