PDA

View Full Version : [W]ii vs. [X]box 360 vs. [P]S3]

pokemaster1111
11-21-2007, 07:09 PM
Wii vs. Xbox 360 vs. PS3...Which would you decide on getting?
I personally would go with the Wii due to it having certain games that appeals to many.

Rules:

1)Do not start any arguments or anything of the sort.

2)Don't criticize anyone for their thoughts and/or opinion.

3)Follow rules 1 and 2.

If things get wild, then a mod will be contacted immediately..

...Have a good day!

TheEvilDookie
11-21-2007, 07:12 PM
Noooo not one of these again... Last time there was a thread like this, there were fights everywhere as I recall....

Wii

Freddy Fro
11-21-2007, 07:13 PM
Oh, come on, is it even worth me typing!?

I mean who doesn't know that the Wii60 team PWNs all!

Wii60 FTW! :D

Fro~

PS: PS3 Sucks

pokemaster1111
11-21-2007, 07:16 PM
Noooo not one of these again... Last time there was a thread like this, there were fights everywhere as I recall....

Wii
Wait, there was another one like this? Well, on the first post I'll add in rules and the works.

Fro~

Lol, PS3 isn't that bad. But still, this is the order I have for them:

1)Wii
2)Xbox 360
3)PS3

Tamer Marco
11-21-2007, 07:19 PM
olol, as soon as I look at pe2k, this comes up.

This is a NINTENDO forum, with NINTENDOPHILES. The Wii will be the favorite for anything.

And most Nintendophiles hate Sony because it took every non-Nintendo exclusive the Gamecube and N64 ever had, especially Final Fantasy. That makes me lul.

PS: The PS3 is pretty much for people with jobs, or for those who haven't had their welfare check cashed yet.

SuperT
11-21-2007, 07:46 PM

Wii

Plus this is the wrong board I think.

Wait, there was another one like this? Well, on the first post I'll add in rules and the works.

Lol, PS3 isn't that bad. But still, this is the order I have for them:

1)Wii
2)Xbox 360
3)PS3

My order is this.

1)Wii
2)PS3
3)Xbox 360

I would with Wii. PS3, I don't think it's worth. Xbox 360, I really dislike it.

Trainer of Shadows
11-21-2007, 08:16 PM
Ugh.
I actually bought the PS3, my brother bought the Wii, and I got the Xbox 360 for my birthday.
So, i can give you a good report on all.
Here's my opinions on each.

Wii - The controls are fun and all, but the graphics suck. It gets a little old, and the games arent amazing. I suggest it for people who arent hardcore for video games, and just want to have some fun. I've heard online is very complicated and annoying.

PS3 - Great graphics. The RPG capabilities of it are great. I suggest it for hardcore gamers, with a craving for RPG's, etc. Online isnt great, but again, the graphics are phenomenal.

Xbox 360 - Online is amazing. Live is a great thing, and with the famous Halo 3 to go with it, its great. Graphics are great too. I suggest this for people who want to play online all the time and have some fun there.

There is no "best". Each one is good for different things, and it all depends on what you like in a system. I personally like Xbox and PS3 the best. But thats just me.
Hopefully this helps.

~ToS~

skiboydoggy
11-21-2007, 08:16 PM
For me?
1) Xbox 360
2) PS3

Somewhere Over The Rainbow Participating In Some Other Contest Against Arcade Machines) Wii

Kecleonfan666
11-21-2007, 08:39 PM
Ugh.
I actually bought the PS3, my brother bought the Wii, and I got the Xbox 360 for my birthday.
So, i can give you a good report on all.
Here's my opinions on each.

Wii - The controls are fun and all, but the graphics suck. It gets a little old, and the games arent amazing. I suggest it for people who arent hardcore for video games, and just want to have some fun. I've heard online is very complicated and annoying.

PS3 - Great graphics. The RPG capabilities of it are great. I suggest it for hardcore gamers, with a craving for RPG's, etc. Online isnt great, but again, the graphics are phenomenal.

Xbox 360 - Online is amazing. Live is a great thing, and with the famous Halo 3 to go with it, its great. Graphics are great too. I suggest this for people who want to play online all the time and have some fun there.

There is no "best". Each one is good for different things, and it all depends on what you like in a system. I personally like Xbox and PS3 the best. But thats just me.
Hopefully this helps.

~ToS~

Word of god.

XBox 360, but I probably only say that because I only own that, but yeah, XBox and Wii have their exclusives, but there both pretty good. PS3 is complete waste of money in my opinion. Not enough games. :/

Linoone
11-21-2007, 08:44 PM

Fro~

The Wii60 ftw. It rocks. DID you know they came out with the new Wii60 called the WiiS360! It also pwns.

Note: WiiS 360 stands for Wii Station 360.

I like them in this order:

1) WiiS 360
2) Wii60
3) Wii
4) Xbox 360
5) PS3

Kenny_C.002
11-22-2007, 12:53 AM
I present you my ranking:

1. Wii, Xbox360, PS3

End of story. I have to get all three eventually anyway.

Kecleonfan666
11-22-2007, 01:19 AM

1. Wii, Xbox360, PS3

End of story. I have to get all three eventually anyway.

Do yourself a huge favor and don't get the PS3, trust me, 400 down the drain all for just an upgraded graphics of a PS2, there's barely any PS3 exclusive games that are actually good out there .:P

Charbok
11-22-2007, 02:31 AM
My order is this.

1)Wii
2)PS3
3)Xbox 360

The 360 is far better than the PS3, that much is proven.
PS3 has graphics, crappy online, crappy games, no exclusive decents, and it's overpriced.

"the graphics suck. It gets a little old, and the games arent amazing. I suggest it for people who arent hardcore for video games, and just want to have some fun. I've heard online is very complicated and annoying.

For me?
1) Xbox 360
2) PS3

Somewhere Over The Rainbow Participating In Some Other Contest Against Arcade Machines) Wii"

For the posts in the quotes:

Boring essentials such as price ($250) and release date (8th of December), are irrelevant, but this post will also include more elaborate nuggets of information which, when put together, make the Wii look like the best piece of home entertainment hardware ever released.

Letís look at this in more detail. First of all, the size of the console - this thing is tiny. Its largest dimension in any direction is less than 22cm, which basically means you could hide it behind a piece of A4 paper. Secondly, the control system is completely revolutionary (pardon the pun.) This isnít a gimmicky add-on or an optional extra; itís an entirely new way to play games. Whilst the obvious uses have already been leapt on (swordfighting, tennis) in time developers will come up with all kinds of bizarre and ingenious uses for the Wiimote - and because itís so naturally intuitive, it will lead the way towards ever more absorbing gaming experiences.

But still, this is all just so much faff. The real reason why this console will be the best one ever made is the fact that itís Nintendo. Nintendo are the only company in gaming who can release games which are essentially updated versions of their previous games, yet still make them completely unmissable. Check out any Ďgreatest games of all timeí list you like and youíll undoubtedly find Super Mario Brothers, Super Mario Brothers 3, Super Mario World and Mario 64 on there. Yup, all four of them. Because the gameplay dynamic has been improved every single time without sacrificing the playability of the game - hell, most of the time the playability has been increased.

Factor in the other first party titles like Super Smash Brothers Brawl (the sequel to the most fun multiplayer game of all time) and Twilight Princess, as well as the new avenues open to enterprising third party developers, and weíve really got the ball rolling. Thereís even a classic control pad for those die-hard skeptics, which will allow ports of multi-console games which canít utilize the Wiimote to transfer across - or if you prefer, you can plug an old-fashioned Gamecube control pad in as well (as well as Gamecube memory cards).

This is just as well, because the Wii is backwards-compatible with the Gamecube. Thatís right, you can stick your old Gamecube discs in there and play them just like you used to. But this backwards compatibility goes even further than that - you can play Nintendo 64 games on the Wii. You can play SNES games on the Wii. ****, you can play NES games on the Wii. Nintendo realized that things would get a bit confusing if they had to add ports on their state-of-the-art machine for twenty year old cartridges, so in a move of genius they created the Virtual Console. This concept takes the idea of gaming emulation to its literal and legal conclusion - much like iTunes has done for mp3 downloading. What it basically amounts to is that you can download pretty much any classic game from your childhood, and using a Gamecube controller or a Classic Wii pad, play it on your TV like itís 1993. It even includes Megadrive games, thanks to SEGA pulling out of the console market several years ago and allying with Nintendo. Sonic The Hedgehog? Yes please.

So of course to use the Virtual Console you need to go onto the Internet. So, in accordance, Nintendo have created a costly Ďpay per minuteí online system whereby you buy an account and then use your minutes as you wish. No, waitÖ that idea sucks. Nintendo clearly realized that too, which is why what theyíre actually doing is enabling the Wii to use your current home Internet connection, at no extra cost to your monthly bill. The same connection youíre using to read this is the one youíll be plugging your Wii into - and if youíre on an unlimited access broadband account (which currently costs from around £15 - £35 a month, depending on your speed) that means that you can use your Wii whenever you like, as much as you like. Itís all wireless of course, so assuming you have a router already then you really donít need to do anything at all - the Wii is essentially plug and play :biggrin:

Youíll need this Internet connection of course, because youíll be using your Wii to surf the web. Or not, if you donít want to - but itís nice to know that you can. What might be more useful are the Wii Channels. You can check out a local weather report, or catch up on all the important news of the day. These little touches are completely unnecessary, but the fact that theyíre there all the same is great. You wonít even have to turn on your PC to see if your favorite site has been updated before getting into a Mario Kart session.

Oh, yeah - the games. See, a lot of them are online too, obviously, which enables you to play the most addictive multiplayer games of all time (Mario Kart and Smash Bros.) a lot more often than usual - because really, organizing a four-player multiplayer in real life is a pain in the ass, and you need to own four control pads. You can even make your own little ĎNintavatarí which is the same kind of thing as an MSN profile, which is stored on your Wiimote in case you go to a friendís house for a game.

Speaking of games, Wii also has the best selection of games.
Let's take a look:
Twilight Princess
Super Mario Galaxy
Resident Evil: Umbrella Chronicles
Guitar Hero 3
Medal of Honor Heroes 2
Metroid Prime 3: Corruption
Rayman Raving Rabbids
Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn
Lego Star Wars: The Complete Sagas
Super Paper Mario
Resident Evil 4
Madden 2008
DragonBall Z: Budokai Tenkaichi 3
Zack and Wiki: Quest for Barbaros Treasure
Mario Kart Wii
Super Smash Bros. Brawl
House of the Dead 2&3 Return
Wii Fit
NiGHTS: Journey of Dreams
No More Heroes
Disaster: Day of Crisis
Okami Wii
Endless Ocean
Wii Music

And those are just the great games.
Argue all you want, but it looks to me like Wii is the best.
BUT WAIT!
That's not all!

The Wii also has tons of other channels that you can screw around on such as the:
Everybody Votes Channel
News Channel
Forecast Channel
Check Mii Out Channel
Internet Channel

Plus! The newly announced:
WiiWare Channel, which is alot like XBOX live arcade, but with brand new games rather than old games, and WiiMote using remakes of old games.

And...

The Nintendo Channel for All!
A game information channel which is similar to kiosks in retail outlets.
The channel will let you view videos and commercials of Wii games, and, better yet, allow you to download software for the DS (Similar to DS Download Stations). The Channel also has the ability to keep track of games you play and provide information on other titles you may enjoy. Plus it lets you vote on games to recommend them to others.

SuperT
11-22-2007, 03:04 AM
Do yourself a huge favor and don't get the PS3, trust me, 400 down the drain all for just an upgraded graphics of a PS2, there's barely any PS3 exclusive games that are actually good out there .:P

I thought it was 500-600 dollars

The 360 is far better than the PS3, that much is proven.
PS3 has graphics, crappy online, crappy games, no exclusive decents, and it's overpriced.

I really hated them both Xbox 360 & PS3. Here a few sentences I got to say.

PS3: I go with you with the over price thing & it has no good games on it.

Xbox 360: I hate Xbox. There is just to many rated M games on it. I can not stand that. Plus, I don't like the Rated T games too. Even I played The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess. I'm really more of a Rated E game playing person.

Okay. The PS3 was only on sentence.

Seawolf
11-22-2007, 03:29 AM

1. Wii, Xbox360, PS3

I agree with this, even though I currently don't own a Wii. The PS3 has a lot of potential, but it's not being taken advantage of right now. It also needs more games besides Resistance. =/

Fire Away
11-22-2007, 03:38 AM
For me, the first place is the Wii, with my 360 in second and PS3 trailing slightly behind.

I like all of these consoles and they all have things that appeal to me, but right now, the Wii wins in innovation, the 360 in library of games, and the PS3 in...Tekken 6. >_>

Pink Leon
11-22-2007, 04:13 PM
i have a wii. i prefer the wii, but it isnt as good as the original nintendo
game systems, in my opinion. this is because of the games it has.
there are no more good original, uniqe games for it like there are for the
other systems nintendo wise. :ermm:

skiboydoggy
11-22-2007, 04:25 PM
Like I said, the Wii is far closer to an arcade machine a la Time Crisis than the more traditional gaming consoles we are familiar with today.

The Wii sells better, and the game library is pretty awesome, but I'm quite beyond skeptical on the exercise bit of it.

The 360 is weaker, but is cheaper (about half the price if you're talking about the Normal, Core, or Pro, and still cheaper on the Elite versions,) and has a far better game library, and it appears that it will continue this way for quite some time. More than that, the gap is likely to increase, as Microsoft is definitely not going to get any poorer.

The PS3 is incredibly powerful, and will likely last a lot longer before any major updates are needed on the consoles themselves. However, the game list sucks compared to the Xbox 360. Of course, it is still better than the 'console' styled Nintendo game list, but that's not what the Wii is about anyway.

Fire Away
11-23-2007, 01:35 AM
i have a wii. i prefer the wii, but it isnt as good as the original nintendo
game systems, in my opinion. this is because of the games it has.
there are no more good original, uniqe games for it like there are for the
other systems nintendo wise. :ermm:

What? You can say a lot of things about the Wii and some of them may indeed be true, but saying the Wii has no 'original' titles is a strange statement. WarioWare says hi.

Charbok
11-23-2007, 02:58 AM
What? You can say a lot of things about the Wii and some of them may indeed be true, but saying the Wii has no 'original' titles is a strange statement. WarioWare says hi.

Now now FA, maybe he means "new franchises".

In that sense, he's kind of right.
But you could say that about any system.

Orthar
11-23-2007, 01:59 PM
It all depends on what kind of games you play. I bought a Wii because I wanted to try something new and innovative, but for me after a couple of months the lack of graphics and well built controls is getting to me and I am aching for a 360. I would want a PS3 too if the money came my way. All three are great systems, but with different purposes.

Wii-Good gameplay.

XBOX 360- Astounding visuals

PS3- Crisp Blu-Ray quality images with a good game library coming up.

I wouldn't say if any of them are "better" than the other ones.

Trainer of Shadows
11-26-2007, 01:26 AM
This discussion is like asking what pie is the best.
There will never be any final answer.
Its all about opinion, each console is different.
I explained the pros/cons of each earlier, and it just depends on
what you like in a console.
The debate is pointless, in my mind.

~ToS~

Fire Away
11-26-2007, 01:36 AM
This discussion is like asking what pie is the best.
There will never be any final answer.
Its all about opinion, each console is different.
I explained the pros/cons of each earlier, and it just depends on
what you like in a console.
The debate is pointless, in my mind.

~ToS~

This isn't really a debate, more of a consensus on which console each individual might prefer. It's more of a discussion than a debate IMO.

RonRaygunX3
11-26-2007, 01:41 AM
I would have to say overall I like wii the best, but Xbox360 is a close second because of Halo3.

PS3 is ok but I would never buy it. I mean c'mon. 600$?

skate4242
11-26-2007, 01:41 AM
i like the wii but 360 is mad nastey i have a wii but there arent very good games out i want a really really good game to come out

RonRaygunX3
11-26-2007, 01:50 AM
i like the wii but 360 is mad nastey i have a wii but there arent very good games out i want a really really good game to come out There are some good titles for the wii like Guitar Hero 3, Super Mario Galaxy, Legend o' Zelda Twilight Princess, Guilty Gear, ect.

Also Super Smash Brothers Brawl is going to be coming out in February which is going to be really awesome( one of the maine reasons I bought a wii).

Clutch
11-26-2007, 01:51 AM
1. Xbox 360
2. Wii AND Playstation 3

Why?

The Xbox 360 is the system with the best games, arguably the best visuals, the best online play, and for a decent price, depending on which type you want. Haven't gotten tired of mine yet.

Problem is, I can't say too much about the PS3, considering I don't have one. But, its system exclusives have gotten great reviews, and the ones that haven't come out yet look great. So I'll put it right behind the 360.

Alrighty, for the Wii... I've gotten sick of it, and I mean SICK of it. I'm tired of Wii Sports, I'm tired of it's quirky controls, and I'm tired of it's lame visuals. The only thing that can save it, are it's upcoming games, and Super Mario Galaxy of course. Maybe this holiday season it's THIRD-PARTY SUPPORT will help it. Doubt it.

And, just to add some more text, I'll list my favorite games for each, and also the games I'm excited about that haven't come out yet.

My favorites for the 360 so far:
- Halo 3 (Yeah, it was overhyped. Yeah, it's overrated, but, hell, it's fun.)
- Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare
- Assassin's Creed
- Mass Effect
- The Orange Box (The best deal in video game history.)
- skate.
- Madden 08 (The best one I've played yet.)
- Rainbow Six: Vegas
- Gears of War (My favorite pick up and play game.)
- Oblivion (You'll be playing that game for a long time.)
- Rock Band

The upcoming 360 games that look good:
- Midnight Club 4: Los Angeles
- Grand Theft Auto 4
( There's more, gimme' some time. :P )

My favorites for the Wii so far:
- The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess (durr.)
- Super Mario Galaxy (And to think, I thought it would fail. Stupid me.)
- Metroid Prime 3: Corruption
- Wii Sports

The upcoming Wii games that look good:
- Super Smash Bros.: Brawl!
- Disaster: Day of Crisis
(I know there's more, but I can't think of any others at the moment. :tongue:)

I don't have a PS3, but these look great:
- Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots (My favorites series... ever.)
- Ratchet & Clank Future: Tools of Destruction
- Resistance: Fall of Man
- MotorStorm
- Uncharted: Drake's Fortune
- Haze
- F1
- Gran Turismo 5
- Heavenly Sword
- Killzone 2
- Warhawk

In my opinion, this is how it's going to end up.
1. Xbox 360
2. Playstation 3
3. Wii

The 360 has a good steady pace, with Xbox Live, and it's great games. The PS3 it's making a run to the top with its new deals and system exclusives. The Wii's just going to fail. No third-party support, no new great games, and everyone that's going to want one, will have one before the end of next year's holiday season.

That's my opinion. :cool:

Hoshika
11-26-2007, 01:55 AM
I like the Wii due to a Mario, Zelda, and Pokémon bias. What's your reason? :D

1. I am a Nintendo purist because I find less violent games are more out there in that company's first party junk. ^^;
2. It was CHEEEEEP. Er. Cheaper.
3. SUPER SMASH BROTHERS... BRAAAAAAAAAAAAAWLLLL!!

So, in general, I'm just a Nintendo fan that can't afford/doesn't want/dislikes the games of other consoles.

@Raygun: Give respect to Zelda. Type out the of. >:0

Charbok
11-26-2007, 03:43 AM
*Really long post*

Did you even read my previous post?

Clutch
11-26-2007, 10:46 PM
Did you even read my previous post?

No, I didn't know I had to. I was just expressing my opinion.

Espeon EX
11-26-2007, 10:57 PM
My Rankings:
1.)Wii
2.)Xbox360
3.)PS3

WII-Well, this is a new system I play the most out of the 3. The Wii has mostly Nintendo Games which I prefer. I chose this to be #1 in my opinion because of games like SMS charged, SM Galaxy (don't know if it's released yet), SSBB(coming out in February), Super Paper Mario, PBR, Wii Sports, Mario Kart Wii, Guitar Hero III, and much much more games sponsored by Nintendo.

Xbox360-Best shooting games out of the 3!! Gears of War, Halo III, Call of Duty IIII(not sure if it came out yet), and Oblivion. Plus Guitar Hero III and an upcoming game, Grand theft Auto IIII. I don't play it much, because the Xbox360 belongs to my brother. That doesn't mean I never played one, It means I've only played it, but not much.

PS3-I've played this System once. Which was at Game stop. It had a good start, but i never got into a few of the starting games that were out when the PS3 came out. I chose this to be last in my opinion because I only played this once, it has the best graphics and all, but come on. I'd have to play it more than that for it to get a better rank on my list. This system is sponsored by Sony.

Charbok
11-26-2007, 10:58 PM
No, I didn't know I had to. I was just expressing my opinion.

Oh I'm sorry, I just take pleasure in the fact that you're wrong.

Clutch
11-26-2007, 11:10 PM
Oh I'm sorry, I just take pleasure in the fact that you're wrong.

Says the Nintendo fanboy.

Bulletangel
11-27-2007, 12:33 AM
Pretty much what we have here is a very biased poll, becuase majority of people on this forum are children. And to be perfectly honest with you all, the Wii is a children's thing.

I have played all three. In grading of how long i lasted on them, i will rank them.

Im a 17 year old girl. I have a job, and just finished school. I wanted to find something that could consume my time and boredom. So I played with the newest gen of systems.

This is how it went:

1: Wii 5/10

I played around with it. Threw things, raced things, caught things. It entertained me, bright colours, flashing lights. But as soon as i picked up that Wii control i knew that this was specifically designed for kids. Thus the simpleton price range, perhaps not a tactic, but a grasp for a cheaper console that isnt ridiculously overpriced. Still. Maybe the measly amount is all the Wii was worth.

In the end, i was bored after an hour. No thank you Wii, you're not coming home with me tonight.

Judgement: Hey mum's and dad's, why not buy a Wii to keep the kids out of your hair? After all, thats pretty much it's only use. Who wants to watch TV when you can do it through your own at no extra price. And im sure people who bought a Wii already have a suitable internet connection. If not, its time to start looking where your priorities arise.

2: Xbox360 9/10

As soon as i sat down and inserted the Halo 3 game i knew this was going to be something i would enjoy for hours. From the consistancy of the previous games on the Xbox console, it had me in suspense for the next installmentof the widely renown Halo game. Played through campaign with amazing graphics, then sat myself down for another four hours of online fun with people from all over the world, screaming and telling sex jokes through their microphones. Majority of the jokes werent funny, but when heard through the lips of master chief, maybe a little more so.

In the end, me and my brother played for hours apon hours. We played with old freinds on the other side of the country that we hadnt seen for ages, an it was amazing to see how far tecnology had advanced for us to be able to do that. The controls batteries lasted for days. Great games, great times.

Judgement: For the teen bracket. Many younger kids were shunned on Live, because the games involved were simply too complex for kids to understand. Teenagers to young adults will enjoy this console. Not the kiddy pops so much. Still there are some who dare to venture there.

3: Ps3 7/10

The sleek blue light. The sexy black design. This has high class written all over it. You would be more liable to see one of these in a penthouse with a massive stereo system and projector hooked up to it than in a little kiddywinks bedroom with toys surrounding it. It has more functions than just a gaming console, and thats why its being shunned by so many that post here. Remember, we're talking about a multipurpose system that still has so much more potential to be unlocked. Blu-ray. The higest quality for games to preform at their best. And the ability to store files etc.

Its the buisnessman's toy. Adults dont want to play games all the time. They want to watch movies and relax. Pretty much, here we have three seperate consoles for three seperate ages.

Judgement: Big boy's toy.

Now just because ive said this, i dont want people crying about how 'iIm 18 but I still like the Wii the best' or 'Im 14 and i play on Xbox Live all the time'. Its just what ive observed, relax.

Its not the end of the world.

IBeatRyan
11-27-2007, 01:25 AM
Now why do people still intend to make a thread like this?
Now Yes im a Nintendo Fanboy and proud of it.but when a thread like this comes along people just get pissed so please just stop.
But i will say Wii is #1 cause it had the balls to change gaming,when $ony[fony] or microsoft did not. So everyone can continue to flame everyone,but when it gets right down to it yall are all fanboys/fangirls of some sort.

Bulletangel
11-27-2007, 01:41 AM
Now why do people still intend to make a thread like this?
Now Yes im a Nintendo Fanboy and proud of it.but when a thread like this comes along people just get pissed so please just stop.
But i will say Wii is #1 cause it had the balls to change gaming,when $ony[fony] or microsoft did not. So everyone can continue to flame everyone,but when it gets right down to it yall are all fanboys/fangirls of some sort.
And its angry threats like that which fuel people to get mad. Just keep your unfair words to yourslef and this can be a nice dicussion thread.

IBeatRyan
11-27-2007, 01:49 AM
And its angry threats like that which fuel people to get mad. Just keep your unfair words to yourslef and this can be a nice dicussion thread.

No! these people need to learn, I dont want to be mean or hurt someones Feelings But i just cant stand these threads,Just cause people dont think sometimes. Now I could careless if someone likes Something else besides Nintendo But just TRY not to be tooooo Extreme.[but im Guilty of doing that myself,sometimes]

Bulletangel
11-27-2007, 01:50 AM
No! these people need to learn, I dont want to be mean or hurt someones Feelings But i just cant stand these threads,Just cause people dont think sometimes. Now I could careless if someone likes Something else besides Nintendo But just TRY not to be tooooo Extreme.[but im Guilty of doing that myself,sometimes]
Yeah, thats fine. But its being off topic when you complain about, it and it just gets people mad. If you hate these threads, just avoid them.

Im sure then you wont upset anyone =)

IBeatRyan
11-27-2007, 01:58 AM
Yeah, thats fine. But its being off topic when you complain about, it and it just gets people mad. If you hate these threads, just avoid them.

Im sure then you wont upset anyone =)

I try not to go to these threads,but somepeople just need to think before they post,im shure you've seen that before.Now yes ive let my fanboy get the best of me everyone does sometimes. Noone can post things about other systems without a fight breaking out its kinda sad.

Barret
11-27-2007, 03:56 AM
I have four words to type quick...

Console wars are dumb.

Now that I've said that, I can say that I like all the consoles, and they all have their advantages and disadvantages. :]

Hypocrisy is Fun
11-27-2007, 03:59 AM
I have four words to type quick...

Console wars are dumb.

Now that I've said that, I can say that I like all the consoles, and they all have their advantages and disadvantages. :]

I wish posts like that worked.

Next thing you know theres a poll asking, "Which system has more advantages than disadvantages?" :[

IBeatRyan
11-27-2007, 04:13 AM
I wish posts like that worked.

Next thing you know theres a poll asking, "Which system has more advantages than disadvantages?" :[

Same Here but sadly that wont happen.

Bulletangel
11-27-2007, 04:16 AM
Same Here but sadly that wont happen.
Just let people argue about it, if it tickles their fancy. Have your input, if you want, and thats all you need to do. Anyone that contradicts your opinion isnt wort the time and effort.

Its not a battle, just an opinion thread. Have your opinion, and leave =) Helps avoid conflict.

Let the kids have their argument. If it gets too out of hand, a Mod will defnately lock it.

IBeatRyan
11-27-2007, 04:18 AM
Just let people argue about it, if it tickles their fancy. Have your input, if you want, and thats all you need to do. Anyone that contradicts your opinion isnt wort the time and effort.

Its not a battle, just an opinion thread. Have your opinion, and leave =) Helps avoid conflict.

Let the kids have their argument. If it gets too out of hand, a Mod will defnately lock it.

Your right ill let them think what they want,It IS there own Opinion.

Charbok
11-27-2007, 12:44 PM
Says the Nintendo fanboy.

Aren't wii all a fanboy of something?

360 fanboy.

Larvinator
11-27-2007, 01:40 PM
Problem with my opinion is that my mom is trained to raise her back and hiss at the words "M for Mature." As the PS3 and 360 thrive on these violent games (Halo, anyone?), I can't really give my opinion on it until my mom lightens up a tad.

Meanwhile, say what you will about 3rd-party support, but Nintendo has excelled much more so than Sony and Microsoft at first-party titles. Mario, Zelda, Kirby, and Metroid VS Halo? Sorry, not much of a contest there. And that's not even the full list of them. There's SSBB, the only fighter I can enjoy (and that's saying something!). Did I mention we're getting Okami for the Wii?

When the DS came out, people were quick to poke fun at its "gimmicky" touch screen. Sure, it was rough sailing at first. But developers finally started getting the hang of it. Phantom Hourglass is the shining example for what things were supposed to be. I was baffled because I had overlooked a feature, like shouting into the mic to stun enemies with large ears so you could kill them, or (this is one of my favorites) shutting the DS to transfer a mark on a wall in a temple to your Sea Chart.

I have faith that the Wii will walk the same path, the gimmicky games declining while great games begin to use the features in ways that are fun. Twilight Princess did it. Mario most likely will do it. Other developers need to jump on the bandwagon!

SiberianTiger
12-03-2007, 08:41 PM
If I wanted to listen to fanboys rant all the time I'd go to gamespot.

Honestly, very few of you and I mean very few of you provide any evidence to support your arguement. It's all based on what you think, and while to an extent for some of you that is enough but most of the replies here is sorely based off the fact you like one company more than another.

Group up and leave me to my video games people.

~Isaiah

Llama Commando
12-03-2007, 08:55 PM
I must say that I like the 360 the most right now. Halo is beastly and it is perfect for all other shooters. Wii is pretty fun... but the games get boring after a while. PS3 overheats and is way too expensive, so it is on the bottom of my list right now.

Charbok
12-03-2007, 08:56 PM
1: Wii 5/10

I played around with it. Threw things, raced things, caught things. It entertained me, bright colours, flashing lights. But as soon as i picked up that Wii control i knew that this was specifically designed for kids. Thus the simpleton price range, perhaps not a tactic, but a grasp for a cheaper console that isnt ridiculously overpriced. Still. Maybe the measly amount is all the Wii was worth.

In the end, i was bored after an hour. No thank you Wii, you're not coming home with me tonight.

Judgement: Hey mum's and dad's, why not buy a Wii to keep the kids out of your hair? After all, thats pretty much it's only use. Who wants to watch TV when you can do it through your own at no extra price. And im sure people who bought a Wii already have a suitable internet connection. If not, its time to start looking where your priorities arise.

Here's the problem with your post:
this was specifically designed for kids.

It was designed for everyone and that is what it accomplished.
Kids, Gramdma's, Hardcore Nintendo Fans, Gamers and Parents alike.

You claim that it is simple, and just easy to play and I can also assume that you think it has no hardcore games.

Let me enlighten you:

Wii's Best Shooters:
Metroid Prime 3

Nintendo Power Says:
"The stunning visuals and immersive gameplay of the finale to the Prime series proves that the Wii is ready for the mainstream gamer."

Game Informer Says:
"Corruption isn’t just the best-looking Wii game to date; it’s the best Metroid Prime game period."

IGN Says:
"Not only do the new controls respond quicker and with more precision than any dual-analog-helmed FPS ever created, but the gesture system works brilliantly, too."

See that statement from IGN? Better than any analog stick shooter ever.

Medal of Honor Heroes 2

IGN Says:
"the end result is the best controlling shooter on the system, Prime 3 included."

Hmmm... Didn't they just say that Prime 3 had the best FPS controls of any FPS ever? Now wii is surpassing even that?

I'd continue, but my sister wants the computer... :susp:

Ultima Boss
12-03-2007, 11:10 PM
I have to get all three eventually anyway.
Good luck getting those without the use of emulation, unless you know of stores with super discounts and/or by foreign means.

The PS3 has a lot of potential, but it's not being taken advantage of right now. It also needs more games besides Resistance.
Well said, summarizing what I think of the PS3.

Problem with my opinion is that my mom is trained to raise her back and hiss at the words "M for Mature."
I'm sure it's all within good intention, doing her job as a parent and all.

As the PS3 and 360 thrive on these violent games (Halo, anyone?), I can't really give my opinion on it until my mom lightens up a tad.
You could always go to a friend's house and play 'em?

When the DS came out, people were quick to poke fun at its "gimmicky" touch screen.
It's only to be expected when something new is introduced to a particular industry that's all ready used in another. Of course, as you said, it takes time and experience with it to truly shine.

If I wanted to listen to fanboys rant all the time I'd go to Gamespot.
So true, especially the reviewers and the games reviewed. Maybe they're too busy playing more well-known titles before rating games like FFXII: RW?

Group up and leave me to my video games people.
I think you mean "grow up", though I suppose they could "group up" and play online while you do your own thing.

Anyway, back to the discussion at hand, I like all the systems, more or less. In my opinion, every system has its potential, but it comes down to what games are produced for that system and price tag determines immediate buy. Currently, the Wii seems to be on top for me because:

1) It's the most affordable system out there
2) I like the idea of the Wiimote
3) Enough games available to make my purchase worthwhile

Don't get me wrong, I still have my eyes set on the 360 and PS3, just not at the moment. If my unrealistic expectations come to light then I may very well get either before year's end. Otherwise, I'll have to save up quite a bit for the systems, accessories, and games, which can take quite a while with the situation I'm in. Aside from that, I would have to say that the 360 takes second because:

1) XBox Live
2) Good video game library (The Orange Box, Assassin's Creed, Gears of War, etc)
3) HD-DVD capability

Though the PS3 is last on my priority list, it still has time to shine; they just need MGS 4 and both versions of FFXIII. I would have to say it's a developing system in its current state, but I'm sure Blu-Ray technology and other aspects of the system will help it shine. Of course, I would need several price drops before I could ever think to purchase it.

Charbok
12-04-2007, 01:06 AM
While I agree with you Ultima, I don't think you backed up your decision enough.
I like the right now, because right now it's about equal (A bit worse) than the Wii.

After Brawl comes out, it'll be a no contest for sure though.

Ultima Boss
12-04-2007, 02:29 AM
I'm just stating my opinion. I'm not trying to argue which system is factually better, unlike you.

I don't think I exactly need sources to state an opinion, for my intentions are not to persuade one to convert to another system. I'll respect one's opinion regardless whether I agree or not, which they are entitled to.

Sixto
12-04-2007, 03:17 AM
Here are my picks in order:

1. Wii - Extremely innovative and the cheapest of the trio.
2. PS3 - The best graphics of the bunch.
3. 360 - I never really liked it...

SpaceUnicorn
12-04-2007, 03:20 AM
First off, Charbok shut up. I don't care how much you like Nintendo or why they are better than any other system. Grow up.

Now I own a Wii and a 360. So I'll give you my opinion on those. First I'll start with the Wii. I bought my Wii for one game and it was Super Smash Bros. Brawl yet to find out it was delayed. Oh well, I picked up Super Mario Galaxy to keep me busy since it's supposedly the best game yet ever to be released. Though really, it's no Super Mario 64. The Wii sells well and will continue to sell well. That's because it's a pick up and play system. Friends come over and want to have some fun for maybe more than ten minutes they can play the Wii. It's an easy system to learn how to play. The Wii has proven that it appeals to a more casual audience and does that well. I just want to see if they can keep up with their hardcore fans.

I'll post my thoughts on the 360 later.

Charbok
12-05-2007, 12:43 AM
First off, Charbok shut up. I don't care how much you like Nintendo or why they are better than any other system. Grow up.

Now I own a Wii and a 360. So I'll give you my opinion on those. First I'll start with the Wii. I bought my Wii for one game and it was Super Smash Bros. Brawl yet to find out it was delayed. Oh well, I picked up Super Mario Galaxy to keep me busy since it's supposedly the best game yet ever to be released. Though really, it's no Super Mario 64. The Wii sells well and will continue to sell well. That's because it's a pick up and play system. Friends come over and want to have some fun for maybe more than ten minutes they can play the Wii. It's an easy system to learn how to play. The Wii has proven that it appeals to a more casual audience and does that well. I just want to see if they can keep up with their hardcore fans.

I'll post my thoughts on the 360 later.

Did I do something wrong?
I don't believe so, I just happen to be stating my opinion in a very forceful matter.
I'm argumentative and I can't help it, I'll just keep going until people see my point. They don't have to agree with it, just understand it.

I respect other people's opinions, but I want to be sure that everyone see's boths sides of the argument, because if they don't, then their opinion has no basis in which to be supported on.

I simply find it hard that people can argue against how many great features the Wii has.

pikachufan25
12-05-2007, 12:46 AM
I owned all 3, i've played all 3, and my rank goes like this...
1.xbox 360 awesome games
2.wii close to xbox 360, but the touch screen things get annoying after a while, good games
3.ps3 expensive, also has good games, but price kills, ps3 is 400-600, depending on what one you buy, 40 or 80 gb.

pikachu25king
12-05-2007, 01:56 AM
1. wii
2. ps3
3. elite xbox 360

karmachameleon
12-05-2007, 03:14 AM
As of right now,

1. 360
2. Wii
3. PS3

The only reason the Xbox360 is better right now is because it is the only system with a great multiplayer game (Halo 3). After SSBB comes out, Wii will be better.

Kenny_C.002
12-05-2007, 09:07 PM

Unlike you, I play games that are hardcore by definition. That is, I play obscure games that you've never heard of before. Some of these developers are migrating to the PS3, while others are migrating to the 360. It's only natural that I eventually will also have to migrate to the PS3 and the 360. However, it is also known that the developers of those types tend to go for the PS3 more than the 360, as well. I am, however, doing myself a favour by waiting for as long as possible before getting either system.

I agree with this, even though I currently don't own a Wii. The PS3 has a lot of potential, but it's not being taken advantage of right now. It also needs more games besides Resistance. =/

Well like you, I'm also just simply waiting for the games to come out. As I said, Folklore isn't exactly a game I'm jumping in to get. It's no Disgaea.

Good luck getting those without the use of emulation, unless you know of stores with super discounts and/or by foreign means.

It's not unnatural to be capable of getting two systems over the span of 2-3 years, is it? Besides, I do know of those stores you speak of, which does soften up the prices. The problem now is simply a matter of where I'm going to end up in the next couple of years. I can't exactly be lugging a PS3 and a 360 around just because I'm going overseas, after all.

Ultima Boss
12-05-2007, 10:18 PM
If you depend on others to help you get all three then it may not be as difficult, or it very well may. As self-reliant as you seem to indicate, then it may be a bit more tedious to save that much money, especially if you have different priorities in life. Of course, if you make a good amount of money per week (or per month) and/or have connections then all the power to you; I wish I had a part-time job I would actually enjoy (don't do food service, at least for my part).

For myself, it'll prove to be a prolonging endeavor since my dad has access to my bank account and gives me indirect blackmail if he sees any indication that I spent my money on one of them which could cost me dearly. Of course, I was able to dodge him once by buying a Wii with birthday money and trades I made to Gamestop; I don't expect to pull something like that off any time soon. Like I've addressed before, if I don't get help from my mother then I will have to wait at least several significant price drops before I even think realistically getting the 360 and/or PS3.

Thus, it's not unnatural to be able to possess all three within a two to three year span, just rather difficult and/or prolonging (not easy).

Sonamus
12-06-2007, 07:09 PM
olol, as soon as I look at pe2k, this comes up.

This is a NINTENDO forum, with NINTENDOPHILES. The Wii will be the favorite for anything.

And most Nintendophiles hate Sony because it took every non-Nintendo exclusive the Gamecube and N64 ever had, especially Final Fantasy. That makes me lul.

PS: The PS3 is pretty much for people with jobs, or for those who haven't had their welfare check cashed yet.
YAY! Let's all go hate Sony! lol I don't hate Sony as much as Microsoft *shudders*
anyway, Wii rocks all, it's the cheapest most interactive, fun and imaginative console this generation, plus Nintendo pwns all

darkmewtwo1111
12-11-2007, 11:56 PM
I Would Get A WII Beacause It Has Good Games

pikachu25king
12-12-2007, 12:39 AM
xbox 360s break a lot, and the ps3 doesnt overheat, and also the ps3 will get better with the game selection, they just take a lot of time with there games