PDA

View Full Version : Are you adopted?

Flammenwerfer
11-29-2007, 01:02 AM
If you are, it sucks at some times but is ok. I for one am, and if you think this thread is too personal, then don't post.

Charbok
11-29-2007, 01:04 AM
I'm not.
My girlfriend is, and her parents are missing souls. That's why she hates it.

Ranma
11-29-2007, 01:05 AM
Im not adopted. Word

Flammenwerfer
11-29-2007, 01:07 AM
I don't even know my real mom or dad or even if I have biological siblings. :(

Frozen_Mystic
11-29-2007, 01:08 AM
They say I'm not adopted, and I have seen a birth certificate, but judging the fact that I am nothing like my parents, I often wonder if I really was adopted. But for now, I'll say no.

Shadow Eevee
11-29-2007, 01:10 AM
I'm not adopted, but I know a few people who are. They meld right into their parents.

rufus6june
11-29-2007, 01:23 AM
No. I really wouldn't want to be, I bet it would stink, but it would be ok.

The Jr Trainer
11-29-2007, 01:34 AM
Nope, I'm not. ^^ I know multiple people that are though.

~Jr

Llama Commando
11-29-2007, 01:45 AM
No, that would be pretty hard.

Caecity
11-29-2007, 01:51 AM
I'm am it really stinks not knowing wo your real parents are..:[ , but hey I'm happy better this life ten a drunkie life with always drunk parents. That's how I cheer myself up.

Nitro
11-29-2007, 03:33 AM
I'm not, but I know someone who is.

Jack of Clovers
11-29-2007, 05:56 AM
I don't even know my real mom or dad or even if I have biological siblings. :(

Adoptions can be tough on the adoptee, especially about who his/her birthparents are. Just know that while your family may not be your birthparents, they are the ones that take care of you everyday and you shouldn't love them any less.

~Jack~

Shen
11-29-2007, 05:59 AM
I'm not adopted. However, I'm sure that my brother is...as are a few other people :susp:. My mom has even doubted whether he was adopted or not xD

Emily
11-29-2007, 06:58 AM
Nope, but one of my close friends is.

Gold Groudon
11-29-2007, 07:47 AM
Adoptions can be tough on the adoptee, especially about who his/her birthparents are. Just know that while your family may not be your birthparents, they are the ones that take care of you everyday and you shouldn't love them any less.

~Jack~

You see, this is why mods are mods, they are understanding and caring to everyone with any matter, and they know how to help people with their problems. That is also why Neo and Jack are both so popular among the 'peeps'.

Oh, I am not adopted but my sister was kinda, my dad is actually her step dad and he adopted her to have his name. Oh and my parents are still together so that just helps fill you in.

Hazmat
11-29-2007, 11:14 AM
Wow, I am suprised to see the number of adopted people on this forum.

I am adopted as well, but many people who aren't close to me never realize that.

I don't look much different from my parents, I guess. Just that my hair's a little lighter and stuff.

I guess I just look like a kid who didn't get any of the family traits.

My parents adopted me from an orphanage when I was little, and I know very little about my biological parents.

I admit, it's wierd not knowing your parents, but you get used to it with time.

I'm just glad that I was able to find a home, unlike many orphans who stills suffer today.

~Jack~

That brigtened my day. Thanks. =]]

Elrond
11-29-2007, 07:45 PM
I'm not adopted myself, but I've got three siblings who have been officially adopted, and we're taking care of another boy, who may or may not be adopted in the future. By that, I mean that he's old enough to make the decision whether to be officially adopted, or to stay with us until he's eighteen, and then be able to go off on his own and not have to be legally bound to our family in any way. If he does choose to be adopted, I know our family would be glad to have him.

Aside from my family, one of my Mom's sisters has four adopted children and four of her own biological children. One of her brothers also adopted three children from the Phillipines. My extended family is huge, in case anyone was wondering :)

Jazza
11-29-2007, 08:11 PM
My mum works with kids who need adopting, and they often come over to my house. I get used to it, so it's almost like i had adopted siblings.

I'm not adopted myself, as i've seen baby photos of me, and a birth certificate. I still wonder, though...

Gamedude
11-29-2007, 08:48 PM
some days I feel like I am!:hungry:

The_Seventieth_Evil
11-29-2007, 09:13 PM
some days I feel like I am!:hungry:

Yea, wishing to have been adopted should have been an option. Like the saying goes,

"Friends are God's way of apologizing for family."

eb90
11-29-2007, 09:17 PM
I am not adopted
Infact, I\m a spitting image o my father.

MagmarMan
11-29-2007, 09:48 PM
I'm not but one of my really good friends is. He's cool with it.

Hatchet
11-29-2007, 09:54 PM
No, and if I told someone I was, they'd never belive it. I look like my mom.

iChaos
11-29-2007, 10:37 PM
I'm not adopted, but me brother's dad died and now he lives with my dad. We both have the same mom. So No not adopted I wish. But my friend is.

~Tyson

Stubby Boardman
11-29-2007, 10:39 PM
nope im not :)

Professor Geoffrey
11-29-2007, 10:44 PM
No. But my parents have brothers that were adopted. Well, my mom's brother is really her half-brother, but... he was under his father's custody, he gave him up, and his mother's husband adopted him. Not many details on my dad's brother...

Bryce
11-30-2007, 03:15 AM
Well, no i'm not, but i feel for those of you that are...
i imagine that it is hard to live your whole life without knowing your true parents (except, it could have been a good thing that you were taken from them: abuse, drugs, etc.)

Adoptive parents presumably take on that role (but obviously with better intentions & actions)

^o^

RawrIsMyMiddleName
11-30-2007, 03:19 AM
Nope, me parents love mee. <3 I look like me mum, and me father and I have the same eyes and hair. We're all smart, I guess, and are hard thinkers. Me brother is almost the same, too.

Noob of All Noobs

Bulletangel
11-30-2007, 03:56 AM
Nope, me parents love mee. <3 I look like me mum, and me father and I have the same eyes and hair. We're all smart, I guess, and are hard thinkers. Me brother is almost the same, too.

Noob of All Noobs

Fair enough quote, but you have to understand that people who are adopted do not neccesarily have parents that didnt love them. In fact, more than likely, every adpoted child has biological parents out there who do still love them and are missing them as days go by. They may have put their children up for adopition simply because they did not have the means to support them, or wanted their children to live a better life than they did, in a better environment.

Some children who are adopted did have a loving family but they were tragically lost without any close relatives to take care. It's not about whether their parents loved them or not, its about the circumstance they were under.

I myself am not adopted, and I have no knowledge of adopted children who are my freinds. But it does happen, and not because their parents before them did not have any affection for them. If a parent didnt love a child, there is something called abortion. They would not go through the pain and suffering of pregancy if they didnt love them. They cared, no doubt. Every mother cares for her child.

Stardy
11-30-2007, 10:06 AM
I am not adopted, I would not like to either.

earth_type_rule
11-30-2007, 10:41 AM
I'm not adopted.

Ketamine
11-30-2007, 10:44 AM
I am not adopted, but sometimes I think I am -_-.

TeirusuFX
11-30-2007, 07:11 PM
No, but I wish I was

♪LoaferBoyzX♪

http://www.pokecharms.com/trainercards/cards/19112007/90e4d5b6040ab3972e35013fbe14f111.png

Click the Pokeball...http://www.pokeplushies.com/images/adoptables/37273.gif (http://www.pokeplushies.com/adoptables.php?act=rarecandy&id=37273)...to give it free graffiti!

Hazmat
12-01-2007, 01:21 AM
Fair enough quote, but you have to understand that people who are adopted do not neccesarily have parents that didnt love them. In fact, more than likely, every adpoted child has biological parents out there who do still love them and are missing them as days go by. They may have put their children up for adopition simply because they did not have the means to support them, or wanted their children to live a better life than they did, in a better environment.

Some children who are adopted did have a loving family but they were tragically lost without any close relatives to take care. It's not about whether their parents loved them or not, its about the circumstance they were under.

I myself am not adopted, and I have no knowledge of adopted children who are my freinds. But it does happen, and not because their parents before them did not have any affection for them. If a parent didnt love a child, there is something called abortion. They would not go through the pain and suffering of pregancy if they didnt love them. They cared, no doubt. Every mother cares for her child.

Thanks, Bullet.

Glad at least someone understands.

And LBZ, you shouldn't wish that you were.

I find that rather upsetting, that someone would actually want to not know their real parents.

Linoone
12-01-2007, 01:23 AM
Thanks, Bullet.

Glad at least someone understands.

And LBZ, you shouldn't wish that you were.

I find that rather upsetting, that someone would actually want to not know their real parents.

Well people that are adopted don't have to not know there parents. The parents could give them away when they are atleast 5 or older and stuff. And maybe LBZ hates his parents.

I am not adopted, but sometimes my mom plays around says she isn't my real mom.

Drift
12-01-2007, 01:29 AM
I'm not adopted, nor do I sometimes wonder if I am.
In the future I'd like to adopt, though.
I think the act of adopting a child shows that there is still some sort of compassion in the human heart, and I look at it as a positive thing.

Shozuka
12-01-2007, 01:39 AM
It's shocking to see the number of adopted children. I am not adopted, nor do I want to. I feel for you guys who are adopted. I hope you have a good life. :)

Jack of Clovers
12-01-2007, 07:29 AM
You see, this is why mods are mods, they are understanding and caring to everyone with any matter, and they know how to help people with their problems. That is also why Neo and Jack are both so popular among the 'peeps'.
I'm popular? :tongue:

Oo, nice response.
Well, it's more about closure. Finding out who you are and where your roots come from. It's also nice to find your parents so you know about any medical history, that may be passed down through genes.

~Jack~

The Jr Trainer
12-01-2007, 07:32 AM
I am not adopted, but sometimes I think I am -_-.
I think that everday. :tongue3:

~Jr

HorrorScope
12-01-2007, 01:55 PM
Nope, im not adopted. But a friend/enemy (Yes, that's what I said) is. He finds it fine though.

Hazmat
12-01-2007, 04:50 PM
Well people that are adopted don't have to not know there parents. The parents could give them away when they are atleast 5 or older and stuff. And maybe LBZ hates his parents.

I am not adopted, but sometimes my mom plays around says she isn't my real mom.

I know that, but either way, it's not very good.

I'm not saying that I dislike being adopted, it's just that it can be hard sometimes, that's all.

And Drift, I agree.

Being adopted, I respect my parents for their descision, and I'd like to do the same one day.

=]]