PDA

View Full Version : I Am Legend

karmachameleon
12-22-2007, 05:42 PM
I saw it last night, and I must say that was the most intense movie EVER. Just wanted to see what other people thought of it.

Charbok
12-22-2007, 06:16 PM
I think that you are overrating it.
Ever seen "The Condemned"?
That movie is way more intense!

Furyflame
12-22-2007, 06:23 PM
I saw it last night, and I must say that was the most intense movie EVER. Just wanted to see what other people thought of it.
Yeah, I saw it last night also, I liked it a lot.

Ranma
12-22-2007, 06:43 PM
I saw it last Saturday. It was very good.

InvertrevnI
12-23-2007, 01:30 AM
Ha... ha.

I've just recently watched this, and it really wasn't more than a 2 star movie. It began pretty slow, and stayed that way through most of the movie. There just wasn't enough action for me. Also, the movie took itself way to seriously, straight from the title (Seriously, I love the epic cameras, but does every other angle have to have zoom-out to the cityscape?). Oh, and the ending sucked. :P

Nice things to say about it... It has Will Smith, I like some of the choices the director made, and it's actually a bit like 28 Days Later.

I recommend 28 Days Later to people who liked I Am Legend (It's far more intense). =]

Furyflame
12-23-2007, 01:36 AM
Oh, and the ending sucked. :P

Yeah, I wish it had a better ending. :l

Smurf
12-23-2007, 01:49 AM
Yeah, I wish it had a better ending. :l
Yeah, that ruined it. =P

I enjoyed it, though it was predictable as most thrillers are. All in all, I had a good time watching it though. Too bad the ending didn't live up to the rest, at least in my eyes. Maybe if they had just left it silent it would have been more powerful, but that end dialoge failed. =\

Stardy
12-23-2007, 01:50 AM
Im gonna go see it when it actually comes out in Turkey or maybe Newcastle when I have time =/.

Bumblebee16
12-23-2007, 01:51 AM
Ha well I liked this movie. I think it was pretty good. I hated when the dog died, but like when the rabid or infected guy captured him (Will Smith) and then released the dogs (infected ones.) I also liked the part where he tries to kill himself.

Tory vs Meaty II
12-23-2007, 01:55 AM
Ha well I liked this movie. I think it was pretty good. I hated when the dog died, but like when the rabid or infected guy captured him (Will Smith) and then released the dogs (infected ones.) I also liked the part where he tries to kill himself.

Don't say what happend in the movie. You are spoiling the people who hasn't seen it yet darn it. :susp:

Stardy
12-23-2007, 02:01 AM
Yeah, people like me >_<

I skipped the post and then read Meatys quote though, damn it!

Bumblebee16
12-24-2007, 06:37 AM
Yeah, people like me >_<

I skipped the post and then read Meatys quote though, damn it!
Ha sorry didn't mean too, even though I thought that we were suppose to talk about the movie here. That's what the thread was for. Isn't it?

Fire Away
12-24-2007, 07:00 AM
It was pretty good. Will Smith did a great job of holding the screen in a (mostly) one-man performance. The monsters though, I didn't really find them that scary. They were just the generic pasty skinned things I've seen a dozen times already. If it's a monster film, at least get a little more creative with them.

Also, I don't really like the new ending so much. In the book, Neville's 'legend' status was stated in a much more poetic and generally (IMO) better way. I suppose it was a little too bleak for Hollywood, though.

DragoniteMistress
12-30-2007, 04:50 AM
It was pretty good. Will Smith did a great job of holding the screen in a (mostly) one-man performance. The monsters though, I didn't really find them that scary. They were just the generic pasty skinned things I've seen a dozen times already. If it's a monster film, at least get a little more creative with them.

Also, I don't really like the new ending so much. In the book, Neville's 'legend' status was stated in a much more poetic and generally (IMO) better way. I suppose it was a little too bleak for Hollywood, though.

Well, they wanted them to be more human-like, because if you're blindly killing off non-human beings, you don't have that much of an effect as you would knowing that they are/once were human beings just like him. They wanted them to be humanesque, but at the same time non-human, if that makes sense.

I just saw it today, it was pretty slow and I hated how the dog died. It felt as if that dark scene where you first really get to see the darkseekers (?) took forever.

Finglonger
12-30-2007, 07:18 PM
I read the book a number of years ago, was wholly disapointed with the movie, the book has a much cooler message and better ending.

Siilenced
12-30-2007, 07:31 PM
that movie REALLY sucked.....

saw it opening weekend....turnout was great ....sold out theatres and all....

BUT...the whole movie was just ridiculus....

it was like THE INVASION....except it had will smith..

i was HUGELY dissapointed...and even the audience who saw it with me were falling asleep the first hour.....and to pass the time....

they made JOKES about what would happen NEXT .....OUTLOUD

i thought he was going to make a volleyball friend named WILSON until halfways into the movie...

...very dull movie..:sleepy:

Orthar
12-31-2007, 01:17 AM
I thought it was okay, but for an overly hyped movie it was rather short. Only about 90 minutes, and I hated the ending. But, I love a good Will Smith movie.

Bumblebee16
12-31-2007, 08:41 AM
that movie REALLY sucked.....

saw it opening weekend....turnout was great ....sold out theatres and all....

BUT...the whole movie was just ridiculus....

it was like THE INVASION....except it had will smith..

i was HUGELY dissapointed...and even the audience who saw it with me were falling asleep the first hour.....and to pass the time....

they made JOKES about what would happen NEXT .....OUTLOUD

i thought he was going to make a volleyball friend named WILSON until halfways into the movie...

...very dull movie..:sleepy:

Ha well I think it was awsome. They sold out the opening weekend and it was packed and I'm pretty sure no one was asleep over here....but who knows. Other than that it was a pretty good movie.

Ali the Dark One
12-31-2007, 08:59 AM
I saw it... It was pretty good, the ending wasn't exactly the best though...

~Ali the Dark One!~

Vincent_Valentine_4
01-01-2008, 07:00 PM
I loved the movie but the ending sucked it left many unanswered questions but good job overall anyways.