PDA

View Full Version : I need help

Furyflame
11-02-2007, 01:45 AM
Ok, Im trying to get a really good gaming laptop. Im leaning towards AlienWare right now. Any ideas on fast computers with good graphics that can support Battlefield 2 and not to mention cheap? :x

Right now, im thinking of This (http://cgi.ebay.com/Alienware-AREA-51-M5700-M5790-Special-Edition-Laptop_W0QQitemZ280167867773QQihZ018QQcategoryZ463 23QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem) and This (http://cgi.ebay.com/ALIENWARE-AREA-51-M5550-CORE-2-DUO-1-66GHZ-LAPTOP-NEW_W0QQitemZ180174257246QQihZ008QQcategoryZ46323Q QssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem)
Help me out please, im a n00b when it comes to computers. :/
Mods, if you think this is too n00bish then you can lock it.

Tamer Marco
11-02-2007, 02:22 AM
If you're able, get the first one. It has better specs and will perform better.

Furyflame
11-02-2007, 02:28 AM
If you're able, get the first one. It has better specs and will perform better.

Only problem is that it's kind of expensive. :/

Tamer Marco
11-02-2007, 02:34 AM
Well if you want freakin Alienware, you should expect to have to shell out a ton of cash. Hell, I haven't seen a model that cheap, they're usually $2500 and up.

Looks like a bargain to me, but you might do better with a PS3 running Linux.

Furyflame
11-02-2007, 02:43 AM
Well if you want freakin Alienware, you should expect to have to shell out a ton of cash. Hell, I haven't seen a model that cheap, they're usually $2500 and up.

Looks like a bargain to me, but you might do better with a PS3 running Linux.
I didn't say it had to be AlienWare. :P

Josh
11-02-2007, 05:09 AM
AlienWare aren't the best for laptops. If you could get an ASUS laptop with a nice Turion processor and GeForce in it (The higher the number the better. :P) you might have better value for your money.

Laptops shouldn't be for gaming in my opinion. If you want a gaming machine you'd be better off going with a PC.

Jack of Clovers
11-02-2007, 06:04 AM
Laptops shouldn't be for gaming in my opinion. If you want a gaming machine you'd be better off going with a PC.

Definitely agree with that. Laptops are more difficult to upgrade hardware, making them poor choices as a primary gaming tool.

Cheap? Primary gaming pc/laptops are typically more expensive. So if you really want to play games and on a good system, you're going to have to pay the extra money.

~Jack~

Tamer Marco
11-03-2007, 06:28 PM
I think that Laptops are just a preference for people that want to play something awesome, but they can't carry the PC with them.

I prefer gaming consoles, but if you want to play a good RTS or shooter, a gaming PC/Laptop is the way to go.

Josh
11-03-2007, 09:17 PM
Cheap? Primary gaming pc/laptops are typically more expensive. So if you really want to play games and on a good system, you're going to have to pay the extra money.

I dunno, I've seen some pretty spiffy gaming systems on eBay for under $1000. Heck, if you're willing (and have the know-how) you could buy the motherboard, CPU, RAM and video card for around $500 (Provided you already have a PSU, case and harddisk).

Furyflame
11-03-2007, 09:18 PM
I think that Laptops are just a preference for people that want to play something awesome, but they can't carry the PC with them.

I prefer gaming consoles, but if you want to play a good RTS or shooter, a gaming PC/Laptop is the way to go.
Yeah, I really wanted to get a few sshooting games like Battlefield 2. :/ However, my current computer is to crappy to play it. D: