PDA

View Full Version : Mario And Sonic At The Olympic Games?

Neon_Espeon
11-06-2007, 03:59 PM
According to Sonic Central (http://www.sega.com/sonic/content.php), the Game is released Today. And yes, this Game IS coming out, it was never a April Fools joke.

So... Is anyone Buying or Renting it?

And no bashing or spoilers of the Game please. :tongue:

If you'd like more information Click Here, (http://www.mariowiki.com/Mario_%26_Sonic_at_the_Olympic_Games) And Here. (http://www.sega.com/gamesite/marioandsonic/index.php)

...Yes, i know it's weird. But it's Mario and Sonic combined, what you'd expect? By the way, yes, the Chaos ARE just as big as the Toads.

Dark Lightning
11-06-2007, 04:12 PM
yeah, it is released today.
i'm planning on getting it, though ill probably be luigi and shadow all the time.

IBeatRyan
11-07-2007, 04:20 AM
Well ill get it,its looks fun.

SuperBoy
11-07-2007, 05:18 AM
The game did in fact come out today.

I didn't have the time to reserve the game, so I'm going to buy it on Saturday.

I'll most likely select Yoshi and Sonic, seeing as they're two of my favorite characters.

ColdBoy

Orthar
11-07-2007, 11:24 AM
I wouldn't waste my money on a pos game like that. It's completley...just blah. Not appealing....stupid concept....so in short answer. No, I won't be buying it or renting it.

Vincent_Valentine_4
11-08-2007, 05:29 AM
Shadow and Yoshi! this looks like fun.

aztec005
11-09-2007, 01:32 AM
well i dont have a wii yet, but check out the game for me if its good then ill buy it, odds are ill play as blaze or any of the mario characters cause i cant stand the 4kids voices

Neon_Espeon
11-09-2007, 03:52 PM
From what i've played so far i can't really Review completely(I would have loved an explanation for how Mario and Sonic get to Beijing. I guess they want us to figure it out ourselves). But so far, quite fun. Table Tennis is awesome(The Trampoline is brutal...). And I'm sure Vector Fans will be happy to know they got him a new Voice, it sounds like his old one and his new one in one strange combo, by the way. So Fans will have to give the Game some points there... right? Ah, well... It's getting pretty good scores from the Magazines.

Other things: As i've checked my main sources, it seems what i heard about "Twenty Total Playable Characters" was false. You start off with sixteen, and can't unlock any mire. So if you heard that some Magazine(Whose name i forget)said that DK, Rouge, and Silver would be unlockables, you heard wrong. But there's always hope for the DS Version(Which comes out on the Sixteenth).

well i dont have a wii yet, but check out the game for me if its good then ill buy it, odds are ill play as blaze or any of the mario characters cause i cant stand the 4kids voices

As i said before, Vector is the only Sonic character who had a VA change. And there's that option to play as your Mii, too.

I wouldn't waste my money on a pos game like that. It's completley...just blah. Not appealing....stupid concept....so in short answer. No, I won't be buying it or renting it.

Not appealing...? Stupid concept...? Didn't i just say no bashing?

Dark Lightning
11-09-2007, 04:00 PM
And I'm sure Vector Fans will be happy, because they got him a new Voice
i'm a vector fan.
he's got a new voice? that's interesting, i didn't like his old one.

Neon_Espeon
11-09-2007, 06:07 PM
i'm a vector fan.
he's got a new voice? that's interesting, i didn't like his old one.

Yep, he does. It sounds like both his Voices combined. So i think you'll enjoy it. :D I think Charmy's may be different, too. But i only heard that one line.

aztec005
11-09-2007, 11:38 PM
great, well im convinced. i relly need to get a wii now man why do they have to be so hard to get?:sad:

Neon_Espeon
11-11-2007, 02:39 AM
great, well im convinced. i relly need to get a wii now man why do they have to be so hard to get?:sad:

Your stores don't have them? Weird, mine usually have a few left...

Anyways... Here are a few other tid-bits on the Game.

In "Gallery" mode, you can unlock and read Olympic Game history, to unlock it, you must play Mini-Games, they range from easy to slightly hard. And when you complete five you get two BGMs to play while in that Mode(They also play during the Mini-Games). So if you like the original Game Music of Sonic and Mario, then lucky you. The Green Hill Zone and Classic Mario Theme's are the first BGMs you can Unlock, and more! Such as "Starlight Zone Theme"(From Sonic 1) and the "Under Ground"(Super Mario Bros.) BGMs.

And it seems Charmy also has a new Voice, but all he really says is "No Good!" when you get a Foul. And Espio? I dunno, i haven't heard him say anything.

Dark Lightning
11-11-2007, 02:54 PM
Your stores don't have them? Weird, mine usually have a few left...

Anyways... Here are a few other tid-bits on the Game.

In "Gallery" mode, you can unlock and read Olympic Game history, to unlock it, you must play Mini-Games, they range from easy to slightly hard. And when you complete five you get two BGMs to play while in that Mode(They also play during the Mini-Games). So you like the original Game Music of Sonic and Mario, then lucky you. The Green Hill Zone and Classic Mario Theme's are the first BGMs you can Unlock, and more! Such as "Starlight Zone Theme"(From Sonic 1) and the "Under Ground"(Super Mario Bros.) BGMs.

And it seems Charmy also has a new Voice, but all he really says is "No Good!" when you get a Foul. And Espio? I dunno, i haven't heard him say anything.
:o
Now I want to get it more than ever.

Hatchet
11-11-2007, 03:32 PM
Going to rent it once they return it back. Yay for Blockbuster Rewards program.

Neon_Espeon
11-12-2007, 10:49 AM
Well, our favorite purple obese cat makes yet another appearance in a Game he isn't playable in. And the cute Chaos, Hero and Dark ones, too.

Also, to clear up the "HOW CAN SONIC SWIM!?!?!?!" thing, he wears a Life Jacket and has his own special Swimming Style("Underwater Running"), and looks like he doesn't know how swim that much(From what I've seen when playing against him, he sucks at swimming(Super slow).). The "Mario being able to run as fast as Sonic" thing, well... that i will never know. Many have thought Steroids, though.

And here's a bit of a laugh; Tails, Vector, and strangely Blaze are Shadow's Rivals in Mission Mode, AND Shadow's infamous line from Sonic And The Secret Rings "I'm The Ultimate!" is back(It never gets old when he's the ULTIMATE at something simple like Violin playing).

aztec005
11-12-2007, 10:58 PM
Well, our favorite purple obese cat makes yet another appearance in a Game he isn't playable in. And the cute Chaos, Hero and Dark ones, too.

Also, to clear up the "HOW CAN SONIC SWIM!?!?!?!" thing, he wears a Life Jacket and has his own special Swimming Style("Underwater Running"), and looks like he doesn't know how swim that much(From what I've seen when playing against him, he sucks at swimming(Super slow).). The "Mario being able to run as fast as Sonic" thing, well... that i will never know. Many have thought Steroids, though.

And here's a bit of a laugh; Tails, Vector, and strangely Blaze are Shadow's Rivals in Mission Mode, AND Shadow's infamous line from Sonic And The Secret Rings "I'm The Ultimate!" is back(It never gets old when he's the ULTIMATE at something simple like Violin playing).
yo neon i heard the new va for vector in a video on gametrailers and wow hes awful, i dont know which is the baddest this one or the 4kids version, oh man why cant they just get a guy to make vector sound tough like in heroes

Neon_Espeon
11-13-2007, 11:54 AM
yo neon i heard the new va for vector in a video on gametrailers and wow hes awful, i dont know which is the baddest this one or the 4kids version, oh man why cant they just get a guy to make vector sound tough like in heroes

Ah, GameTrailers... How i despise that evil site... Anyways, I actually this one the best, it sounded like both of his voices rolled into one. But now that i think about it... That COULD be a bad thing.

At least 4Kids got ONE VA to sound like an Original, Omega, too bad he had to quit Voice Acting... Yes, that's right. 4Kids DIDN'T fire him because they enjoy seeing you sad at the sight of not hearing the Original Voices.

aztec005
11-13-2007, 04:16 PM
Ah, GameTrailers... How i despise that evil site... Anyways, I actually this one the best, it sounded like both of his voices rolled into one. But now that i think about it... That COULD be a bad thing.

At least 4Kids got ONE VA to sound like an Original, Omega, too bad he had to quit Voice Acting... Yes, that's right. 4Kids DIDN'T fire him because they enjoy seeing you sad at the sight of not hearing the Original Voices.
hehe you hate gametrailers, oh well as for omega just like big there probly the only characters in the game that i dont relly care at all so i guess none of their voices bother me

Neon_Espeon
11-15-2007, 10:24 AM
hehe you hate gametrailers, oh well as for omega just like big there probly the only characters in the game that i dont relly care at all so i guess none of their voices bother me

I don't see how you can't hate it. Everyone on there is a complete negative nancy. Also they complain way too much...

Omega sounds alright, even though i can't help but to think of Meowth without his accent when he talks(They have the same Voice Actress). As for Big, i don't really care, no matter what he'll retarded.

Back to the main topic...

I wonder if there will be any major differences in the DS version. I'm hoping for Rouge, DK, and -maybe- Silver to playable. I heard a rumor that they were, so maybe it was the DS version they were talking about. Guess I'll to wait and see. *Won't be getting it for the DS any time soon, because it will ruin my Super Smash Bros. Brawl Savings*

aztec005
11-15-2007, 09:47 PM
I don't see how you can't hate it. Everyone on there is a complete negative nancy. Also they complain way too much...

Omega sounds alright, even though i can't help but to think of Meowth without his accent when he talks(They have the same Voice Actress). As for Big, i don't really care, no matter what he'll retarded.

Back to the main topic...

I wonder if there will be any major differences in the DS version. I'm hoping for Rouge, DK, and -maybe- Silver to playable. I heard a rumor that they were, so maybe it was the DS version they were talking about. Guess I'll to wait and see. *Won't be getting it for the DS any time soon, because it will ruin my Super Smash Bros. Brawl Savings*
oh how i envy you wii owners well anyway the best thing for me to do is to get the ds version of the game.

i dout that theyll put rouge in the game cause of her cleavage and i hope they dont put silver on it cause i dont like him. i however would like to see marine or and past characters like mighty, fang or tikal in it or even donky kong

Neon_Espeon
11-17-2007, 01:10 PM
oh how i envy you wii owners well anyway the best thing for me to do is to get the ds version of the game.

i dout that theyll put rouge in the game cause of her cleavage and i hope they dont put silver on it cause i dont like him. i however would like to see marine or and past characters like mighty, fang or tikal in it or even donky kong

Yeah, i was thinking if they ever DID put her in, she'd probably have a really skimpy outfit(As usual). Silver really wouldn't fit in the Olympics, i'm also guessing Sonic Team's phasing him out with Cream. And Sonic Rush Adventure came out only a few months ago, so it was sadly too late to put in that spunky little raccoon.

I dunno about the whole "Bringing back the originals" thing. Sometimes i think they won't do it, but then i think about the Chaotix. But there's always that Sonic RPG.

aztec005
11-19-2007, 09:48 PM
Yeah, i was thinking if they ever DID put her in, she'd probably have a really skimpy outfit(As usual). Silver really wouldn't fit in the Olympics, i'm also guessing Sonic Team's phasing him out with Cream. And Sonic Rush Adventure came out only a few months ago, so it was sadly too late to put in that spunky little raccoon.

I dunno about the whole "Bringing back the originals" thing. Sometimes i think they won't do it, but then i think about the Chaotix. But there's always that Sonic RPG.
hmm yea i wonder how that game is gonna turn out oh well im getting it

Dancing Mad
11-19-2007, 09:53 PM
I have heard that this game gets really boring after a while. When does it come out?

Neon_Espeon
11-20-2007, 10:02 PM
hmm yea i wonder how that game is gonna turn out oh well im getting it

Yay. :D I need someone to tell me what the DS version is like.

I have heard that this game gets really boring after a while. When does it come out?

It's one of those games where after you beat it, you can still play it again after awhile when you're bored. Most Party-Game Based ones are like that. It's also a good exercise when you get tired of Wii Sports.

And read the first post. :wink:

No1Inparticular
11-21-2007, 07:41 AM
(Please Be On PS2) Is It On Ps2?

Neon_Espeon
11-21-2007, 10:25 PM
(Please Be On PS2) Is It On Ps2?

(Read the first post, please). It has Mario in it, you do the math. Sorry, it's only out on the Wii and DS. :ermm:

(But "Sonic Riders: Zero Gravity" will be coming out for the PS2 and Wii next year, if you're interested in that.)

aztec005
11-22-2007, 03:30 AM
(Read the first post, please). It has Mario in it, you do the math. Sorry, it's only out on the Wii and DS. :ermm:

(But "Sonic Riders: Zero Gravity" will be coming out for the PS2 and Wii next year, if you're interested in that.)
yea when the ds version comes out, youll be the first to get info

hehe no1inparticular actualy thought that a mario game would ever come out on the ps2 heheh i find that relly funny

VP4L
11-22-2007, 10:16 PM
Yoshi will one both Sonic and Mario :crackup:

Neon_Espeon
11-23-2007, 08:23 PM
Yoshi will one both Sonic and Mario :crackup:

Er... I don't understand... Typo? Yoshi is LIKE both Sonic and Mario...? :ermm: