PDA

View Full Version : [WAR VI.598746321] WiFi Battle Zone

Finch
12-09-2007, 01:25 PM
BOOM!
WIFI BATTLE!

Welcome, ladies and gents, to the WiFi battling section for this wondrous semi-war with the ridiculous number! I'm teh Stairmaster and I'll be your host. Just to let you know, this is the first time we've tried WiFi battling in the War so things might go funny at first. Just bear with me!

Before you think about entering, you MUST be on a War team. This is very important. So much so, that failure to comply will result in jam. Seriously, though, if you're not on a War team you can't enter. See here (http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/forum/showthread.php?t=66991) for details.

So without further ado, it's time for the RULES!:

Battles are fought on a weekly basis against members of your opposing teams. There are two battle types:

Open Level (1 point available)

Pokemon must be at their natural level (not set to 100 or 50 by the computer)
UPDATE: Set lv100 mode is now acceptable instead.

Each team must comprise 6 Pokemon
The battle may be played either in Single or Double style (as agreed upon beforehand by participants)

Level 50 (1 point available)

Pokemon must be at level 50 as set by the computer
Each team must comprise 3 Pokemon
The battle must be played in Single style

Furthermore, these rules apply to all battles:

There will be absolutely NO USE of hacked Pokemon, including hacked moves/stats/traits or anything unnatural to that Pokemon
Item Clause: Only one copy of each hold item may be attached PER TEAM
Species Clause: No more than one of any Pokemon species may be used PER TEAM
Sleep/Freeze Clause: No more than one Pokemon PER TEAM may be put to sleep, and likewise no more than one may be frozen

Where PER TEAM refers to the player's team and not the War team (that would just be silly, wouldn't it?)

NB: You may battle as many times as you want, but you may only battle the same opponent THREE TIMES per week (used to be once but 3 times means more activity.)

Banned Pokemon

Using these species is in direct violation of the rules (and I should know, since I made them up):

Mewtwo
Mew
Ho-Oh
Lugia
Latias
Latios
Kyogre
Groudon
Rayquaza
Deoxys (all forms)
Dialga
Palkia
Giratina
Darkrai
Arceus
Manaphy
Wobbuffet

(Thanks to Serebii for the Uber tier list)

Battle Logs:

This thread may be used to challenge opponents and agree upon battle rules (though I'd much prefer you used PM or IM for tidyness). When you want to report the result of a battle, though, you must PM directly to me (with [WAR WIFI BATTLING] as the subject). Both battlers must do this for the fight to be counted. There will be a form to fill out as follows:

Opponent: (The name of your opponent)
Battle Type: (Open Level or Level 50)
Your Team: (A list of your Pokemon (I only need the species), plus your War Team name)
Opponent's Team: (A list of their Pokemon, plus their War Team name)
Winner: (Duh)
Infractions: (Please give as detailed a description as possible of any rule-breaking you believe happened in the course of the match)

This is to ensure that both accounts of the battle add up and nobody tries to pull the wool over my eyes (and everyone else's, for that matter). I urge you all to KEEP A PERSONAL RECORD in log form of EVERY battle. This way, if my PM box fills up we will be able to sort things out at a later date.

I'll add up the results as a separate league table for each level to decide the winner of that week's points.

Cheating:

If I have reason to believe in a player breaking any of the rules then I am fully authorised to nullify battles, deduct points, or temporarily/permanently ban players and War teams from the competition as I see fit. Obviously the punishment will fit the crime and number of repeat offenses.

Please remember, though, that I will also class intentional false accusations as cheating. Only report an infraction if you're sure and can at least back it up.

I think (well, hope) that I've covered everything, so let the pwnage begin!

Finch
Results:

Week One:
No activity... (losers)

Week Two:
Low activity... so 1 point to mikey and 1 to sigma

Week Three:
Low activity... so 1 point to rel_12

Finch
Current standings (Week three)

1) charizard_mike vs rel_12
The Navy Teh Coyotes

rel_12 defeats mikey_wikey in a 6v6 lv100 singles. No infractions.

Finch
12-09-2007, 01:27 PM
Announcement:

Effective immediately ALL battles will be played by WHATEVER rules you want. That's right. Just make sure you agree beforehand and notify me in your battle logs.

CHEERS

xDesires-Lovex
12-09-2007, 02:56 PM
*Sigh*

This is part of the war tournement. The War is where THE CLANS AND GROUPS go against each-other in differant genres of competition.

Hope this answers the question, but really you should've PMed someone or read about it.

Charizard Michelle
12-10-2007, 03:04 AM
I am willing to take any challengers. Give me a PM. Sorry Finch if you don't like this.

Nya~

Ace123456789
12-10-2007, 04:47 AM
Just curious.. Why is this stickied? No one has even posted in it on topic until charizard_mike, and (no offense Finch) but I haven't seen you in the Battling Center ever before.

Just wondering why...

Kenny_C.002
12-10-2007, 06:27 AM
Just curious.. Why is this stickied? No one has even posted in it on topic until charizard_mike, and (no offense Finch) but I haven't seen you in the Battling Center ever before.

Just wondering why...
The WAR encompasses all parts of the pokemon genre. A judge in this case does only really require arithmetic skills in order to be qualified. Finch is plenty and more for a job like that. Simply this is something happening outside of what you're used to that's "invading". I personally gave the sticky an OK.

Finch
12-10-2007, 02:07 PM

Just wondering why...
Well I personally haven't seen you anywhere before, so please don't post on my forum kk?

Just being sarcy, of course. I urge you to join a War team and battle, it'll be fun. Oh, and I'd like to mention that I do battle online and know enough to trash a good chunk of you guys. I might show you sometime.

Mikey, what you did was fine. No, in fact it was perfect, that's exactly the way challengers should make themselves known in this thread. Everyone, post if you're accepting battle challenges.

Finch
12-12-2007, 09:58 AM
Double posting to say...

What's going on, guys? I haven't had a single PM and it's the first week! How about winning some easy points by battling while you still have the chance?

If anyone has a problem with the format, let me know and I'll see what I can do...

Seawolf
12-12-2007, 05:00 PM
Double posting to say...

What's going on, guys? I haven't had a single PM and it's the first week! How about winning some easy points by battling while you still have the chance?

If anyone has a problem with the format, let me know and I'll see what I can do...

I think I have working Wifi again, but we're on the same team. :oops:

EDIT: Did you mean me, Mike? I will be gone for the rest of the day in a few hours.

Charizard Michelle
12-12-2007, 05:10 PM
I take you on WiFi battle if you want to. I be on tonight around 8 or 9. Is that good with you?

Nya~

fullmetal
12-12-2007, 08:05 PM
A lot of people think this is a lame idea, thats why. I don't see the point in this at all. This is a thread, pe2k is a forum bud.

Seawolf
12-12-2007, 08:52 PM
A lot of people think this is a lame idea, thats why. I don't see the point in this at all. This is a thread, pe2k is a forum bud.

Try taking a look at the Groups/Clubs boards. This is for the WAR, which is actually a pretty big part of the forums. :)

EDIT: It appears not many of the WAR participants seem to have Wifi, though, or something.

fullmetal
12-12-2007, 09:15 PM
Try taking a look at the Groups/Clubs boards. This is for the WAR, which is actually a pretty big part of the forums. :)

I know i'll get my butt kicked threw a screen >.>

Yeah and it looks like this is like awesome, seeing that it didn't hit the second page.

Charizard Michelle
12-13-2007, 02:12 AM
I know i'll get my butt kicked threw a screen >.>

Yeah and it looks like this is like awesome, seeing that it didn't hit the second page.

Well sorry if you don't like this but there is more to PE2K then the Pokemon Diamond and Pearl section. There is RP, Chat, Groups. I suggest you look into some of those things. Still let not fight. I would suggest that you visit the Mixed: Groups/Clubs Section which is here (http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=22) and join a team there and help gain points for one of the WAR teams for WiFi. If you have any question then just ask me.

For now if you are not going to be making challenges or post your winning in the name of one of the WAR Teams then I am going have to say that it is spam.

Also I hope to battle you soon.

Also stilling looking for a lose for The Navy. If so. Give me a PM. I am always looking for a butt kickin.

Nya~

TheOneAndOnlyCarlo
12-13-2007, 02:42 AM
Meh, Remember that SS (Silver Skarmory) first started a Clan, The Elite Bandits or could i say the EL 1337 BAND-AIDS.

Everyone started copying him and his thread. (Including me)

Look what happens next. It's Offical.

So SS (SilverSkarmory) deserves credit or this wouldn't be here.

Finch
12-13-2007, 03:08 AM
Carlo...

1) This isn't a clan
2) SS formed the second WiFi clan here (I was in the first), but his has been the most successful to date IMO
3) The War's been around since the first incarnation of PE2K several years ago
4) Shut up

fullmetal, mike's right, and just because I don't have enough spam in my thread to make 2 pages doesn't mean your countless clans and tournaments are more worthwhile. This is merely a sub-section of a forum-wide event and it's sanctioned by all the active mods and g-mods we have. You should already have known about it... The War was discussed and linked to in my first post (and really it should be common knowledge).

We're getting off to a slow start, and I'm trying to get things moving relatively hassle-free. Please step back and allow me to do so. Next time you have a problem and you decide sarcasm and needless digs will help, I suggest you reconsider.

Bud.

On a totally unrelated note, Mikey's suggested we allow lv100 instead of open level mode in case it's deterring challengers. Let me know if that's the case.

TheOneAndOnlyCarlo
12-13-2007, 04:00 AM
Carlo...

1) This isn't a clan
2) SS formed the second WiFi clan here (I was in the first), but his has been the most successful to date IMO
4) Shut up

1.) I never said that, I'm saying this thread involves a War which means It's related to the word, Clan.
2.) I did not know that and yes, it been successful.
3.) HOLY SHIZNET.
4.) dunt tel me to shat up, imz not some noobz u seen round hare. >_>

Btw, Let's see how this war thing goes..

Finch
12-14-2007, 08:39 PM
Knew I shouldn't have dignified that with a response...

Anyone who fancies battling me, send a PM. Even if you don't want it to be a part of the War. I'm back home in WiFi land now and could do with getting back on form.

Lord Celebi
12-16-2007, 06:04 PM
1.) I never said that, I'm saying this thread involves a War which means It's related to the word, Clan.
2.) I did not know that and yes, it been successful.
3.) HOLY SHIZNET.
4.) dunt tel me to shat up, imz not some noobz u seen round hare. >_>

Btw, Let's see how this war thing goes..

Clans =/= War. Clans specifically relate to battling within D/P. This is merely a experimental section of the WAR (which I had been pushing for).

And honestly, dude, the sarcasm about the WAR's history is not needed. The WAR has been going on since the Proboards (I should know, I've been in them all). The WAR has seniority over the clans anyday, so its useless to protest against this thread. Don't like it? Don't participate. Nothing of value was lost. And yes, Finch may be a little rude at times, but you all are making a big deal out of this thread without reading up on why its even here.

So stop spamming this thread, pl0x? Kthxbai.

I wish I had an extra $40 lying around so I can join... :(

Ace123456789
12-16-2007, 06:10 PM
I think one reason that no one is interested is because practically all of us use the Level 100 Set Match feature. Not everyone has enough time to level their Pokémon up to 100, and setting the matches at 100 is the most fair way to do it. That way your EV Training is actually worth something, since the EVs are not fully utilized until level 100.

If you tweaked the rules to make the 100 set matches acceptable, I guarantee that more people would participate; including me.

zukirin
12-16-2007, 06:14 PM
Carlo...

1) This isn't a clan
4) Shut up

fullmetal, mike's right, and just because I don't have enough spam in my thread to make 2 pages doesn't mean your countless clans and tournaments are more worthwhile. This is merely a sub-section of a forum-wide event and it's sanctioned by all the active mods and g-mods we have. You should already have known about it... The War was discussed and linked to in my first post (and really it should be common knowledge).

We're getting off to a slow start, and I'm trying to get things moving relatively hassle-free. Please step back and allow me to do so. Next time you have a problem and you decide sarcasm and needless digs will help, I suggest you reconsider.

Bud.

On a totally unrelated note, Mikey's suggested we allow lv100 instead of open level mode in case it's deterring challengers. Let me know if that's the case.

He did say that here. Hmm I am kind of confused as to how this works. So do we have to join a club in the Clubs subforum?? Also what is the point of this whole thing? Is it a tourney, or an experimental thing.

Lord Celebi
12-16-2007, 06:28 PM
He did say that here. Hmm I am kind of confused as to how this works. So do we have to join a club in the Clubs subforum?? Also what is the point of this whole thing? Is it a tourney, or an experimental thing.

You join a WAR Team (They have [WAR] in their topic title). This thing is a little of both. The WAR is a forum wide competition, and this is just one of the many sections of it. Its an experimental section, because several people have said that WAR Wi-Fi is stupid, so we're trying it out in the craps and giggles WAR to prove them wrong.

Finch
12-16-2007, 07:08 PM
Thanks for noticing. Yes, I'll change to lv100 set mode now, alright?

Now somebody participate!

... rust, I hope we do prove them wrong =S

Sigma_
12-16-2007, 09:18 PM
If anyone is interested in joining to participate in this, The Naughty Forties may gladly accept you. ;)

Does anyone, who is already in a war team, want to battle?

Charizard Michelle
12-16-2007, 11:00 PM
I think one reason that no one is interested is because practically all of us use the Level 100 Set Match feature. Not everyone has enough time to level their Pokémon up to 100, and setting the matches at 100 is the most fair way to do it. That way your EV Training is actually worth something, since the EVs are not fully utilized until level 100.

If you tweaked the rules to make the 100 set matches acceptable, I guarantee that more people would participate; including me.

It has been set to lv 100 nya-ow. Thanks you for the comment.

What Rust said.

Basically this is an test to see if WiFi should be used in a real WAR competition (which tends to be during the summer) but really it just basically an all out battle to try to win as many matches for the team that you are part of during the week. At the end of the week, the judge will count up how many wins were gained. The two people with the most wins (or how ever the judges does the points) get points for their team. I hope that clear things up.

If anyone is interested in joining to participate in this, The Naughty Forties may gladly accept you. ;)

Does anyone, who is already in a war team, want to battle?

I take you on.

Finch: You need to update the first post to include lv100.

And you may want to take this thing out 'NB: You may battle as many times as you want, but you may only battle the same opponent ONCE per week.'. That way it be more active and junk later on. Still that what I think. In the end you are the judge.

Nya~

Finch
12-16-2007, 11:44 PM
I've already added the bit about lv100 but i think that the other rule should stay there... with a slight modification.

Changing...

Sigma_
12-17-2007, 12:58 AM
Do we really need to send our teams to you after a battle? I don't feel comfortable sending it to you, since I could battle you too.

Finch
12-17-2007, 01:42 AM
I have a set team which I never change. Ask anyone who's battled me what I use, you'll be fine. Lol

Calypso
12-17-2007, 04:39 PM
I'll gladly battle anyone on an opposing team ^^;;

I live in the UK though, so yeah, different timezones may make it somewhat awkward.

Finch
12-17-2007, 08:41 PM
I'll gladly battle anyone on an opposing team ^^;;

I live in the UK though, so yeah, different timezones may make it somewhat awkward.
I do too, so I can't imagine that. Lol

bugcatcherjason
12-21-2007, 11:33 AM
would anyone like to battle?

Ataro
12-21-2007, 11:37 AM
would anyone like to battle?

You need to be part of a war team to join this thing. War team refers to something which you can find it at Mixed Groups/Clubs.

megamanxpoke
12-23-2007, 05:21 AM
Team: Navy

Anyone? We'll settle a time.

Diesel 34
12-23-2007, 05:51 PM
No matches no points this week. I fake nosing this thing and I say fight boys fight.

Charizard Michelle
12-23-2007, 09:29 PM
No matches no points this week. I fake nosing this thing and I say fight boys fight.

I let Finch to post the results since he has them PM to him.

Nya~

pokemaster1111
12-23-2007, 10:37 PM
Team: Navy

Would any opposers like to battle?

-Alonzo

Finch
12-27-2007, 09:30 PM
I'm free to battle. Also, I have an important announcement:

Til the end of the War, all battles will be fought according to whatever rules you want, so long as you agree beforehand and tell me what they are when sending in results.

Go crazy!

MustangGT
12-30-2007, 07:35 PM
Starting New Years Days, I will be accepting challenges.

I am from the The HoMestArmy

Exon Auxus
12-30-2007, 07:38 PM
January 2nd til end, anyone can battle me.

The Nya-avy :0?

Furyflame
12-30-2007, 07:39 PM
Mark is in it? No point in joining now. xP

rel_12
01-03-2008, 04:57 AM
Anyone want to battle

I'm representing Teh Coyotes