PDA

View Full Version : Reflections of the past.

Kecleonfan666
11-27-2007, 01:41 AM
Well, what was it like for you in your first days and weeks or so in PE2K, and how did you evolve into the Member you are currently.

If you search some of my older threads in my profile, you will see what a pathetically horrible nOOb I was back then, especially in my first days, I've been reflecting alot upon that for a while, and I've been trying to learn from it now. I can't believe how horribly bad I was at RPing/Posting, and all that.

What about you? Were you like a nOOb at first? What was your first days like?

Phantom Kat
11-27-2007, 01:48 AM
I can honestly say I was never a n00b but were all newbies. =P

In the beginning, I tended to be very shy and I would go over what i typed in my post more than once. I was very nervous about breaking the rules because I'm like that, a rule followers.=P I cna't tell you how many times I deleted a post because I thought it was spam. I tended to only answer questions and never join in a discussion or chat because, well, I was just too nervous.

Now, I think I'm a pretty good memeber and I'm more outspoken and join in a lot more stuff like the URPG and all that. People around here made me feel welcome and so my confidence rose. Yep, I couldn't be what I am today if some people took the time to notice little ol' me. :tongue:

- Kat

Blue-
11-27-2007, 02:12 AM
I never used bad grammar or whatever, but I was a little... rough around the edges. XD I couldn't put a banner in my sig for the longest time since I was technologically challenged. But, I think it was just youth.

I'm still relatively young, but at least I don't break rules and can do some basic coding now. =D I've still got some improving to do in the fanfic/RP/spriting department, but overall, I'm happy with the way I am now.

Bryce
11-27-2007, 02:19 AM
well, in my earlier days... the first 500 posts or so, you could only find me in the Roleplaying & Fanfiction sections, for i refused to branch out to anything else...

I was very choosy with my words and i did not ever use any that would in some way offend someone... so i was a bit quiet =P

Now, i am basically a part of everything on this forum, some more than others, and i have met alot of cool people *cough Kat, Jackson, Michael, Marco cough* & i am becoming more outspoken with my opinion... i hope to get myself more well-known among the members, but we'll see what happens ^-^

Hypocrisy is Fun
11-27-2007, 02:31 AM
I pretty much regret a lot of stuff I said and did... I really wish I hadn't.

But hey, it's today that matters!

Hazmat
11-27-2007, 12:57 PM
I was pretty much the same as Bryce.

Never really saying much - sticking to role playing.

But now, I'm a bit more outgoing, and have met a couple good friends, though I'd love to meet more.

So, I guess I'm a bit like my old self, but a bit more outgoing.

I need to be a little more lively, I suppose. XD

Stardy
11-27-2007, 03:55 PM
I was reviving old threads, posts not containing much good grammer, but I never spammed =P.
Or what I call spamming anyway.

I was also like Bryce and Hazmat, except I used the Sprite boards instead of RP boards.

Shadow Eevee
11-27-2007, 08:21 PM
I was reviving old threads, posts not containing much good grammer, but I never spammed =P.
Or what I call spamming anyway.

I was also like Bryce and Hazmat, except I used the Sprite boards instead of RP boards.

Me too.

Good thing is that most people who know me from my n00b days are banned. :P

Orthar
11-27-2007, 10:02 PM
I didn't quite understand the URPG so I spammed it with battles and pokemon I didn't even have. XD

And uhh, people were hard-asses to me and it worked. So now, I'm a hard-ass to the noobs and it works. ER used to be a noob. Pikaboo Pikachu isn't that much of a noob anymore. I was a big ass to them both.

sonickid01
11-27-2007, 10:17 PM
Eh, I don't remember too much. I was friends with spammers/ bad grammar people (XD) at first, since I didn't know anyone. When they got banned, I hit kind of the sprite boards, the trivia board, and the RPing boards.

RawrIsMyMiddleName
11-27-2007, 10:21 PM
Spamming FTW.

That was my main thing back when. I was such a noob, and I didn't get too much help, except from my father who is such a computer himself.

Emily
11-27-2007, 10:47 PM
When I first joined, I'd been a forum-dweller for a while already, so I knew how everything worked. :)

Xalapeno
11-27-2007, 10:50 PM
In the beginning, I tended to be very shy and I would go over what i typed in my post more than once. I cna't tell you how many times I deleted a post because I thought it was spam.

Now, I think I'm a pretty good memeber and I'm more outspoken and join in a lot more stuff like the URPG and all that. People around here made me feel welcome and so my confidence rose.

- Kat

LOL, it's fun messing with ya Kat. I think you should still double check your posts.:crackup:
- Mistakes are bolded and also in red.
*Attempts to lower Kat's confidence <)>=3*

Anyways, Kat would probably take advantage of this, but I can remember being somewhat of a hot head..........mostly with political topics and such so now I steer away from them and just watch the stuff on t.v.:ermm:

Look on my profile and you'll still be able to see my first threads and the N00Biness that they held. I can't say it enough, but Neo is the guy who pulled me out of that, and for that I thank him. For anyone that says he's mean, just keep in mind that he's here to help you, just as he helped me. Not only him, but all the mods in general and also the veteran members.:wink:

..........and that's it for me.

*sinks back into the shadows of AIM* :shifty:

Stinky
11-27-2007, 11:37 PM
Well, like Cune, I had been a forum-dweller before, so I knew how to act. Although when I first joined a forum (Serebii) I was horrible. I try to forget those days. ;-;

Shady
11-28-2007, 03:34 AM
Yeah, I was kind of nooby when I first came. Spoke in chatspeak for a little while. Learned pretty quickly though so it wasn't much of a problem. ^^;

Ah, the good ol' days. Back when pe2k was interesting. xD

My map shop, the D/P discussion thread, the (good) DCC xD

Fun times.

Shdw_Tamwyn
11-28-2007, 11:57 AM
Ehhh, I never left the Battle Center :/ I was a noob, and I never knew what was goin on most of the time.

Ataro
11-28-2007, 02:05 PM
Ah, reflections, love it. :3

Try searching me up in TV Movies thread or URPG boards, you'll find the so newbie of me. Lol, those were shameful days, come to think of it now. I know lots of people hated me in the past, let's hope things change. :tongue:

Freddy Fro
11-28-2007, 02:28 PM
Ah, those were the "good" 'ol days, I remember when I joined like it was yesterday...

Ok, no I don't, but still, I remember myself being a newbie, never a n00b though, and I was kinda nervous too (hard to believe, huh?), and I tried my hardest to have great grammar, spelling, and Punctuation, and to caps my "i"s XD

But I've grown up(forum wise, that is), but they were still some good times, oh and Pe2k was more active back then and Ryan was still there, so that was a big plus :D

Fro~

Lord94
11-28-2007, 06:13 PM
I joined both here and PC about a month and a half ago. Do I think I was a noob? No, but I did get banned from here for five days and I got banned from PC for three weeks. I've left my mark.

Shiny Loser
11-29-2007, 01:23 PM
I have quite a long history, and I IMHO think it's pretty interesting. ^^

First I found help for Sapphire in the RSE thread. Then I wrote my first fanfic. I quit when Sceptile Frost criticized it, but I came back and continued. Now it's finished.

I used to speak in mediocre chatspeak (like "plz" and "4"), but Deathsceptor told me I sholudn't make fun of chatspeak if I do it myself, so I stopped.

Then there was the Zangoose Survivor Game. When the 5th PSG ended (I was in the top seven), LordZangoose made a copy of the game. It seemed fun, but I didn't want to join. I did, however, want to make my talent in banners (which started around then) known without putting up a shop. So I volunteered to make banners the the ZSG, and before you know it, compliments were popping up. I hope I'm not being stuck up. I kept making banners until I found that LZ was joining WAR and giving up the game he was running. I volunteered to take over the game for him, hoping that could get me a bit more fame. Soon it died off, as did all the other Survivor games, and that was the end of my running the game. It didn't get me fame.

What did get me fame was my banner shop. Those were the golden months, July and August. Particularly July. KnightBlazer didn't have a shop then, and my shop was forever on the top of the first page. I was about the most "tagged-in-sig-for-banner" dude around. Sorta. I won Gold for Best Graphics Artist for both July and August, though I went narrowly past ~Falcon~ for it.

Then I left, because school had started and a banner shop was too much pressure for me. I didn't think I could stand not having fame, so I closed the shop and left Pe2k. Nobody seemed to notice. I left for a month, and came back at the end of September. Again, nobody seemed to notice. And right then and there I knew my golden days were over. I didn't think I was any good anyway :P

Now I'm just an ordinary person, accepted by all but not known by all. It isn't quite my ultimate wish, but I can bear with it.

Did I sound weird saying all this? Sorry, I just had to. xD

Gaia
11-29-2007, 03:26 PM
I wasn't all a noob back then. I joined mainly for URPG, and then I got into graphics after seeing some of Sarah's work. I got banned from URPG for a month or so, so I joined a few graphic forums that Matt introduced me too. Got back to URPG again, went inactive there, became host for BotW, bla bla bla, yada yada yada, and here I am now. :tongue:

On a sidenote, I really hate (tbh) these kinds of threads that talk about "the good ol' days" or "remember that happened and this didn't" or "how n00bish I was back then". The passing of time makes everything in the past seem better because we can't have them anymore. Things were not better 'back then' so stop, before I throw someone into a river. This is directing to some posts here btw. :P

Shiny Loser
11-30-2007, 09:19 AM
I wasn't all a noob back then. I joined mainly for URPG, and then I got into graphics after seeing some of Sarah's work. I got banned from URPG for a month or so, so I joined a few graphic forums that Matt introduced me too. Got back to URPG again, went inactive there, became host for BotW, bla bla bla, yada yada yada, and here I am now. :tongue:

On a sidenote, I really hate (tbh) these kinds of threads that talk about "the good ol' days" or "remember that happened and this didn't" or "how n00bish I was back then". The passing of time makes everything in the past seem better because we can't have them anymore. Things were not better 'back then' so stop, before I throw someone into a river. This is directing to some posts here btw. :P
Haha, directing to me? Yeah, that's actually a lot of sense in what you said: "The passing of time makes everything in the past seem better because we can't have them anymore." I don't miss my n00b days that much though. And who knows if I can get them again?

By the way, don't throw me into a river.

Treeky111
11-30-2007, 10:16 PM
I was terribly critisized. It was chaos. I almost left honestly. Right now i never plan on leaving.