PDA

View Full Version : Definition of Newb and Noob

Shozuka
11-25-2007, 07:23 PM
Some people are Noobs. Some people are newbs. Some people just don't understand the difference. Do you feel that? Do you understand me? Do you know the definition difference? Discuss it here.

IT
11-25-2007, 09:58 PM
No, I don't understand you; please elaborate a little.

And this is not a serious topic, if I may add. Hopefully not serious enough for this board, because if it is, the downhill has started for this forum.

pikahero2
11-25-2007, 10:00 PM
I know the difference a Newb is a new person to the forum/site

and n00b is...lets just say everyone has their words for 'em.

Fire Away
11-25-2007, 10:07 PM
Yes, I understand what you're saying.

Whether or not this subject deserved it's own thread is another matter.

Stardy
11-25-2007, 10:09 PM
n00bs are people who say

WHI9KQ3W4JPNQW34NHomgWNOWAİ.

Newbs are just new people to the forum =P

Easy diffrance, you could be on a forum for 3 years or since March and still be a n00b

Ataro
11-27-2007, 09:21 PM
Doesn't this belongs to Other Chat/Discussion?

Noobs are more annoying than newbs too.

Professor Geoffrey
11-27-2007, 09:26 PM
Doesn't this belongs to Other Chat/Discussion?

Noobs are more annoying than newbs too.

No, this is computer-related.

Newb is short for newbie, and a noob (or n00b) is... well, it has several meanings. Depends on how you look at it.

Monkey Boy
11-27-2007, 09:55 PM
No, this is computer-related.

and a noob (or n00b) is... well, it has several meanings. Depends on how you look at it.

Just its bad that is N00B one word BAD!

Yes I do understand but some people learn and if they disobey :sad:

VP4L
11-28-2007, 06:10 AM
There the same meaning just spelled diferently Noob or Newb, is just a new person like me

Stardy
11-28-2007, 01:36 PM
There the same meaning just spelled diferently Noob or Newb, is just a new person like me
Nope newb is new, like you, n00b is more like, say, monkey boy =P

earth_type_rule
11-28-2007, 05:15 PM
I know the difference a Newb is a new person to the forum/site

and n00b is...lets just say everyone has their words for 'em.

You guys suck :P

N00b is an inferior person to yourself, and newb is a freshling to a sertain thing. It can both be used in ANYTHING.

Stardy
11-28-2007, 05:22 PM
You guys suck :P

N00b is an inferior person to yourself, and newb is a freshling to a sertain thing. It can both be used in ANYTHING.
You do know I already know that without you having to tell me :P?

earth_type_rule
11-28-2007, 05:27 PM
You do know I already know that without you having to tell me :P?

If you knew, why didn't you said it correctly. I win, pwn gg kthnxbai

Stardy
11-28-2007, 05:35 PM
If you knew, why didn't you said it correctly. I win, pwn gg kthnxbai
Cause if I dont suck, then what am I?

I would be a worthless member with nothing to do but not suck :P

Master Aqua
11-28-2007, 06:24 PM
Noob
The game definition of noob is usually someone, often in online games who acts in offensive ways to other users or people that surround them and refuse to go away, or stay by any other methods for the sole purpose of annoying others. The word noob can also mean in an online game someone who did something stupid, or asked an obvious question. For example, if someone asks a question answered in the FAQ or is common knowledge, others will call that person a noob.

Newb
Newb is also considered a relatively new person to a game that is inexperienced and doesn't know what they are doing. This term is often addressed as newb(Newbie). However, in recent times this term is infrequently used and has been widely accepted as being replaced by noob.

Nub
Nub is another spelling of noob.

This is a fact and you can not arguee look up wiikapedia if you do not beilve me. That is were i got this from with good old fashioned copy and paste.

Cybernetic Ghost
11-29-2007, 01:22 PM
Noob
The game definition of noob is usually someone, often in online games who acts in offensive ways to other users or people that surround them and refuse to go away, or stay by any other methods for the sole purpose of annoying others. The word noob can also mean in an online game someone who did something stupid, or asked an obvious question. For example, if someone asks a question answered in the FAQ or is common knowledge, others will call that person a noob.

Newb
Newb is also considered a relatively new person to a game that is inexperienced and doesn't know what they are doing. This term is often addressed as newb(Newbie). However, in recent times this term is infrequently used and has been widely accepted as being replaced by noob.

Nub
Nub is another spelling of noob.

This is a fact and you can not arguee look up wiikapedia if you do not beilve me. That is were i got this from with good old fashioned copy and paste.

Wikipedia is entirely user submitted. For definitions like that, I'd trust Urban Dictionary over Wiki. I mean, I've seen things like Bruce Willis' page say there was much information pointing towards the fact that he was a Genie, which I totally had nothing to do with.

Anyways, other people have said it. Newb=Newbie=New person to a game/forum/ect. Noob=Immature for the most part.

LS
11-30-2007, 12:33 AM
I think the NEWb gave it away.. Noobs are like.. 99.99% of this forum.

TheEvilDookie
11-30-2007, 12:41 AM
I used to not understand it, but I do now.

Noob= Idiot, spammer, nobody likes this person

Newb= New person, a few minor mistakes here n there but has good intentions

Shozuka
12-01-2007, 05:55 PM
Thanks, guys for discussing this. I like to hear that SOME people know the difference.

Noob is a spammer (like Monkey Boy) and a newb is someone that is new. :)

Offense given to Monkey Boy :)

Anastasia-R
12-01-2007, 06:02 PM
I used to not understand it, but I do now.

Noob= Idiot, spammer, nobody likes this person

Newb= New person, a few minor mistakes here n there but has good intentions

Now I don't think that's ture.

Noob- A member who spams and breaks the rules.

Newb- A new person. They might break some rules at times.

Not much really. I can't say a Noob is a person who isn't smart or is disliked.

~A.R

Neon_Espeon
12-06-2007, 01:41 PM
Yeah... i think there's a large difference.

Newb: A shortened version of "Newbie" meaning a person who is new at something.

N00b: Someone who has awful grammar, can't use commas or periods right, constantly annoying people, spells words with numbers, always asks dumb questions, and so on...

Also see: "Troll" and "YouTube" for better examples. :tongue:

Nope newb is new, like you, n00b is more like, say, monkey boy =P

^Like my thing, but shorter and simpler. :tongue: (Also funnier :D)