PDA

View Full Version : Warriors: By Erin Hunter

Treeky111
12-27-2007, 04:24 PM
For those who wont know what this thread is about. Its about a book series. For me I LOVE it. What are your opinions on it? Explain.

DragoniteMistress
12-27-2007, 04:28 PM
ShadowClan ftw <3

How far are you in the series? I've finished The New Prophecy, think I'll wait sometime before starting The Power of Three. I made Warriors roleplay forum AND a Warriors discussion forum, they're pretty dead now, though.

Treeky111
12-27-2007, 04:33 PM
I've read The New and Old Prophecy. I'm on the second of The Power Of Three. That series is MAD! The best books in the whole series.

DragoniteMistress
12-27-2007, 04:35 PM
I really liked the old series. Firestar ftw, the newer characters get on my nerves more and more. Especially Squirrelflight

Treeky111
12-27-2007, 04:37 PM
You have to read Power Of Three though! Its about Squirrelflight's Kits. Can't beat that.

DragoniteMistress
12-27-2007, 04:41 PM
Well they're technically Tawnypelt's nieces/nephews... That's some uber material right there. Tawnypelt is my favorite.

Treeky111
12-27-2007, 04:51 PM
I don't think Tawnypelt was to excited when she had to fight against them in book 1. :p

DragoniteMistress
12-27-2007, 05:01 PM
Book 1 of The Power of Three?

Don't spoil it for me! : (

Evvy_18
12-27-2007, 05:33 PM
Can someone tell me what they are about? I love reading - so I'm interested.

Is it fantasy? Sci-fi? A teen book or adult?

And what exactly makes it so GOOD?

I'm going to the bookstore tonight, so I might check it out.

DragoniteMistress
12-27-2007, 05:36 PM
Don't you work at the bookstore, Evvy? x3

It's really interesting. Start with Warriors: Into the Wild, since there's three series to it and that could get confusing.

It's a bit of fantasy/sci-fi mix, truth be told. It's about these four Clans of cats that live in a forest, and often war with one another for territory, or food even. It has to do a lot with prophecies, and although it's confusing at first with the leaders, deputies, medicine cats, warriors, apprentices, elders, StarClan cats, etc. it's really easy to pick up and a really addictive book.

Evvy_18
12-27-2007, 05:39 PM
OH, THAT WARRIORS!!

*hits self in head*

Yup, I know that series. It's actually one of the best selling series for children out right now. AND I know exactly where it is on the shelf. Well then, if so many people are into it, I GUESS I'll pick up book #1. I haven't actually read the series, which is why I didn't reconize the author.

And yes, I do work at a book store, but my head is so full of holiday insanity, I'm suprised I'm alive.

DragoniteMistress
12-27-2007, 05:42 PM
OH, THAT WARRIORS!!

*hits self in head*

Yup, I know that series. It's actually one of the best selling series for children out right now. AND I know exactly where it is on the shelf. Well then, if so many people are into it, I GUESS I'll pick up book #1. I haven't actually read the series, which is why I didn't reconize the author.

And yes, I do work at a book store, but my head is so full of holiday insanity, I'm suprised I'm alive.

Aw, poor Evvy xD

Yeah, at first it was pretty mellow, but as it progressed it really got popular. I'm surprised it's a children's book, to be honest. It's rather bloody, gorey, etc. I'm against censorship, so who am I to complain?

fullmetal
12-27-2007, 05:46 PM
I read the 1st one for a book report this year. I hated it, the fact that they were cats was kinda retarded. It was really slow in the beginning of the book. I just spark noted the rest of it. Meh I don't recommend, but hey I hate reading. I rather watch it than read it.

Evvy_18
12-27-2007, 05:46 PM
The blood and gore actually don't matter as much. It's the other themes and whatnot. And how it's written, and how many pages.

How many books are there in all? I might pick up the first two rather than the first. I'm terrible with series - once I get going, there's no end.

DragoniteMistress
12-27-2007, 05:52 PM
Fullmetal, you actually know what a book is? :O

@Evvy: Total so far, with the spin-offs there's 16 I think?

6 : First series
6 : Second Series
1 : Firestar's Quest
1 : Field Guide

And I think on the third series there's only two books for it out so far, I haven't been keeping track.

Evvy_18
12-27-2007, 06:01 PM
Hmmm...sounds like it will keep me busy for a while. Thanks for the recommendation!

Treeky111
12-27-2007, 06:29 PM
Actually I started reading them in September and I've already read The New and Old Prophecys. Plus some manga and one of The Power Of Three. And right now i'm on Firestar's Quest. That book is 512 pages of GOOD! Did you know there is a SKYCLAN? So awesome! So what are your favorite charcters? Mine is Tigerstar/Tigerclaw.

~Treecko

DragoniteMistress
12-27-2007, 06:33 PM
I knew about SkyClan, instead of reading the book I just Wikipedia searched all of the infromation xD

Oh, I'd forgotten about the manga!!

As said, my favorite is Tawnypelt. I want to find out who her kits and mate are/is.

Treeky111
12-27-2007, 06:40 PM
Shoot! I gotta goto warriorcats.com to find out NOW!

@DM: I knew Tawnypelt was your favorite but who is your second favorite?

DragoniteMistress
12-27-2007, 06:41 PM
Lol.

I really like Stormfur, I'm impatient to find out why he and Brook left the Tribe, too >:O

Treeky111
12-27-2007, 06:48 PM
Aw!!! They don't tell you who Tawnypelt's kits are!

@DM: Why Stormfur?

DragoniteMistress
12-27-2007, 07:01 PM
He's laid back, and really protective of Feathertail in the beginning of The New Prophecy.

He was also mentored by Stonefur <3

Treeky111
12-27-2007, 07:17 PM
And Stonefur is one of yor favorites? For me Tigerclaw is so awesome. He causes the action in the series. Like Mudclaw and Hawkfrost in the New Prophecy.