PDA

View Full Version : MarowSmack

Fire Away
12-19-2007, 07:20 AM
Yeah, yeah. More Shoddy teams. I’ll get a Wi-fi team soon, I promise. Q.Q

This is a Marowak team. I love Marowak, but he gets so royally screwed over by speed. Or rather, his lack of it. The only methods of covering this are paralysis support, TR and (lol) Choice Scarf, and frankly paralysis is 1000 times easier/more useful than those options. The central strategy of this team is paralyzing faster threats to create the opportunity for Marowak to switch in and sweep, while sufficiently covering his major counters with other offensive forces.

http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/sprites/dpffa/dpffa468.png

Togekiss@Leftovers
Calm
EVs: 252 HP, 252 Sp. Defense, 6 Def
Thunder Wave
Body Slam
Roost
Air Slash

Look, Flinchkiss. Body Slam is needed for paralyzing grounds/stopping Electivire from raping my team. It’s my lead.

http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/sprites/dpffa/dpffa205.png

Foretress@Shed Shell
Relaxed
EVs: 252 HP, 162 Attack, 96 Defence
Rest
Spikes
Rapid Spin
Earthquake

Baits fire attacks for a free Heatran switch, spikes, Rapid Spins. I generally prefer Rest, since it makes it an even better Scarfchomp switch in.

http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/sprites/dpffa/dpffa036.png

Clefable@Leftovers
Calm
252 HP, 152 Def, 100 Sp. Defense, 4 Speed
Thunder Wave
Wish
Encore
Seismic Toss

Between T-Wave, Wish and Encore, this thing creates the most opportunities for Marowak to switch in. Encore impressively forces switches if I predict something like SDChomp, and the incoming threat will (hopefully) get nailed with T-Wave.

http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/sprites/dpffa/dpffa485.png

Heatran@Choice Specs
Modest
252 Sp. Attack, 52 HP, 204 Speed
Earth Power
Fire Blast
Dragon Pulse
Explosion

Like Marowak, Specs Heatran comes around slower than Christmas, but once he gets in he’s capable of hammering most threats. Stops Specs Salamence from loling at my team.

http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/sprites/dpmfa/dpmfa121.png

Starmie@Expert Belt
Timid
EVs: 172 HP, 120 Sp. Attack, 216 Speed
Ice Beam
Thunderbolt
Grass Knot
HP Fighting

Formally Magnezone, I came to the realization that my team was desperately lacking in terms of covering Gyarados and Swampert. Marowak's Rock Slide can do a number on 'Dos, but Marowak can be tricky to bring out, and I was still lacking a reliable counter. Enter Starmie! HP Fighting is there to deal with the likes of Tyranitar and Weavile, both of whom are gleeful to switch in and eat Starmie's face with Pursuit. I decided against Surf for this set, as the following moves allow me to revenge kill dragons, Swampert, Gyarados and any others vulnerable to these moves. Also adds welcome Water, Ice and Fighting resists.

http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/sprites/dpffa/dpffa105.png

Marowak@Thick Club
Jolly
EVs: 252 Attack, 252 Spd, 6 HP
Earthquake
Rock Slide
Swords Dance
Fire Punch

The star of the team. With Jolly and max attack EVs, he hits 518 attack. Impressive indeed. With the support from the team through Toxic Spikes, paralysis, Wish, Encores, Marowak will mop the floor with the remaining Pokemon late game (or earlier if the opponent follies and gives me a free switch). I had Double Edge for Weezing, but Heatran already takes care of him capably.

I personally really like this team, but if I slip up at all, Heracross can capably sweep a fair portion of this team. Suggestions? :x

EDIT: Post Shoddybattle teams in the Strategies & Movesets board.

EDIT 2: Haha I meant to. It was late. My bad. :x

Fire Away
12-24-2007, 07:25 PM
Technically speaking, it hasn't been a week, but I did make a (minor) change to the team and also, once the thread is to this point, nobody looks. Q.Q

Tory vs Meaty II
12-24-2007, 09:23 PM
Aerodactyl does smash half of the team. :)
Marowak will go good with Sword Dance.

Fire Away
12-24-2007, 11:13 PM
Aerodactyl does smash half of the team. :)
Marowak will go good with Sword Dance.

Generally speaking bringing Marowak is enough of a task that I had to build my team around his execution, I'm not so hot on trying to let him set up.

You're right about Aerodactyl, though. I've encountered one in my Shoddy battles with this team, and I was able to outpredict. It's generally not that much of a problem.

Itachi_2007
12-24-2007, 11:29 PM
Generally speaking bringing Marowak is enough of a task that I had to build my team around his execution, I'm not so hot on trying to let him set up.

You're right about Aerodactyl, though. I've encountered one in my Shoddy battles with this team, and I was able to outpredict. It's generally not that much of a problem.

He does have a good defense to his advantage, however, so it would be a good idea to do so as to put Swords Dance on it.

~ Michael.

Fire Away
12-24-2007, 11:48 PM
He does have a good defense to his advantage, however, so it would be a good idea to do so as to put Swords Dance on it.

~ Michael.

Eh, he's already reaching an attack stat of 518. With Spike damage factored in he can do quite a number on most anything that wants to try to switch in.

Tory vs Meaty II
12-25-2007, 01:17 AM

Marowak is super-good with Fire Punch insted of Sword Dance. It is just that Marowak fits good in your team with Sword Dance here.

Fire Away
12-25-2007, 08:05 AM
Marowak is super-good with Fire Punch insted of Sword Dance. It is just that Marowak fits good in your team with Sword Dance here.

I'll think about it. I like the ability to hit Weezing with Double Edge, but I think Swords Dance would do a lot to help me sweep late game. For now though, I'll keep it as is and see if I have any further problems.

Lord Voldemort
12-29-2007, 12:50 AM

I am now actively back (for a while) :happy:
I love your signature (I am one of those Macs Suck People)

And wouldn't Garchomp sort of screw your team, seeing as it's not affected by Paralysis, and the standard could OHKO half your team with a Swords Dance. I don't see any Ice moves on there to counter, either.

Sure, Explosion could get him, but if you had to switch in, I believe Life Orb Garchomp OKHOs Foretress after a Swords Dance with Fire Fang (if my memory serves correctly, I haven't battled for a while now.)

Heatran and Magnezone should go down fairly quickly, and Marowak won't stand very long.

Tory vs Meaty II
12-29-2007, 12:55 AM

And wouldn't Garchomp sort of screw your team, seeing as it's not affected by Paralysis, and the standard could OHKO half your team with a Swords Dance. I don't see any Ice moves on there to counter, either.

Good your back. Aww, only for a while. LOl, my signature. Right now, I will play on Shoddy today.

Fire Away
12-29-2007, 08:28 AM

Sure, Explosion could get him, but if you had to switch in, I believe Life Orb Garchomp OKHOs Foretress after a Swords Dance with Fire Fang (if my memory serves correctly, I haven't battled for a while now.)

Heatran and Magnezone should go down fairly quickly, and Marowak won't stand very long.

Body Slam can paralyze Garchomp, but you're correct. As such, I've removed Magnezone (he wasn't doing much for me) and put a Starmie set designed to eliminate threats like SD Garchomp. In fact, here's a damage calc for an Expert Belted Ice Beam on Garchomp.

Defender HP: 357
Move Damage: lolhaha
Damage: Dead Q.Q

Keep in mind that Forry can stop a Scarfchomp's Outrage, and once he's done I'll have stalled him out with Rest anyways. He leaves and is bound to come back in to more Spikes damage. Scarfchomp doesn't worry me so much.