PDA

View Full Version : Bad Habits of Roleplayers

Shuricel
11-13-2007, 01:25 AM
I shall a thread like this on another forum, and I found it interesting.

So, what are the bad habits of roleplayers you find irritating?

Here are some of the ones that annoy me:

The all knowing character: I haven't had the misfortune to have roleplayed with any of these...but these are the people whose characters happen to know what EVERY OTHER roleplay is doing. I don't mind if they use this knowledge just to find and interact with other roleplayers...but it gets annoying when your character sets up some inticrate trap down to every last detail...then some n00b roleplayer comes and goes 'ZOMG! I RANDOMLY KNOW THERE'S A TRAP THIS WAY! LET'S GO THE OTHER WAY! :D'.

Teh undetailed roleplayer: The person who goes. 'Bob walked down and defeated the dragon.' >.>

I could name several others...but I want to hear your say. ^^

vedros
11-14-2007, 07:44 PM
The SU Spammer:

There is plenty of room in the Discussion Thread, thank you!

Eager Much?:

Lots of people like to start an RP thread before they even have any players, or if they only have one.

Kaioo
11-14-2007, 09:37 PM
Godmodders: I absolutely despise them.. In fact.. I've godmodded a few times, so I despise myself, and am Ashamed by what I did... Anyway, Godmodders are annoying, for example you could say 'Silk Aimed carefully, the gun aimed straight at the foe's head, and shot the gun, the bullet heading towards the head' and then the Godmodder then says 'I dodge the Bullet Matrix Style and kill Silk'. Or something along those words..

T3h-Chiisai
11-23-2007, 01:22 AM
Illiterates, seriously guys, you went to school and will be there for who knows how many more. Let us know you learned some kind of spelling and sentence structure skills! It's not that hard. :/

edelweiss
11-24-2007, 02:19 AM
The Comment-Fishers:
That's an awkward term. Anyways - these are the role players who are actually pretty good but can't help belittling themselves for the reassurances of others. One line that I've seen often is: "My intro's not going to be as good as yours." You guys have to be more confident. If you're still not particularly keen on your own skills, plainly ask for comments or criticisms and stop disguising them as pity-pleas.

The Presumptuous Hoo-hahs:
(Because asterisks replace my profanities). These are the role players who like to flaunt their writing and composition skills in your face. Not that I'm saying it's bad to be literate, but please stop telling me that I'm using this word incorrectly. Or, stop imposing your grammar rules into my eye sockets. I get it - I'm not as skilled in the Language Arts as you are. Now kindly STFU.

ooc; Mahbad - I really had to get that out.