PDA

View Full Version : A Little Too Inconvient?

vedros
11-21-2007, 03:00 AM
Some people believe that the documentry, "An Inconvient Truth" was too biased in the favour of the fact that global warming is a fact, and dangerous.

You don't need to actually see the movie to answer this poll, so don't worry.

This poll will close itself in ten days.

I chose the first option. Who can deny global warming? The evidence is shockingly apparent and obvious.

Master Aqua
11-21-2007, 07:22 AM
global warming dose exist and chin and the USA have most of the blame for it. Unlike other conrtys they did not choose to act as much on cutting down the ignitins. Gobal warming actually dose not nessearly mean its going to be warmer its could switch off current like the north atlantic drif and plung northe europe into an glacial period.

Fayt
11-21-2007, 08:00 AM
Global warming causes higher carbon dioxide levels, not the other way around. There has been global warming and cooling since the creation of the Earth. Temperatures during the Medieval era were recorded 1-3 degrees F more than today.

Here is an interesting report by 20/20:
http://www.globalwarming.org/node/1200

To end, here's something funny to think on... Al Gore's electricity bill was around $50,000 this year. Why is the Nobel Peace Prize winner using so much energy in the midst of an energy crisis?

Stubby Boardman
11-21-2007, 12:06 PM
the earths climate has changed before so how do u know this isnt one of those times its changing
i dont believe we're the direct cause of earth warming but just helping it along
the climate has changed in the past so from that i can predict that itll change again even if we(humans) werent here

Master Aqua
11-21-2007, 03:12 PM
we have caused some degree of change there is no denying that. En f not mc why tae the rs becuseof our selfishness

"Global warming causes higher carbon dioxide levels, not the other way around."- that is totally wrong people ignore that remark its simply not true but im sure you know that.

skiboydoggy
11-21-2007, 05:49 PM
CO2 aids in the decomposition of Ozone, or O3. It creates more heat, which helps create more CO2, which goes on and on and on.
It works both ways really.

Llama Commando
11-21-2007, 10:24 PM
Global Warming is a fact that we must face. If we don't, it will destroy our planet. Grr... people who don't care annoy me.

vedros
11-22-2007, 05:12 AM
Global Warming is a fact that we must face. If we don't, it will destroy our planet. Grr... people who don't care annoy me.

Apathy: nothing to lawl at. (Lawl)

Maybe climate change is natural, but not at such a drastic and dramatic rate, with such catastrophic implications. How can anyone believe that we don't at all assist the slow death of Earth?

MagmarMan
11-23-2007, 02:11 PM
I think that there's Global Warming, no doubt about it. I will look at other opinions but I haven't been able to see something that makes much since.

Charbok
11-23-2007, 02:53 PM
Global warming causes higher carbon dioxide levels, not the other way around. There has been global warming and cooling since the creation of the Earth. Temperatures during the Medieval era were recorded 1-3 degrees F more than today.

Here is an interesting report by 20/20:
http://www.globalwarming.org/node/1200

To end, here's something funny to think on... Al Gore's electricity bill was around $50,000 this year. Why is the Nobel Peace Prize winner using so much energy in the midst of an energy crisis?

There are many different kinds of energy, and some cost more than others.
Maybe he was using a safer form of energy that was more expensive?

we have caused some degree of change there is no denying that. En f not mc why tae the rs becuseof our selfishness

"Global warming causes higher carbon dioxide levels, not the other way around."- that is totally wrong people ignore that remark its simply not true but im sure you know that.

Is your keyboard okay?

Master Aqua
11-23-2007, 03:08 PM
CO2 aids in the decomposition of Ozone, or O3. It creates more heat, which helps create more CO2, which goes on and on and on.
It works both ways really.

Golbal warming and the onzone layer have nothing to do with eachother at.

Carbon dioxide is a green house gas in wich traps infared radiation -radited by the eath- in the atmoshpere.

The reason it is called the green house effect is because in a green house enegry from the sun is changed into long wave energy in the green house this gets traped in the green house becauce it reflects off the glass and therefore is traped in the green house warming it up.

I know this because i got a hgihweer A for atmoshere in higher geography

Answer to charboks question= my keyboard is in really bad shape

Team Pokemon
11-23-2007, 04:45 PM
Global warming is real. Even if it isn't, we should reduce the emissions because they cause many other problems too.

vedros
11-24-2007, 01:29 AM
Global warming is real. Even if it isn't, we should reduce the emissions because they cause many other problems too.

That brief comment is probably the best I've heard, ever.

Bryce
11-24-2007, 02:09 AM
you people are full of it =/

Erm, try opening up a book for once and you would see that climate changes have happened DOZENS of times throughout history, and they will continue to happen after we are gone...

How do you think that the ice melted after the Ice Age? It is just a continuing cycle, and humans have no control over it, so just go with the flow =/

killanotha1
11-24-2007, 04:46 AM

Erm, try opening up a book for once and you would see that climate changes have happened DOZENS of times throughout history, and they will continue to happen after we are gone...

How do you think that the ice melted after the Ice Age? It is just a continuing cycle, and humans have no control over it, so just go with the flow =/

Obviously the trend in temperature increase is increasing (did that make sense?). Grr. What I meant was yes there is (and will be) a increase and decrease cycle in the core temperature of the earth but as compared to what occurred during the ice age this increase if far to dramatic.

And besides, even if this increase in core temperature was based solely on preexisting conditions people cannot "go with the flow". We've already over populated the earth. By just "going with the flow" and letting the population soar with the predicted loss of coastal land we'll be "flowing" out in the ocean.

Why don't you try opening up a book and seeing that a lot of species died by "going with the flow" during the ice age. and since I doubt people are going to say "oh well lets just die then :D", "going with the flow" = not the best option.

Master Aqua
11-24-2007, 07:48 AM

I think you may be one of those people that just do not want to change duh thats it isnt it !
just look at what small things humans have done to change an evriroment completly look at the rainforet

deforetation=desert
and thats just by cutting down trees that you change from a rainfort into a desert

oh do not forget species extinction !

even if global warming is not true why take the risk Duh !

Even cows cause golobal warming -weird huh- basically they produce a lot of methane as weel as rice patys.

It just gose to show how these green house gases can come from some pretty wierd scorces.