PDA

View Full Version : Should I make a roleplay based off of my fake region?

T3h-Chiisai
11-23-2007, 02:40 AM
The region is called Riara, there is a banner link to it in my signature. I highly suggest you look at it closely before answering. Oh, and the companion comic for another source for inspiration.

Don't judge a book by its cover!

ANYWAYS, I've put alot of thought into this, but I have as of yet to come up with a descent plot, which I would definitely need. Not to mention that the pokedex isn't Quite complete yet either. I did start a roleplay once on another forum, but it died due to a lagging plot and lack of vital information.

I won't make the roleplay if it's a bad idea, I'm kind of torn on the thought after a past failure...

I need a good plot, preferably involving the regions legendaries. I don't want it to be anything to do with 'get a starter and battle gym leaders' that bores the snot out of everyone. (No offense.)

My basic idea was to have the obligatory evil team 'Team Eternity' Seek out the power of Steeletone. Steeletone is the legendary who was said to rage on forever without rest, suggesting immortality, which they want. But in their efforts of awakening (Yeah, it's asleep, just a legend about the whole forever thing, the ancient people sealed it in marsh Island long ago.) Steeletone they caused an unbalance in the region, thus awakening the other legendaries. The usual good versus evil plot line, you are a trainer, you otta sto 'em yadda yadda. Basic, it needs work, help me out because I've got a plethora of Fakes and a terribly generic plotof wich I'm ready to scrap right now if you can help me with something better.

I'd prefer a suggestion that isn't too complex. Something easy to follow and interesting.

If you want to make the roleplay with me, I'm ready to work with you and any idea you have if I like and accept it.

sir_Aaron
11-23-2007, 03:46 AM
Souds good,you should make it.

iChaos
11-23-2007, 03:50 AM
I say, go for it

Fire Away
11-23-2007, 03:58 AM
In all honesty, it doesn't sound much more original than the typical 'stop x team from completing x objective.' :/

T3h-Chiisai
11-23-2007, 07:31 PM
In all honesty, it doesn't sound much more original than the typical 'stop x team from completing x objective.' :/

Exactly, that's why I need help. It's a played out plot, I need help coming up with something better. -_-;;

T3h-Chiisai
11-26-2007, 10:22 PM
This is the basic first post I plan on using. Thoughs? Comments? Stop me now if it's really bad.

Rules:
1.Read everything in this post! Trust me you can easily get lost.
2.No godmoding.
3.We will start when four people join.
4.Good? Evil? Not my decision. Your character can be whatever they want as long as they earn it.
5.There are gym battles, but only four badges. Gym bouts are held occasionally at the contest arenas or battle arenas.
6.Manners will get you every where with me. Use them when you join.
7.I control legendaries and any pokemon that you don’t own until you succeed in catching them. Keep that in mind.
8.No, I don’t allow pokemorphs.

Riara region- A small Island region near Kanto. The region consists of one main central island and four smaller ones. Known as the sand bar continent due to the shallow waters around the coast line.

Main island:
Towns:(More to be added)
Pineburk: A small town near the center of the island. During the winter it snows here which attracts tourists. Winter loving pokemon can usually be found in surrounding routes during the winter or when the weather is bellow freezing point. It has a small contest arena under construction at the moment.

Swift river connects Pineburk to the Nautilis Coast which is connected to Nautilis city.
Muerta mountain connects Bradford to Route 3 which connects to spring valley and Pine burk.

Nautilis city: A sprawling coastal city near the upper left tip of the main island. The main industry here is fossil collecting along the coast. If you can find a fossil here you can either revive it at the revival center or sell it to a merchant. There is a large harbor and a ferry service that can take you to the nearby Marsh Island or any of the farther off islands if you have a pass.
There is a gym here as well.

Route 1 connects Nautilis to Flora cliff.

Flora Cliff: A mid sized town near a cliffs edge. Flora cliff is renowned for the towns advanced biology center. It was the named for the abundance of flowers growing on the land. These flowers attract rare plant and bug pokemon during spring and summer. Flying pokemon will roost in the walls of the cliff.

Route 2 connects Flora cliff to Hachaxe beack.

Hachaxe Beach: The uppermost town coastal on the maps of Riara this is a small town with little attractions other than its battle arena. The Riara league is usually held here every five years. Its name was derived by the many Hachaxe (A water and steel type pokemon that looks similar to a Hatchet fish) that patrol the waters.

Wyrd Forest connects Hachaxe Beach to Thunder point and Bradford town.

Thunder Point: The largest city in Riara with a large contest and battle arena. Named because of its high elavation there are many lightning rods protecting citizens from lightning strikes. There is a ferry to Kanto or the neighboring islands nearby.

Wyrd Forest connects Hachaxe Beach to Thunder point and Bradford town.

Bradford town: A small but bustling town renowned for its breeding center. Here many people have lived in harmony for years and have grown to love the peaceful enviroment. Those who live here seldom leave.

Muerta mountain connects Bradford to Route 3 which connects to spring valley and Pine burk.

Spring valley: Settled in an ancient valley it is hard to get to due to steep rock faces. But those who can get here are rewarded by the hotsprings which can speed up the hatching of eggs and heal the body.

__________________________________________________ _______________________________________

Marsh Island: Dark and mysterious it is said there are large steel deposits buried beneath the marsh lands. Lost somewhere in the islands of Riara is the steel pendant, which according to a legend in the steel-tomb shrine was lost for a good reason. Steel, water, and poison type pokemon survive here.

Life Island: The smallest island in Riara it is uninhabitable due to the dense tropical foliage covering it. A shrine was mysteriously found in the middle for the ancient diety pokemon Paradin. Two glowing green orbs in the shrine are thought to be the reason as to why plant life grows so abundantlt here.

Inferno Island: There is a constantly active volcano here that erupts once every two or three years. At the center of the volcano’s main chamber, floating on top of the lava is the priceless Pyrofeather. Every year a contest is held for trainers to try to retrieve this mysterious feather but none have succeeded. A small settlement of tents is about the only civilization here.

Sandbar Island: In an island legend the large sand dune was said to have been built up upon the bones of an ancient legendary pokemon. The island now is a fishing town Lure Inlet open to the public where many water pokemon congregate during all seasons.

The other two Islands: Both islands are surrounded by rough water, harsh winds, and whirl pools. Not much is known about them. The first trainer to set foot on the Islands can claim it as their own and name them.

Plot: Unbeknownst to the entire region rare items of legend are going missing. The culprit is unknown as are their intentions, but earthquakes are somehow becoming more frequent in the smaller islands. Scientists are puzzled by this, since more natural disasters seem to be brewing in the small region.

What do these rare items do? Surely there is a reason for them to be stolen. It has been a mystery as to their purpose, but someone knows, and they aren't about to reveal the true power of these items.

Mean while you, a young trainer just starting out on your journey, have a run in with one of the cronies of the strange organization that stole the artifacts. You put up a good fight, but lose to one of their pokemon. When the stranger is about to most likely kill you and all seems lost a legendary pokemon appears and saves you. As you journey on you find that it is following you and expecting you to help it on a quest to return the artifacts and save the region.

Registration

Name:
Hometown: (Must be in Riara if you are one of the first three joiners, sorry.)
Appearance:
History: (optional)
Pokemon Team: (Up to three first evolution pokemon around level 12)

Extra tidbits: This roleplay involves everyone who joins. Everyone is in the same world here, and their actions could affect others.

First three joiners are accompanied by a legendary.

Fourth joiner gets the steel pendant.

Apologies for the double post!

Kecleonfan666
11-27-2007, 09:47 PM
Well, the region is pretty darn good in my eyes, but the plot cna use some clippings. I can help you on that, y'know.

Check out my current RP to see my plot length, and [hopefully] creative idea. I can help you as well.

But, overall, GO FOR IT. ^^

T3h-Chiisai
11-28-2007, 01:52 AM
Well, the region is pretty darn good in my eyes, but the plot cna use some clippings. I can help you on that, y'know.

Check out my current RP to see my plot length, and [hopefully] creative idea. I can help you as well.

But, overall, GO FOR IT. ^^
Yes! Thank you! I'm an artist, and if there's one thing we artists can't do is write... or make decent plots.

Pokemon Island: Lockdown was the one I found, and it was great, an easy to follow, manage, and continue with plot. I would have joined too, but it's a bit far along I believe. I'd love your help. Heck, if you want to be co creator of the roleplay I wouldn't mind that at all.

I'm glad you stopped me from using my original plot. Honestly, I used it once and it only went down hill from there. Ugh.

Kecleonfan666
11-28-2007, 02:02 AM
Yes! Thank you! I'm an artist, and if there's one thing we artists can't do is write... or make decent plots.
Pokemon Island: Lockdown was the one I found, and it was great, an easy to follow, manage, and continue with plot. I would have joined too, but it's a bit far along I believe. I'd love your help. Heck, if you want to be co creator of the roleplay I wouldn't mind that at all.

I'm glad you stopped me from using my original plot. Honestly, I used it once and it only went down hill from there. Ugh.

Welcome to my world :O

Pokemon Island Lockdown is dead, and it has been dead, the first GOOD event hasn't even happened yet, it died just before it began, but at least now I can mold it into my will in a fan fic, which I have done.

And yes, that'd be nice. I'm not in too many RPs at the moment, so I'd have time ^^
(I think...)

EDIT: I'M AN ARTIST!! Well, hand drawer, sketching, I suck at graphics and spriting, but yeah, I can do them both :D

T3h-Chiisai
11-28-2007, 11:32 PM
Welcome to my world :O

Pokemon Island Lockdown is dead, and it has been dead, the first GOOD event hasn't even happened yet, it died just before it began, but at least now I can mold it into my will in a fan fic, which I have done.

And yes, that'd be nice. I'm not in too many RPs at the moment, so I'd have time ^^
(I think...)

EDIT: I'M AN ARTIST!! Well, hand drawer, sketching, I suck at graphics and spriting, but yeah, I can do them both :D
Thanks. I just read the plot and the first few plots. R.I.P. The fanfic should be good though.

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay! I abuse the english language out of delight.

Ah, didn't know that. Maybe it's just me who can't make plots. DX You lucky talented awesome person.