PDA

View Full Version : Corrupted file in GS

thepokingmaster123
03-27-2005, 05:49 PM
This happened about 4 months ago, but im still curious.

I was playin my Gold version. I had a Ho-oh Lv. 92. Then, my clock started doing crasy things, and it was showing instead of #'s, pieces of code similar to the numbers of the items that are cloned by Missingno in RBY. Yhen, the next day it said that my save file was corrupted, and the game got deleted.

Does someone know the cause of this??

ball
03-27-2005, 07:57 PM
The battery in the cartrige gone dry. I think it can be the only reason ( if you dont water your cartrige everyday, to grow it).

thepokingmaster123
03-29-2005, 03:03 AM
No, it didnt; when I restarted the game, it worked perfectly, and still does.

Still, thanx!

Pokemon Trainer Sarah
03-29-2005, 04:11 AM
My Gold version game got corrupted like that when I tried doing Mystery Gift with Pokemon Stadium 2.

It said to remove the game pak and reinsert it while doing mystery gift and I did, but then when I tried to play my game again, it said save file corrupted.

Pierre25
03-29-2005, 05:21 AM
Had you traded or battled another file recently?

If so, it was probably a single variable with timing that messed up if you didn't terminate the link correctly, and that single variable became corrupted and worked like a virus among your variables, and the game's built in fail-safe mechanism destroyed all corrupted variables to preserve the integrity of the game.
I think your team is coool

King Zark
03-29-2005, 01:08 PM
I bet it happened because you took out our game out of the gamepac to quickly and the save part was messed up so it deleted it.

thepokingmaster123
03-30-2005, 01:00 AM
Had you traded or battled another file recently?

If so, it was probably a single variable with timing that messed up if you didn't terminate the link correctly, and that single variable became corrupted and worked like a virus among your variables, and the game's built in fail-safe mechanism destroyed all corrupted variables to preserve the integrity of the game.

No, the game's ONLY contact was through a mystery gigt (to a diff. file), and THATS IT. Yet, it was nice to boast 203 in the pokedex with NO TRADING

I bet it happened because you took out our game out of the gamepac to quickly and the save part was messed up so it deleted it.

thats a more likely story. hmm.. :think:

Sky Girl
06-14-2005, 03:15 PM
I know this forum is a little old but hey, I'm new here.

That exact same thing happened to me. I can't believe it actually happened to someone else too. I was playing silver version @ skool and I turned off my gameboy for a minute. When I turned it back on @ the bottom it said "TIME NOT SET", (I hit "A") then it said "save file is corrupted". :sad: and it wouldn't let me play. but now I've started a new game and it's working fine so far. :confused:

stevey
06-26-2005, 09:38 AM
my mate told me(and he is a reliable mate who is 100% believe) that when he had done about 127 hours on his game he was phoned up by oak/elm that a virus was on the game making pokemon sick

ball
06-26-2005, 09:42 AM
THats called pokerus... oh, and no reviving 3 months old thread please.

Sky Girl
07-02-2005, 08:17 PM
THats called pokerus... oh, and no reviving 3 months old thread please.

Sorry, but i was just surprised that it happened to someone else. :oops: