PDA

View Full Version : What makes a TV show funny?

CkVertigo
11-12-2007, 10:16 PM
Title says it all.

Graphics?
What they say?
Other

Take your pick!

maddiesapphire
11-12-2007, 10:19 PM
what they say. its hard to get a joke across to someone with just graphics

Nitro
11-12-2007, 10:19 PM
It usually depends on sarcasm level, I like sarcasm. I also like rather painful accidents, such as anvils falling.

Galactic Spriter
11-12-2007, 10:22 PM
It usually depends on sarcasm level, I like sarcasm. I also like rather painful accidents, such as anvils falling.
The Randomness! And phrases like: "I like frozun yogert"

Galactic Grunt

Lonsie
11-12-2007, 10:24 PM
Defiantly randomness (sarcasm's nice too, though :wink:)

maddiesapphire
11-12-2007, 10:25 PM
randomness does too ^^ i put randomness in my funny stories. (although were talking about tv shows :P )

Freddy Fro
11-12-2007, 10:27 PM
The Randomness! And phrases like: "I like frozun yogert"

Galactic Grunt

Or, "Yes!"

Ah, good times, good times XD

Fro~

PS: I voted what they say, because they can't always be just slipping on a banana peel and its funny... well, maybe to a 4 year old, but it has to have backbone to why the person slipped on a banana peel!

Fire Away
11-12-2007, 10:30 PM
I chose 'other' because IMO a TV show is only funny if it has a brain. Anyone can make a stupid fart joke. Real humor takes intelligence. :/

Galactic Spriter
11-12-2007, 10:32 PM
I chose 'other' because IMO a TV show is only funny if it has a brain. Anyone can make a stupid fart joke. Real humor takes intelligence. :/
Or......

What flavor is the green one?

Mint.

What Flavor is the Brown one?

Chocolate

Mint.

Chocolate

Galactic Grunt

CkVertigo
11-12-2007, 10:34 PM
Or......

Mint.

Chocolate

Mint.

Chocolate

Galactic Grunt
Wow, less than 20 minutes, my topic is almost hot. :o
Graphics is getting killed over there...

c-wooper
11-12-2007, 10:45 PM
what they say duh.

Stubby Boardman
11-12-2007, 11:36 PM
what they say and i guess also what they do as well

Professor Geoffrey
11-12-2007, 11:47 PM
What they say, what else? I've seen many TV shows that are hilarious; That's So Raven, House, Thank God you're here... And probably more that I can't remember. 8D

Ahrim
11-12-2007, 11:59 PM
I believe what they say and what they do without saying makes a tv show funny. i.e.; On the guitar hero episode when Stan's dad plays guitar and sings to "Carry on my Wayward Son" by Kansas. His singing = comedy. Also, he doesn't say anything, but when he tries out the guitar hero late at night. Just the way he acted made me laugh.

Ridley
11-13-2007, 01:39 AM
Other: Gir.

Gir makes something funny and therefore nothing is funny if it doesn't have Gir.

Seriously though, randomness imo. Gir still rocks though.

PalkiaAndBlisseyrock
11-13-2007, 01:47 AM
Other: Gir.

Gir makes something funny and therefore nothing is funny if it doesn't have Gir.

Seriously though, randomness imo. Gir still rocks though.

:D @ this.

Anyways, I picked "What they say". Graphics are funny sometimes though.
And cheese references. Cheese is awesome.

Shiny Loser
11-13-2007, 01:06 PM
Other: Satire. I know that's part of what they say, but it's in a way a different art all together. And that's why I love South Park so much - it's so satirical.

Llama Commando
11-13-2007, 01:48 PM
What they say is definitely the most important factor. Would The Simpsons be funny if they didn't say funny stuff? Answer: NO!!!!

TeirusuFX
11-13-2007, 10:18 PM
Other

What they say is important, but they also have to mean it, otherwise, it's not funny

♪LoaferBoyzX♪

http://i13.tinypic.com/82log08.png

Click the Pokeball...http://www.pokeplushies.com/images/adoptables/14163.gif (http://www.pokeplushies.com/adoptables.php?act=rarecandy&id=14163)...to feed it Plutonium!

Snow Fairy Sugar
11-15-2007, 07:32 AM
I think the witty comments and the special effects are what make the TV programs funny, as compared to dumb random humor.

earth_type_rule
11-15-2007, 07:44 AM
A TV show is funny when l33t stuff is in it. Like making a daily life ( gangsters on street, going to fight, then one is touching his ass all the time xDDD ) very twisted and funny, though keep the truth in it.

Shadow Eevee
11-17-2007, 12:20 AM
Or......

Mint.

Chocolate

Mint.

Chocolate

Galactic Grunt
That was the saddest excuse for comedy that I've ever heard.

I think that funniness, but not the cheap N00b humor. More of Parodies, running gags, spoofs, sarcasm, and good randomness.