PDA

View Full Version : Christmas Shopping

Neo Emolga
11-28-2007, 12:45 AM
So, where are you going to do it, and have you had any crazy experiences lately?

I've been mostly shopping online through Amazon.com and Macy's. I got the gifts I need for other people, and hooray, blew a straight $200 doing it! http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y109/Ultradyne/Pikachu%20Emotes/crazy.gif

I'm just glad I got it all done early. http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y109/Ultradyne/Pikachu%20Emotes/cute.gif

Eternal Moonlight
11-28-2007, 01:05 AM
Yeah, actually I have had a crazy moment this shopping season. I was at Wal-Mart and then my mom was looikng at some rings. I was resting my foot on the cart and all of a sudden my shoelace got caught. It seemed like forever before my mom got it out. Advice=

DO NOT rest you feet on the bottom of the cart

killanotha1
11-28-2007, 01:21 AM
lol. Shopping carts are evil.

I haven't started shopping yet (like spending money) but I do plan on going to this store called Forbidden Planet and wasting a ton on manga. and by a ton I mean $100 cause I need to buy games for my Wii. Then Im going to Wal-mart to buy $10 bears and chrismas cards. Mwahaha cheap is good. :hungry:

Professor Geoffrey
11-28-2007, 02:54 AM
I'm just a 13 year old teenager who doesn't get an allowance, yet breaks his back with a site, forum account, endless chores, homework, and much more without pay. Life's good.

So, all I have to do is tell my dad what my mom wants, or might want, and he'll buy it according to price. I don't know what else my mom would want. All the good ideas were taken last year, or the year before. Ping-pong table. Ray-Ban sunglasses. Diamond jewlery. What's she going to have this year? More bath products? XD

I have a feeling my mom's going to get me an iPod Nano, you know, the new Generation III iPod Nano? My brother wants a special Nintendo DS Lite (Zelda edition), and the iPod and the DS are both similar in price. Extremely similar, if I may say. The DS is $160. The 4GB iPod can range from $150-$170. Do the math. I'm getting an iPod. ^^

But we love to shop online. My mom relies on the internet most of the time, though she loves shopping at a regular store once in a while. My dad will just go to the store. He likes getting things faster. My mom just tries to be patient, though she isn't.

Brainiac
11-28-2007, 03:11 AM
Hey, I bought one of those DS Lites on friday, but it only cost me $140.00. I really don't get to do too much as far as christmas goes either, but I did buy my bro a 2 gig micro sd flash memory card, you know, one of those little tiny things that are about the size of your fingernail? Yeah, I got him one, don't really know why he wants one though...

Gym Leader Ken
11-28-2007, 04:19 AM
Oh boy.
I need to start mine.
*sigh*
atleast my girlfriend will be easy to buy for..
Nintendo DS and Wii stuff, I got her hooked on it. haha

Hypocrisy is Fun
11-28-2007, 05:23 AM
Christmas shopping is fairly easy for me, but... I never have the money to get it all done. :dazed:

I have what I'm buying for everyone all planned out, it's just setting it into action I have trouble with. :P

Sixto
11-28-2007, 01:58 PM
I got all my shopping done right around Halloween and the beginning of November; back when stuff was actually available. Sure it might've been a little more expensive, but worth it. I also shopped online a lot.

pikahero2
11-28-2007, 02:24 PM
I'm doing mine today...FWEE...The thing is my mom is paying for everything xD.

o_O

Yesh..Well I have to buy my girlfriend...Or soon to be girlfriend a present...

What do girls like for christmas?

Stardy
11-28-2007, 04:59 PM

o_O

Probelly a present, no idea though.

Yay Xmas shopping!
Got to go buy myself everything in store, then decide whats crap and whats not, and sell the crap on EBay, making somebodys Xmas a happy one ;)

Gym Leader Ken
11-28-2007, 05:13 PM

o_O

Lol.
I remember when my mom had to pay for the shopping that I did.
but now I got a job and make about 400 bucks every other week at lowe's.

just pick some flowers out of your yard. lol j/k
Girls can be wierd sometimes, they all want different things..lol =)
mine likes pokemon and hello kitty, haha

pikahero2
11-28-2007, 06:10 PM
Lol.
I remember when my mom had to pay for the shopping that I did.
but now I got a job and make about 400 bucks every other week at lowe's.

just pick some flowers out of your yard. lol j/k
Girls can be wierd sometimes, they all want different things..lol =)
mine likes pokemon and hello kitty, haha

I'm a kid...xD,.

Thats why!

Also I found out what I'm getting her!

A Zac Efron CD Collection ( She mad 'bout him )

Gym Leader Ken
11-28-2007, 06:18 PM
I'm a kid...xD,.

Thats why!

Also I found out what I'm getting her!

A Zac Efron CD Collection ( She mad 'bout him )

I realize you're not of age to have a job. lol.
It must be nice, I miss those days. haha

pikahero2
11-28-2007, 07:51 PM
You should...Any Idea what I should get ? xD.

Charbok
11-28-2007, 09:37 PM
Oh boy.
I need to start mine.
*sigh*
atleast my girlfriend will be easy to buy for..
Nintendo DS and Wii stuff, I got her hooked on it. haha

Haha! Same here!

o_O

Girls? Depends on their age.
10-13: Some sort of makeup or something.
13 and over: There are many, many things you can get for these girls. Maybe a "Congratulations on the New Baby!" card to go with the other gift you gave her. :wink:

If you have a girlfriend that likes cute things (like mine for example) just do what I do best:
Sneak into her house and hide in a giant box all night with a sign that says "I love you".

Blue-
11-28-2007, 10:49 PM
It depends on what they are interested in. (Girls, BTW.)

I mean, if a guy got me some kind of lotion or shampoo, I'd be disturbed. XD If they bought me makeup/jewelry, I wouldn't wear it. But some girls like things like that.

I guess you could play it safe with chocolate. I know I'd like that, lol.

Shadow Eevee
11-28-2007, 11:45 PM
Let's see...

Father= Prolly something from Sears.
Mother= Something for the house.
Grandma= A candle or whatever.
Etc...
This year, my dad's side is doing a grab bag, so we only have to get the person we got gifts!
And for my Mom's side... I wish.

skate4242
11-28-2007, 11:58 PM
my mom just went to the mall and target my family hates wal mart(they suck)

Snow Fairy Sugar
11-29-2007, 04:22 AM
I picked out three places to do it. One's a place called Mustafa or something, and the others are in Sin City. =]

We'll probably end up giving dad the bi-annual heart attack when we finish our shopping. Last time we had to hire one more taxi, in addition to dad's SUV for the shopping. Of course, we spent it in the UK last year, but still...XD

Callum
11-29-2007, 06:31 AM
I haven't been yet. :oops:

It works out that I get payed on about the 23rd, so I'm gonna go then.

Mum: Not sure yet
Dad: He wants a CD
Sister: Probs chocolate
Friends: Something wacky. Last year I bought my friend a Santa-Patrick (Spongebob) beany baby. =P
Girlfriend: Something expensive I imagine, lol. Women..

Neo Emolga
12-01-2007, 12:45 AM
Well, as of now, I've got everything. The last package of gifts came in through the mail, and all that's left is just wrapping stuff.

Man, all done before December no less. http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y109/Ultradyne/Pikachu%20Emotes/smile.gif

SHADOW SWORD
12-01-2007, 01:03 AM
Well all that I have to do left is get my gf a diamond necklace. A lot to choose from.

The Jr Trainer
12-01-2007, 01:43 AM
I've done no shopping what-so-ever! :D

I usually just use my mom's/dad's money to but each other's gift(s). Hehehe, then there's my sister. She's hard to get a present for, so I just get her a blanket or something. xD Mom prolly will get a blanket too and my dad... a uhmm... something-or-other. :oops:

I usually don't get my freind anything since they're too lazy to get me anything. D: Although, boys dont usually give each other gifts. xD

~Jr

Seawolf
12-01-2007, 02:47 AM
I practically gave my copy of Mass Effect to my brothers, I got a book for my sister, and I have just enough to get something for my boyfriend. That's really all I can do every year. :x

pokemaster1111
12-01-2007, 02:51 AM
I practically gave my copy of Mass Effect to my brothers, I got a book for my sister, and I have just enough to get something for my boyfriend. That's really all I can do every year. :x

Aww, ain't that sweet caring for others :tongue:

Well I got meh mother a diamond ring....And yes, it's real =P
Thanks you, thank you...No Nobel Peace Prizes are necessary xD

But I still didn't get a Wii....:susp:

Edit:Oh yeah, I gave meh dad some new sneakers ['Cause I'm kewl like that =P].

-Alonzo

"Losers quit when they fail; Winners fail until they succeed!"

SHADOW SWORD
12-01-2007, 02:56 AM
Aww, ain't that sweet caring for others :tongue:

Well I got meh mother a diamond ring....And yes, it's real =P
Thanks you, thank you...No Nobel Peace Prizes are necessary xD

But I still didn't get a Wii....:susp:

Edit:Oh yeah, I gave meh dad some new sneakers ['Cause I'm kewl like that =P].

-Alonzo

How many karotz were in the diamond ring?

pokemaster1111
12-01-2007, 03:01 AM
How many karotz were in the diamond ring?

It had...well...umm. What's that number that's greater than one but less than three?

-Alonzo

xDesires-Lovex
12-01-2007, 11:38 AM
So, where are you going to do it, and have you had any crazy experiences lately?

I've been mostly shopping online through Amazon.com and Macy's. I got the gifts I need for other people, and hooray, blew a straight $200 doing it! http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y109/Ultradyne/Pikachu%20Emotes/crazy.gif

I'm just glad I got it all done early. http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y109/Ultradyne/Pikachu%20Emotes/cute.gif

Neo you lazy internet piece of crud =P

Get up off your butt and look around town! :D

I'll buy some special people some stuff form my B-Day Cash, but thats it.

plusle and minun
12-01-2007, 07:13 PM
This can get hard for me. I had to buy my mom a necklace saying mom and she knows because she picked it out! I also bought my dad a Screwdriver set and i got a special something for my friend.

JentleViolence
12-01-2007, 08:57 PM
Seeing as I have no money, I have to make all the Christmas presents. I haven't started yet, and I have so much to make...a couple of photoframes, a few "Secret boxes" (purely for laughs and giggles, the thouht is what counts...right?), a few Christmas cards, a few Christmas-themed pens...

RawrIsMyMiddleName
12-01-2007, 09:25 PM
Grr, I'm a pretty smart person, so I decided to save my birthday money until a cool game comes out for my own Christmas present. Well, wrong choice. Now, with that four hundred of mine, I have to buy the other teenagers of me family some presents. No more Assassin's Creed for me, eh? [Me mom is nice, though, so I'll get it anyways, maybe.]