PDA

View Full Version : Should i get my lip peirced?

Jazza
11-16-2007, 08:33 AM
Well, should i?

I was thinking about getting my lip peirced but it's always sounded a lil scary...is it safe? And should i do it?

earth_type_rule
11-16-2007, 08:47 AM
Well, should i?

I was thinking about getting my lip peirced but it's always sounded a lil scary...is it safe? And should i do it?

Your choice. Just make sure you disinfect it and clean it a lot.

Cybernetic Ghost
11-16-2007, 09:23 AM
I personally don't think many people can pull off a lip piercing, but if you want one and you like them, go ahead.

Shadow Eevee
11-17-2007, 12:12 AM
I say no. It's one of the number 1 causes of mouth/tooth infection.

Mystic_Mew
11-17-2007, 06:00 AM
Dont...Its ugly...Its....Its...ITS NASTY!

Bryce
11-17-2007, 06:08 AM
It is a matter of personal choice... it's your body, so you should be able to do what you want to it (except commit suicide & that stuff x.x)

in my opinion, it makes a person look trashy... you'll have a hard time finding a good job if you have it in at interviews...

Ataro
11-17-2007, 06:37 AM
My personal opinion would be no actually, you will regret it later in life. Besides, it looks ugly and disgusting imo.

Abhijit x2
11-17-2007, 06:50 AM
it makes you look hardcore
and as BryceBoy10 said you will have a tough time finding good jobs even if you are highly qualified.....

Snow Fairy Sugar
11-17-2007, 06:54 AM
I think lip piercing's not a good idea. It rather makes you look weird, rather than cool. I remember a guy who had his ear pierced. No one went out with him till he had the ear-ring thing off. Though he thought it made him look "Macho". Or so he thought.

And of course, if all the pain you've gone through goes in waste...

Jazza
11-17-2007, 08:51 AM
I think lip piercing's not a good idea. It rather makes you look weird, rather than cool. I remember a guy who had his ear pierced. No one went out with him till he had the ear-ring thing off. Though he thought it made him look "Macho". Or so he thought.

And of course, if all the pain you've gone through goes in waste...

I have my ear peirced three times, though. Spikes. And i have a girlfriend. o_o

I think i'm going to get my lip peirced. Thanks for the good advice. :)

Adonis
11-21-2007, 05:32 AM

NOOOO dont! stop dont get it, it IS bad, makes you look trashy, hard to find a job, people will think bad things about you, plus it hurts like a mo-fo

Bryce
11-21-2007, 05:49 AM

heh... ummm.. what good advice?
everyone that posted in this thread said that you shouldn't get your lip pierced, and most of us gave valid reasons why....

well, i have my opinion about this statement... but, umm.... i think i am going to keep it to myself...

just remember when you are getting that needle jabbed through your face that the pain won't stop there.... think about infection, your career, romantic opportunity, etc...

Jazza
11-21-2007, 08:00 AM
heh... ummm.. what good advice?
everyone that posted in this thread said that you shouldn't get your lip pierced, and most of us gave valid reasons why....

Yeah, that was MAINLY directed at the person who posted directly after my first post XP

Dragon_Master
11-21-2007, 12:28 PM
OK, Imagine this...

Some people think they look good with piercings in their 20s, but what will happen when you turn 40, or 50?
It looses it's coolness. [/12 year Old trying to sound smart]

Onion Knight
11-21-2007, 01:49 PM
Yeah, you should get it pierced. Just don't get your "little man" pierced, bevause that would hurt like crap and you would lose your girlfriend.:eek:

Finchy
11-21-2007, 03:09 PM
I recommend against it. My friend got it done, and she says as much as it isn't infected, it gets in the way and is surprisingly easy to catch on things. Instead, you can buy fake ones that look very realistic, so go for them I say ^^.

Loyal Arcanine
11-21-2007, 03:11 PM
Yeah, that was MAINLY directed at the person who posted directly after my first post XP
Well if you want to hear that it's your choice, why are you making a thread about it in the first place?

Anyway, I think they're ugly. I personally wouldn't do it.

miyoun
11-21-2007, 03:13 PM
I say no. It's one of the number 1 causes of mouth/tooth infection.
It's not actually.

My friends have lip piercings. <__<

I personally think if you want one, then get one. Only if your commited to take care of it. They look disgusting when they're infected.

I'd also say to wait until a decent age. (like my dad says to wait until 18 <__<)

TheEvilDookie
11-21-2007, 03:15 PM
I know this one emo kid who has one and i just think its gross. Well I think he's gross all around, but thats not the point. i dont really like em

Shozuka
11-21-2007, 10:20 PM
I have no idea if you did already but if you didn't, DON'T! It is unattractive and disgusting. You can get infected and some jobs might think different about you when they see a pierced lip.
Sorry, but NO

Seawolf
11-22-2007, 02:53 AM
it makes you look hardcore

No, it makes you look hideous.

I'd hate to think of how awful an infection would be. It's your choice, though.

Pink Leon
11-22-2007, 03:03 AM
you will get tetanus. HAHAHAHA
but really. well, thats just if its done unproffessionally, but
you probably wouldnt want to by yourself without clensing the
lip ring. a strange subject for a nerdy pokemon forum, though, right? lol
okay, im a nerd, but i dont look like one. i look like a rebel. hahaha

vedros
11-22-2007, 03:11 AM
you will get tetanus. HAHAHAHA
but really. well, thats just if its done unproffessionally, but
you probably wouldnt want to by yourself without clensing the
lip ring. a strange subject for a nerdy pokemon forum, though, right? lol
okay, im a nerd, but i dont look like one. i look like a rebel. hahaha

Number A: Pe2k is so not nerdy. You're nerdy.

Letter 2: Even if a piercing is done professionly, it can still get infected; you could be allergic, or soemtimes it just happens.

Numero III: You are about as rebellious as Neo (I kid).

EDIT: So this isn't spam- my opinion: some people wear lip rings well, and some people just look like big posers (and usually are). It's also very painful. I imagine it's like getting shot by several thousand Weedle guns.

RonRaygunX3
11-22-2007, 03:16 AM
It depends on what you want. Personally, I would never pierce my lip. I think it looks trashy/ disgusting and if you get one your going to have a hard time with people stereo-typically thinking that your a bad person because of your lip piercings. Jobs will be pretty hard to get too unless you want to work at a music store or something.

Fire Away
11-22-2007, 03:20 AM
If you want it, go for it.

Why are you asking a bunch of people on PE2K who haven't seen your face in real life anyways? It's a lot easier to say yes or no when we have an idea of how you look.

I actually like lip piercings for the most part.

Also - Lol@ a lip piercing interfering with job interviews/acquisition. Every friend I have who have lip piercings wear them to work.

Seawolf
11-22-2007, 03:24 AM
I think it looks trashy...

That's the word I was looking for earlier. Thanks.

Belly button piercings are worse, but I just don't find lip ones all that attractive.

Jazza
11-22-2007, 03:27 AM
That's the word I was looking for earlier. Thanks.

Belly button piercings are worse, but I just don't find lip ones all that attractive.

Well since you have the cutest little signature, i'll have to listen to you.

For the time being...

Seawolf
11-22-2007, 03:31 AM

For the time being...

Yes; my brainwashing is finally starting to take effect!

Fire Away
11-22-2007, 03:31 AM

For the time being...

You really shouldn't let your opinion be swayed by us. IMO just take care of it well and you're good to go.

Jazza
11-22-2007, 03:35 AM
Yes; my brainwashing is finally starting to take effect!

Indeed...brainwashing...

@Fire Away, you make a good point. But still...i'll wait until i'm 16, and THEN i'll see if i want one :D

Pink Leon
11-22-2007, 03:42 AM
Number A: Pe2k is so not nerdy. You're nerdy.

Letter 2: Even if a piercing is done professionly, it can still get infected; you could be allergic, or soemtimes it just happens.

Numero III: You are about as rebellious as Neo (I kid).

EDIT: So this isn't spam- my opinion: some people wear lip rings well, and some people just look like big posers (and usually are). It's also very painful. I imagine it's like getting shot by several thousand Weedle guns.

dont be afraid to face the truth. and when did i ever say it was spam?
you seriously need to chill. you cant judge someone if you dont even know them.
AS IN YOU DONT EVEN KNOW ME! so really. so butt-off and get back to your own life,
will ya!? >:[
dont reply. dont wanna hear from you.

spenny3
11-22-2007, 03:59 AM
I have my lip pierced and it actually doesnt hurt that much. If you really want to do it then do it. Dont ask for anyones approval:biggrin:

JentleViolence
11-22-2007, 05:40 AM

Well, if you have your ear pierced 3 times already then I'm pretty sure you look pretty ... hawt? If that doesn't seem like an awkward word in this position? xD

Oh, and ear piercings and lip piercings do look cool. My mom has them, but she never wears anything on them. You won't really see the piercings unless you have a sharp eye.

Oh, and if you really want it, go for it. If you don't, you're going to look back in your life and say, "Dang. I wish I got that pierce."

Your choice man. xD

sid
11-22-2007, 11:41 AM
It does depend a lot if it would suit you or not. Also depends if you want to get a ring, or stud.
I got it done, and I got it as a stud with the intention of getting a ring in. But I'm happy with how the stud looks. I'm thinking about getting another one bellow the one I have, so I have a double.

I'm 20 tho, so it depends on...
a) You think it would suit you.
b) If your elders would be ok with it.
c) If you can put up with the pain/annoying-ness (lol, not real word) of it for the first two weeks before you get used to it.
d) Do you really want it?

http://i203.photobucket.com/albums/aa320/teh_sid/tgtr.jpg
:redface:

pokemaster1111
11-22-2007, 07:09 PM
dont be afraid to face the truth. and when did i ever say it was spam?
you seriously need to chill. you cant judge someone if you dont even know them.
AS IN YOU DONT EVEN KNOW ME! so really. so butt-off and get back to your own life,
will ya!? >:[
dont reply. dont wanna hear from you.

Come on brah, let's not start anything up.

On topic:I suggest that you don't get your lip pierced. It'll look atrocious. Even though I don't know how you look, it won't look good. I've seen enough people with lip piercings to know that it's not a good idea. So it'll be wise of you to take our advices.

SHADOW SWORD
11-22-2007, 08:40 PM
I would totally say NO, do not get it. We have a apartment complex and like 20/50 units have people with lip piercings. Almost all of them wish they never got it. And just think if you ever got in a fight..... Its like taking candy from a baby... or in this case ripping metal off a person.

Light Manaphy
11-22-2007, 08:43 PM
I would totally say NO, do not get it. We have a apartment complex and like 20/50 units have people with lip piercings. Almost all of them wish they never got it. And just think if you ever got in a fight..... Its like taking candy from a baby... or in this case ripping metal off a person.

Like SHADOW SWORD said, if you get in a fight... you're in trouble.

My say is no.

Fire Away
11-22-2007, 09:46 PM
Come on brah, let's not start anything up.

On topic:I suggest that you don't get your lip pierced. It'll look atrocious. Even though I don't know how you look, it won't look good. I've seen enough people with lip piercings to know that it's not a good idea. So it'll be wise of you to take our advices.

Lmao, how can you know it'll look bad when you haven't even seen them?

Bryce
11-23-2007, 02:05 PM
You won't really see the piercings unless you have a sharp eye.

Then what is the point in getting one?
The basic reason for stabbing a hole in your face is so that people will see it, right? well, why would you want to endure all that pain just to have nobody notice it? =P

Btw, as i have said before, i am against it =/

Ataro
11-23-2007, 03:28 PM
@Pink Leon, as far as I know, PE2K is not that nerdy, there're some cool people around, you'll just have to hang out and talk to them, and you realize not 'retards' or 'childish' people come here, we just love it. Well, if IMO, I personally think this forum is great. :rolleyes:

Back on topic, Jazza has already made his stand, so why don't you guys just take a step back and let him decide. :tongue:

Dark Lightning
11-23-2007, 03:43 PM
It's all down to you (hey, it's your life), but I personally hate that kind of stuff. It doesn't look so cool, and it is a lot of old nonsense.

Llama Commando
11-23-2007, 06:42 PM
Like Dark Thunder said, it's your life. However I wouldn't. Personally I think it looks trashy and you'll regret it later.

Fire Away
11-23-2007, 06:59 PM
The basic reason for stabbing a hole in your face is so that people will see it, right? well, why would you want to endure all that pain just to have nobody notice it? =P

No, the point is is getting something you yourself thinks looks cool. It's not there to impress other people. If you're getting it for that reason, it's the wrong one.

JentleViolence
11-24-2007, 12:06 AM

Oh. I meant if you don't have anything on it. If you don't have any ring or stud on it or whatever, it just looks like you have a dot there.

That's just incase you got old and didn't like the pierce anymore. :P