PDA

View Full Version : The Pokemom Colosseum Help thread!

Half a Dollar
03-20-2004, 02:08 PM
Well,I got the guide yesterday,and I can help you with all this cool new 411!

Nm3k
03-20-2004, 07:53 PM
Does they says if Umbreon and Espeon are always female?
Thanks!

DoomDesire
03-20-2004, 08:58 PM
What are the starters?
What are their genders?
How do you snag the pokemon?
Once you snag the pokemon you can trade it to the GBA versions of Ru/Sa/FR/LG?
What jhoto pokemon can you trade to Ru/Sa/FR/LG without needing to purify them?
How does trading the pokemon to the version work ( I mean like theres a database of the jhoto pokemon and you click it and click trade and trade what you dont what?

Ok I think these are enough questions for right now. Now its time for answers!

Half a Dollar
03-21-2004, 03:39 AM
Nm3k: Yes they could,but very slim chance,like 12.5% female...I think.

DD:Your starters are Umbreon and Espeon.
2nd Q:Look at Nm3k's answer.
When you see a dark Pokemon,your sidekick will say it is because it has a dark aura and a purple background behind its picture.
You need to purify all of them before you can trade.
You ahve to beat Rpg mode first,then you can trade. I think you get National Dex,once you trade a G/S/C Pokemon.

DoomDesire
03-22-2004, 12:55 AM
Serebii.net for the first time ever confused the hell out of me! If everyone looked at the update on the site today they addedto teh Colesium section. It looks like you can only get 2 out of the 3 neo 1st stage starters(bayleef,crocnaw,quilava)? It says the one you get depends on the one you get first. It looks like you can get 1 out of the 3 then later get the 2nd of the 3. Or maybe I miss interperated it and you can get 2 of each? Please elaborate on this! :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh:

Jirachi
03-22-2004, 03:17 AM
Serebii.net for the first time ever confused the hell out of me! If everyone looked at the update on the site today they addedto teh Colesium section. It looks like you can only get 2 out of the 3 neo 1st stage starters(bayleef,crocnaw,quilava)? It says the one you get depends on the one you get first. It looks like you can get 1 out of the 3 then later get the 2nd of the 3. Or maybe I miss interperated it and you can get 2 of each? Please elaborate on this! :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh:You get all of them.

Missingno mystery
03-22-2004, 01:01 PM
You don't get all of them. What there saying is the first time you battle one of 3 ppl and get "1" of the old starters. Then later in the game you get to battle one of the 2 other ppl you didn't before and get "1" of the other starters you did not before. At least thats what I'm reading. If someone however has completed PC and you do get all 3...W00T!, But thats not what I'm seeing here right now :cry: .

DoomDesire
03-22-2004, 09:08 PM
I had the same inference on that. And I also want to no who to get first quilava or bayleaf? I want both and want to make sure I get it so what one do I pick first so I will be forced to get the other 1 second?

Half a Dollar
03-22-2004, 11:41 PM
You don't get all of them. What there saying is the first time you battle one of 3 ppl and get "1" of the old starters. Then later in the game you get to battle one of the 2 other ppl you didn't before and get "1" of the other starters you did not before. At least thats what I'm reading. If someone however has completed PC and you do get all 3...W00T!, But thats not what I'm seeing here right now :cry: . Actually,you can. You fight one in Phenac City's gates. Find one at the Snagem hideout. Also at The Under.

DoomDesire
03-23-2004, 12:30 AM
Can you elaborate more because its pretty clear on serebii (A VERY RELIABLE SITE) that basically you only get 2. :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Jirachi
03-23-2004, 03:49 AM
Serebii.net for the first time ever confused the hell out of me! If everyone looked at the update on the site today they addedto teh Colesium section. It looks like you can only get 2 out of the 3 neo 1st stage starters(bayleef,crocnaw,quilava)? It says the one you get depends on the one you get first. It looks like you can get 1 out of the 3 then later get the 2nd of the 3. Or maybe I miss interperated it and you can get 2 of each? Please elaborate on this! :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh:It confused the hell out of me too.(About some stuff anyways)

Half a Dollar
03-23-2004, 04:14 AM
^^^^^

You see my last post?

You do get ALL 3 pokemon. :razz:

DoomDesire
03-23-2004, 07:16 PM
I know thats what you said but do you have all 3? If you do then serebii made a mistake because they basically say you get 2. No offense but Serebii is rarely unconfirmed. (wrong)

Psyducky
03-24-2004, 02:04 AM
I got my guide today and you have do have the opportunity to get all three G/S/C starters. You get to choose which one you get first early in the game. Later you can get the other two. If Serebii states otherwise, someone might want to let them know.

DoomDesire
03-24-2004, 06:44 PM
Can you get items in colesium; things like charcoal ect?

Psyducky
03-24-2004, 09:29 PM
I don't know about all the items, but I know the guide says you get a Macho Brace pretty early.

I just got the game so I will see what it is all about soon enough.

swalot is the best
03-26-2004, 04:28 AM
dear mr. angelic(he he :lol: )
i need to know where to go after the lady at the fortune telling shop tells me to go win at the colossuem because i go there and the receptionist always says the challenge has already started.
another thing,
i asked this question on the collosseum main thread and others tried to help but what they told me to do,which was to go to the construction site and get a cog wheel,didnt work.
if you can answer this question i will give you 5 bucks if we ever meet in person by coincedence :lol:
ok thanx

AshMistyMayfan
03-26-2004, 06:25 AM
Go here:

http://www.serebii.net/colosseum/pokemon.shtml

This tells of all the Pokemon you can obtain in Colosseum.
Still waiting to get mine in the mail. :cry:

Got the Pokemon Colosseum book, you can get Bayleef, Croconow, and Quilava! Secret is:

Get one of them at game's start
Get the other 2 after game's end
ANd I also read even when the game ends, you got to still clean up a few areas and you can also battle trainers again to further clense your shadow Poekmon, which is why you'd have 2 other opps to get the other 2 Pokemon.
Also to get Ho Oh, you got to win 100 battles on Mt Battle and have a spot open.

Missingno mystery
03-28-2004, 02:32 PM
HELP!! There are no Pokeballs any were!!!! Were do you get the first balls!! NOW!!!

Psyducky
03-28-2004, 03:00 PM
Go back to that town that has a train engine as a building and talk to the big guy behind the bar. He will sell you pokeballs.

scorchio1158
03-28-2004, 05:49 PM
You can ask me because I know many answers. The things I am stuck on are: How do you awaken Celebi? How do you get into the labratory? :confused: :razz: :confused: :eh:

AshMistyMayfan
03-29-2004, 03:55 AM
Celebi is only waken by a "Time Flute" you acquire and it cures one of your Shadow Pokemon. I'm not sure if you can capture it or not, I think it just gets summoned to come in, heal the Pokemon, then leave. I think the Japan version has a disk where you can acquire Celebi in Colosseum. Man, Japan has more fun stuff then us at times!

Missingno mystery
03-29-2004, 11:50 AM
Go back to that town that has a train engine as a building and talk to the big guy behind the bar. He will sell you pokeballs.
I DID!!!! He has absolutly NOTHING of that sort!!!!!!!!!!! I've try'd EVERYTHING!!! Nothing works!!!

P.S.
Sorry for rushing an answer so fast but it seems like everones done if not close to finishing there game and I can't get the stupidest person in the game to give me even one dam ballhttp://empireirc.net/pokemonelite2000/images/icons/icon8.gif!!!

Mew
03-31-2004, 03:02 PM
did you talk to the people in the pokemart who tell you about that guy? I think you have to do that first...

If the person who started this doesn't mind if i answer...
You first have to get into the under before you get into the lab. Get the R-Disk from Silva and use it to make the UFO go to the right. Beat Venus and she will go down the stairs. I don't have the stats on all the people on the stairs, but they have quite a few shadow pokemon that are quite easy to catch with Noctowl's hypnosis and a few Ultra/Timer Balls. When you get to the bottom, you will see another person to beat who has a lv. 43 sneasol. I would suggest saving before taking her on. When you get past her and go through the train entrance, you will se Venus and 2 peons. They will go into her train. You have to go in that side and out the other. All three will be outside and they will run. When they go, go back outside the entrance. You will see something flashing on the ground. Go up to it and press the A button. It is a Subway key to mave the train. Go back through the entrance to her train and go in the other sde. Go up to the controls and click the A button. It will say it needs a key. Use the subway key and it will take you(ps, it only goes to the left!) to the lab. You will see two peons who recognize you. They will go inside the entrance to the lab. When you try to follow them, you will hear the sound of an explosion. Go through the door to find that they have blown-up your way in. When they leave, you will see a sparkling to your right. Go over and click the A button. It is the main key to the lab.

I have done all this myself just this morning, so I am certain that it is absolutely true. PS, When you get the main key, Silva will be freed. I haven't actually gotten into the lab because I saved and turned it off to go for breakfast right after, but when I looked at the summary of the Main Key in my Key Items slot, it said that it was the main key into the lab. I hope that someone can find some use for this information.

Oh yeah, i have a question too. Where in the under do you get another of the starters??

Half a Dollar
04-02-2004, 04:15 AM
Yes, like Mew said. You must talk to the people in the Phenac mart. Then gi to the Outskirt Stand.

UltimateShadow
04-03-2004, 08:31 AM
I have 2 questions:

1.Can you aquire Luxery Balls?If you don't can you trade them via RS to colosseum and use them?
2.If you don't snatch a shadow pokemon and let him Faint,
can you later get back and challange him again, and then catch the shadow pokemon?

Missingno mystery
04-03-2004, 02:50 PM
Yes, like Mew said. You must talk to the people in the Phenac mart. Then gi to the Outskirt Stand.
I found out now. Thats not how it goes!, You talk to the lady in the colosseum place go out battle the ppl Then you go to the center and go the the back of it talk to this lady then go to the first place and when your there the guy gives you 5 free PokeBalls BUT, do jest go with those! Get Great balls to!! lots! Trust me, there a heck of a lot better (by about 5 times).

Half a Dollar
04-03-2004, 03:41 PM
I have 2 questions:

1.Can you aquire Luxery Balls?If you don't can you trade them via RS to colosseum and use them?
2.If you don't snatch a shadow pokemon and let him Faint,
can you later get back and challange him again, and then catch the shadow pokemon?

1,You can't,but you can trade Luxury Balls from Ru/Sa to Colosseum.
2.You can catch them later on,by another trainer or thae same trainer.

Missingno:After you get the 5 free Pokeballs,you can by Balls,but only at the Outskirt Stand.

Jirachi
04-04-2004, 06:51 AM
HELP!I can't beat the guy at the tower place near the end of the game.He is the guy you face after you beat all four people in the colosseum on the top floor.Any ideas?

AshMistyMayfan
04-05-2004, 03:18 AM
Got the same problem, and the answer is level your team up. I got a team of 53-55 with a new gameplan worked on to use AMpharos and Medicham mostly with a few switches in mind, and try to push the shadow Pokemon longer so I can try Timer Balls in case the Ultras can't lock and their gage turns red. Hope I can KO their partners before they do something stupid like Earthquake! Hope I can KO the first leader better, the 4th challenger wiped me out of potions, full heals, and revives and a few of my Pokemon attacks weren't that sufficant.

Jirachi
04-09-2004, 06:08 AM
My friend beat the game I'll get him to beat it for me.

Dragon Tamer Connor
04-10-2004, 12:00 AM
Quick question, can you use shadow pokemon on Mt. Battle after you have beat Dakim there?

Nm3k
04-10-2004, 02:49 AM
Quick question, can you use shadow pokemon on Mt. Battle after you have beat Dakim there?
Yes...

Jirachi
04-10-2004, 04:13 AM
Yay!I beat the game now.(Well,actully the colosseum part so now I can trade with Ruby version)

Samus Aran
04-11-2004, 06:24 PM
i think some one asked this but..

how do you catch entie?
i paralize him, then get him down to red, then throw ultra balls at him.. but he keeps breaking out
then he uses shadow rush and knock himself out

I've tryied like 8 times
do i need to keep trying?
Do i need to put him to sleep?

Latias10
04-11-2004, 06:31 PM
Sleep is sposed to work better then paralising. A good sleep pokemon would be Noctowl. Entie can easaly knock out Skiploom/Jumpluff befor it can use Sleep Powder. Put him to sleep or paralise him get his health to yellow in case he uses Shadow Rush and throw Ultra Ball. I hoped I could help you.

AshMistyMayfan
04-11-2004, 06:33 PM
I used my Shadow Pokemon Houndoom in Pyrite's Colosseum, did great with it to give it some EXP when I purify it. I try to battle the Shadows much as possible so they get plenty of EXP, like Quilava had 9 more levels to learn flamethrower after I purified it. I want Houndoom to learn Crunch, which is why I won't purify it just yet.

I do have a question: Should you use a shadow, or another low leveled Pokemon, or a Pokemon outside (say a Delcatty) to get the Shuckle and Togetic? My team is too terrifying high and could knock out the Pokemon on one hit.

Samus Aran
04-11-2004, 06:39 PM
thanks Latias...
one more thing!
now many (about) ultra balls does it take?

and A&MF
yah you should
thought i would suggest (of you have it) a Sceptile with false swipe.
but Sceptile learns it at a high level (like 50-60) so unless he is your starter, you probably won't have it

Dragon Tamer Connor
04-11-2004, 06:58 PM
Another question, can you buy any ultra balls, and if so, where(I want them before the shadow pokemonlab)?

Samus Aran
04-11-2004, 07:09 PM
the outskirt stand
eventually it will

Half a Dollar
04-11-2004, 09:20 PM
Another question, can you buy any ultra balls, and if so, where(I want them before the shadow pokemonlab)?

Yes, When your in Agate,you'll get an e-mail sooner or later,than you can buy U-balls.

Latias10
04-11-2004, 09:36 PM
I am not sure how many Ultraball it takes. I do not think it toke more then 5. It should not take you to many. To be on the safe side you should buy more then 5 just incase.

About Shuckle and Togitic all you need to do is to put them to sleep or parylis them then throw a Ultraball at them. I caught Quliva and Bayleef that way.

jangofett
04-11-2004, 09:55 PM
umm, i don't know what to do next, i just started, i'm in the town with the collosseum thing, and everybody tells me i have to enter, but it won't let you, what do i do?

Jirachi
04-11-2004, 10:02 PM
thanks Latias...
one more thing!
now many (about) ultra balls does it take?

and A&MF
yah you should
thought i would suggest (of you have it) a Sceptile with false swipe.
but Sceptile learns it at a high level (like 50-60) so unless he is your starter, you probably won't have itThats what I do.But I caught Shucle with one ultra ball before it hit.But he is half rock so it isn't that efficetive.

Samus Aran
04-13-2004, 11:42 PM
i caught ENTIE!
and SUICUNE!
he's almost purified!

Chiki
04-15-2004, 11:05 PM
Ok, i beat the game.. and i know that if u snag 47 pokemon and catch 2 reports on tv on pokemon attacking humans, you will get a P*DA and it will lead you to Shady Guy....well....

i didn't snag makuhita, and i didnt snag other pokemon...so...

i went back to where the trainers were...and they weren't there, so does this mean i can't get up to shady guy or ho-oh? :eh:

PokemonMaster-Chris
04-16-2004, 12:00 AM
It seems that you can't fight the Shady Guy or HO-OH :susp:

Half a Dollar
04-16-2004, 12:01 AM
Go to the mayros house. You'll find Trudley again. Get his Maku. What other Poke you missin? And you will always have UNLIMITED chances to catch them.

UltimateShadow
04-17-2004, 09:43 AM
Go to the mayros house. You'll find Trudley again. Get his Maku. What other Poke you missin? And you will always have UNLIMITED chances to catch them.
So trainers could be on other places?

~Dragon Trainer Marissa~
04-18-2004, 06:06 PM
I missed Makuhita too, but I just went into the Mayor's house, it's trainer was still there, and I got it. :biggrin:

I have two questions for you:
1) I missed catching Gonzap's Skarmory, too, where can I battle him again?
2) How do you get Shuckle?

Sephiroth
04-18-2004, 08:27 PM
I'm thinking about buying pokemon colloseum, but I have a general difficulty question.

Is it harder than the new FR/LG, or is it actually difficult, such as the original red and blue?

http://www.geocities.com/saiyanhajime/sign.txt

Samus Aran
04-18-2004, 09:21 PM
i'm geussing that it will be challenging
but to what extent i have no clue....

Sephiroth
04-18-2004, 09:56 PM
i'm geussing that it will be challenging
but to what extent i have no clue....

OK, thanks.

By the way, the link in your sig is broken, what is it?

Samus Aran
04-18-2004, 10:52 PM
its still works

click it!

Crummie
04-19-2004, 12:14 AM
OMG!!!!111!!!11one!!

I'm about to give up!

I'm on the colosseum battle at the Realgam tower. I must have already tried it like 8 times.
I mean, I can't catch all six of those pokemon without dying and saving.

Help me!!!

Sephiroth
04-19-2004, 12:54 AM
its still works

click it!

Nope, still don't work, you try it.

Kento Kasha
04-19-2004, 01:09 AM
Ok, I'm kind of in a dilemma here. I've missed one Pokemon, the Dunsparce of Riser Sosh's back in Pyrite Cave. Some info on this please?

Also, when it gets down to taking down Entei enough, I can do that, but no matter what Pokeball I use (tried Pokeballs, Great Balls, Ultra Balls, and the other couple variations that recently become available). Then when I try to chip down it's healt just a little bit more, it faints and I have to restart the battle. Help please?

Chiki
04-21-2004, 01:36 AM
These are the Pokemon i haven't snagged:

Gligar
Stantler
Sneasel
Piloswine
Murkrow
Delibird

I've beaten the game (beat Evice)....
Can i still snag these pokemon? :eh:

Sixto
04-22-2004, 10:17 PM
I need help on finding the Snagem Leader for the second time. The Guide at Serebii.net says to go the the main room and defeat him and pick up the U-Disk, but I can't find it. Can someone please help?

Jirachi
04-24-2004, 05:25 AM
Does anyone know where do I get Remoid(From Hunter Doken)again?I didn't get him the first time.

UltimateShadow
04-25-2004, 07:53 AM
Does anyone know where do I get Remoid(From Hunter Doken)again?I didn't get him the first time.
Any1 who missed a Shadow Pokémon, find the Guide HERE (http://www.serebii.net/colosseum/2ndpokemon.shtml) from www.serebii.net
Hope i helped you!

Kento Kasha
04-25-2004, 02:18 PM
You certainly did help me, thank you! However, I have some questions on the contents of the guide:

1) According to this, I can catch the Quilava and Croconaw anyway, even though I caught Bayleef at the beginning, correct?

2) What's "Realgam Tower then Deep Colosseum" supposed to mean? I have two more chances to catch it? And the same with the other "then" statements?

3) "Where you beat Mirror B. beating Evice is necessary," what does this mean, exactly?

Sorry to be a pest, but I'd just like to get everything straight so that I can fully complete the game. Thanks for the help in advance.

-KK

RaichuGuardian
04-25-2004, 04:41 PM
For Kento Kasha

1)-Correct

2)-Yeah, I'm pretty sure.

3)-What are you talking about? Trading Pokes from Ru/Sa? Yes, you must beat Evice

Samus Aran
04-25-2004, 07:45 PM
yah
i am almost done with the game!!

Jirachi
04-26-2004, 01:32 AM
Does anyone know how to catch Tyarnityer(Sp?)easily without the master ball?Since he is half rock my plan won't won't work.Same thing gos for Metagross.He is half steel so my plan won't work again.

RaichuGuardian
04-26-2004, 02:39 AM
Why aren't you using your Matsterball against Tyrannitar? That's the easiest way to do it. But I caught Metagross by confusing and paralyzing him.

Samus Aran
04-26-2004, 07:17 PM
yah thats my plan
i'll eventually get metagross!

Nefarious
04-26-2004, 08:30 PM
Anyone know if you can get Metagross again in the game? I missed the first chance because I accidentally defeated him.

RaichuGuardian
04-26-2004, 10:45 PM
I don't think so, but I don't know.

Grand Duke
04-26-2004, 11:56 PM
Anyone know if you can get Metagross again in the game? I missed the first chance because I accidentally defeated him.

After missing Metagross but cathing Tyratitar I never went back to Realgam Twr. but maybe you can go back to the top and start the challenge all over there.

Nefarious
05-01-2004, 07:37 PM
I went back to realgam tower and metagross is available again. But I failed to catch it again. I hope I catch it this time.

Samus Aran
05-01-2004, 08:21 PM
yah
i found that in those fights befor nascor, you can loose and keep going bak to catch all of the shadow pokemon

Nefarious
05-11-2004, 05:18 PM
I caught metagross, but now colosseum is boring. I don't feel like purinfying all those darn pokemon. What is the benefit of it? The next pokemon game for gamecube will hopefully be longer and more exciting.

Sephiroth
05-11-2004, 09:28 PM
I caught metagross, but now colosseum is boring. I don't feel like purinfying all those darn pokemon. What is the benefit of it? The next pokemon game for gamecube will hopefully be longer and more exciting.

You can't traade un-purified to ruby/saphire fr/lg.

You can't get Ho-oh till all 48 are purified.

Nefarious
05-12-2004, 01:53 PM
I did n't say anything about trading or getting Ho-Oh, I am just saying that coloseum gets boring after a while if you try purifying all the pokemon. Nothing much will happen once you purify all the pokemon.

Snufje
05-18-2004, 11:24 AM
Hello.
I haven't been to these forums for quite some time (I guess 3-4 months) but Colosseum has once again captured my interest in pokemon =) It's just so fun and addictive :)

But the reason for me posting here is: On gamefaqs it says: Capture Skarmory by snagging it from Gonzap in the Snagem hideout.
I just finished the 'they are rebuilding the big snag machine' quest, which took me to the hideout for the 2nd time, but I didn't see Gonzap around anywhere :O
Anybody have any idea?

BTW I noticed this question being asked 2 or 3 times already but nobody bothered to answer it so I hope that it will this time :)

Thanks in advance.

Ok I found it :)
He's in the room with tables and couches which looks like it wasn't blown up and where, the 1st time you enter the hideout, there only is a treasure chest.
If you defeat him you will get another e-mail eventually and you can move on :)
Got all mons now and gonna purify them :O

pokemonman
05-20-2004, 07:03 PM
I'm not sure if this question has already been asked but...

I have been to the fortune teller and she tells me to go to the colluseum, and win. I went to phenac city and beet the 4 trainers, then I went back to the fortune teller...she said the same thing! so I went to the construction site...and the collusuem there wasn't built yet! So then I decided to go to the challange in pyrite town and it just says they are in the middle of a competition.

Please help me I don't know where to go!!! :confused: :sad:

Snufje
05-23-2004, 11:56 AM
How did you guys purify your mons?
I'm just rubbing them all in with vivid scents, I think it's the fastest way but if anybody has any ideas it would be nice :)