PDA

View Full Version : P.E. Five Mile Run

Professor Geoffrey
10-30-2007, 01:27 AM
Do you have anything similar to this at your school? I just ran it today, and they give out free (I think) t-shirts to five-mile participants, as well as a neat spot in the yearbook! Eighth graders are the only ones allowed to participate in it, and it's optional.

Boy, was it really tiring... You're not allowed to walk!!! Though, I did have a waterboy (sort of), who happened to be one of my friends (he's weird, he likes tricking pizza guys into thinking he's gay by doing a workout in only spandex underwear in front of him, sweating, and rubbing himself... O_o).

Bryce
10-30-2007, 02:27 AM
pff... we got jipped! no t-shirts, nothin! *pouts* l0l

in 5th grade, we only had to run like 2 miles..... i did pretty well....

erm... that guys sounds strange, he is in 8th grade & is seducing pizza guys? xD

Emily
10-30-2007, 06:48 AM
The closest thing I have at my school is the 12 minute run.

Shady
10-30-2007, 10:53 AM
5 miles.. is... about 8km's. o_0 That's pretty far, especially for an 8th grader.

But, I suppose it's optional. xD

The longest we'd ever had to run at my school was about 2kms (1.2 miles), which was for cross-country. xD

Haha, yeah we had to do that one as well. So many laps.. xD

xDesires-Lovex
10-30-2007, 10:56 AM
I'm 11 and the WHOLE School (11+) ran 7miles. A day off school to run. :/

SHADOW SWORD
10-30-2007, 09:35 PM
I've heard of a lot of schools that do 5+ mile runs, but I think 1-2 mile runs are mandatory for Gym class.

karmachameleon
10-30-2007, 09:43 PM
The most we ever had to run to was like 1 mile, and we could walk for part of it. :tongue:

TayyabX
10-30-2007, 10:13 PM
Yeah...
We ran 5 miles...
We usually run 18 minutes every Gym Class, and have the Beep test... something in our Gym Class...

But in our other school, we had a Terry Fox Marathon Run, and
it was 5 KM, in Grade 6... and it was raining.... it was so awesome! xD

Shadow Eevee
10-31-2007, 01:06 AM
We had to do 1 mile and I didn't stop panting for 10 minutes.

Furyflame
10-31-2007, 01:07 AM
Do you have anything similar to this at your school? I just ran it today, and they give out free (I think) t-shirts to five-mile participants, as well as a neat spot in the yearbook! Eighth graders are the only ones allowed to participate in it, and it's optional.

Boy, was it really tiring... You're not allowed to walk!!! Though, I did have a waterboy (sort of), who happened to be one of my friends (he's weird, he likes tricking pizza guys into thinking he's gay by doing a workout in only spandex underwear in front of him, sweating, and rubbing himself... O_o).
o_O We only have to run one mile. :P

Xerion
10-31-2007, 01:27 AM

Boy, was it really tiring... You're not allowed to walk!!! Though, I did have a waterboy (sort of), who happened to be one of my friends (he's weird, he likes tricking pizza guys into thinking he's gay by doing a workout in only spandex underwear in front of him, sweating, and rubbing himself... O_o).We only have to run a mile every monday. But yesterday for some reason we only had to walk it.

-Xerion

Nirvash
10-31-2007, 01:34 AM
We have to do the mile every quarter or so. Except for band people, who get PE once, and Health once, instead of PE 3 times and Health once. Anyway, we do the Pacer also, where you run back and forth on the beep. What happens is, you have to keep running between the cones. The CD will make a beep every time you start running back to the other cone. The beeps get faster until it gets as fast as possible for you to run back and forth. That happens at about 40. :x

Shady
10-31-2007, 06:46 AM
Anyway, we do the Pacer also, where you run back and forth on the beep. What happens is, you have to keep running between the cones. The CD will make a beep every time you start running back to the other cone. The beeps get faster until it gets as fast as possible for you to run back and forth. That happens at about 40. :x

They have that here too. Though, they call it the beep test.

If you wanna get tired, that's the thing for you! xD Run 'til you drop!

Jack of Clovers
11-02-2007, 05:40 AM
Boy, was it really tiring... You're not allowed to walk!!!
I'm sure you could have walked. It's better for your body to take a break, walk and catch your breath, then run/jog again. No need to put extra stress on yourself. But good for you for completing the run.
The longest we'd ever had to run at my school was about 2kms (1.2 miles), which was for cross-country. xD
Wow... that's it? I did 1 mile warm ups when I was in Cross Country. :tongue:

~Jack~

ArusuesFactor
11-02-2007, 05:49 AM
For cross country at my high-school, you have to do two mile runs for warm-ups. For the real things, you do 8 mile runs.

Bulletangel
11-02-2007, 07:32 AM

My school in Queensland had cross country training, and it was 6ks O_o And it was whole school, before classes, every day for three weeks =S

Then we had the proper cross country 8ks =P we had about four ovals. No, five =P plus running through forests etc that surrounded them.

We also had a beachathon where we'd run along the beach for about 12ks. Thats a long run, especially for the sandy beach. But our school was a fit school, unlike the one im in now in Melbourne xD

Shady
11-02-2007, 11:33 AM
Wow... that's it? I did 1 mile warm ups when I was in Cross Country. :tongue:

~Jack~

That was the 'training' type thing. (Like, at school, before we went to the real track. xD) No idea how long the real one was. Never bothered to find out. xD

My school in Queensland had cross country training, and it was 6ks O_o And it was whole school, before classes, every day for three weeks =S

Then we had the proper cross country 8ks =P we had about four ovals. No, five =P plus running through forests etc that surrounded them.

We also had a beachathon where we'd run along the beach for about 12ks. Thats a long run, especially for the sandy beach. But our school was a fit school, unlike the one im in now in Melbourne xD

Training for 6kms, wow. xD

Running through the bush is the best part. Last year while running, I counted 4 people who rolled their ankles on this rock path. xD Probably shouldn't have laughed... but.. meh. xD

Green Special
11-06-2007, 02:45 AM
i tho 5 mile runs were for something to help raise money, like for breast cancer.

anyway at my middle school 6, 7, plus 8th all run the circuit, its a 8-lap run in under 30 min and my field is hella big.

Professor Geoffrey
11-06-2007, 03:07 AM
5 miles.. is... about 8km's. o_0 That's pretty far, especially for an 8th grader.

But, I suppose it's optional. xD

Haha, yeah we had to do that one as well. So many laps.. xD

It is optional. And thank you!

I'm 11 and the WHOLE School (11+) ran 7miles. A day off school to run. :/

O_o

I've heard of a lot of schools that do 5+ mile runs, but I think 1-2 mile runs are mandatory for Gym class.

One mile here!

Here in Virginia, we have the Pacer. We run in the gym, from one end to the other, and you have to make it to the other side before the machine beeps. I've gotten up to 40. XD

I haven't gotten the t-shirt yet. Comes soon!

pikahero2
11-18-2007, 10:29 PM
Well for 5th grade..I had to run 6 miles or go to school..Which sounds better?O_o
Anyways yeah I had to do it lots...and this guy in my class...Well..

He was running and when he seen the finish line he did a sort of flip and his pants ripped.

Which was so funny!!!

Blue-
11-21-2007, 04:18 AM
At my school, we have the Pacer test. And fitness gram... Which really sucks, since I think we have to do both in January. ><

Snow Fairy Sugar
11-21-2007, 04:34 AM
Five miles? Say what??

Luckily our school's a lot more liberal...we don't have to do such extreme things. Of course, I do jog for about three-four miles early in the morning, but that's after months of training.

Five miles...gosh...

Professor Geoffrey
11-21-2007, 04:38 AM
At my school, we have the Pacer test. And fitness gram... Which really sucks, since I think we have to do both in January. ><

We have the Pacer as well. As for the fitness gram... never heard of it. XD

Five miles? Say what??

Luckily our school's a lot more liberal...we don't have to do such extreme things. Of course, I do jog for about three-four miles early in the morning, but that's after months of training.

Five miles...gosh...

It's not extreme once you run it. I didn't get much training in. Though I did tear up my legs quite a bit!

Blue-
11-21-2007, 04:43 AM
We have the Pacer as well. As for the fitness gram... never heard of it. XD

It's not extreme once you run it. I didn't get much training in. Though I did tear up my legs quite a bit!
Oh, it's where you do a certain amount of push-ups, sit-ups, and other crap like that. -_- Of course, I never pass...

The Jr Trainer
11-21-2007, 04:48 AM
Oh, it's where you do a certain amount of push-ups, sit-ups, and other crap like that. -_- Of course, I never pass...

I have to do those too. Its my worst fear in PE class. D:

The closest thing I do in my school that we do to five miles it prolly the pacer test or the 1.5 mile run. I don't know, I usaully do better on the pacer as I'm better at sprints then running around a big circle-square thing. :tongue3:

~Jr

Snow Fairy Sugar
11-21-2007, 04:49 AM
Hehe, I know that. I decided to run for five miles the first day, and I gave up after about two hundred feet. XDD
Those things, heck, I used to hate them too. :/ To be honest, I do those things because of two reasons:

One: I'm really fond of chocolate cookies and stuff, and I have to burn calories.

Two: I don't want to be fat, I prefer myself slim. :)

Espeon EX
11-27-2007, 12:53 AM
At my school, we sometimes do 1-2 miles everyday that I have P.E. on (We have this thing called red days and green days). One time we did this 30 mnute run and I eneded up running 12 laps in 30 minutes (which is 3 miles). I set a record for this year. xD

Professor Geoffrey
11-27-2007, 01:06 AM
We're supposed to get the Five Mile Run shirts before Christmas!

Spinner
11-27-2007, 09:19 AM
5 miles... heh, I'm not even taking PE next year!:razz:
This year, the most I ever ran at one time would have to be at cross country - 2KM's at most! Oh dear, my country must be lazy. I don't know of anyone who has to run that long over here. Still, we do have the beep test aswell - I'm still traumatised:oops:.

Emily
11-27-2007, 09:25 AM
5 miles... heh, I'm not even taking PE next year!:razz:
This year, the most I ever ran at one time would have to be at cross country - 2KM's at most! Oh dear, my country must be lazy. I don't know of anyone who has to run that long over here. Still, we do have the beep test aswell - I'm still traumatised:oops:.
Yes, the beep test is hell, isn't it? The last time I ran it, I dropped out as soon as I met the average.

Gold Groudon
11-28-2007, 11:43 AM

Yeah, see I have that but I have this thing where I don't do it. I got out of running cause we were running for a warm up and I ran into a pothole and twisted my knee and ankle different ways.

Our cross country run is about 2.5 km and I just stay home for that cause it is mandatory.

moo-moo
12-27-2007, 02:22 AM
I run maybe 1-2 miles.

Professor Geoffrey
12-27-2007, 07:29 PM
If you had waited another two days, it would have counted as reviving a thread, so do be careful next time, because it's against the rules. :wink:

We got our five mile club run shirts before the break! It's got the design of the five mile run on the front, and my last name on the back! : D