I was thinking on a great moveset for Registeel:

Registeel @Sitrus Berry
Nature:Relaxed (+ DEF, -SPD)
EVs: 252 DEF, 252 SpDEF
Aerial Ace
Ancient Power/ Earthquake
Metal Claw
Iron Defense

Well, aerial ace cures his problem with fighting types. It isn't that strong, but with the high defense, he will last long. Ancient Power/ Earthquake to cure his problem with fire types. Metal Claw to cure his problem with ground types. Iron Defense, obviously, boosts Reigsteel's DEF to make him last longer.

Tell me what ya think before I make the final touches.:happy:

Gold Groudon
12-22-2007, 07:40 AM

Registeel @Sitrus Berry
Nature:Relaxed (+ DEF, -SPD)
EVs: 252 DEF, 252 SpDEF
Aerial Ace
Ancient Power/ Earthquake
Metal Claw
Iron Defense

Well, aerial ace cures his problem with fighting types. It isn't that strong, but with the high defense, he will last long. Ancient Power/ Earthquake to cure his problem with fire types. Metal Claw to cure his problem with ground types. Iron Defense, obviously, boosts Reigsteel's DEF to make him last longer.

What you saying is that people are just going to left you sweep their teams with a slow physical sweeper who hits light except for EQ?Inevitably, the'll send in a physical wall and setup, then just take you down slowly. then switch to a sp.sweeper to own you. I wouldn't reccomend it...

Maybe something like this:

Registeel@Leftovers
Clear Body
Impish(252hp,100sp.def,100def,56atk)
Amnesia
Iron Defense
Rest
Iron Head

Now this is a really long lasting wall, Iron defense and Amnesia raise defenses all the way to the max, rest for recovery and iron head for Stab attack. You can also run EQ over Amnesia with this EV spread: Impish(252hp,252sp.def,6atk) or Maybe Impish(252hp,200sp.def,56atk). You choice.

Itachi_2007
12-22-2007, 10:52 AM

Registeel @ Leftovers
Nature: Impish (+ DEF, -SATK)
EVs: 252 DEF, 252 HP / 6 SDEf
Curse
Earthquake
Rock Slide
Rest / Explosion Oh my. XD. Walls need the HP, so I put in some HP. And for maxium survival, just deleted most of the EV's from SDEf, and put in 6. Leftovers, again, for maxium survival. EQ is the only move you have that really works on it. I prefer Rest, because It's nessacary on all Walls. Rock Slide since that's all you have, no Stone Edge. I prefer it anyways for the accuracy and flinch chance. Curse for you know.. The attack boost. You're not really aiming for Defense, or whatever.. Maybe Superpower in there somewhere since it was standard in 3rd Gen.

In bold are my comments. This goes in the Single Moveset Thread I think. (http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=11) And he really doesn't need even more defense then a base 150.

Spongebob Number One Fan
12-22-2007, 06:31 PM
In bold are my comments. This goes in the Single Moveset Thread I think. (http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=11) And he really doesn't need even more defense then a base 150.

Steelix can hardly survive an a couple strong EQs with 200 base defense, registeel is a 2HKO waiting to happen. That thig wants all the defense it can handle.

Itachi_2007
12-26-2007, 04:09 PM
:eek:

Ugh.. Four word rule please.. Go read about it. But yeah, use Gold Groudon's Moveset, The Blazer. What you've been doing, fiGhtiNg is SPAM. And now.. *Reports*

DragoniteMistress
12-26-2007, 04:13 PM
Itachi, she's new, just relax :l

*Cracks knuckles, let's see now...

Metal Claw isn't necessary, it's weak against Ground-types and even with STAB it's a poor move choice. You're making Registeel a sweeper, you're not even putting any use to its Defenses, I know that you need type coverage, but this is extreme.

Several movesets have already been posted, but I suggest you spend at least five minutes browsing Registeel's DP Pokedex page on Serebii. Edit your first post so we don't have to bother with another thread, and then I'll come back later :3