PDA

View Full Version : The Great Console War (And other related console discussion)

The Maple Syrup Baptist
11-03-2007, 04:01 AM
Huzzah. the's big comeback thread (that's me :biggrin: ). The thread that will separate the whipped dogs, the ignorant slums, and the free thinkers. Or whatever.

Now I think the console war is bollucks, but it's a catchy thread title. Where do you stand when it comes to this topic?

Are you all about PS3?
All about XBOX 360?
All about Wii?
Do you hate the console war?
Do you hate a certain console?
Do you hate a certain company?
Do you just want to talk about Hi-Def (and Wii) games?

One thing I know is... I could really use a toasted bagel with cream cheese and a glass of orange juice right about now.

Let's talk modern gaming culture here; there must be people here that play more than DS or PC.

Xerion
11-03-2007, 04:04 AM
Wii, is garbage, 360 is okay for sports, but PS3 is the best out of the three.

This probably belongs in the Other:Games/Cards section. But this is a Pokemon Forum, Pokemon is from Nintendo, so this thing will be biased.

I don't even play my DS anymore, I smashed it with a hammer and wrote "Nintendo Sucks!" on it's piecec, so I'm happy :happy:

-Xerion

Shdw_Tamwyn
11-03-2007, 04:05 AM
I think the Wii is pretty good, but doesn't have ANY good games. Personally, I think the 360 is the best.

The Maple Syrup Baptist
11-03-2007, 04:13 AM
Wii, is garbage, 360 is okay for sports, but PS3 is the best out of the three.

This probably belongs in the Other:Games/Cards section. But this is a Pokemon Forum, Pokemon is from Nintendo, so this thing will be biased.

I don't even play my DS anymore, I smashed it with a hammer and wrote "Nintendo Sucks!" on it's piecec, so I'm happy :happy:

-Xerion

I agree with the PS3. After waiting for a year for one, I got it 2 weeks ago and I love it. Currently playing Oblivion GOTYE and Ratchet and Clank Future.

I myself hate the console war. I think opinions are great but bashing is pointless; people will play what they want to play at the end of the day.

If I must use redundant, linear gamer-tongue: Wii has a nex-gen controller but terribly last gen system; 360 has a nex-gen system but the controller is stuck in the middle, with a great layout but nothing innovative; the PS3 has a nex-gen system and nex-gen controller, which provides the most fluid nex-gen experience in my opinion.

Wow, what the hell did I just say?

Anyways, I thought the political undertone of my thread would prosper it better here; if a Mod wishes to move it, so be it. :happy:

Tamer Marco
11-03-2007, 04:16 AM
Should be in the Games section.

And PS3 hands down. I was scared at first when I bought mine (in Feburary), but now it is really paying off. I see the 360 as the second best and the Wii as the third.

Xerion
11-03-2007, 04:19 AM
I agree with the PS3. After waiting for a year for one, I got it 2 weeks ago and I love it. Currently playing Oblivion GOTYE and Ratchet and Clank Future.

I myself hate the console war. I think opinions are great but bashing is pointless; people will play what they want to play at the end of the day.

If I must use redundant, linear gamer-tongue: Wii has a nex-gen controller but terribly last gen system; 360 has a nex-gen system but the controller is stuck in the middle, with a great layout but nothing innovative; the PS3 has a nex-gen system and nex-gen controller, which provides the most fluid nex-gen experience in my opinion.

Wow, what the hell did I just say?

Anyways, I thought the political undertone of my thread would prosper it better here; if a Mod wishes to move it, so be it. :happy:I have to wait until Christmas to get my PS3, but I know what games I'm getting. Ratchet & Clank Future and Heavenly Sword(Suppsoed to be only 7 hours long, but with graphics it'll be an origasm to the eyes.)

Still, what you said was completly right. 360 great and all, but the controller is not so good. While Wii has a great controller, and bad graphics. While PS3 is just the best in my book.

-Xerion

Shdw_Tamwyn
11-03-2007, 04:21 AM
I also think that the Xbox was pretty good, but thats old... oh well.

The Maple Syrup Baptist
11-03-2007, 04:29 AM
And PS3 hands down. I was scared at first when I bought mine (in Feburary), but now it is really paying off. I see the 360 as the second best and the Wii as the third.

How hard is the wait for Uncharted for you? It's killing me!

I have to wait until Christmas to get my PS3, but I know what games I'm getting. Ratchet & Clank Future and Heavenly Sword(Suppsoed to be only 7 hours long, but with graphics it'll be an origasm to the eyes.)

Still, what you said was completly right. 360 great and all, but the controller is not so good. While Wii has a great controller, and bad graphics. While PS3 is just the best in my book.

-Xerion

Heavenly Sword is in my library, and you won't be disappointed. You must play it in HD... My God it's spectacular to behold. 7 hour game maybe, but getting all the extras will take some work, and there's quite a lot of extras to be had. I'm not done it yet. It's no God Of War but... It's good.

I also think that the Xbox was pretty good, but thats old... oh well.

For the time yeah, it was.

Xerion
11-03-2007, 04:42 AM
How hard is the wait for Uncharted for you? It's killing me!

Heavenly Sword is in my library, and you won't be disappointed. You must play it in HD... My God it's spectacular to behold. 7 hour game maybe, but getting all the extras will take some work, and there's quite a lot of extras to be had. I'm not done it yet. It's no God Of War but... It's good.

For the time yeah, it was.
Every TV in my house has HD, so, I will be happy. I've seen on TV it's supposed to be a great game. I never got all of the extras on both God of Wars, almost on the second one, just coudn't beat the game in Titan Mode, almost, but I kept dieing against the final battle with Zeuse. If they put a good Kingdom Hearts game on the PS3, I'll probably have a graphics seizure.

-Xerion