PDA

View Full Version : What is this world coming to?!

Light Manaphy
12-05-2007, 03:02 AM
Don't you ever feel like something, like a TV show or a video game or something else, is just way too bizzare, stupid, retarded, horrid, or any other negative adjective and makes you want to say, "WHAT IS THIS WORLD COMING TO?!?"

To be honest, I've said this many times lately, and I'm usually not one to complain a lot.

I won't show any examples of my times because I might get banned.

DO NOT START FLAME WARS. JUST DISCUSS, AND IF THIS SHOULD BE LOCKED, THEN BY ALL MEANS LOCK THIS THREAD.

3DG3
12-05-2007, 03:23 AM
Well, browsing through forums I saw this pop up. One thing that makes me sick about our world, and our generation for that matter, is MTV. Honestly, what in the hell is wrong with it? All those music videos of pure sleeziness, lyrics about doing anything (even murder) to get as much money as you can, and all the TV Shows make me want to puke.

Anyone else agree?

Snow Fairy Sugar
12-05-2007, 03:55 AM
Whenever I log on to some news website and the top story is the battle for US presidential Elections.

But the last time I said it was rather recently, when Christiano Ronaldo of Man U was sent off unfairly{In a EPL match against Fulham} and he was going to score his third goal in a row. =[

Ultima Boss
12-05-2007, 04:03 AM
For starters, a good amount of Myspace bulletins people make me question their judgment. With that, some people share way too much about themselves via blogs, albums, and layouts; not all of us want to know just how wasted you got over the weekend and/or how many girls you picked up over the course of time. There are respectable bloggers out there, just a good amount of them need to reevaluate themselves before sharing to the world their guilty pleasures. I know this isn't limited to just Myspace, but I see this the most on there.

MTV needs to stay MUSIC Television, not RTV (Reality Television), like back in the day. Of course, I liked Beavis and Butthead evolving from being music video commentators into an actual show.

I've almost taken away almost any benefit-of-the-doubt for what Gamespot has turned into, seemingly biased toward FPS and major titles. I understand that the majority wants such genres rated, but they need a balance to satisfy their further hardcore audience, at least myself :P, in my opinion. IGN seems to remain loyal, for the most part; I question some of their reviewers from time-to-time.

I have others, but those three separate thoughts pretty much sum everything else I'll ever say.

Drift
12-05-2007, 11:11 AM
Don't even get me started on those modeling shows. Don't even.
What bothers me SO much is the stereotypical beautiful woman.
It's so... well, stupid. It's not really what a woman should look like. People need to take a second look at 'beauty' and what it really is, and see that not all women should have to fit to the conformities that our society creates for us.
It just bothers me to the ends of the earth. That's what makes me say "What is the world coming to?"

Stardy
12-05-2007, 11:53 AM
Oh for f***s sake, dont get me started on cartoons.

They used to be good and original (Dexters Lab, Ed Ed and Eddy, even Spongebob was brill), but now they have.... My gym partners a monkey? Skunk Fu? WTFH is WRONG!

Plus, MTV needs to move the Reality shows to VH1 or something, then they are fine.

It's so... well, stupid. It's not really what a woman should look like. People need to take a second look at 'beauty' and what it really is, and see that not all women should have to fit to the conformities that our society creates for us.
It just bothers me to the ends of the earth. That's what makes me say "What is the world coming to?"
Took the words out of my mouth, they all think "Size Minus 2, YAY!"
They look DISGUSTINGLY thin, have they heard of a thing called "Food"?
Somebody needs to tell them that instead of encoureging it.

Hazmat
12-05-2007, 12:43 PM
They used to be good and original (Dexters Lab, Ed Ed and Eddy, even Spongebob was brill), but now they have.... My gym partners a monkey? Skunk Fu? WTFH is WRONG!

No offense in any way, but I even find the ones you mentioned as "good and original" to be rather... blah.

I guess it's because I'm older, though.

I mean, I miss the days when the most violence you'd see on TV was Tom and Jerry.

And the days when Captain Planet had his glory - why are they gone now?

I think we need him now more than ever.

When it comes to music, however, I have an even stronger opinion.

People say that only adults have a distaste for modern-day music, but that doesn't apply here.

Rap/Hip-hop has completely destroyed the music world as we knew it.

I mean, the topics that are dicussed are completely unthinkable in my mind.

You go to a club and see women having a blast dancing to music that is referring to them as "hoes," "whores" and whatnot.

I never listen to rap, but when someone made me listen to one the other day, and they literally rhymed the word "b*tch-ass" with "b*tch-ass"

My face - 0__o

Stardy
12-05-2007, 12:51 PM
No offense in any way, but I even find the ones you mentioned as "good and original" to be rather... blah.

I guess it's because I'm older, though.

I mean, I miss the days when the most violence you'd see on TV was Tom and Jerry.

And the days when Captain Planet had his glory - why are they gone now?

I think we need him now more than ever.

When it comes to music, however, I have an even stronger opinion.

People say that only adults have a distaste for modern-day music, but that doesn't apply here.

Rap/Hip-hop has completely destroyed the music world as we knew it.

I mean, the topics that are dicussed are completely unthinkable in my mind.

You go to a club and see women having a blast dancing to music that is referring to them as "hoes," "whores" and whatnot.

I never listen to rap, but when someone made me listen to one the other day, and they literally rhymed the word "b*tch-ass" with "b*tch-ass"

My face - 0__o
They where crap, I know (apart from Dexter, he was minted, there where much better cartoons than them though, they where just examples of how crap newer ones are though, plus I put T&J anyway, didn't I?

*goes to check*

Captain Planet was a real show oO
I thought he was in a random video spread on the internet via youtube o_o

Neo Emolga
12-05-2007, 02:15 PM
The employment situation is what really sets me off. Outsourcing drives me crazy, the human resources departments seem like they fool around with a lot of people looking for jobs, and I can't tell you how many times I've been on a interview to discover its NOT a job position. I get all dressed up, travel long distances, get there early and come ready to present myself only to find out there is no job, and then I get expensive courses that aren't even certified sold to me at a few thousand bucks a pop. This has happened to me FOUR times, and one time I almost fell for it, but thank God I pulled myself out of it when I did. I swear, it should be illegal to do this, and you should be allowed to sue if they do it.

Meanwhile, in the end, I still don't have a job. Monster and Careerbuilder are total CRAP, don't even waste your time with them if you're stuck in the same hole as I am. And if someone tries to sell you courses while on an interview, reject them. If you're really going to shoot for certifications, do it at an accredited institute. Otherwise you're wasting your time and a LOT of money.

---

As for rap music, I agree with people, a lot of it is disgusting. The only rap group I listen to and like is Gorillaz, and I'd say their stuff is extremely clean compared to a lot of the other junk out there.

earth_type_rule
12-05-2007, 02:42 PM
Nothing. If I see, hear or get something bizzare, stupid or whatever, I just laugh and point at it. I can care less what's on TV. There is a button on it for a reason, you know.

Drift
12-05-2007, 06:44 PM

Ha, atleast someone agrees. xD
You know, more and more people are saying that now. So maybe it will change. I mean the whole "thin is in" thing didn't actually become popular until the 1960's. I mean remember Marilyn Monroe? SHE was a model, and she wasn't exactly what you would say "skinny".
We need to go back to that.

Oh, and for the record, the show that makes me SICK because it really emphasizes "be a size 2 or die" is Janice Dickinson's Modeling Agency.

Barf.

Oxygen
12-05-2007, 06:56 PM
Whenever I log on to some news website and the top story is the battle for US presidential Elections.

But the last time I said it was rather recently, when Christiano Ronaldo of Man U was sent off unfairly{In a EPL match against Fulham} and he was going to score his third goal in a row. =[

I know. He shouldn't of. I support Man U, and I think he's the best.

MustangGT
12-05-2007, 07:06 PM

Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder. As far as I'm concerned, and forgive me for making this 99% true stereotype, all those models are s l u t s.

Something I learned last week really came up and bit me, the older seasons of Sesame Street are now "unacceptable" for todays todlers. What ever happened to "Sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never hurt" I mean, kids have no spines anymore. Call a kid a butt, runs home, gets mom, and your screwed. Fighting is 100% illegal now. Throw a punch that is very deserved, you'll go to jail. This country has many good things, but they just continue to shelter us.

Oh, and cartoons. Jesus F*cking Christ. I remember dragon ball Z. Gundam Wing. To name a couple. Now, the most violence you will find is...a monkey in a gym who threw a banana. It makes me so _______ sick!

Ranma
12-05-2007, 07:52 PM
I hate the school limiting my rights. Now if someone was trying to kill me I couldn't even punch them. I would get a 300$ fine for saving my life. =P

I agree with the **** on models. Half of them are idiots.

Neo Emolga
12-05-2007, 08:03 PM
Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder. As far as I'm concerned, and forgive me for making this 99% true stereotype, all those models are s l u t s.

Something I learned last week really came up and bit me, the older seasons of Sesame Street are now "unacceptable" for todays todlers. What ever happened to "Sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never hurt" I mean, kids have no spines anymore. Call a kid a butt, runs home, gets mom, and your screwed. Fighting is 100% illegal now. Throw a punch that is very deserved, you'll go to jail. This country has many good things, but they just continue to shelter us.

Oh, and cartoons. Jesus F*cking Christ. I remember dragon ball Z. Gundam Wing. To name a couple. Now, the most violence you will find is...a monkey in a gym who threw a banana. It makes me so _______ sick!

Cartoons today are dead. We're looking at youth totally locked in emanation, and that's going to be hell on them when they grow up and realize the world isn't so pretty and nice when they grow up. Heck, I remember the cartoons I watched actually had blood in them as well as plenty of death in them too (Though you wouldn't see these on TV though). Watch The Secret of NIMH or Watership Down and you'll see exactly what I'm talking about.

But yeah, like you said, kids now are too sensitive.

earth_type_rule
12-05-2007, 08:11 PM
Cartoons today are dead. We're looking at youth totally locked in emanation, and that's going to be hell on them when they grow up and realize the world isn't so pretty and nice when they grow up. Heck, I remember the cartoons I watched actually had blood in them as well as plenty of death in them too (Though you wouldn't see these on TV though). Watch The Secret of NIMH or Watership Down and you'll see exactly what I'm talking about.

True. If it contains blood, it's banned from TV. Well, atleast in our place. :[

DragoniteMistress
12-05-2007, 08:11 PM
Oh for f***s sake, dont get me started on cartoons.

Plus, MTV needs to move the Reality shows to VH1 or something, then they are fine.

The 90s cartoons weren't the best, but it's only a 10-year difference, 5-year in some cases, which isn't a significant time range. Dexter's Lab and the like have all had their random stupidity, which I'm sure the early 80s children would have been bashing when comparing to their cartoons they grew up with. The original 60s Scooby Doo or the Flintstones would have been a better example, the Boomerang cartoons.

However, as Drift already said the stereotypical beautiful women these days aren't even beautiful, most of them don't appear as if they could handle the birth of even a premature child with their hips so narrow, and the stick-figure is for men, women need their curves, their plush, it's all things associated with the good things in life for the female sex - birth, lust, motherhood - and many women are denying themselves of being physically capable for such joys so that they can "feel good about themselves".

The fast food organizations have been getting under my skin, and I'm proud to say I haven't as much as stepped foot inside a McDonalds or fast food restaurant in over two years, and not only feel better emotionally, but I've been noticing how I'm the strongest and most physically apt in my physical education classes.

Professor Geoffrey
12-05-2007, 08:18 PM

"Me three" on this. Now, it's all about sharing and caring. Cartoons weren't like that back then. The cartoons back then were awesome, even Pokemon is being effected in this process. "Aipom, I need that Starly to find Pikachu, so I need your help!" sounds a lot like Dora the Explorer. No, children my sister's age watched violence such as Buggs Bunny, even I did, and saw Daffy Duck get shot by Elmer Fudd. And my sister is five! Now, they think those kinds of cartoons are making children think they should do that, too, and shoot everyone down. Actually, I could be right by saying all that shooting and stuff was maybe because of lack of this. Sounds weird, doesn't it?

Now, instead of Buggs Bunny, Tom and Jerry, and even the Flintsones, we have stuff like Chowder, Dora, and my Gym Partner's a Monkey.

Also, falling under the "What is this world coming to?" catergory, politics. some of the presidential candidates are thinking weirdly, like Hilary Clinton. A nutjob in the making. Oops, sorry, my mistake. She is one already. XP

Happy Birthday Hakken!

DragoniteMistress
12-05-2007, 08:23 PM
Violence in cartoons and video games is ineffective, if not a stress reliever to children. What people are paid to say nowadays only goes to prove that the reformers of the late 1800s/early 1900s did absolutely nothing going out of their way to prevent corruption and lies to our public, for the "public interest".

A year ago, people were ranting how games such as Grand Theft Auto make children more prone to violence and make them want to pick up guns and shoot people, and overall cause crimes. Unfortunately, this thought went on for god knows how long, so the cartoons and all things associated with youth have been made more "child appropriate", several months ago, on the news there had been a report how violent video games now relieve stress. So really, don't listen to anything you hear, for most of the time it's just yellow journalism or paid lies. Believe what you want to believe, since our media is no longer trustworthy.

I hope I haven't strayed too far from the topic, but overall, we're really just one mass civilization of corruption.

Drift
12-05-2007, 09:06 PM

Yeah, The Secret of NIMH was crazy. I watched that when I was little.
Even simple things like Pinocchio and Dumbo would be considered 'bad'. They always used to use alcohol and cigarettes in old Disney films, but of course they're not allowed anymore.
I think they made the film more interesting. I wouldn't be able to live without the pink elephants scene in Dumbo... xD
I think if you have a problem with it, just don't let your kids watch it. They shouldn't be changing it all and punishing everyone.

However, as Drift already said the stereotypical beautiful women these days aren't even beautiful, most of them don't appear as if they could handle the birth of even a premature child with their hips so narrow, and the stick-figure is for men, women need their curves, their plush, it's all things associated with the good things in life for the female sex - birth, lust, motherhood - and many women are denying themselves of being physically capable for such joys so that they can "feel good about themselves".

You yanked the words right out of my mouth. :eek:
Mind if I quote you somewhere...? XD

DragoniteMistress
12-05-2007, 09:16 PM
I don't mind xD

It also gets on my nerves how many people - ignore me using this overly-used phrase - seem to "walk the walk", but are incapable of "talking the talk". I'm the type of person where if I have an interest, I thoroughly research it, it could just be me, but I've always found it to be best to actually know and understand the background of an interest before flaunting around claiming I support something. A better way to put it would be if someone said they supported a certain political house just because so-and-so does, when their true moral beliefs would be best with another political house. I'm huge into indiviuality, and I just feel that America has become too dependent for its own good. It's almost like... say we're a 1 ton block, propped up by a dozen metal poles. We've become so dependent on them that if one of them were yanked out, then we'd just collapse, in a way, it's much like the Iraq war.

Independence and knowledge are two things that I obsess over.

pokemaster1111
12-05-2007, 09:30 PM
Lol, you guys are just hilarious. But alot of things fall into the "what is this world coming to?!" category. I just can't stand it anymore either. One prime example is the fact that any person these days would do ANYTHING for their own satisfaction. Like all those s and stuff[that football player especially] are not necessary. My mom told me a while back that in the '70s, you could go to sleep at night safely without locking the door or windows. Now...Anything can happen. All the new shows are almost basically pointless, as someone explained before, "My Gym Partner's A Monkey". Lol, that just makes me laugh at how pointless it is. But life before like '03 was the best....I really wish time could reverse itself and go to it's prime state during the late '70s - '03.

-Alonzo

Linoone
12-05-2007, 09:41 PM
On those retarted commercials for girls with those babie toys and stuff...they pee. It is really giving kids a bad impression.

DragoniteMistress
12-05-2007, 09:44 PM
On those retarted commercials for girls with those babie toys and stuff...they pee. It is really giving kids a bad impression.

How? The purpose of baby dolls is to help girls develop a nurturing nature for children.

Seawolf
12-05-2007, 10:28 PM
As for rap music, I agree with people, a lot of it is disgusting. The only rap group I listen to and like is Gorillaz, and I'd say their stuff is extremely clean compared to a lot of the other junk out there.

Totally, although I'd say the Gorillaz aren't exactly pure rap. :oops:

As for me, this makes me want to punch humanity right in its gut.

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a124/boysofsheahem/blog%20graphics/boxshot_uk_large.jpg

It's worse than American television. I'm sorry, but that's just humiliating. I saw this series in a Gamestop the other day, and I nearly started weeping right there and then.

Ultima Boss
12-05-2007, 10:33 PM
I almost forgot some really important aspect of life that need to be addressed:

Political Correctness
I understand that we need to respect our fellow man's feelings, but that doesn't mean that we should censor the truth. Rather, enforce ESRBs and MPAA ratings to one's end and let creators share their imagination to their desired audience. As a good amount of you have said, this has been demonstrated in cartoons and in real life especially. Heck, I've actually experienced of what politically correct people can do. Basically, I said an innuendo as a joke, the girl got offended and reported me to the police rather then confronting me on the issue, and I got more than an in-school suspension; this happened back in high school. To be blunt, I would say this doctrine is more a resort if you refuse to face your problems directly for various reasons.

Now I can truly ask, "what is this world coming to"!?

MustangGT
12-05-2007, 10:38 PM
Totally, although I'd say the Gorillaz aren't exactly pure rap. :oops:

As for me, this makes me want to punch humanity right in its gut.

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a124/boysofsheahem/blog%20graphics/boxshot_uk_large.jpg

It's worse than American television. I'm sorry, but that's just humiliating. I saw this series in a Gamestop the other day, and I nearly started weeping right there and then.

Jesus. Thats...horrible. I dont EVER wanna see that in MY gamestop!

And on the gorrilaz note, theyre like rap rock, just like linkin park, only I prefer Linkin Park.

@ Ultima Boss, I say we do away with the ESRB. Just as of the last 2 years they've added a new category "E-10+"
I find that wrong.

You can see the times changing. When my parents were kids, it was Wile E. Coyote and the Roadrunner, Tom and Jerry and other things like that. Now, its My gym partner is a monkey, Dora the explora, and other gay shows that show the world as a utopia. Life doesn't work like that. The parents are being more and more protective thinking its for the good of the children, but, after the children leave the house, they are going to get a huge culture shock.

(All this from the mind of a teen with old school parents)

DragoniteMistress
12-05-2007, 10:49 PM
Mustang, I can really relate. I've found the only anxiety in my life that really gets to me is my mom being over-protective. I'll be wearing a shirt that comes an inch past my collarbone, and she'll demand for me to change so that I don't get boys trying to "experiment in my pants" as she says.

Really, my mom is my anxiety, hence the reason I've left to my dads for long periods of a time without notice.

A lot of this is just a false sense of protection and safety. If I were ever to adopt (I would never give birth for multiple genetic reasons and behavioral reasons) then I would let my child have freedom, so to speak. No more of that "perfect, safe child" bull.

MustangGT
12-05-2007, 10:52 PM
Mustang, I can really relate. I've found the only anxiety in my life that really gets to me is my mom being over-protective. I'll be wearing a shirt that comes an inch past my collarbone, and she'll demand for me to change so that I don't get boys trying to "experiment in my pants" as she says.

Really, my mom is my anxiety, hence the reason I've left to my dads for long periods of a time without notice.

A lot of this is just a false sense of protection and safety. If I were ever to adopt (I would never give birth for multiple genetic reasons and behavioral reasons) then I would let my child have freedom, so to speak. No more of that "perfect, safe child" bull.

An inch below the collar bone? Some of my t-shirts have bigger neck holes than that! Sounds like you got yourself one very overprotective mom.

Soda
12-05-2007, 10:58 PM
Well, browsing through forums I saw this pop up. One thing that makes me sick about our world, and our generation for that matter, is MTV. Honestly, what in the hell is wrong with it? All those music videos of pure sleeziness, lyrics about doing anything (even murder) to get as much money as you can, and all the TV Shows make me want to puke.

Anyone else agree?

Xcuse me for being "In" Mtv is awsoem, so is the music videos among the other show on it :rolleyes: I assume you mean Rap/and or Fergie, well I love Rap/ and or Fergie
Rap is dirty, it's the genre, turn it off, I mean come on, you do have to deal with some things, but don't really always have to deal with rap.

MustangGT
12-05-2007, 11:05 PM
Xcuse me for being "In" Mtv is awsoem, so is the music videos among the other show on it :rolleyes: I assume you mean Rap/and or Fergie, well I love Rap/ and or Fergie
Rap is dirty, it's the genre, turn it off, I mean come on, you do have to deal with some things, but don't really always have to deal with rap.

Sota, most us don't like rap, but the point is, all MTV has now is Top Model and Shot At Love, and then it's videos are 97% rap. If it was at least 50-50 rock to rap and they stuck just to being MUSICAL television, then we would all be happy.

Soda
12-05-2007, 11:14 PM
Sota, most us don't like rap, but the point is, all MTV has now is Top Model and Shot At Love, and then it's videos are 97% rap. If it was at least 50-50 rock to rap and they stuck just to being MUSICAL television, then we would all be happy.

It has other shows, and I mean like I said you don't have to, watch Vh1 they have rock and all that stuff. Some stuff on Mtv is rock to, like TRL has a lot of rock songs on it.

I also wouldn't agree it's 97% rap either...

MustangGT
12-05-2007, 11:19 PM
It has other shows, and I mean like I said you don't have to, watch Vh1 they have rock and all that stuff. Some stuff on Mtv is rock to, like TRL has a lot of rock songs on it.

I also wouldn't agree it's 97% rap either...

Well, I'm going to be ignorant and say that.

kthxbai

Drift
12-05-2007, 11:22 PM
MTV stands for musical television. That means ALL genres of music. Most of the times when I used to watch it in the mornings, it would be rap. And then they have those brainless shows like The Hills, Real World, and all of that. Is that MUSIC? No.
So MTV aggrivates me, too. And Sota... it really is primarily rap... VH1 is more of an MTV than MTV itself is.

Oh, and rap music makes me sick. It just puts down women.
If I were anything like the women spoken of in any of those "songs" I'd jump off a building.

MustangGT
12-05-2007, 11:25 PM
MTV stands for musical television. That means ALL genres of music. Most of the times when I used to watch it in the mornings, it would be rap. And then they have those brainless shows like The Hills, Real World, and all of that. Is that MUSIC? No.
So MTV aggrivates me, too. And Sota... it really is primarily rap... VH1 is more of an MTV than MTV itself is.

If I were anything like the women spoken of in any of those "songs" I'd jump off a building.

Well said Drift. All the women in those look like slu ts. Cruise down some street downtown in a big city, heck, you may find wh ores dressed in MORE clothes than the women in those videos.

Drift
12-05-2007, 11:31 PM
Well said Drift. All the women in those look like slu ts. Cruise down some street downtown in a big city, heck, you may find wh ores dressed in MORE clothes than the women in those videos.

By the way, here's the other thing, kind of going back to what DM and I were talking about.
There was just a Victoria's Secret commercial on, and those make me sick, too.
And passing by the display window, the manequins are ridiculous.
It really is tainting the brains of guys. They think that all women should look like that. And if they don't, they're ugly.

DragoniteMistress
12-05-2007, 11:32 PM
Mustang, that's something I'd expect from you xD

But yeah, I hate how the aspect that girls and women need to be sexually attractive in order to be attractive at all. It's funny how we're so overprotective of children yet we turn around and are pigs and sleazy who*es at other times.

I think America has the bipolar disorder.

Drift
12-05-2007, 11:37 PM

But yeah, I hate how the aspect that girls and women need to be sexually attractive in order to be attractive at all. It's funny how we're so overprotective of children yet we turn around and are pigs and sleazy who*es at other times.

This is why I love those new Dove commercials, and even that one Fruit of the Loom (I think) commercial.
They show REAL women. Those REAL women are their models, and I think they look great!
Seriously, look up those commercials on YouTube and watch them... I mean, they look great, and they're average women who look like what we're supposed to look like.

Seriously, we need to have another Renaissance. Because back then in that time period, normal "curvey" women were the quintessence of beauty. Now I'll show you what it is now:

|

That's it. What women are expected to look like. Right there. That's beauty for you.
Doesn't seem right, does it?

(Seriously, I rant about this subject all the time. I can go on for days.)

DragoniteMistress
12-05-2007, 11:47 PM
Drift, you could start a whole new thread xD

But yeah, after watching the Fruit of the Loom commercials several times, that's when I finally realized that the women weren't models, honestly. I remember quite a few of them looked beautiful, and weren't stick thin, they were averaged-sized for women. Whatever started the thought that women should be smaller than men was really mentally disturbed.

Drift
12-05-2007, 11:50 PM
Drift, you could start a whole new thread xD

But yeah, after watching the Fruit of the Loom commercials several times, that's when I finally realized that the women weren't models, honestly. I remember quite a few of them looked beautiful, and weren't stick thin, they were averaged-sized for women. Whatever started the thought that women should be smaller than men was really mentally disturbed.

Even the world of plus size modeling isn't realistic. "Plus size models" ARE NOT plus size models.
There's a favorite store of mine called Torrid (sister to Hottopic), and if you go to that website and see the models, those are what plus size models should look like. And they're so pretty. What's wrong with them? They're curvey. We're meant to look that way.

And you're right. We weren't meant to be smaller then men width wise. I studied human anatomy last year, and women naturally have wider pelvic bones then men. We NEED hips and curves, mainly for motherhood, like DM stated before.

And I really would like to start a new thread on this. XD I think I will, haha.

MustangGT
12-06-2007, 12:27 AM

You may expect it from me, but still, even when I talk about women I don't like seeing sticks.

This is why I love those new Dove commercials, and even that one Fruit of the Loom (I think) commercial.
They show REAL women. Those REAL women are their models, and I think they look great!
Seriously, look up those commercials on YouTube and watch them... I mean, they look great, and they're average women who look like what we're supposed to look like.

Seriously, we need to have another Renaissance. Because back then in that time period, normal "curvey" women were the quintessence of beauty. Now I'll show you what it is now:

|

That's it. What women are expected to look like. Right there. That's beauty for you.
Doesn't seem right, does it?

(Seriously, I rant about this subject all the time. I can go on for days.)
They are! Curves=Greatness

sonickid01
12-06-2007, 12:35 AM
I don't get pissed off about a whole lot of our world, but laugh at a lot of it.

Most of them left this year, but at my school, half of the middle schoolers last year had gone through at least 2 cell phones. I got one for a summer camp. I don't have an iPod. Several have more than three. One girl smashed her cell phone because she wanted a new one.

I don't know how to describe it exactly. Not quite spoiled. But have you seen that YouTube video of the girl who gets the wrong color of Honda for her birthday? It may make sense to you then.

Also, I laugh when medicine commercials come on. "Ready for a good night's sleep? Take this medicine here that this lady with a thousand problems is taking. They all go away! May cause suicidal thoughts, actions, stomach cramps, headaches, nausea, indigestion, diarrhea, constipation, and vomiting. Sleep better today for a perfect night's sleep and a perfect life."

Also, rap's an art. You paint a picture with words and powerful rhymes. It's an evolved form of poetry. Rapping about great sex and drugs is like replacing the blue paint with dung beetle blood before you start painting. Unfortunately, that's pretty much the definition of rap.

~Falcon~
12-06-2007, 01:39 AM
this world is coming to an end, duh :P

Blue-
12-06-2007, 04:11 AM
My biggest pet peeve would be education. I swear, 90% of the people in my school won't get jobs or even graduate. ;P I won't go into my rant again, since I already did a huge outburst in the 'Your opinion on homework' thread.

---

But, on the censorship note... When I was a little kid, I watched Tom and Jerry, Buggs Bunny, and all those short fifteen minute cartoons. They featured cigars, guns, cats getting hit on the head with frying pans, the whole bit. Didn't corrupt my mind, and I never thought anything of it.

Now, they don't even have those shows on Cartoon Network anymore. Parents cover their kids ears at the very mention of a word like saloon. *Literally, that happened to me in third grade* They make the kids in Girl Scouts use paper knifes. Freaking paper knifes. Just because they think they can't handle a butter knife. :P

So, once all of us little elementary kids enter middle school, we get hit with drugs, violence, swearing, and everything. No one gives a damn what you hear or what you see, and none of us were prepared for this at all. And it was all due to censorship. So, it's ruining society.

silverfrost
12-06-2007, 11:51 AM
Hm, I can certainly relate to this thread. I feel so alienated from most people because what is popular and fantastic to them is what is just... boring to me.

I see a lot of people saying that these things "disgust" them, but for me, it's more like they bore me. Popular music like pop-rock, rap, etc. is NOT exciting. There's nothing interesting about it. It's pathetic that everyone enjoys them. Even the people that are out there trying to be "sexy" via their music... It's not working for them. :P No one can get excited about that stuff but the mindless. :/

And yeah, someone mentioned the presidency. I agree. TV shows. I agree.

Maybe I'm just an old lady that's still excited by the meaning in Chopin or by the emotions I feel from watching a classic like The Wonder Years. (Anyone old enough to remember that? Well, if you don't, I'll tell you- it's great.) Ah well, we gotta make our own fun around here then. :P

Stardy
12-06-2007, 12:48 PM
I just watched the 'Baby when tha lights' or something like that by David Guetta, liked the song but... nearer the end, there where girls thin as a twig, really, thin as a twig.

FireBrawl Latios
12-07-2007, 05:13 AM
Art thieves drive me mad to the extent I rarely make anymore artwork.

I hate rap. I also hated female walking skeletons aka too skinny women

Gym Leader Ken
12-07-2007, 05:20 AM
I have a perfect example of really dumb TV show that makes me saw what has this world come too.

Are you smarter than a 5th grader, wow.
and american idol..

Pokeboy sarab
12-07-2007, 08:15 AM
What really bugs me is all these paparazzi idiots. Instead of putting information about movies in film magazines, its mostly filled woth rubbish like "She's going out with him" and "They split up" and so. Even newspapers are filled with this stuff. Suppose I went and bought a film magazine to see which which new films are being made...I would have to go through countless stupid articles on who is doing what and stuff like that.

I mean give the celebs their privacy.

Stardy
12-07-2007, 09:37 AM
I have a perfect example of really dumb TV show that makes me saw what has this world come too.

Are you smarter than a 5th grader, wow.
and american idol..
American Idols brill =/

What really bugs me is all these paparazzi idiots. Instead of putting information about movies in film magazines, its mostly filled woth rubbish like "She's going out with him" and "They split up" and so. Even newspapers are filled with this stuff. Suppose I went and bought a film magazine to see which which new films are being made...I would have to go through countless stupid articles on who is doing what and stuff like that.

I mean give the celebs their privacy.

Yeah, they are just trying to make us hate famouse people for doing something, even though millios of others do the excact same thing and nobody cares =/.
If I where to litter, nobody would care, say if Britney Spears where to litter, the press would be all over it.

Hazmat
12-07-2007, 10:10 AM

Check my post on the first page.

See? I agree completely.

Captain Planet was a real show oO
I thought he was in a random video spread on the internet via youtube o_o

THAT's what the world's coming to.
Shows of pure greatness are now thought of random Youtube spam.
=[[

So, when's this thing going to be moved to Other: Discussion?

Stardy
12-07-2007, 12:17 PM
THAT's what the world's coming to.
Shows of pure greatness are now thought of random Youtube spam.
=[[

So, when's this thing going to be moved to Other: Discussion?
Yeah, excactly, my kind dont know what Captain Planet is =(

I never thought of him as spam, just a random youtube video.

Beats me =P

Blue-
12-07-2007, 10:13 PM
Yeah, excactly, my kind dont know what Captain Planet is =(

I never thought of him as spam, just a random youtube video.

Beats me =P
Really? It used to be on Cartoon Network when I was six. =P And I actually know who Captain Planet is... Lol.

Woodchuck
12-07-2007, 10:44 PM
Don't you ever feel like something, like a TV show or a video game or something else, is just way too bizzare, stupid, retarded, horrid, or any other negative adjective and makes you want to say, "WHAT IS THIS WORLD COMING TO?!?"

I actually have said this quite frequently as of late. It all started when I heard that...

Hillary Clinton is leading in the Polls!

WTF is wrong with people today? Although, it's not so much of a shock when you consider that most polls are biased in a certain direction. And also the fact that 66% of all statistics are made up on the spot. XP

MustangGT
12-07-2007, 10:49 PM
I actually have said this quite frequently as of late. It all started when I heard that...

Hillary Clinton is leading in the Polls!

WTF is wrong with people today? Although, it's not so much of a shock when you consider that most polls are biased in a certain direction. And also the fact that 66% of all statistics are made up on the spot. XP

No no no no NO. 42.7% of all statistics are made up on the spot. Don't feed the good people here false information :P

Anyways, I know nothing of those polls, or who stands for what. We need a good president. Period. I don't vote, so it's not like I need to care yet.

Yet I still do. Just not untill they get their primary set.

What has this world come to? Bush won the electoral votes in '00 but lost the popular vote and won the election. Forget the electoral college.

~Mustang~

Woodchuck
12-08-2007, 12:10 AM
What has this world come to? Bush won the electoral votes in '00 but lost the popular vote and won the election. Forget the electoral college.

~Mustang~

That whole Florida thing was a bit odd, I'll admit...

Another thing that makes me say "What is this world coming to?" is the fact that at least a quarter (if not more) of the kids at my school deal and do drugs. That's messed up...

Note to the general public: I am not biased against Hillary Clinton because she's a woman. I'm biased against her because she frequently enters my nightmares...

MustangGT
12-08-2007, 12:38 AM
That whole Florida thing was a bit odd, I'll admit...

Another thing that makes me say "What is this world coming to?" is the fact that at least a quarter (if not more) of the kids at my school deal and do drugs. That's messed up...

Note to the general public: I am not biased against Hillary Clinton because she's a woman. I'm biased against her because she frequently enters my nightmares...

:eek::eek::eek::eek:

I wasn't really old enough to care back then.

But the drugs...jeez. They shoot heroin in the bathroom at my school.

Shadow Eevee
12-08-2007, 01:12 AM
I have alot of opinions on the topics you have said, so I'll just say them.
Rap
Some of it is good, if the lyrics are like those in Pop or Rock, except in a different rhythm. But if it involves making women seem unimportant, making drugs look good, or being pro-violent, I'd bash. I never actually listen to it, though.
The Dying Cartoons
Remember the fact that a younger relative might like them, and we're just outgrowing them. To be honest, I also think the suck, but our maturing is also a factor.
Toothpick ModelsThey're pretty disgusting to look at, and the lack of flesh makes them look like "A Robotic Ice Princess". They give young girls a bad image, though I doubt anybody would actually attempt to look like them. I think that Barbies, Bratz, My Scenes, and all other dolls impact more, though Barbie teaches girls they could be whatever they want.

fullmetal
12-08-2007, 01:34 AM
Paris Hilton
Yeah i'm tired of her. She is just uhmm yeah.

TODAY'S Rap Music
Everyone that listens to today's rap needs to go back 10 years to the early 90's. Eazy-E, Public Enemy and NWA at least rapped for a reason, and proved many points. Like the song Fight the Power-Public Enemy listen to that song and you'll know what I mean. Crank Dat by Soulja boy is just a fluke, he is a fluke. If you knew what that song meant you would all be disgusted.

Mtv?
Yeah I don't believe in Music television anymore, woohoo TRL for an hour. Yeah they need more music and less making out in a hot tub.

Peoples view on Politics
I hate how everyone that is a "democrat" watches FOX news. THEY ARE REPUBLICAN PEOPLE. Seriously people that say they are "democratic" just because they hate President Bush are just fakes, I mean at least be into politics if you are going to call yourself a democrat.

Thats all I can think of right now.

~Falcon~
12-08-2007, 01:36 AM
this world is coming to an end, duh :P

^ quote of the truth :D

Hazmat
12-08-2007, 02:06 AM
Paris Hilton
Yeah i'm tired of her. She is just uhmm yeah.

Hollywood in general, most definately.

No, I don't care what color wig Brittney was wearing today.

Leave me aloneee.

Shadow Eevee
12-08-2007, 02:12 AM
Hollywood intrests me, and thousands of people, because they set away our problems, so we could laugh at them. :-p

Seawolf
12-08-2007, 06:05 AM
Maybe I'm just an old lady that's still excited by the meaning in Chopin or by the emotions I feel from watching a classic like The Wonder Years. (Anyone old enough to remember that? Well, if you don't, I'll tell you- it's great.) Ah well, we gotta make our own fun around here then. :P

The Wonder Years! That brings back some old, fuzzy feelings.

<3

Light Manaphy
12-08-2007, 07:39 AM

Looks like I'm not alone. xD

Okay, since a lot of people are sharing their experiences (not to mention stardyab saying about cartoon shows, which I was going to say, too), I might as well share my experience.

Two shows in particular *coughChowdercough* and *coughOutofJimmy'sHeadcough* are just so annoying. Not to mention that new Halloween franchise "Edgar and Ellen", because those guys are just horrible looking. DAAAAH!

Even now, this line never gets old:

WHAT IS THIS WORLD COMING TO?!?

Sigma_
12-08-2007, 09:53 PM
They are television shows. If made up characters can get into your head, you should find a psychiatrist.

Kirby pikachu
12-08-2007, 10:12 PM
The employment situation is what really sets me off. Outsourcing drives me crazy, the human resources departments seem like they fool around with a lot of people looking for jobs, and I can't tell you how many times I've been on a interview to discover its NOT a job position. I get all dressed up, travel long distances, get there early and come ready to present myself only to find out there is no job, and then I get expensive courses that aren't even certified sold to me at a few thousand bucks a pop. This has happened to me FOUR times, and one time I almost fell for it, but thank God I pulled myself out of it when I did. I swear, it should be illegal to do this, and you should be allowed to sue if they do it.

Meanwhile, in the end, I still don't have a job. Monster and Careerbuilder are total CRAP, don't even waste your time with them if you're stuck in the same hole as I am. And if someone tries to sell you courses while on an interview, reject them. If you're really going to shoot for certifications, do it at an accredited institute. Otherwise you're wasting your time and a LOT of money.

---

Yeah,most rappers do say distgusting things but what's even worse is Pris Hilton,Britney Spears,and Linsay Lohan.One day I would like them to
stop looking like they came from the times of caveman.And you kno know what's worse,caveman were actually smarter then most modern hollywood stars and models.

InvertrevnI
12-08-2007, 10:33 PM
http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa237/MattJohn_photo/picard-facepalm.jpg

Topping my lists are Wiggas, cheap coffee, pop rock, my life, whiners, and people who I just don't ******* like.

...But here's one I think most of you can understand: People who have a problem with nudity. I mean, seriously, what's wrong with it? People have criticized it for well over one thousand years, sure, but why? It's not like it hurts anybody. We're all naked under our clothes at that, so would somebody please explain to me why nudity is such a 'no-no'?

I like rap but I hate those crappy stars like Paris Hilton.

"Like totally,I think drugs are good for kids!"

Also stop modeling.Just look at Oprah,she's not skinny but beautiful.They need food.Man,and I used to think I was skinny.

AND I HATE WANNABE RAPPRERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!I HATE THAT RAPPER WHO SINGS WATCH MY SHOES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!I HATE HATE HATE WANNABE RAPPERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Okay,some rappers are distugsting but I only listen to true rappers.
People who don't have any understanding at all of English grammar.

Kirby pikachu
12-08-2007, 10:50 PM
I do have good grammar but I just wasn't using it.Anyways,why do teachers say your not suppose to hit people in school?What do you think when some retard hits you!?My teacher told me not to hit this crackhead named Darry.But why?All teachers do is say ignore the behavior.
Another thing,how did kid shows become so gay?I think it's because kids are young.I wasn't raised like that.My childhood isn't revolved around by a parent covering my ears.
This issue makes kids grow up from being crybabies to being as soft as a marshmallow as adults.

Sigma_
12-09-2007, 12:17 AM
Those who don't like rap and see it as vulgar don't understand it. This is probably because of the popularity of mainstream rap. Mainstream rap is probably the equivalent of something like Fall Out Boy in rock. Nothing against mainstream rap or Fall Out Boy. There is no proof that they are bad music. Music is an opinionated subject.

Stardy
12-09-2007, 12:53 PM
I cant belive I forgot to put all source of evil on my list of rants =P

PARIS HILTON (Thanks for reminding me with your post Fullmetal =P.)
Do I need to say anything about the spoilt brat?

Kirby pikachu
12-09-2007, 07:21 PM
Yeah,Paris Hilton is stupid.All she does is do drugs to get herself high and be herself.Just
plan crackheaded!

Also,people who blame others just to be ignorant punks.Now stop being the fools you really are and keep your comments to yourself.Man,that really pisses me off!

Sigma_
12-09-2007, 07:37 PM
Sounds like a lot of people are jealous of Paris Hilton.

Charbok
12-09-2007, 08:03 PM
When people are convinced that the Wii has no good games and that all it is is childish fun...

Kirby pikachu
12-09-2007, 08:56 PM
No offense but jealous of what?There is nothing to be jealous of.

fullmetal
12-09-2007, 11:38 PM

Heres one money, oh and the knowledge of a space bar. (use a space after a punctuation mark.)

People that go on and on about global warming and don't know anything about it. Then they just blame it on the government, do some research people.

Sigma_
12-10-2007, 02:48 AM
Fame, wealth, television series, The Simple Life, her own fragrance.

Stardy
12-11-2007, 12:01 PM
Fame, wealth, television series, The Simple Life, her own fragrance.
She has all that and abuses power with them.

It should be me, damn it ;_;!

Still not jealous though =P

skiboydoggy
12-11-2007, 04:52 PM
Oh yeah, I'm soooo freakin' jealous of her ribs.
Money though... Gwah, I stare at Bill Gates for that. He earns more money in a minute than 99% of people do in a month.

Now, that, is messed up, but at least it's sorta acceptable. He worked his way up there, even after getting kicked out of university. Mind you, it was Harvard though, so no shame there.

The main thing is human intelligence going the way of the dodo.

But I always take comfort in certain gems, like this one:

Perhaps there is hope for mankind after all? (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AL5d0HIMYgc&feature=related)

Stardy
12-12-2007, 12:31 PM
Oh yeah, I'm soooo freakin' jealous of her ribs.
Money though... Gwah, I stare at Bill Gates for that. He earns more money in a minute than 99% of people do in a month.

Now, that, is messed up, but at least it's sorta acceptable. He worked his way up there, even after getting kicked out of university. Mind you, it was Harvard though, so no shame there.

The main thing is human intelligence going the way of the dodo.

But I always take comfort in certain gems, like this one:

Perhaps there is hope for mankind after all? (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AL5d0HIMYgc&feature=related)
Try a year for the money bit.

Gravity
12-12-2007, 09:30 PM
Actually, before I continue onto page three, I must say something:

I resent all things said about Chowder, for I believe it is a hilarious show, and don't even try to say crap about being over protective in this show; in one of the newest episodes, several characters take pepper spray to the eyes :/

@ Megumi:

Yeah, that sh*t drives me to drink >.> Also, that stupid "Petz 2" junk. "Whomg, it's about kitties, and doggies, 'n stuff, and it has 'Z' at the end! Mama, buy me all of them!"

And this rap/MTV junk? Please, don't get me started. >.>

The treat women like utters wh@res, the talk about drugs, violence, and sex. Oh yeah, sex. Need an example? Here's a line from "Soldier Boy [Or whatever]":

"Super soak that hoe!"

I don't even wanna... *Shudders*

And then, the block out the word "SUICIDAL" because, I'm sure, they don't want to give kids the wrong example.

W.T.H. >.>

My rant is done. ^^

EDIT: Two things:

One, it's "Soulja Boy", not "Soldier Boy". <-- The hell?

And two, it's not "Super soak that hoe", but, instead, "Superman that hoe."