PDA

View Full Version : Read the post because the description is way too long to make it a thread name.

Charbok
11-03-2007, 08:09 PM
What do you think of the pre/post texts that people are putting in their posts?
E.g:

"One for all...
....................[post content here]
.................................................. ....and all for one!"

I find them extremely annoying and a waste of posting space.

Phantasm.Angel
11-03-2007, 08:16 PM
I strongly agree. They are annoying.

Monkey Boy
11-03-2007, 08:18 PM
A Big waste of space = Annoying once I think it sia d somthing like

Up
Down
Yes
No.

When I asked a Q so I read No and I was like Ok BOO THING_A_MIGIGA

-PK
11-03-2007, 08:20 PM
They are very stupid, I hate them.

Charbok
11-03-2007, 08:20 PM
A Big waste of space = Annoying once I think it sia d somthing like

Up
Down
Yes
No.

When I asked a Q so I read No and I was like Ok BOO THING_A_MIGIGA

What?
I'm sorry, please translate:
Helpful Dictionary (http://www.netlingo.com)

Stubby Boardman
11-03-2007, 08:22 PM
personally i dont care

Pooka
11-03-2007, 08:25 PM
No offence to anybody who's doing it but I find them extremely irritating.

Professor Geoffrey
11-03-2007, 08:29 PM
They're alright... But they are annoying. At first I thought it was neat, and wanted to do one myself, but I can't remember to do that everyday.

Stardy
11-03-2007, 09:04 PM
Im so-so on it, they are alright and rubbish mixed

TeirusuFX
11-03-2007, 09:31 PM
And now...a quote from Ron...before the Yule Ball...

You're basically putting the pressure on me are you -_-

Well I can probably do this...

----------

*colored text that changes every half week*

♪LoaferBoyzX♪

*random picture here that changes every half week*

"...Look at me! I look like my great aunt Bessie!...Smells like my great aunt Bessie..........Murder me Harry."

Ranma
11-03-2007, 09:43 PM
I find them very annoying.

PalkiaAndBlisseyrock
11-03-2007, 10:52 PM
I don't likes them.
Except Loaferboyz more recent ones with Ron quotes :D

Shadow Eevee
11-03-2007, 11:15 PM
And now...a quote from Ron...before the Yule Ball...

You're basically putting the pressure on me are you -_-

Well I can probably do this...

----------

*colored text that changes every half week*

♪LoaferBoyzX♪

*random picture here that changes every half week*

"...Look at me! I look like my great aunt Bessie!...Smells like my great aunt Bessie..........Murder me Harry."
Your the only one who makes them.

I find them really annoying, and if you are gonna do it, make it a seperate color than your real post.

Besides, what pleasure do you find out of them?

Leman
11-04-2007, 12:08 AM
I find them annoying. =/

Loyal Arcanine
11-04-2007, 12:11 AM
Most annoying fad anyone could have come up with.

Fire Away
11-04-2007, 12:14 AM
It kind of bugs me that I always read the first little header thing because I think it's the actual post, only to find out it isn't. I usually skip said post after that. >_>

That being said, more annoying things could happen. Unreadable posts, spam, etc.

Neo Emolga
11-04-2007, 04:27 PM
These drive me CRAZY! http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y109/Ultradyne/Pikachu%20Emotes/angry.gif

Seriously, LoaferBoyzX, 100% of the time, I think that bit in each of your posts is a part of the discussion, and it turns out not being the case, but instead the same repeated message over and over again. And then I have to squint to be able to read that cyan-colored text.

Really... make it stop... please. http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y109/Ultradyne/Pikachu%20Emotes/blank.gif

Shadow Eevee
11-04-2007, 06:32 PM
These drive me CRAZY! http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y109/Ultradyne/Pikachu%20Emotes/angry.gif

Seriously, LoaferBoyzX, 100% of the time, I think that bit in each of your posts is a part of the discussion, and it turns out not being the case, but instead the same repeated message over and over again. And then I have to squint to be able to read that cyan-colored text.

Really... make it stop... please. http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y109/Ultradyne/Pikachu%20Emotes/blank.gif

Wow, Neo couldn't have said it any better.

SunshineWingull
11-04-2007, 08:08 PM

...You read my mind, Neo.

At lest it ain't yellow...

Galactic Spriter
11-04-2007, 08:16 PM
...You read my mind, Neo.

At lest it ain't yellow...
Once he put it (In White)

Galactic Grunt

Ridley
11-04-2007, 10:11 PM
Poll Option Number Four

"-~[name]" at the end of a post is fine but this is too much.

Also: NP 1337ness +999

Nirvash
11-04-2007, 10:16 PM
Poll Option Number Four

"-~[name]" at the end of a post is fine but this is too much.

Also: NP 1337ness +999

I agree with this, Ridley. NUMBAR 4 IS RYT AND THRZ NUTHIN U KEN DOO UHBOWT IT!!!

In all seriousness, it drives me insane. I hate it. Adding your name at the end of each post is enough.

JentleViolence
11-04-2007, 10:57 PM
Honestly, I never read the quote or the Q and A or whatever it is.

To me, it would just take up time and space, but I guess it's a way somebody can express themselves.

InvertrevnI
11-04-2007, 11:23 PM
~*~*Most annoying "fad" ever...

Brutal Honesty

Is the faculty to be extremely honest with anyone in any given situation. This facilitates communication in some degree, but may cause discomfort or strangeness in the receiver of the message. The discomfort in the receiver comes from the strange situation in witch the speaker puts him. In some occasions the listener doesn't want to know all the truth about a given subject. In other cases the discomfort is generated because the speaker is judging or criticizing the listener. Taken to an extreme, brutal honesty generates problems of communication, because the speaker does logic associations, based on his/hers personal experience, that the listener is unable to follow.

Copy-pasted from Wikipedia.

...Especially when the poster's name ends or begins with x, xx, or xxx and use multiple colors in their posts!~*~*

Sixto
11-04-2007, 11:37 PM
It annoys me quit a bit.

The Jr Trainer
11-04-2007, 11:38 PM
They annoy me... a lot. They usaully completely distract me from what I was going to say in that thread and I forget. >_<

~JT

Tamer Marco
11-04-2007, 11:39 PM
I'm considering of putting a few people on my forum ignore list. God they're annoying. ._.

LS
11-05-2007, 01:13 AM
Yeah... They piss me off... A LOT I might start doing what Marco suggested.
:3

EmBreon
11-05-2007, 01:49 AM
Personally I think these messages are very catchy.....

To be honest I find them extremely annoying, as does everyone else.

.....Especially considering that they hold complete relevance to every post.

Nitro
11-05-2007, 03:50 AM
They're usually annoying. I find them entertaining under two conditions:
1. They belong to LoaferBoyZX
2. I haven't read them before.

If I see ones that I've already read, then it gets annoying.

.AzureLight
11-05-2007, 04:15 AM
Dumb Gaiafags who invented those things. What happens on Gaia Online should stay on Gaia Online and not spread their cancerous ways to the rest of the internet.

Ultima Boss
11-05-2007, 04:21 AM
My growing ignore list has yet to disappoint.

Nitro
11-05-2007, 04:38 AM
Irrelevant, this is spam.
You're one to speak about spam, it's basically your core function. *points at all your previous posts*

Fire Away
11-05-2007, 04:40 AM
Dumb Gaiafags who invented those things. What happens on Gaia Online should stay on Gaia Online and not spread their cancerous ways to the rest of the internet.

You can say that again. :/

.AzureLight
11-05-2007, 04:52 AM
You can say that again. :/

:tongue:

Bulletangel
11-05-2007, 05:01 AM
Irrelevant, this is spam.
ROFL, you dont say that to a Global Moderator xD

Ontopic: It irritates me. This has been unanimously voted against. Down for Gaiajunk.

DOWN.

_AshenEagle_
11-05-2007, 05:29 AM
I hate how most of the time the outer texts are bold in comparison to the light center text, Really hurts my eyes

Ultima Boss
11-05-2007, 06:20 AM
Ah yes, I'm quite surprised that no one has commented on the thread title and what it symbolizes. Quite frankly, people need to find a way to keep subject titles as simple as possible. It aggravates me, and I'm sure others as well, to see titles and starting posts in such repetition; you know who you are, but I will not mention names. While I'm at it, give yourself some respect and attempt to use proper capitalization when naming thread titles. Not only does it present more credentials to the viewer but you'll also most likely make more friends, if you desire them.

Of course, I have other ways to not get aggravated by this, 'tis merely a tip if you want to look real professional.

Jack of Clovers
11-05-2007, 06:16 PM
Most members don't fully understand that aspect of the forum life. It's the one thing we have to take in stride, being on a Pokemon forum afterall.

Poll--- They're annoying.

~Jack~

Hoshika
11-05-2007, 06:22 PM
LIEK OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMG

They're annoying when they don't make any sense/aren't funny/are put in a lengthy post that is of some significance. I also get them mixed into the actual post, so I'm saying to myself, "What does Sonic Heroes have to do with a haunted house?!".

A POST :OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO...

earth_type_rule
11-05-2007, 06:36 PM
This sentance is complete useless......

THIS IS SOOOO ANNOYING! Loaferboy is the only one doing it, though :| So basicly, you are annoying, Loafer :D

...... And so does this sentance!

TeirusuFX
11-05-2007, 07:30 PM
This sentance is complete useless......

THIS IS SOOOO ANNOYING! Loaferboy is the only one doing it, though :| So basicly, you are annoying, Loafer :D

...... And so does this sentance!

Lol, I get everyone hates them +_+

I already decided to do something else so stop bothering me ▼w▼

♪LoaferBoyzX♪

http://i3.tinypic.com/2hoinpx.jpg

Team Pokemon
11-06-2007, 05:06 PM
I don't mind, but when I read fast, I get confused.

Charbok
11-06-2007, 09:16 PM
Lol, I get everyone hates them +_+

I already decided to do something else so stop bothering me ▼w▼

♪LoaferBoyzX♪

http://i3.tinypic.com/2hoinpx.jpg

Honestly Loafer, I wasn't thinking of you when I made the thread.
I swear that there are a few more people who do it.