PDA

View Full Version : Christmas Traditions?

RonRaygunX3
12-02-2007, 02:18 AM
What are some of your familys "special" traditions you have at Christmas time?

For me it would have be that we always drive around in le' car and look at all the neighbors Christmas lights on Christmas eve. Also we always go to the park for some reason on Christmas and play football/frisbee.

Discuss your familys traditions here!? :O

Chromatic Alchemist
12-02-2007, 05:29 AM
I only look at other peoples lights ALL around town, while wearing a Santa/Elf hat. Embarrassing, but still VERY fun to do!^ ^

Emily
12-02-2007, 05:49 AM
On Christmas Eve, my parents and I go look at purdy lights, and then on Christmas the entire family gathers at our house for a Christmas lunch. ^_^

Sixto
12-02-2007, 06:11 AM
We used to look at the lights when I was younger, but I guess I grew out of it. A tradition we still have is Secret Santa. All my family (Mexicans have big families) went to my parents' house today so we could pick out names from a mariachi hat. :tongue3: Another one would be the christmas tree. Even though I don't live with my parents anymore, I still go over and decorate the tree with all my siblings. (2 lol)

Ultima Boss
12-02-2007, 06:26 AM
Enjoy a vacation from work or, for my case, school; just another day for us.

Jazza
12-02-2007, 08:35 AM
Well, every year on Christmas Eve 10:00pm at night, no sooner, me and my little sis get to open a present. ONE PRESENT, and it must be a present from our family. "Santa's" presents arrive the day after, XP.

Callum
12-02-2007, 08:48 AM
[COLOR="Navy"]We used to look at the lights when I was younger, but I guess I grew out of it.COLOR]

So did we. There's this area near my house that is pretty famous for having lights down every road. It was pretty cool. I haven't been in 3 years or so though.

Also a Santa comes round the roads in a Sleigh pulled by a car (Car<Reindeer), which I usually take my younger cousins to go see. :tongue:

The Jr Trainer
12-02-2007, 09:04 AM
Every year my parent take, er, drag me and my sister to a light show they have around my area. Its the boringest thing ever for me. I usually just bring my iPod or something though. hehehe.

The night before my sister, mom, dad and I open one present just so we don't get too excited. :wink:

On the day of I go to my cousins/realitives house(s) and we play this game were everyone buys a ten dollar gift (inadvance :P) and rap them and such, we put them in the middle of a room and then pick a name out of the hat, the person takes a present from the middle unraps it, then another person is picked from the hat and they can take a present from the middle or take the opened present. It goes on and on like that, gets pretty competitive in the end you know all those good ten dollar gifts. :wink:

Thats all I can thing of at 3am. -_-

~Jr

Stinky
12-02-2007, 11:31 AM
Well, my parents like to watch some of their old Christmas movies on Christmas Eve, and I usually get dragged into watching them with them. We also read "The Night Before Christmas" before bed, and afterwards "Santa" goes to work.

Stardy
12-02-2007, 11:43 AM
Its like the law for a prawn cacktail everyday for 7 days after XMas till New Year for my family.

I hate prawns aswell =P.

eb90
12-02-2007, 01:53 PM
At my house we have all our Family and friends at X-mas eve and party till like 8 in the morning.

Legendary Wolf
12-02-2007, 02:16 PM
We open all our presents on Chritsmas Eve. but at night. Still fun.

alice_the_dratini
12-02-2007, 08:58 PM
We watch 'The Grinch' on Christmas eve and we put our tree up on the day before my birthday (13th December).

Professor Geoffrey
12-02-2007, 09:04 PM
We have several.

-At least one new ornament each year.
-On Christmas Eve, we each open one present.
-We set up the Christmas tree the day after Thanksgiving.
-We put away the Christmas tree the day after New Year's Day.
-While setting/putting away the Christmas tree, we listen to Christmas music.
-We watch Christmas movies and listen to Christmas songs most of the time.
-We drive around to see Christmas lights. ^^

Also, some food traditions:

-We MUST have ham on Christmas Day.
-We pray to Jesus before we eat.
-NEW: My mom makes devilled eggs (on Christmas, Thanksgiving, and Easter).

~Falcon~
12-02-2007, 09:14 PM
we have Mexican food Christmas eve. NO WE ARE NOT WEIRD! DX

Clutch
12-03-2007, 03:43 AM
I go to my Nana and Pop-Pop's (*everyone goes "tee-hee") house for Christmas Eve, and open all the presents they give me, my family, and vice-versa. Oh, and watch football, of course. :cool:

Llama Commando
12-03-2007, 03:54 AM
Well, we also go to a church service on Christmas Eve. Then we beg and plead to open some presents; which sometimes works, and sometimes not. Then the most important tradition (or my most important tradition) is when I stakeout under a table... waiting... watching. Pretty fun.

Blue-
12-04-2007, 03:04 AM
OHMYGODIT'SLIKEYOUALLKNOWME!!! D;<

We decorate our house until it looks like Christmas blew up in it... But, that's not tradition. Anyway, on Christmas eve we usually watch the old black-and-white Scrooge movie (or whatever it's called), and then we go out and look at all the cool lights in town. :D We haven't done that in a few years now though, since it was mostly an 'Iowa tradition'. We also get to open one present.

On Christmas, we all wake up at like six in the morning and open presents, and than we do stuff with them for the rest of the day.

zeke31
12-04-2007, 03:15 AM
My family and I pack up and leave the city as fast as humanly possible. :tongue: We've camped for the last four or five years for Christmas, in our old camper trailer. We set up Christmas lights around the entire campsite and a small tree inside the camper. It's so much fun, I prefer it to any other tradition we've ever had. It's great to sit around the fire and have nothing but the Christmas lights on.

Evvy_18
12-05-2007, 06:37 PM
My family usually goes up to Canada to visit my cousins and grandparents (on my dad's side)

And we always, always always make a gingerbread house. It's huge (because there's a lot of us) and it takes up the entire table (which seats 8). First, we go to the nearest store and buy all our favorite kinds of candy. (there's about 9 of us cousins) Then we go home and design the "layout" of the gingerbread house.

Last year it was a ranch, with fields of horses, sheep, and pigs made out of licorace and marshmellows. There was a barn, a house and a silo. The windows are made of carmel, and icing is used to piece the gingerbread together. The entire project takes about a week, but it's awesome. Fences are made out of chocolate, and grass/snow is made out of sugar.

On Christmas day, after opening our presents, and eating a small lunch, we're allowed to eat any pieces of the gingerbread house we want. The house usually lasts for several days. After it's all gone, we go home. Sometimes we eat it slow just to stay longer.