PDA

View Full Version : Would you want to be a mod?

Dragon_Master
11-13-2007, 10:35 PM
Would you want to be a mod?
Would you like having all that responisablity?
Or would you rather somone else have it?
Have fun!:wink:

karmachameleon
11-13-2007, 10:38 PM
No, because it's too much responsibility, and I'd have to be on here a lot. Plus, mods just aren't cool.

pikahero2
11-13-2007, 10:41 PM
I wouldnt mind I'm active alot too.

But its alot of responsibility and I'm only known around the art boards....:oops:

Tamer Marco
11-13-2007, 10:47 PM
Being a mod would suck.

And I think a temp ban and two infractions in a week would deplete my chances of being a mod. :p

TheEvilDookie
11-13-2007, 10:51 PM
I WOULD vote, but you made it public. :ermm:

c-wooper
11-13-2007, 10:54 PM
No, because it's too much responsibility, and I'd have to be on here a lot. Plus, mods just aren't cool.

your not cool. :tongue:

yea, I would so I could help Pe2k bring the spam down.

Charbok
11-13-2007, 10:59 PM
The responsibility wouldn't be a problem for me, it's just that people look at you in a differenet way when you're a mod.

But in some ways it would be nice.

Stubby Boardman
11-13-2007, 11:04 PM
Nah doesnt really sound exciting to me

Dragon_Master
11-13-2007, 11:09 PM
I WOULD vote, but you made it public. :ermm:

Anyway I could fix that?
Sorry.

JentleViolence
11-13-2007, 11:12 PM
Mod abilities are really cool sometimes....(I'm a mod somewhere else).

But...mods also have to deal with a lot of smack that comes with some members. It's annoying sometimes.

Ranma
11-13-2007, 11:35 PM
Not here. There would be WAY to much work here.

Kenny
11-13-2007, 11:35 PM
I'm not active enough to become a mod. I've had my account for more than a year, and I still haven't made 1,000+ posts yet.

diamondpearl876
11-13-2007, 11:39 PM
Here? Nah, I'm not active enough. Maybe, one day. XP Plus, I'm too busy in real life to deal with a mod job.

Shadow Eevee
11-13-2007, 11:47 PM
I'm not active enough to become a mod. I've had my account for more than a year, and I still haven't made 1,000+ posts yet.

Post counts don't matter.

I guess I'd try for a weekend, and if things go well...

Cybergear88
11-13-2007, 11:58 PM
well, im only around chat, TMI, used to be around D/P boards, and I am well known on the art boards. people see me in the voting polls as well. so I guess I could be a replacement art mod for a little bit. im active as it is. if I like it...im cool with that.

Trainer of Shadows
11-14-2007, 12:02 AM
I say yes, because I'm on a lot, and i would like the responsibility.
My only objection would be i wouldnt want people to
treat me differently.

~ToS~

Fire Away
11-14-2007, 12:08 AM
Ick. No way, d00d.

Bryce
11-14-2007, 12:13 AM
nah...

i wouldnt want to deal with all the snotty-nosed little brats plaguing me with PMs like:

"plez aprov mi thred"

Case & Point....

Hoshika
11-14-2007, 12:15 AM
Meh, too much responsibility for somebody that is working on 3 projects a day.

I'd abuse it, too. I'd change stuff on a whim, which is bad. :|

Gaia
11-14-2007, 12:22 AM

The poll's asking if you would want to be a mod, not if you could be a mod.

@ Poll: Of course I would. :p

TayyabX
11-14-2007, 12:26 AM
I would like to be a mod... and I'm on alot, though you don't see it...
but I think I'm a bit still young, I can handel the responsibility, but I feel my wittle youngness wanting to wait still.... maybe in a year? =P
But I would like to try it out! ^^

InvertrevnI
11-14-2007, 04:58 AM
http://nooooooo.ytmnd.com/

No. I think I've explained myself enough.

Wait, this expresses my feelings better:

http://noooooooo.ytmnd.com/

Neo Emolga
11-14-2007, 05:09 AM
Truthfully, there are days that have come and gone that I wished I wasn't a mod, and days that I was glad I was there to stop a mess before it happened or got worse.

Its a tough call, but in all honestly, I never want to be respected only because I'm a mod. I'd rather have it all from the things I've done and my character.

skiboydoggy
11-14-2007, 05:17 AM
Truthfully, there are days that have come and gone that I wished I wasn't a mod, and days that I was glad I was there to stop a mess before it happened or got worse.

Its a tough call, but in all honestly, I never want to be respected only because I'm a mod. I'd rather have it all from the things I've done and my character.
What Neo said, except take out the bits that would suggest I'm already a mod.

PalkiaAndBlisseyrock
11-14-2007, 05:27 AM
I dunno. On a smaller forum maybe...
Wait... I am. :|
But I dunno if I would mod here... Probably, because if they're asking me there'd be a reason for it.

Realityxxx
11-14-2007, 05:32 AM
Maybe. I aggree with BryceBoy. But i accedently did yes.

Kick the Moon
11-14-2007, 06:37 AM
No, there's too much responsibility in being one. ._.

Master Aqua
11-14-2007, 06:51 AM
i would love to be be a mod i want to help out. The only thing that would make sure i was not a mod is my spelling.

The_Seventieth_Evil
11-14-2007, 08:00 AM
If offered, yes. But I don't know how such action works or how Mods/GlobalMods interact with each other. I don't know how often they have to visit pe2k, age requirement, home computer abilities (if these even ARE needed), forum user status (popularity, respect, post count, time duration as a member, interactivity and contribution to pe2k, updating news and images relating to Pokemon, banning/allowing new/old users, and other duties likely not listed. There are likely those among us with capability, it is the ABILITY I am uncertain of. I am also relatively new as a forum poster/user here at pe2k, but as I am nearing ten years of fascination with the gaming aspect and image promoted by Nintendo and those behind the scenes of game design, faith and happiness as a fan would keep me in the NO position. I could, yes. I want to be, yes. Ultimately and realistically considering, no.

Jack of Clovers
11-14-2007, 07:32 PM
If I weren't, I would still wish to be one. I enjoy helping and organizing where needed. And it's a fun challenge.

~Jack~

earth_type_rule
11-14-2007, 07:37 PM
If I where a mod, I should of banned myself by saying the following line...

BEING A FREAKIN MOD IS TITWANK, IT GIVES AWAY YOUR COOLNESS AND YOU GET A GAY PERSONALITY LIKE JACK! :D

Only swinging the banhammer is l33t.

Master Aqua
11-14-2007, 07:38 PM

BEING A FREAKIN MOD IS TITWANK, IT GIVES AWAY YOUR COOLNESS AND YOU GET A GAY PERSONALITY LIKE JACK! :D

exuse me but keep your oppions to your self if they are going to be so horrid

not only are you insulting mods but you are insulting people that want to be one.

Not nice

Shinx22
11-14-2007, 07:39 PM
If I was offered a chance to be a mod I might take it up and be one. But if I had to choose I probably wouldn't. Sure I'd like to be able help others out and all that, but sometimes I can never keep on track and I might mess everything up if I was a mod :oops: But maybe I wouldn't. *starts talking to self*

Jack of Clovers
11-14-2007, 07:50 PM

Now you're just pushing your luck. :tongue: I'll introduce you to the banhammer sometime. How l33t would that be? :wink:

~Jack~

TeirusuFX
11-14-2007, 08:01 PM
To tell you the truth, no, I wouldn't

Mini-modding, I don't mind, but real modding is too much for meh -_-

♪LoaferBoyzX♪

http://i15.tinypic.com/6uiklcn.gif

Click the Pokeball...http://www.pokeplushies.com/images/adoptables/14163.gif ( http://www.pokeplushies.com/adoptables.php?act=rarecandy&id=14163)...to feed it Neptunium!

Neo Emolga
11-15-2007, 12:23 AM
To tell the truth, modding at PE2K was MANY, MANY times easier before Diamond and Pearl came out. Now, at least 75% of the forum's problems come from those boards alone, and I can't stand them.

Tamer Marco
11-15-2007, 12:27 AM

I'm so proud of you. ='] -manhug-

If I were a mod I'd give out infractions like anyone actually gave a damn. :rolleyes:

SuperT
11-15-2007, 01:35 AM
I say no. The following reasons says all.

1. I'm not as active as I was in the summer, due to school.
2. I'm to soft of a person.
3. Bad spelling.

Even I look at the D/P boards a lot. My answer is no.

Volvagia Master
11-15-2007, 01:41 AM
Nope.
If I was offered to be a mod Id accept but otherwise I wouldn't want it. Too much stress.

Nitro
11-15-2007, 01:59 AM
Well, I'd love to. I'm active enough, and I try my best to get proper spelling, grammer and such. However, mini-modding I don't do all the time. If I became a mod, then I would fulfill my responsibilities. For now, I'll just do what I already do. Obviously, I'm very ambitious.

.AzureLight
11-15-2007, 04:06 AM
Well, I assume you mean here... and so my answer is no.

Here, I would collapse with all these noobs. I'm a rule nazi when I have a position of authority... and yeah, although making me mod would probably end all our noob problems, it wouldn't be very good for the community. :tongue:

Give me a forum where the average IQ is superior to this one's, and sure, I'll gladly be a mod.

NinjaDuelist
11-15-2007, 05:00 AM
Would I want to be a mod...

I wouldn't mind, as I've been a mod at a few other sites before. It wasn't too difficult, but it wasn't as busy as here. However, I post quite a bit and enjoy being a member, so... it would be in the air on whether I would make a good mod or not. It would be cool, though, as mods like Neo Pikachu are people I kinda look up to. ^_^

-ND

Pomerania
11-15-2007, 05:04 AM
No, not particularly.

Perhaps in a less busy forum, but I could never successfully mod a place like this. xD

NinjaDuelist
11-15-2007, 05:32 AM
No, not particularly.

Perhaps in a less busy forum, but I could never successfully mod a place like this. xD

One thing that upsets me, though, is that I don't see mods like FireFlyK or YoungLink on very much. Not trying to make them feel bad, as we all have many things to take care of in our lives outside here, but mods should usually be very active to keep order. Neo Pikachu is on quite a bit, and he's a good example of a good mod. If we had about ten of him running around, then we would be set. ^_^

Barret
11-15-2007, 05:59 AM
Definitely no, as I'm hardly ever on. School and work keep me way too busy.

earth_type_rule
11-15-2007, 06:05 AM
Now you're just pushing your luck. :tongue: I'll introduce you to the banhammer sometime. How l33t would that be? :wink:

~Jack~

Quite l33t :O Can I make an appointment for the l33t sledgehammer?

Sixto
11-15-2007, 06:17 AM
People who are answering "no" and are not mods are just plain lying. :tongue3:

Fire Away
11-15-2007, 06:23 AM
Not really. In all honesty I'd be happy to help out on most other sites, but when I take a moment and consider the kinds of things that would end up in my inbox it's kind of a turn off. :/

Mewchirio
11-15-2007, 05:43 PM
Hmmm, not everyone would enjoy that power. i'd enjoy if I was more of a Global Mod, rather than a Normal XD
But yeah, being a Mod'd be cool

~Mewchirio~

SuperT
11-15-2007, 06:48 PM
One thing that upsets me, though, is that I don't see mods like FireFlyK or YoungLink on very much. Not trying to make them feel bad, as we all have many things to take care of in our lives outside here, but mods should usually be very active to keep order. Neo Pikachu is on quite a bit, and he's a good example of a good mod. If we had about ten of him running around, then we would be set. ^_^

I agree with you. I really don't see a lot of the other mods active.
Lets clone Neo Pikachu nine times. Just kidding.

Llama Commando
11-16-2007, 01:04 AM
Being a Mod would be really cool. A G-Mod would be more fun than a regular one, considering you're pretty restricted, but it would still be fun.

VictorP1
12-13-2007, 11:59 PM
I would have to say no, because if you become a moderater, you won't have the ratings of new trainer-elite trainer level 10.

Seawolf
12-14-2007, 12:00 AM
Sure, but the Moderator title trumps the Elite Trainer ones. >:]

VictorP1
12-14-2007, 12:01 AM
Sure, but the Moderator title trumps the Elite Trainer ones. >:]

you all ready are one. oh, and, nice stik

TeirusuFX
12-14-2007, 12:01 AM
Already a thread like this

I'd have to say no, because being a mini-mod is good enough for me

And I've seen no one on this forum become a Elite Trainer Level 10, it's takes a true forum poster to do that...or a cheating SPAMer

I declare this you're last poll thread

♪LoaferBoyzX♪

http://i17.tinypic.com/8f304za.jpg

Click the Pokeball...http://www.pokeplushies.com/images/adoptables/37273.gif (http://www.pokeplushies.com/adoptables.php?act=rarecandy&id=37273) ...to feed it Magnesium!

Black Label
12-14-2007, 12:02 AM
Maybe, i mean you get your name a different color! right alone there, is a lot to take in. XD but I wouldn't know...not many people know me on this form (sp?) so it would be random if I became a mod. :P

Ranma
12-14-2007, 12:03 AM
No, the mods here have a lot of responisbility.

TheEvilDookie
12-14-2007, 12:06 AM
a thread just like this has been made about a month ago. please check to see if the older onehasnt been osted in for at least a month if youre gonna make anothervery similar.

Nitro
12-14-2007, 12:12 AM
There already was another thread like this one. My decision still hasn't changed. I'd love to be a moderator. I'm definitely addicted to Pe2k enough. I'd love to help Pe2k after all it's done for me. But I don't really care if I become one. I'd like it, but it's a sort of an optional thing.

Kecleonfan666
12-14-2007, 12:21 AM
If I had the chance, sure, I have time on my hands.

I'd be able to help out in the keeping of PE2K under control, stopping fights, infraction hammering noobs who break "teh law", and generally flash my green username badge everywhere. I'd be mad pimpin' :O

But unfortunately, that is very unlikely, so it is a dream, but only a dream

Synester
12-14-2007, 12:40 AM
Not really, I wouldn't be able to deal with all of the pressure. But they do have those awesome name colors.

-SZ

Leman
12-14-2007, 12:41 AM
Most people who say yes wont actually become mods. And I wouldn't like to be one.

Professor Geoffrey
12-14-2007, 12:45 AM
Ermm... I'm not sure... I have yeses and nos...

YES: Because it would be a great title, and I could actually help the forum (well, in a better way).

NO: I fear work. I don't mind doing some of the work mods do; telling people what to and what not to do, locking threads, etc. But, I also think, for some reason, that mods have a job that I don't know about.

YES: I could help people with day to day things, such as locking their threads (if they ask), locking other people's threads (within reason), etc.

NO: I'm not as responsible as some of the othe members here. Also, what happens if I mess up (and I mean a BIG mistake) what would I do? Doing that as a normal member, not much of a problem, maybe a little regret, but if I was a moderator... It'd be front-page news.

NO: It would be giving power into young and unready hands. What if I lock a thread, or ban someone, and the person/thread really didn't deserve it. I'm a little young (even though I'm 13, and that Azu's only a couple years older) for the job, and may not make good decisions. Maybe in a couple years, but not now.

NO: I've only been with PE2K for a year, so, a year's worth of membership doesn't show much loyalty. Even though I am very loyal to the forum, words cannot express it. Actions do.

So, I'll go with no - for the time being. In the future, perhaps. It's for the good of the forum. XD

Linoone
12-14-2007, 01:06 AM
No
Then I can't have fun. Mods are killjoys. JK.
D:

Midnight
12-14-2007, 01:19 AM
Honestly, I don't have an actual [yes or no] answer to this one.
Sure, there are the responsibilities of being a mod and such, but it would be awesome to contribute a great deal to the forum by being one (unless, of course, you abuse your powers). :(

JentleViolence
12-14-2007, 03:30 AM
Nooo way man, not on Pe2k. Mods on large forums deal with too much crap, such as noobs running up to them and telling them to ban a member. Mods are also expected to be active, and, that's not me at times. XD

However, I mod on a small forum, and it's nice modding. Mods have their own special, super-secret forum just for mods, and we have the power (super mods) to go through other peoples' signatures and change what they have on there. We can also edit their personal info, look at their personal info, amend it, etc...The coolest thing about being a mod, imo, is the fact that you get more PM storage space (at least where I mod). I had 10,000 spaces for PMs.

XDD

Stardy
12-14-2007, 10:08 PM
Maybe =/

Depends on what "forums" I get to moderate, like if I get stuck with something like the DP board, then I would be screwed =p.

Frozen_in_Time
01-09-2008, 12:18 PM
Would you like to be a Moderator?
Well thats all!
~Berry

Shiny Loser
01-09-2008, 12:25 PM
Gah, don't think it's good to ask. That lowers your possibilities.

I'm not answering. I guess I'm neutral.

MagmarMan
01-09-2008, 09:07 PM
If the opportunity came up, sure.... but I'm not going to die if I'm not one either!

Ranma
01-09-2008, 09:17 PM
No, too much responsibility, plus, I hold grudges.

Palkiaperson
01-09-2008, 09:21 PM
I hold grudges.

There's something that alot of ppl would say:susp: I wouldn't want to be one either, to big of responsibility.

spartan117
01-09-2008, 09:53 PM
If the opportunity came up, sure.... but I'm not going to die if I'm not one either!
Yup same here. Only if I had an opportunity otherwise Im fine.

TeirusuFX
01-09-2008, 10:10 PM
Yup same here. Only if I had an opportunity otherwise Im fine.

Same here, being a mod doesn't mean you're 'uber'

And this thread mas been made already

EDIT: NVM, it's moved to that thread

♪LoaferBoyzX♪

FireflyK
01-09-2008, 10:22 PM

I'm invisible a lot. ;p I get more stuff done, 'cause I can organize/infract/whatever without people constantly trying to minimod and tell me what to do. We mods are on a lot more than y'all realize.

As to if I'd want to be a mod if I wasn't one.... Well, there's goods and bads.

Bad, people who liked me now won't talk to me so they're not thought of as suckups, people don't have as much tolerance for any silliness from mods, I have to always behave (Well, mostly, anyway ;) ), and when I try to do something for 'the people' I'm taken way less seriously. Oh... And the mini mods who try to tell me how to do my job. >_>; Can't STAND them, I think minimods should automatically be forbidden from ever getting to be mods. There's a difference between being helpful and just being annoying and controlling. Unfortunately, power can draw a lot of the latter type.

Good... I get to help, I get to help newbies, there is some recognition, some people who ignored me because I was relatively new now talk to me, and of course, I can infract idiots and spammers and such. And see the secret board. Oooh. ;) And your name is a cool color.... Although I'd still prefer purple as the mod color. Heh.

I must say, one of the good things about being a mod rather than a Gmod or admin is that you get to help, but without full responsibilities. Having been a mod, Gmod, and admin at various different sites for the last few years, I am sort of liking the limited responsibilities I have here.