View Full Version : [WAR] The Brotherhood of Steel

Pages : [1] 2 3

Neo Emolga
04-10-2005, 06:56 AM
http://pirate.shu.edu/~rodmanjo/BOS.jpg

Welcome to the Brotherhood of Steel
Season 4 War Team
Currently, the team is at max capacity.

World peace may never be possible. Humans have always had their differences, and in the past, they have formed alliances against each other. However, there is no wrong in trying to achieve the closest thing possible to total world peace. The Brotherhood of Steel is meant to stand as a mountain of clarity in a sea of despair and conflict, a shining light anyone can look to as a formation of unity. It is not The Brotherhood of Steel’s intention to upraise conflict, but instead unite the world under one banner, and make allies even out of the worst of past enemies through honest and firm reform, rather than totally destroying them like many others would do to remove their enemies. However, The Brotherhood is prepared to deal with every threat, since we know that not every organization in power has the same ideals as we do. There are others who are against us, and we must be prepared to deal with them accordingly.

The Brotherhood of Steel is an independent military group, and because of this, we don’t fight for one leader’s ideals, we fight for our own. We fight for the ideals of everyone in The Brotherhood, an ideal of unity among people, regardless of who they are or what they’ve done in the past. And with this unity, people can be expected to be safe and aware under a system of meaningful and reasonable laws, rather than mindlessly carrying out the goals of tyrants and blinded bureaucrats. If there is a hope for peace, then we will gladly take that hope upon our shoulders and take it as far as we can. However, we are aware of the bounds of our influence. For the neutral parties that do not wish to be a benefactor or a threat to our cause, we must leave them to follow their own path. Perhaps there will be another time when they will see the benefits of supporting our cause.

The Brotherhood of Steel realizes that the members of opposing hostile organizations blindly look up toward their leaders, and act upon their leader’s goals rather than their own personal goals, regardless of how destructive they actually are. These same organizations will keep fighting until they reach a state of desperation, and can no longer hold their own. Once their leaders are gone, they become like civilians, no longer under aggression to keep fighting for a cause that they know can no longer be reached. Rather than fully terminating the last of their enemies, the Brotherhood of Steel recruits these lost and surrendering warriors, and through discipline and training, they learn to fight for a much larger and more important cause under our wing. Needless to say, we believe that what was once evil and tarnished does not have to stay evil forever. Rather than looking back upon the atrocities of the past, we look toward the brightness of tomorrow’s future. There will be an answer, and we are that answer.

The Brotherhood of Steel calls upon the aid of mostly Steel, Fire, and Electric type Pokémon, but there are always slight exceptions considering our vast and diverse network. To gain as much control of the area as possible, we have outposts located all around the world in various and well protected places. Also, our soldiers fight alongside their companions using our best technology and our strongest weapons. While we must fight to achieve our goal, we enter the battlefield prepared with every available resource needed to make our victory more than just possible.

Joining The Brotherhood Of Steel

To join the Brotherhood of Steel, you need to post in this thread, and provide the war sections that will be your main focus during the war. Once you have been accepted, you will then receive your own Brotherhood of Steel banner with your own name on it, to certify you have joined the cause. Also on the banner will be your current rank.

In truth, the Brotherhood of Steel needs every member to be a team player and to contribute as much as they can to help their fellow team members in order to achieve maximum success for the team.

The Sign up form will look like this:

Name:
War Section Concentrations (more than one highly recommended):
(Optional) Links to content related to your War Section concentrations:

Ranks

Based on the performance and demonstration of your skills within the Brotherhood, it will be possible for you to advance in rank during the war. Here is a list of the ranks within the Brotherhood of Steel, and the requirements to achieve each rank. These ranks will be used as a basis to influence events within the War RP. Members of a higher rank will have command over those who are of a lower rank, but for mission purposes only.

Initiate – Default rank upon arriving within the Brotherhood of Steel

Squire – Requirement of 2 individual War Points

Knight – Requirement of 4 individual War Points

Paladin – Requirement of 6 Individual War Points

Crusader – Requirement of 8 Individual War Points

Cavalier – Requirement of 10 Individual War Points

General – Requirement of 15 Individual War Points

Commander – There are two sub ranks of Commander, “Head Commander” and “Subordinate Commander.” These two ranks can only be achieved upon retirement of the previous leaders of the Brotherhood of Steel after the founding of the team. Still, let it be known that each member’s individual rank status will play a vital role in determining who shall be granted the position upon the retirement of its previous leaders.

Final Outlook

The Brotherhood of Steel has one vision, and that is to see people working together to build a better and more powerful society, even those who were once against any order whatsoever. The bounds of neutrality are understood and are respected in the meantime as well. The Brotherhood is willing to offer protection to nearby cities and establishments in exchange for resources that will help them win the battles ahead, however, it respects the decisions of those who do not wish to take part within the Brotherhood’s network.

However, there is the threat of evil in every direction, and it has become the Brotherhood’s core objective to eliminate the evil, and accepting their honest surrender as a plea for reform and admittance to a new way of life. Proving this at first may be difficult, but in time, the Brotherhood of Steel believes it won’t be long before people set aside their differences, and see the bounty of cooperation and the dawn of a new society, one that will have its roots based on the growing realm of technology, diversity, and the foundations of freedom, liberty, and unity.

If you feel you’re ready to make a positive difference and take the step that will one day be the path of salvation for humanity, then take that step now, and join the Brotherhood of Steel.

The Brotherhood of Steel Members (20)

Neo Pikachu – Head Commander
Zenaku - Subordinate Commander
Lan - Initiate
Syas - Initiate
Loyal Arcanine - Initiate
Finglonger - Initiate
Fayt - Initiate
Thanatos - Initiate
Hoenn Mirror Girl - Initiate
JohtoTrainer - Initiate
mlugia - Initiate
Deoxys_Trainer - Initiate
manectrics_shockwave - Initiate
vellyvell - Initiate
AbXtreme - Initiate
JDV2.0 - Initiate
Ironshell Blastoise - Initiate
Silver Skarmory - Initiate
IT - Initiate
Satou - Initiate

King Zark
04-10-2005, 03:01 PM
Name:LT05
War Section Concentration(s):Fanfict, Scavenger Hunt, Debate, Pokemon Trivia and Netbattle.

Loyal Arcanine
04-10-2005, 03:56 PM
OK, I've gone through the resumes and the three team threads that are up yet, and I think I'll feel best at The Brotherhood of Steel.

Name: Mike
War Section Concentration(s): Debate, URPG, Netbattle, Moveset/Pokemon Trivia

I think I'd prefer Moveset or Stragetic Trivia, but that may be combined with Pokemon Trivia in general, so I'll settle for that.

Neo Emolga
04-10-2005, 05:36 PM
Okay, just so you two guys are aware of ahead of time, every War team is limited in how many members they can accept, the limit being 10 at this moment. Just so this is clear, this was installed to make sure every team is at even ground before moving on and bumping up the member limit. In this case, every team seriously wants to win, and doesn’t want inactive members who say they have what it takes when they actually don’t. Simply enough, they can’t afford them when there’s going to be other teams armed to the teeth with other powerful members.

Since I’m limited when it comes to member positions and I’m not quite sure of your abilities from my knowledge offhand, I have a request. Yeah, I know the posting of links to past work related to the sections is labeled as optional, but it kept it that way since there are many members that I am already aware of what they can do as far as talents and abilities. As for the two of you, I’m not totally sure yet, so I’m going to need some links to work related to the sections you have selected. LugiaTamer, if you could show me a fan fiction and some debate entries, I’ll give them a look over and see how good they are. As for you, Loyal Arcanine, again, some debate posts and showing me your URPG stats would be a big help.

If the two of you could show me your best work and I’m confident it will help us win the war, then you’ll be accepted. I hope you understand my reason for doing this. Every team wants to win, and they need members who are going to be team players and are going to work hard to do as well as they can for the benefit of everyone on the team. I’m willing to give it everything I can, and I hope the two of you feel the same way.

.AzureLight
04-10-2005, 05:51 PM
Name: Lan
W.S.C.: URPG, RPing, Trivia, Fanfic, Graphics

URPG Stats:

6 battles
2 wins
4 losses

Don't worry, I'm working on capturing more Pokémon, like Taillow.
Right now I only have Scyther and Magikarp... XD

Fanfic:

Well.... I had one, and everyone liked it... and I love to write.

RPing:

Just check your RP!

Trivia:

I know almost everything there is to know about Pokémon!!!

Graphics:

Link in my signature!

Syas
04-10-2005, 06:29 PM
I am petitioning to join NP.

Name: Syas
War Concentration: URPG, Fanfic, Debate, Netbattle, Trivia, Moveset. I am willing to be devoted to Graphics, but I am only so-so at it.
Reason for joining: This is the team I wanted to join since reading the descriptions in the nomination thread. I am interested in being on a well-planned and well-organized neutral team.

I have Catch Stories posted in the URPG here (http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6688), here (http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6744), and here (http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7223), that should give you a feel for my Fanfic ability. Since everything else would be competitive, I would be happy to prove myself against you. :cool:

Loyal Arcanine
04-10-2005, 06:58 PM
My Trainer Stats (http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/forum/showpost.php?p=149932&postcount=181)

These are my URPG stats. I guess the record is not overwhelming, but it is hard in the beginning, when you have only one pokemon; it's also tough to train a new one.
I am currently writing for a Swablu here (http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6800), and by the time the WAR starts, I will surely have some more pokemon.

Unfortunately, my experiences from debating are all from school, so I can't show you anything there.

I am willing to battle you on NetBattle, if you wish to see my skills there.

Finglonger
04-10-2005, 07:22 PM
Name:finglonger
War Section Concentration(s): Netbattle, strategic/moveset trivia, urpg, Debate, writing

optional links/qualifications:

-Alright well captain of the NB team for pe2k during the first interboard tourney here (http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3410&page=1)

-2nd place for NB at the first and second TAFOP tournaments(links no longer exists sorry),

-2 firsts one at a tournamnet held by the members of ignazios arena one randon one I found on tvsians forums(links also no longer exist, tvsians due to haxoring, ignazios due to the fact that it no longer exists)

-a dozen or so other tournaments under my belt(mainly for gsc, but a few rs and rby are chunked into there as well)

-also Nb gives me a good knowledge of movesets and strategies, yeah

-decent urpg player(havent done it in a while, but I could get back on it),stats (http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/forum/showthread.php?t=10&page=7&pp=15)

-former captain of my schools debate team

-as for writing im not much for fanfics, but I'd like to think im decent at writing poetry when the mood catches mehere (http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6542)

Zenaku
04-10-2005, 07:22 PM
After looking over each current Team I've come to find this as the one which represents ideals I myself hold the most. So, I decided that this would be the Team with which I'd feel most comfortable in.

Name: Daz
War Section Concentrations: Role-Play, FanArt, Debate
Will attempt: FanFiction, various random sections (Scavenger-Hunt, Humor, etc)

Rukario
04-10-2005, 07:58 PM
Name: Rukario
War Section Concentrations: Pokemon Trivia :silenced: (I'm an expert)

Neo Emolga
04-10-2005, 08:43 PM
Lan:

I like the way you RPing skills are, I’ve seen them in action myself. Just member, the longer your posts are in the War RP and the more descriptive they are, the better you’ll do. As for fan fiction, don’t be afraid to post some of it at Pokémon Community for some reviews. Take what they say and build upon it. As for Graphics, I definitely think the Ariados sig is sweet. Keep that up and you’ll go far in graphics, just know that the competition will be hot in that section.

Welcome to the Brotherhood of Steel, Lan.

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y109/Ultradyne/LANBOS.jpg

Syas:

Like with any URPG event, the more Pokémon you have and the more TMs you arm them with, the better you’ll do. As for graphics, if you’re unsure about it, don’t spend too much time with it, the main important thing to do here is to build on your strengths rather than trying to fix weaknesses. Keep building your fan fictions and you’ll do well in the War.

Welcome to the Brotherhood of Steel, Syas.

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y109/Ultradyne/SYASBOS.jpg

Loyal Arcanine:

Okay, thanks for showing me your stats. Continue building them for the URPG, but just know that some of the URPG vets have very lethal teams. A better place to put some more of your concentration for the war would be debating and Netbattle. Perhaps give some of the debate threads in the Other Discussion board to see how debating works best around here, and get an idea. We have some tough debaters here, so be prepared to learn how they debate and try to go even further than how they usually do it.

Welcome to the Brotherhood of Steel, Loyal Arcanine.

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y109/Ultradyne/LABOS.jpg

Finglonger:

Heh, I already knew you were awesome at Netbattle, hence the reason why I sent that PM to you in the first place. Great to have you on the team.

As for poetry and the like, maybe give Creative Writing a shot. Plenty of people submit entries, but if you put some hefty effort into them and make them sound vivid, you’ll do well. There is a chance my brother (goes by the name of Fayt) will also be joining BOS, and his focus will be on CW as well.

Welcome to the Brotherhood of Steel, Finglonger.

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y109/Ultradyne/FingBOS.jpg

Zenaku:

I honestly had a strong feeling you would be joining Matthew’s team due to the evil alignment standing, but nonetheless, this is quite a pleasant surprise. I already know you’re RP skills are incredibly kickass, as well as your artistic abilities. As for Debate, I’m sure you’ll do fine in there as well.

Give fan fiction a shot, it’s a pretty competitive area but I definitely think you have what it takes. Creative Writing and Humor are good places to focus on as well, since its easier to submit a more compact entry.

Welcome to the Brotherhood of Steel Zenaku.

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y109/Ultradyne/ZENBOS.jpg

Rukario:

Trivia is good but we need to spread the team’s focus on sections as much as possible and still have diversified strength in each section. If you notice, many of the members are focusing on more than one section, which is something we need from every member. If you’re up for it, maybe provide links to some other sections that you feel you have strengths in. Creative Writing and humor is a good place to start. If you can show me what you’ve got when it comes to some other skills you have besides trivia and it looks great, I’ll consider you a candidate.

Just show me your skills and we’ll see how you do.

Concerning Banners

You’re definitely welcome to use the banner I’ve provided, and you’re definitely more than welcome to make your own Brotherhood of Steel banners if you so wish, just as long as they have your name, your rank in the Brotherhood, and the words “Brotherhood of Steel” or some close variation of that.

Yes, you'll probably notice I changed the background on the team banners, since the previous background was way too dark. Other than that, they've pretty much stayed the same.

Concerning the Subordinate Commander Position

Yes, I will be selecting a Subordinate Commander soon, as soon as 10 members arrive. Considering how many members we’ve gotten already, I can definitely say it won’t be very long at all.

The basis for this selection will be with regard to their leadership abilities as well as their individual skills and talents. Trust me, I will put a lot of thought and consideration into this decision before I make the final call.

That’s all. Special thanks for everyone who decided to join. I’m very confident each of us have what it takes to win the war and go much further than the rest of the teams.

Rukario
04-10-2005, 09:12 PM
Name: Rukario
War Section Concentrations: Pokemon Trivia :silenced: (I'm an expert)
Well, Neo Pikachu. What about Role Play.
So, will be. Role Play and Trivia Games.

Fayt
04-10-2005, 09:32 PM
I'd like to join so count me in. Sorry I've been gone for so long but I have been really busy. I can do RP, creative writing and fanfiction.

I really enjoy writing so can help anyway possible there.

Loyal Arcanine
04-10-2005, 09:46 PM
Great, thanks for letting me join Neo. I'll do my best at Debates and Netbattle, and might pop in somewhere else depending on how things go. Meanwhile, I'll keep training in the URPG, so one day I can be lethal too. =P

Thanatos
04-10-2005, 10:14 PM
Well, I finally made my decision. Neo, I'd like to join you.

Name: Thanatos
War Concentration: Art, Roleplay, URPG (also all the smaller stuff, like trivia and scavenger hunts)
Links to prove my worth: Winner of the March Smeargle Art Challenge (http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/forum/showpost.php?p=178023&postcount=24), My Signature/Art Thread (http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6700&page=1&pp=15)

I haven't done many RPs before, but I am hoping to learn, and I may as well learn from some of the best.

If you'll have me *bows out*

.AzureLight
04-10-2005, 10:22 PM
Okay, we will pwn with DC! :oops:

That's 2 great graphic artists, 3 including me!

Thanatos
04-10-2005, 10:40 PM
Okay, we will pwn with DC! :oops:

That's 2 great graphic artists, 3 including me!

Neo Pikachu, Myself, you...did you forget Zenaku? That's 4...

Neo Emolga
04-10-2005, 11:19 PM
Fayt:

For those of you who don’t know, Fayt is actually my brother. He is the destroyer of worlds when it comes to creative writing. Plus, he’s quite good at role playing, and I’m sure he’ll do awesome in fan fiction if he decides to give it a shot.

Welcome to the Brotherhood of Steel, Fayt.

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y109/Ultradyne/FAYTBOS.jpg

Thanatos:

Heh, I already know what kind of power you’re capable of, and I’m glad to have you on the team. And heh, you’ll adore the War RP, its totally awesome.

Welcome to the Brotherhood of Steel, Thanatos.

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y109/Ultradyne/TBOS.jpg

And Rukario, if you could show me some RP entries, it would help. Thanks.

Finglonger
04-10-2005, 11:31 PM
thanks for picking me neo, I'll consider getting in on some fan fics, but its really not my forte.

if anybody wants some help with netbattle or wants to train for the urpg then you can pm me or get ahold of me via aim: lenininspace

Caite-chan
04-10-2005, 11:38 PM
Name: Shane
War Section Concentrations: URPG, Role Play, and anything else I might be good at...lol.

.AzureLight
04-11-2005, 12:01 AM
I think this will be the best team... :oops:

I can't wait for the WAR to start! :oops:

Neo Emolga
04-11-2005, 12:37 AM
Shane:

Sweet! Another outstanding member! RP is great and so is the URPG. Don’t be afraid to give Creative Writing and Humor a shot too, since I think you would be pretty good with those as well.

Welcome to the Brotherhood of Steel, Shane.

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y109/Ultradyne/SHANEBOS.jpg

I also noticed I’m down to one last member spot, and I am saving it for Dap. Just so you know, he’s still deciding on the team he wants to join, but he is giving our team serious consideration. Until I get final word from him regarding his decision, The Brotherhood of Steel is pretty much at max capacity until the member limit bar is raised, which will likely not occur for a while. Still, it continues to amaze me that our team filled up to the max on opening day. That has to be a good sign.

In all, I’d definitely like to personally thank everyone who decided to join the Brotherhood of Steel, and I’m also very excited about the upcoming war. I know all of you have plenty of awesome skills and talents, and I know if we work together, we will definitely win big this war season. Again, thank you for joining, and I hope you're ready to give it everything you've got for Season 4.

.AzureLight
04-11-2005, 01:06 AM
thanks for picking me neo, I'll consider getting in on some fan fics, but its really not my forte.

if anybody wants some help with netbattle or wants to train for the urpg then you can pm me or get ahold of me via aim: lenininspace

I want to train for the URPG, but I only have MSN... plus, I don't think a ref is online...

Man, I wish someone would grade my Taillow story! Gotta start training for the war!!!

Incongruity
04-11-2005, 01:07 AM
congratulations, NP. I see your team is strong. Unfortunately, I look at my own team, and although it looked prospective at first, some new members look... doubtful. Atleast you're full so some of the other teams can get some action :goofy: :goofy:

Matt needs to get on soon to accept/reject us and stop :sleepy: or :banana: ing

[Fair]
04-11-2005, 01:32 AM
congratulations, NP. I see your team is strong. Unfortunately, I look at my own team, and although it looked prospective at first, some new members look... doubtful. Atleast you're full so some of the other teams can get some action :goofy: :goofy:

Matt needs to get on soon to accept/reject us and stop :sleepy: or :banana: ing

Yeah, I agree. Quit taking all the members, ya hog! Save some for Dani! :tongue:

Neo Emolga
04-11-2005, 01:45 AM
']Yeah, I agree. Quit taking all the members, ya hog! Save some for Dani! :tongue:

Ah, trust me. I'm sure Dani will get at least two more members and Matthew will finally accept his new members before the night is over with. Thing is, he needs to be selective, but he still has plenty of members waiting right at his door.

Zenaku
04-11-2005, 02:59 AM
There shouldn't really be much to worry about; every Team should be full come WAR Season 4. I'm sure there are at least 60 active members who are Team material on the forums.

Anyway, great to be a part of the Team, and I'll definately give FanFiction a go. I just reorganised some ideas I've been coming up with for the past week, so hopefully I can get a good plot and actually introduce the characters well in the actual fic (Character introductions is my worst writing strength). Eh... I just hope I can sort out my fanfic and prepare myself for the role-play. The other sections are pretty much spur of the moment things (i.e. Get a theme and enter based on it).

Pidgeot79
04-11-2005, 03:04 AM
Name: Pidgeot79
War Section Concentrations (more than one highly recommended):Netbattle, Graphics, Debate, Pokemon Trivia, Moveset Trivia, Scavenger Hunt
Links to content related to your War Section concentrations:

-Graphics-
CLICK (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v205/DaMightea1/05c96188.gif)
CLICK (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v205/DaMightea1/PokemonElite2000sBanneroftheWeekCompetition2GIF.gi f)
CLICK (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v205/DaMightea1/3b4b7f5a.png)
CLICK (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v205/DaMightea1/Pidgey-DatedFRLG-Yellow.gif)
CLICK (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v205/DaMightea1/897c34a0.gif)

Finglonger
04-11-2005, 03:07 AM
uh pidegot, I think neo said that he wasnt going to accept any other members until dap made his decision = /

Pidgeot79
04-11-2005, 03:09 AM
uh pidegot, I think neo said that he wasnt going to accept any other members until dap made his decision = /

I only counted 9 on the list and the limit is 10 currently,but I can wait incase something has changed.

Neo Emolga
04-11-2005, 03:10 AM
Name: Pidgeot79
War Section Concentrations (more than one highly recommended):Netbattle, Graphics, Debate, Pokemon Trivia, Moveset Trivia, Scavenger Hunt
Links to content related to your War Section concentrations:

-Graphics-
CLICK (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v205/DaMightea1/05c96188.gif)
CLICK (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v205/DaMightea1/PokemonElite2000sBanneroftheWeekCompetition2GIF.gi f)
CLICK (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v205/DaMightea1/3b4b7f5a.png)
CLICK (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v205/DaMightea1/Pidgey-DatedFRLG-Yellow.gif)
CLICK (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v205/DaMightea1/897c34a0.gif)

Meh, it pains me to say this, but we already filled up only a few hours ago. I know you're a pretty damn good graphic artist too, and I definitely would have accepted you, but I can't.

The only option I can give you is to perhap hold your place just in case Dap wants to switch to Marth's team, but that means you'd have to wait. If he does go with Marth, I'll definitely give you first rights to the last open position. If that's okay with you, I'll gladly keep your place if you're still interested.

Pidgeot79
04-11-2005, 04:07 AM
Meh, it pains me to say this, but we already filled up only a few hours ago. I know you're a pretty damn good graphic artist too, and I definitely would have accepted you, but I can't.

The only option I can give you is to perhap hold your place just in case Dap wants to switch to Marth's team, but that means you'd have to wait. If he does go with Marth, I'll definitely give you first rights to the last open position. If that's okay with you, I'll gladly keep your place if you're still interested.

Okay,I'l wait a day or so.

Hoenn Mirror Girl
04-11-2005, 04:15 AM
Name: Ida
War Section Concentrations: Fanfiction and Netbattle

I hope I can bring this team victory!

LunaFlame
04-11-2005, 04:18 AM
Name:LunaFlame
War Section Concentrations (more than one highly recommended):Trivia Games,Walkthroughs,(will post more).

Neo Emolga
04-11-2005, 04:28 AM
Man, I really didn't think I would run into this problem...

Yes, I offered JIG a postion LONG before the BOS thread was even created. During the afternoon, I got so many requests to join the team that I completely forgot about it, and I kick myself for it but there's really not much I can do but promise JIG the position I had originally promised her before I even gave anyone else a postion. Needless to say, its really her who should rightfully have it.

I know Pidgeot79 is a really cool guy, and is an awesome graphic artist, but I feel sick to my stomach giving him the run around like this. I wish I could invite everyone, but I can't, but just know that I would have loved to have you on the team, Pidgeot. I hope there's no hard feelings about this.

LunaFlame
04-11-2005, 04:32 AM
Is there any other team that is pretty good???

Rukario
04-11-2005, 04:33 AM
And Rukario, if you could show me some RP entries, it would help. Thanks.
Well, Neo, I put ROlePlay because you wanted more than one. I'm starting on it. Entry (http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6812) I'm only an expert in trivias Entry (http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7102&page=1&pp=15) and more or less in battling others. Entry (http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7140&page=5&pp=15).

Neo Emolga
04-11-2005, 04:47 AM
Hoenn Mirror Girl:

I'm definitely quite sure of your abilites in fan fiction writing, and needless you say the massive amounts of MOTM awards you've gotten from them. Plus, I know you've won war points from them before. I'd encourage you to join the War RP as well, but that's up to you. I know you would be good at it though.

Welcome to the Brotherhood of Steel, HMG.

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y109/Ultradyne/HMGBOS.jpg

Well, I hate to say it but sign-ups are offically closed. The final team roster is on the first post. Thank you everyone who decided to join.

Finglonger
04-11-2005, 05:30 AM
welcome to the team Jig, and for those of you who couldn't get in, there will be more signups after all teams get 10, I think.
if youre hell bent on getting on this team, you could always wait until then....

Rukario
04-11-2005, 05:39 AM
Well, Neo, I put ROlePlay because you wanted more than one. I'm starting on it. Entry (http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6812) I'm only an expert in trivias Entry (http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7102&page=1&pp=15) and more or less in battling others. Entry (http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7140&page=5&pp=15).
I post it again, because maybe Neo didn't saw it. I hope you agree now. Also there are too many more trivia games where I am.

Neo Emolga
04-11-2005, 06:04 AM
I post it again, because maybe Neo didn't saw it. I hope you agree now. Also there are too many more trivia games where I am.

Sorry, but sign ups are closed. There are still five other teams that are going to participate in the war, so there is still a possibility that you could join one of them instead.

Fayt
04-11-2005, 06:27 AM
That was insanely quick how we filled. Looks like we'll dominate pretty well.

Neo Emolga
04-11-2005, 06:42 AM
Heh, definitely true. I didn't think I would easily get more members than I could possibly handle, but its great to see the team is up and ready to go.

In the meantime, we can still have some nice BOS chat.

Kenny_C.002
04-11-2005, 06:59 AM
Somebody's looking boss on the first day. ;)

But yeah I'm not actually applying or anything, but good luck to your team Neo. I do know that I dont' want to go off one-on-one with at least half of the members in your team, that's for sure.

*continues his freelancing ways...for now*

Fayt
04-11-2005, 07:20 AM
Do we have the details of how/where/when/etc. the next RP will take place? I want to get it all down in my head relatively soon.
Also to everyone who joined... welcome... welcome to the Brotherhood of Steel (had to say that).

Neo Emolga
04-11-2005, 07:22 AM
Do we have the details of how/where/when/etc. the next RP will take place? I want to get it all down in my head relatively soon.
Also to everyone who joined... welcome... welcome to the Brotherhood of Steel (had to say that).

The War RP plot will be annouced soon, we're still getting opinions from a third party regarding it. But, the three of us did make quite an intresting plot, I'd have to say.

Fayt
04-11-2005, 08:15 AM
Sounds good. Can't wait to see what it'll be like this time. Whatever the case. What will we more likely do early on? Stay in place and stay sharp while developing like crazy or try and go accomplish something with a few less goodies?

Thanatos
04-11-2005, 08:25 AM
That was insanely quick how we filled. Looks like we'll dominate pretty well.

Oh yes, let the domination begin.

I changed the colour of my banner, I might even change the theme later, or make a bigger banner. Experimenting is always fun. =P

Zenaku
04-11-2005, 09:53 AM
Well, it might seem a little unfair, but the member limits were put up for this exact same reason: to prevent one Team from becoming overpowered. At any rate, I hope those unable to join go ahead to join a Team which matches their ideals and/or has friends of theirs, otherwise they won't really find WAR Season 4 fun.

As for RP, there's really no details, Fayt. Neo and Harry haven't revealed details as far as I know due to the fact that they might completely change them before the WAR (Unless they've mentioned it in the planning thread when I wasn't paying attention...).

Thanatos
04-11-2005, 11:36 AM
This team seems righteous, besides, I love the nobility. The ranks are awesome. By the end of the war, I WILL BE A SQUIRE =P

As for the whole friends thing, most of the people here seem nice enough. Sure enough, dap isn't on the team, but Daz, Shane, NP and Lan are :wink:

And Neo thought he'd have trouble filling the team. Deluded by his own excellence :tongue:

Hoenn Mirror Girl
04-11-2005, 03:32 PM
Well, hopefully the fic that I'm currently planning to get us some WAR points.

For starters, it's a totally new story that I've been tempted to work on for a long time. The plot is still its early stages and some changes may happen.

Caite-chan
04-11-2005, 04:30 PM
w00t! I dono how long it will be till I get my computer fix but, I'll do the best I can . ^_^

Neo Emolga
04-11-2005, 05:37 PM
This team seems righteous, besides, I love the nobility. The ranks are awesome. By the end of the war, I WILL BE A SQUIRE =P

As for the whole friends thing, most of the people here seem nice enough. Sure enough, dap isn't on the team, but Daz, Shane, NP and Lan are :wink:

And Neo thought he'd have trouble filling the team. Deluded by his own excellence :tongue:

Heh, Thanatos, I'm sure by the end of the war you'll probably be at least beyond the Paladin rank. You're awesome at art and you know it, and you've got plenty of other skills as well.

Trust me, I definitely didn't think I would be the first team to fill up, but I'm glad we have an outstanding mix of great and talented members.

Fayt
04-11-2005, 05:42 PM
Trust me, I definitely didn't think I would be the first team to fill up, but I'm glad we have an outstanding mix of great and talented members.
I wish I was talented too:ermm: . I'm just a big lazy bum who writes published poems and stories.

Loyal Arcanine
04-11-2005, 05:47 PM
I wish I was talented too:ermm: . I'm just a big lazy bum who writes published poems and stories.

Published? OMG ... somebody's gonna pwn creative writing ...

.AzureLight
04-11-2005, 05:53 PM
Hey, what is the theme for the fanfics? I want to start writing! :oops:

By the way, how exactly does the war work? :susp:

Fayt
04-11-2005, 06:01 PM
I took about 5 minutes to write a little poem for us
The Brotherhood of Steel
Together we stand
With purpose we march
Precedent calls us
Destiny brings us
Steel binds us
We are the Brotherhood
Brotherhood of Steel
For our binds together
Are resilient
The enemies against us
Are fruitless
For we are bound by steel
And stronger then steel
Brotherhood binds us all

Zenaku
04-11-2005, 06:02 PM
Hey, what is the theme for the fanfics? I want to start writing! :oops:

By the way, how exactly does the war work? :susp:
I'm pretty sure you can write about whatever you want for FanFiction, as long as it involves Pokemon.

As for the WAR, well... There are seperate sections (FanArt, RP, etc) and each section has a judge. Each week, [most of] the judges give out themes (With exceptence to RP, FanFiction and other non-themed sections), and at the end of the week, they give out points to the best members (Best graphic artist, best fanfic update, best RP posts, fastest Teams so complete scavenger hunt, etc).

Basically, you just compete in whatever areas you want to try and gain points for the Team. Obviously, the Team with the most points at the end of the war wins.

.AzureLight
04-11-2005, 06:05 PM
Okay, thanks! I'll get started on my ideas right away!

We are going to win this war!!!

Syas
04-11-2005, 11:35 PM
Glad to be part of the team NP, thank you for the acceptance.

Reporting for Duty :wink:

Finglonger
04-11-2005, 11:51 PM
0_0 fayt that was awesome, gives me a huge ingroup bias thats what it does. Anyways I was kind of dissapointed that we couldnt get khold on this team, too bad. = /

Fayt
04-12-2005, 01:22 AM
0_0 fayt that was awesome, gives me a huge ingroup bias thats what it does. Anyways I was kind of dissapointed that we couldnt get khold on this team, too bad. = /
Thanks Fing, glad you liked it. Sorry if it was kinda out of the blue there though.

Neo Emolga
04-12-2005, 02:50 AM
Well, I've been thinking about making alternative BOS banners, ones that actually... have Pokemon in them. Plus, these new ones could be a bit bigger as well, since these new ones seem a bit... crowded to say the least, and they look pretty tiny.

I'll definitely keep the current ones up if you still want them though, but I honestly feel they could use a bit more zest into them.

Syas
04-12-2005, 03:04 AM
Maybe releasing the .PSD would be useful so that if it is customized with Pokemon, you don't have to make them all?

Hoenn Mirror Girl
04-12-2005, 03:59 AM
Well, I've been thinking about making alternative BOS banners, ones that actually... have Pokemon in them.
I'd say Meowth and Skitty (*love 'em to bits*), but they're not the Steel, Fire, or Electric Pokemon that'll suit the Brotherhood of Steel.

Then, there's Lagadi/Jacrystal, but they're not official.

Ugh... I don't have a lot of choices. Meow...

Neo Emolga
04-12-2005, 04:09 AM
Maybe releasing the .PSD would be useful so that if it is customized with Pokemon, you don't have to make them all?

Genius. Pure genius. I'll definitely have to commend you for that.

I'll design the new banner with a bigger size and a fresh new steel and tech type design, but as for Pokemon, they're your choice, just so as long as they're either Steel, Fire, or Electric. Once I'm done with it, I'll release the PSD of it, so you can cutomize it in your own way with Photoshop. I gave Thanatos the PSD of the older banner and he changed the colors, and I really don't mind if you do that either. Heh, you can change the text and the backgrounds too if you'd like, do whatever you want with it.

Man, I definitely like that idea.

Syas
04-12-2005, 04:43 AM
I definitely like that idea.
Happy to contribute.

...so as long as they're either Steel, Fire, or Electric.
Here is a list for valid pokemon. If I forgot any, let me know and I will edit accordingly. :pirate:

Electric
Chinchou/Lanturn
Electrike/Manectric
Elekid/Electabuzz
Jolteon
Mareep/Flaaffy/Ampharos
Minun
Pichu/Pikachu/Raichu
Plusle
Raikou
Voltorb/Electrode
Zapdos

Fire
Charmander/Charmeleon/Charizard
Cyndaquil/Quilava/Typhlosion
Entei
Flareon
Growlithe/Arcanine
Houndour/Houndoom
Ho-Oh
Magby/Magmar
Moltres
Numel/Camerupt
Ponyta/Rapidash
Slugma/Magcargo
Torchic/Combusken/Blaziken
Torkoal
Vulpix/Ninetales

Steel
Aron/Lairon/Aggron
Beldum/Metang/Metagross
Forretress
Jirachi
Mawile
Registeel
Scizor
Skarmory
Steelix

Electric/Steel
Magnemite/Magneton

As for those who want to add one of our theme-typed Pokemon to their URPG Team, here is what is available from the PokeMart and their prices.

Beldum $10000
Charmander - $8000
Chinchou - $5500
Cyndaquil - $8000
Eevee - $8000 (Thunder Stone or Fire Stone $2100, Remember you need to complete 7 fights before you can get Jolteon or Flareon)
Elekid $6000
Magby $6000
Mareep $5000
Minun $6500
Numel $6000
Pichu - $5000 (Spirit Stone [$3750] and 5 Fights for Pikachu, Thunder Stone [$2100] and 5 Fights for Raichu)
Pineco $5500 (Evolves into Forretress after 7 fights)
Plusle $6500
Torchic $8000
Voltorb - $6000

Anything beyond that must be caught via the Story Method (or Special Event)

Finglonger
04-12-2005, 05:11 AM
Genius. Pure genius. I'll definitely have to commend you for that.

I'll design the new banner with a bigger size and a fresh new steel and tech type design, but as for Pokemon, they're your choice, just so as long as they're either Steel, Fire, or Electric. Once I'm done with it, I'll release the PSD of it, so you can cutomize it in your own way with Photoshop. I gave Thanatos the PSD of the older banner and he changed the colors, and I really don't mind if you do that either. Heh, you can change the text and the backgrounds too if you'd like, do whatever you want with it.

Man, I definitely like that idea.

problem with that is, I dont have photoshop. Could I have someone do that for me, by any chance? I'll pay you back in hugs....

Hoenn Mirror Girl
04-12-2005, 05:13 AM
Looks like if I want a HMW style for my BoS banner, I'm stuck with either Flannery and Wattson's Pokemon.

No problem, though! Meow!

Fayt
04-12-2005, 05:50 AM
problem with that is, I dont have photoshop. Could I have someone do that for me, by any chance? I'll pay you back in hugs....
Im not much when it comes to photoshop but I can try to do some basic stuff. I'd get destroyed in the graphics section lol.

Thanatos
04-12-2005, 08:56 AM
Fear not my friends, your friend Thanatos is here to save you!

=P

I will change any .psd files that people want me too. I'm actually designing an Aggron TBOS banner for myself. I'll show you it when I'm finished.

But yeah, if your current banner isn't the right colour for you, shout out. I'm happy to do it (and it isn't hard =P)

Loyal Arcanine
04-12-2005, 02:32 PM
Fear not my friends, your friend Thanatos is here to save you!

=P

I will change any .psd files that people want me too. I'm actually designing an Aggron TBOS banner for myself. I'll show you it when I'm finished.

But yeah, if your current banner isn't the right colour for you, shout out. I'm happy to do it (and it isn't hard =P)

Ah, that's great. I'm a complete n00b when it comes to graphics.

...so as long as they're either Steel, Fire, or Electric.
That was actually also one of my reasons to join ... Arcanine, Arcanine! :happy:

Neo Emolga
04-12-2005, 06:29 PM
Like OMG, yes, I finished the new tech banner for The Brotherhood of Steel, and I think it looks great. But, I also designed it so it’s easy for you guys to adjust accordingly to your own preferences once you bring it into Photoshop.

This is the actual PSD file itself:

http://pirate.shu.edu/~rodmanjo/BOSMAIN.psd

Adjusting the banner for your own desires

Fonts

First, the fonts. You’re going to need them if you want to adjust the text, but you can find each at every one of them at www.dafont.com. Once you download the fonts, unzip the files, take the font files and put them into your font folder which is in Control Panel.

The font that was used for “The Brotherhood of Steel” is called Alexis, specifically, Alexis Laser. You can find the whole pack of Alexis fonts right at this page:

http://www.dafont.com/en/theme.php?cat=303

It’s the last one on the bottom.

The font that was used for my name “Neo Pikachu” is called Venus Uprising (I love this font by the way). You can find it here:

http://www.dafont.com/en/theme.php?cat=303&page=16

It’s the second to last one, right above “Viper Squadron”

And finally, the font that was used for the rank under my name and for the “Peace through liberty, purity, and unity” is a bitmap font called 04b_09. Again, you can find it here:

http://www.dafont.com/en/bitmap.php

It’s the second from the top. Shouldn’t be too hard to find.

Once you’ve downloaded your fonts, changing the text on the PDS file is easy. You don’t need to delete anything either, since Photoshop will add all the Outer Glow stuff anyway as you type your name and rank out. Please, just be honest with the rank, otherwise it takes the fun out of promotions. You’re welcome to change the quote if you feel you'd like to see something else there instead.

Adding your own Pokémon

I tend to put Pikachu on just about everything, but you of course don’t have to. If you open up the PSD file, you see that Pikachu and Skarmory are on their own layer. All you have to do is delete them and insert the Pokémon that you want to use, just make sure they’re Steel, Fire, or Electric to fit the theme.

The color that covers them at the moment is from adding Layer>New Adjustment Layer>Color Balance. I used this to match the colors of the Pokémon I used and wiped off the half that covered the other Pokémon that didn’t match their color. After adding two of these, one for each Pokémon, that’s the effect I got.

All you have to do is delete them and add your own if you want to. You're welcome to try other stuff too if you'd like.

Tech Border

Yeah, the border is pretty simplistic since the more border you have, the less of everything else you have. You’re welcome to change or erase mine and add your own. If you want help in making your own tech borders, a really good tutorial on how to do them can be found here:

http://defectinthesystem.com/studio/content/tutorials/border1.php

Background

There’s a ton of layers called BGLAYER right below everything else. This makes for the somewhat marbleized background. Again, you’re welcome to change this if you’d like, but you might need some Photoshop brushes for that.

Hopefully that helps. Have fun with it, and I'd love to see what you can come up with.

Special thanks goes to Syas for the idea.

Caite-chan
04-12-2005, 07:01 PM
God NP could you make it more confuseing…lol. I dono what I might use...I might go with Zapdos.

Neo Emolga
04-12-2005, 07:19 PM
God NP could you make it more confuseing…lol. I dono what I might use...I might go with Zapdos.

It's not that confusing, its just the part with the fonts that takes the most space.

And heh, you can still use Zapdos.

Caite-chan
04-12-2005, 07:58 PM
Yeah but knowing me I would screw it up one way or another...lol.

.AzureLight
04-12-2005, 11:01 PM
Could someone change mine to Typhlosion and Ampharos? :oops:

Thanks!

Johto Master
04-12-2005, 11:09 PM
I will join
Name: NOS
What I am good in: Trivia and Scavenger Hunts

Loyal Arcanine
04-12-2005, 11:10 PM
Well I also don't have photoshop, so I'll have to down on my knees and ask somebody to do it for me ...

*goes down on knees*

Can anybody change it for me to Arcanine?

Finglonger
04-12-2005, 11:51 PM
ah Im also going to have to humbly ask that someone help out here as lack of photoshop demands it. If someone could put steelix on mine I would be most grateful...= )

Neo Emolga
04-13-2005, 12:36 AM
Yeah but knowing me I would screw it up one way or another...lol.

Just give me a minute with your banner. I decided to do it and its coming along nicely with a very kickass picture of Zapdos on it.

Well I also don't have photoshop, so I'll have to down on my knees and ask somebody to do it for me ...

*goes down on knees*

Can anybody change it for me to Arcanine?

I'll try to do if after I finish Shane's. Meanwhile, if you could find the picture of Aranine that you want, that would be a big help.

Also, for anyone else who wants the newer banner, just tell me what Pokemon you want on it, if any at all. Not sure if you wanted any Pokemon on it Fing, but now would be a good time to mention it.

I will join
Name: NOS
What I am good in: Trivia and Scavenger Hunts

Meh, hate to say it, but the BOS is locked at the moment since we reached the max capacity of ten members. There are still other teams looking for memebers, so I'd recommend giving them a look.

.AzureLight
04-13-2005, 12:41 AM
We should keep NOS on reserve!

And what about my banner? Typhlosion/Ampharos!

Finglonger
04-13-2005, 12:57 AM
oh steelix Np, and thanks mein freund.

Loyal Arcanine
04-13-2005, 01:40 AM
Actually, I found a nice picture of Growlithe. So if it can be any pic, I would like to have that one.

http://images.google.com/images?q=tbn:EZu5dMqH8gYJ:www.tenzor.cz/jolteon/images

Perhaps you can make the colours fit with the banner?
Thanks in advance.

*Bows for the Head Commander*

Neo Emolga
04-13-2005, 02:10 AM
*Smacks forehead*

Yeah, now I see it Fing. Sorry I missed it.

And Shane, I finished your banner. Hope it looks good enough for you.

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y109/Ultradyne/SHANEBOS2.jpg

Heh, I'd have to admit, these banners look way more hot than the banners from the other teams.

I'll try to get to the others tomorrow, or maybe later tonight.

.AzureLight
04-13-2005, 02:16 AM
Those are amazing! :oops:

I think we pwn just by our banners! :oops:

Syas
04-13-2005, 02:27 AM
Well I edited mine, what do you guys think? :pirate:

Neo Emolga
04-13-2005, 02:38 AM
Those are amazing! :oops:

I think we pwn just by our banners! :oops:

Here, I quickly did one more for you. I'll try to get around to Fing's and LA's later, since I've been making these for the last hour or two.

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y109/Ultradyne/LANBOS2.jpg

Neo Emolga
04-13-2005, 03:00 AM
Sorry to double post, but I can't stop tonight.

Here's yours Finglonger. Enjoy.

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y109/Ultradyne/FINGBOS2.jpg

Finglonger
04-13-2005, 03:04 AM
ah thanks np, that freaking rocks. = )

Fayt
04-13-2005, 03:38 AM
There, how's this for my new BOS sig?

Thanatos
04-13-2005, 07:30 AM
Wow Neo, that's one of the best team banners ever. You have to tell me where you find those awesome Pokemon pictures. They are freakin awesome.

I will do LA's as soon as I can. In the mean-time, I am still working with my version of the BOS banner.

Fayt
04-13-2005, 01:58 PM
Wow Neo, that's one of the best team banners ever. You have to tell me where you find those awesome Pokemon pictures. They are freakin awesome.

I will do LA's as soon as I can. In the mean-time, I am still working with my version of the BOS banner.
I think he actually frame captures them all from the movies. Just a guess though. I never really watched him at work.

Thanatos
04-13-2005, 03:10 PM
Oh yeah. I suppose that explains the awesome pictures.

I did a TBOS Banner. I'm using it for now, but I might swap later. It's definately not as good as Neo's far as I'm concerned. His tech borders always pwn.

http://img31.echo.cx/img31/6827/tbosbanner18hh.png

When I make the other Neo version on, I'm using this Aggron pic and maybe Metagross. Woo!

I tried to add some animation, but the Brush tool can be very inaccurate.

Neo Emolga
04-13-2005, 04:37 PM
I think he actually frame captures them all from the movies. Just a guess though. I never really watched him at work.

That's pretty much how I did it. The Zapdos in Shane's banner is straight from Pokemon 2000, while the Pikachu in my sig is from the Pikachu and Pichu short in the 3rd Pokemon movie. Screen captures from the movies themselves give you an enormous amount of quality and variance compared to pictures you find off of Google.

With that said, you if know there's an image of a Pokemon that you want from Pokemon 2000, Pokemon the Thrid Movie, Pokemon Heroes or Jirachi Wishmaker, just let me know. It's pretty easy for me to get it, but still, I'd rather email it to you, since uploading it is going to be a pain.

And Thanatos, that banner rocks! Nice job on the background and the border!

Caite-chan
04-13-2005, 06:42 PM
-Hugs NP- I love the banner. ^_^ *Squeaks*

Fayt
04-13-2005, 10:27 PM
NP, if you know of a good shot of a skarmory in any of the movies I could use a better pic. Mine kinda lacks and I had to play with it alot. I finally ended up beveling it to give it some look. I really don't recall any Skarmorys in the movies though. What I might end up doing also is solidfying the BOS lettering because I think its a little ackward where the letters and Skarmory's head meet.

Thanatos
04-13-2005, 10:42 PM
I will probably make another, and have two mighty team banners! =P

But I gotta say, the tech borders that NP makes are genius.

Zenaku
04-13-2005, 10:44 PM
Right, well... On the subject of banners... Since Rukario/Lucario is now a confirmed Steel/Fighting type, is it ok for me to use it in a banner, Neo?

Anyone steal him, and they face the consequences. :P

.AzureLight
04-13-2005, 10:45 PM
Thanks for the banner!

Man, my training in the URPG in halted, especially since no one has graded my story... I only need 500 more $ to buy a Mareep, however! :oops:

Fing, you get MSN yet so we can train?

By the way, I've started a fanfic!

Thanatos
04-13-2005, 11:01 PM
Right, well... On the subject of banners... Since Rukario/Lucario is now a confirmed Steel/Fighting type, is it ok for me to use it in a banner, Neo?

Anyone steal him, and they face the consequences. :P

Damn you Daz, I was gonna ask the same thing.

He could be out mascot =P

Zenaku
04-13-2005, 11:19 PM
Damn you Daz, I was gonna ask the same thing.

He could be out mascot =Plol Beat you to it then. :P

I want to do a hand-made drawing of it, so I'd want to use it somewhere. I'm getting better at drawing Pokemon at least... A Sneasel I drew must be one of my best Pokemon pics yet (Although I need to improve the damn air-slash effect).

Neo Emolga
04-13-2005, 11:50 PM
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y109/Ultradyne/FAYTBOS2.jpg

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y109/Ultradyne/LABOS2.jpg

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y109/Ultradyne/ZENBOS2.jpg

Man, I love the way these banners are coming out.

Yes, I used a different Growlithe picture for yours, LA. The one you had was good, but a bit too small, and if I made it bigger, it would have become blurred and pixeliated, which doesn't look that great. I hope the one that's there is okay.

And yes, I decided to make Zenaku the Subordinate Commander. I know him very well, and I know he's very capable of doing a great job at leading the team and helping everyone do their best. With both of us working together, I'm sure we're going to do extremely well this war season.

Finglonger
04-14-2005, 12:03 AM
yeah the banners all look great. and congratulations zenaku, woot!

and I havent gotten MSN yet Lan, but I plan to download trillian soon, so yeah....

.AzureLight
04-14-2005, 12:04 AM
yeah the banners all look great. and congratulations zenaku, woot!

and I havent gotten MSN yet Lan, but I plan to download trillian soon, so yeah....
Okay, I'm about to buy a Mareep, then continue my Taillow story. So I'll have a lot of Pokémon that need training! (3!!!)

Hoenn Mirror Girl
04-14-2005, 12:15 AM
I'm still trying to decide on which Pokemon I want on my banner...

Syas
04-14-2005, 01:15 AM
Well, I have a Blaziken now in the URPG, I am trading for an Ampharos soon. Then I will have the Pokemon I used in my Banner/Avatar ^.^

Fayt
04-14-2005, 02:01 AM
I love the new banners NP. Great image of skarmory there. Doesn't have that sketchy look to it either like the one I had (you had to look real close to see it thanks to my efforts but it still bothered me). Cheers to the great banner man! :clap: :clap: :clap:

Neo Emolga
04-14-2005, 03:38 AM
Oh, let's face it, that old one was abysmal. I might try to find a tougher image of Pikachu for my own, but I'll leave it at that and be done with it.

And I'm glad you like the banner. :wink:

Fayt
04-14-2005, 03:46 AM
Oh, let's face it, that old one was abysmal.
I think with the old one you thought everyone was going to make small team banners. Then the other teams came out with large banners. The first banner was good for its size though.

Syas
04-14-2005, 03:55 AM
New Banners definately rock. Don't suppose you have a good picture of Blaziken NP?

Grats also to Zenaku! I didn't notice at first :)

Loyal Arcanine
04-14-2005, 11:03 AM
The banner is great, NP, thanks! No problem it's a different picture, it looks cool. :happy:

Thanks for the banner!

Man, my training in the URPG in halted, especially since no one has graded my story... I only need 500 more $ to buy a Mareep, however! :oops:

Fing, you get MSN yet so we can train?

By the way, I've started a fanfic!

I do have msn, so you might want to train with me. I also have some "small" pokemon, eg. Elekid and I'm waiting for a Swablu story to be graded.

Thanatos
04-14-2005, 02:10 PM
I felt out of uniform with my lonely banner. Besides, this tech border is fantastic.

I might swap this for animation later, I like many Steel pokemon.

http://img208.echo.cx/img208/1758/bosmainthanatos9wv.png

Note - I will do these for people if they wish.

Caite-chan
04-14-2005, 04:16 PM
I hate to do this but I'm leaving BOS to help Vex with his team. I already talked to NP about it. YAY for VEX!!

Neo Emolga
04-14-2005, 06:01 PM
I hate to do this but I'm leaving BOS to help Vex with his team. I already talked to NP about it. YAY for VEX!!

Yeah, I did talk to Shane about this, and both of us have realized that Vex really, really badly needs more members, perferably more senior members that he knows will definitely be active during the entire course of the war. Needless to say, Shane is definitely one of those members Vex can count on to do a good job and to help him as much as possible. With this, I also hope some more senior members who haven't joined any teams yet will also consider Vex's team, making the War more fun and competitive for every person involved in it.

Still, thanks for joining the team and being a part of it, Shane, even if it was only for a short while. Also, thanks for seeing how important it is to keep the teams even so the war is fun for every team, and not just the ones that currently have a full pack of members.

Zenaku
04-14-2005, 08:08 PM
Thanks for the promotion, Neo, and be assured that I won't let the Team down, as neither will any other member I'm sure.

Shane, sad to see a member leaving before the WAR, but of course, the WAR wouldn't be fun unless the Teams are relatively equal in skill - of course, member quantity really makes no difference; it's all down to the members sheer determination to help their Team, and how well the Team can form new friendships, and utilize friendships of old, to help one another better themselves during the WAR.

Shen
04-14-2005, 09:31 PM
Cool, NP's accepting members?! I'd like to join!

Name: DT
War Section Concentrations: URPG Battles. URPG Fanfic, Pokemon/Moveset Trivia and (if possible) Debate.
Reason for Joining: This team's goals are in my kind of interests. I'm here to stop Tyranny and promote peace for another extended time until human nature calls in War yet again. I am ready and willing to contribute as much of my time as possible to TBOS! DT, reporting for duty!

Zenaku
04-14-2005, 11:40 PM
Neo, I know we now have a free space in the Team, but (No offence to Deoxys Trainer) I think it might be best if the sign-ups were left closed for now, really. Shane left to join another Team and hopefully even it out; if we accept another member, we'll just be reversing Shanes sacrifice, and would likely end up having more members than all other Teams.

To be honest, I'm not sure if any of the other Teams will get anywhere up to 9 members from this point; almost every trusted and senior member of PE2K is on a Team, with exception to those few who haven't yet been able to get online to choose.

It would be fair to keep our numbers at 9 until the other Teams raise their own member count.

Finglonger
04-14-2005, 11:53 PM
I agree with zenaku, although I would like to see if I could get khold to join this team. If his computer wasnt broken I could ask him, too bad...

Neo Emolga
04-15-2005, 03:32 AM
Yeah, you're right about that Zenaku.

Sorry Deoxys Trainer, but its probably best if you join another team that doesn't have as many members as we do. I know I took down the message that said sign ups were closed, but I probably should have left it on, and let other members join the other teams so that every team is even.

Marth may have ten members, but I'm willing to keep our team at 9 just so other teams have a fighting chance. I hope you understand.

EDIT:

Okay, I finished JIG's banner request.

Enjoy!

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y109/Ultradyne/HMGBOS2.jpg

Hoenn Mirror Girl
04-16-2005, 12:39 AM
Okay, I finished JIG's banner request.

Enjoy!

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y109/Ultradyne/HMGBOS2.jpg
I SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO love it! Meow meow! :biggrin:

Fayt
04-16-2005, 12:45 AM
I knew we were going hear atleast 1 meow in this thread sooner or later :lol: .

Loyal Arcanine
04-16-2005, 12:53 AM
I knew we were going hear atleast 1 meow in this thread sooner or later :lol: .

Lol, I like the meow's. =P I also saw her bark one time though, which I found less ... kitty or something. =P

I haven't added my new banner to my sig yet, and have put away my old one. It's just that for the last two days I can hardly see any pic on the internet ... To me the whole of PE2K has changed into white spaces with red X'es ... I hope it will be over soon.

Fayt
04-16-2005, 07:54 AM
As long as they are "sitting on the window" meows I'm happy. It's the "run for your legs and trip you down the stairs" meows I am a little more unpleased to put it lightly.
As for your red x's and such, you might want to check tools/options/advanced. Then go down to multimedia and make sure "show pictures" is checked. This won't be your problem if only PE2K shows the red x's though. You can also try messing with the security settings. They might be too high for PE2K. I usually keep mine set at medium without problems. A third thing you might want to try is scrap internet explorer and switch to mozilla firefox at mozilla.org. This also helps prevent spyware and that nasty stuff. If all this stuff doesn't work or you don't want to switch browsers, another step you can take is download adaware or s&d spybot. Also, do a full virus scan. Some viruses and spyware might prevent multimedia from displaying.
If it is only PE2K that does this then the only problem I might see is a security setting set too high. Hope that helps.

Loyal Arcanine
04-17-2005, 08:39 PM
First of all Fayt, thanks a lot for your tips. They were unfortunately not able to solve my problem. However, what you say about a too high security setting might still be true. I first lowered that, and still couldn't see anything. When I wanted to change back to higher security settings, I found out they had gone back to the previous high settings automatically. So I tested a bit, and whatever I do, no matter how low I put the security settings, no matter how often I click on "Apply" and "OK", it immediately jumps back to the high settings. Maybe good for viruses, lol, but I don't like it if it prevents me from seeing any pictures. So, is anybody here familiar with this problem?

Fayt
04-19-2005, 04:37 AM
You could also try clicking on trusted sites and adding PE2K to the list. I'm running out of ideas

Neo Emolga
04-19-2005, 04:48 AM
Well, it might be from any firewalls or virus protection security settings that's blocking it. Usually you can fix that in Options when it comes to using Firefox, but sometimes it might be security.

Just don't strip apart your security too much...

Thanatos
04-19-2005, 07:26 AM
I'm gonna make some mini-buttons for the BOS...I have some nice quotes I want to utilise =P

Besides that, LA, be nice to the security...viruses are not your friend.

Loyal Arcanine
04-21-2005, 09:56 AM
I am happy to inform you guys that my picture problem has been solved, even though I don't know how or why. I'm in a bit of a hurry now, but I'll add my own banner to my sig later today. And NP, although you probably have heard it a thousand times: I'm seeing a few of the banners for the first time now, JIG's for example, and they are all fantastic. :wink:

Neo Emolga
04-22-2005, 11:35 PM
Yeah, this team thread has been a bit inactive lately...

Just a question, but besides myself, how many of you plan on being in the War RP when it finally comes out.

Loyal Arcanine
04-22-2005, 11:56 PM
I'd love to, honestly.

But I've never done it before. :oops: All the Role-Plays I joined recently did not even get started, and for Back to Basics experience was required.

Neo Emolga
04-23-2005, 12:01 AM
I'd love to, honestly.

But I've never done it before. :oops: All the Role-Plays I joined recently did not even get started, and for Back to Basics experience was required.

Ah, don't worry about it. We're starting fresh so it shouldn't be too hard to plunge yourself right into the action.

Another good thing about starting over with new teams...

Loyal Arcanine
04-23-2005, 12:08 AM
Ah, don't worry about it. We're starting fresh so it shouldn't be too hard to plunge yourself right into the action.

Another good thing about starting over with new teams...

Ah, ok. I guess I'll give it a try. It won't hurt me, and even if I won't score a single point (which is likely =P), then at least I have some experience for the future. I plan to stay on this team for War Season 5, btw. I became a member of Team Trainer, but the last War had already finished so I actually did nothing there.

Zenaku
04-23-2005, 12:20 AM
If they do this next WAR, then BOS won't exist after Season 4. : /

As for the WAR RP, I'm certainly joining in. I already have a rough idea of my own role in the plot, as after all, everyone has a role, big or small. Mine shouldn't, hopefully, affect the plot drastically (At least, not all the little things I plan to do, but they'll mount up to one big thing), but it should be enough to do what I plan on doing.

Don't want to reveal it all right away, but believe me, my character will be very surprising in the ultimate end. :wink:

Finglonger
04-23-2005, 02:04 AM
hmm, its been a while since ive done some real Rping. unless, of course, you count casual D&D sessions...

Thanatos
04-23-2005, 02:43 AM
Yeah, this team thread has been a bit inactive lately...

Just a question, but besides myself, how many of you plan on being in the War RP when it finally comes out.

Yep, I'm up for the RP, I just have to learn the advanced stuff.

Anyone can RP, but it takes a certain type of dedication to RP well.

Either way, I am hoping to get some kind of points in there.

Neo Emolga
04-23-2005, 04:58 AM
Yeah, but even if you don't get points in the War RP, its still an enormous amount of fun.

Especially when Harry is active. He makes things usually so intresting.

Hoenn Mirror Girl
04-23-2005, 05:42 AM
Here's a preview of the plot of my WAR fic...
A sad time has fallen over the world of Myumajo. The king's beloved wife has died, and he decided to ask a sorceress who was a close friend for help. Believing that this was an opportunity to finally reach her goal after years of failure, the sorceress told the king that she'll make a miracle potion.

After hearing the news, the sorceress's daughter, Nyaomi helped her mother gather the needed ingredients. However, most of them were hard to find. Some were to believe that didn't even exist anymore. Nevertheless, the sorceress and her daughter continued their search.

Just when all but the last few ingredients were found, unfortunately, something happened that made everything turn for the worse. Zindo, a young mischievious wizard apprentice, has made a dare with Nyaomi to enter into another world by the Crystal Portal at Sapphire Echo Canyon. Nyaomi accepted the challenge, but it resulted in her being stuck in a strange world known as the Johto region. What was even worse was that she couldn't go back to Myumajo after being in another world for a certain period of time. She eventually managed to adjust to the strange new world until the day before her trainer journey. Despite learning a lot about Pokemon (and being very familiar with one), Nyaomi didn't want to go because of her identity. Unfortunately, she ended up going against her wishes.

Early in her trainer journey, however, three of king's servants found Nyaomi and told her that they have opened the Crystal Portal. Nyaomi mentioned her goal to collect the Johto Gym Badges, and the servants told her that it'll be open for another year. Upon hearing the mention of the miracle potion from the servants, however, Nyaomi got an idea: finding some of the final ingredients of the miracle potion in the world she was currently in. Now she must complete her goals before time runs out.

There WILL be some things that will be changed (like the queen having a really serious disease instead of already dead and some other questionable things), and hopefully this'll be a fanfic that I SHOULD be proud of. We wouldn't want to go back to our low standards, now do we?

Zenaku
04-23-2005, 02:14 PM
lol JIG, I'm sure it'll be great. Haven't started to write mine yet, but I do have about 4-5 Notepad files full of info on characters, the plot, and other various things that will greatly influence the story as it continues.

At most, I plan to write only the first chapter before the WAR starts, so if I get any feedback I won't have to edit any and all chapters beyond the reviewed chapter (Assuming it's not something small like a few spelling/grammar mistakes; something like a slight lack of character development).

Meh... I'm planning it too much XD

Finglonger
04-23-2005, 07:35 PM
wow, is that much planning really neccesary? I was just going to use one of my old D&D characters

Incongruity
04-23-2005, 07:41 PM
I think they mean for the fan fic

sorry to disturb your thread

but fing, for the RP, some people should plan, and some shouldn't. If you already have a reputation as a good RPer, you will be able to indirectly godmode/bunny, but get away with it. This is because it will appear as if you are developing the story line.

However, if you don't have a reputation yet, you won't be able to influence the plot much (without being yelled at).

Zenaku
04-23-2005, 07:45 PM
wow, is that much planning really neccesary? I was just going to use one of my old D&D charactersThe more you plan, the deeper the storyline. The deeper the storyline, the more you draw the readers in. The more you draw the readers in (And, obviously, make them care about the characters) the more they want to come back for the next chapter.

Most of the info in the files I have though is all repeated info with minor differences, more detailed stuff, etc. The last file I started pretty much labels major events in a characters life, and how old they were when it happened. Just need to go into more detail, like blood type (Who knows? Maybe a character will have to give another character a blood transfusion... Pointless unless they have bloodtypes, or, at the very least, unrealistic without them), dates of birth (Obvious), etc.

Finglonger
04-23-2005, 07:47 PM
oh yeah haha, much to my chagrin I just caught that. thats what I get for not reading posts I guess. I don't really RP here so it probably wont turn out all that well.

Loyal Arcanine
04-24-2005, 05:57 PM
Tomorrow, Monday, I will be going to London for a bit more than a week, and less than two weeks. I keep being to lazy to calculate precisely (to Dap's agony =P). Well anyway, just so you know.

I thought I'd put this here too.

Thanatos
04-24-2005, 06:01 PM
I thought I'd put this here too.

Ok Mike, we'll be seeing you soon ^_^

We'll keep your place in the team warm =P

Neo Emolga
04-24-2005, 07:19 PM
Well, see you soon, Mike.

As far as the War RP goes, I'm thinking more offensively than defensively. Besides, power = influence, which is pretty much the objective here.

With that in mind, think weapons.

!ceahol!c
04-25-2005, 03:44 AM
Hey, can i join this?
Name:!ceahol!c
War Section Concentrations: games/trivia, debate, URPG

*NOTE* If you have noticed i have not done alot of post but on my other account (manectrics_shockwave) I did. Im not on that account anymore because I forgot my password and I must have given a different email address to this forum.***

Neo Emolga
04-25-2005, 03:49 AM
Well, the team is currently locked right now so Vex can get a few more members. Still, it shouldn't be too long before the member limit can be raised again.

Fayt
04-25-2005, 10:30 PM
Well, see you soon, Mike.

As far as the War RP goes, I'm thinking more offensively than defensively. Besides, power = influence, which is pretty much the objective here.

With that in mind, think weapons.

I guess I'll be your sneak man for the war. Nothing like shocking the hell outta them from behind.

Seto Kaiba
04-25-2005, 10:40 PM
Name:Theo
War Section Concentrations (more than one highly recommended):Role Play, Trivia

Thanatos
04-25-2005, 10:50 PM
Name:Theo
War Section Concentrations (more than one highly recommended):Role Play, Trivia

Sorry to say kid, but this team is full.

Try somewhere else.

Seto Kaiba
04-26-2005, 12:05 AM
Darn it. Well best of luck to this team.

Kayden Javlaíakín
04-26-2005, 12:10 AM
Seto, do you not read the first thread? BOS member spots are all filled. AND STOP SPAMMING OR YOU WILL BE BANNED FROM THE PURE ONES!!!

Neo Emolga
04-26-2005, 10:08 PM
Well, Harry told me that as soon as Vex has nine members in his roster, the member limit will be gone.

I also told JT I would reserve him a spot in the BOS. He's pretty good at the URPG and he's a cool guy, so I'd definitely like to have him on the team.

Thanatos
04-26-2005, 10:47 PM
Well, Harry told me that as soon as Vex has nine members in his roster, the member limit will be gone.

I also told JT I would reserve him a spot in the BOS. He's pretty good at the URPG and he's a cool guy, so I'd definitely like to have him on the team.

Awesome, having JT would be great!

Once my ref money comes in, I'm gonna get ready for this war. I hope to get us a few URPG points ^_^

Finglonger
04-27-2005, 12:55 AM
hmmm, yeah I think JT would make a great addition to this team.

Ive actually started participating in the urpg again, but I probably wont be able to catch up to the rest of you in time for the war.

Hoenn Mirror Girl
04-27-2005, 01:15 AM
It's be cool to have an URPG expert around here.

I haven't even captured a third Pokemon yet. :redface:

Thanatos
04-27-2005, 08:10 AM
It's be cool to have an URPG expert around here.

I haven't even captured a third Pokemon yet. :redface:

I'm still on number 1. I need to buy another (but can't until the wages are paid).

Syas
04-27-2005, 04:19 PM

Looks like we will definately have a pretty strong URPG team. I think as far as that front goes, the Team to watch our for is Soul. I have reffed Marth, I have fought Marth, Marth makes me cry. :cry:

Dap is decent as well, I haven't had the pleasure of a head to head with him though.

Neo Emolga
04-27-2005, 08:06 PM
Looks like we will definately have a pretty strong URPG team. I think as far as that front goes, the Team to watch our for is Soul. I have reffed Marth, I have fought Marth, Marth makes me cry. :cry:

Dap is decent as well, I haven't had the pleasure of a head to head with him though.

Yeah, Team Soul will at least try to be a problem for us, but if we all do as much as we can when the war comes around, we will definitely prevail over them.

Marth, Harry and friends think this war is going to be theirs to devour, but let's prove them they're totally dead wrong.

I think I’ll try and put a Harry quote in my sig to annoy him. :devious:

Hoenn Mirror Girl
04-27-2005, 11:29 PM
Brotherhood of Steel forever! Meow meow!

Oh. Speaking of meows... *thinks of some stuff for Feline Symphony*

JohtoTrainer
04-28-2005, 01:23 AM
Neo said I could go ahead and do this, so don't hurt me lol.

Name: JT
War Section Concentrations: URPG, Comedy, Debate, Scavenger Hunt, Trivia, Netbattle.

Oh, Neo you wanted me to tell you the Pokemon I want on my banner. I think I'll take, Charizard.

Neo Emolga
04-28-2005, 01:57 AM
Neo said I could go ahead and do this, so don't hurt me lol.

Name: JT
War Section Concentrations: URPG, Comedy.

Oh, Neo you wanted me to tell you the Pokemon I want on my banner. I think I'll take, Charizard.

Yep, I gave JT the go.

I start working on that banner after CSI: New York.

Zenaku
04-28-2005, 02:00 AM
Welcome to BOS, JT. It's fortunate we decided to save the 10th spot, or we'd have lost a great member to bad luck.

JohtoTrainer
04-28-2005, 02:11 AM
Thanks for welcoming me to the team guys, I'll definately serve the team well, especially in the URPG and hopefully comedy lol.

Finglonger
04-28-2005, 03:25 AM
0_0 welcome to the team JT, glad to have you aboard... = D

Neo Emolga
04-28-2005, 05:15 AM
Done with the banner. Enjoy and welcome to the Brotherhood of Steel, JT.

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y109/Ultradyne/JTBOS2.jpg

Thanatos
04-28-2005, 08:18 AM
Nice banner NP, and welcome to the team JT!

I'm gonna make a smaller banner for myself, since I want to have a title banner.

JohtoTrainer
04-28-2005, 09:25 PM
Thanks for the banner Neo, it's cool.

Hoenn Mirror Girl
04-29-2005, 03:20 AM
Juno ALWAYS makes cool banners

mlugia
05-02-2005, 02:17 AM
I would like to be the mascot... (That means I don't really do anything for the war, but I look pretty cuz I'd be the Panda with the steel pen... yes, steel pen!)

Neo Emolga
05-02-2005, 04:02 AM
I would like to be the mascot... (That means I don't really do anything for the war, but I look pretty cuz I'd be the Panda with the steel pen... yes, steel pen!)

Heh, I know you can do better than that though, especially when it comes to NetBattle. And try the War RP, I'm sure you'd love it.

Just tell me what Pokemon you want (Steel, Fire, or Electric) and I'll gladly accept you and make a BOS banner.

Finglonger
05-02-2005, 04:53 AM
0_0 a sexy new mascot! Im so excited = D

Thanatos
05-02-2005, 05:05 AM
0_0 a sexy new mascot! Im so excited = D

All we need now is Khold :wink:

Hoenn Mirror Girl
05-02-2005, 05:35 AM
Either him or a Ninetales hybrid. :tongue:

mlugia
05-02-2005, 05:14 PM
Heh, I know you can do better than that though, especially when it comes to NetBattle. And try the War RP, I'm sure you'd love it.

Just tell me what Pokemon you want (Steel, Fire, or Electric) and I'll gladly accept you and make a BOS banner.

Well, unfortunately I've quit NBing awhile ago, so I'm afraid my main help would be in the URPG... Of course, I'd try the writing stuff sections, and MAYBE I might restart NB, but that's pretty doubtful =/

Pokemon wise, uh... I'll take Charmeleon :) Slashy slashy!

Neo Emolga
05-02-2005, 09:05 PM
Well, unfortunately I've quit NBing awhile ago, so I'm afraid my main help would be in the URPG... Of course, I'd try the writing stuff sections, and MAYBE I might restart NB, but that's pretty doubtful =/

Pokemon wise, uh... I'll take Charmeleon :) Slashy slashy!

Done.

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y109/Ultradyne/MLBOS2.jpg

Welcome to the team, mlugia!

Shen
05-02-2005, 09:25 PM
Ok, I Private Messaged NP and he said I could try one more time to join (Please don't hurt me!)

War Section Concentrations: URPG, trivia, and pretty much anything else NP needs me to do.

Neo Emolga
05-02-2005, 11:08 PM
Ok, I Private Messaged NP and he said I could try one more time to join (Please don't hurt me!)

War Section Concentrations: URPG, trivia, and pretty much anything else NP needs me to do.

Yeah, I got it. Still, would you mind so much as to choose a different Pokemon other than Typlosion? At least two other BOS members already have him in their sig. But, if you still want him badly enough, I'll put him in your sig.

Other than that, you're good to go. Welcome to the team!

JohtoTrainer
05-02-2005, 11:24 PM
Wow, more members, very fun. Welcome to the team guys!

Shen
05-03-2005, 04:40 PM
Wow, more members, very fun. Welcome to the team guys!

Thanks! And about the banner NP, I guess I could go without Typhlosion in it. I didn't see any banners with him in them, so I assumed he was not yet used. So instead, I'll take, ummmm...are legendary pokemon allowed in banners? If so, then could I have both Ho-oh and Moltres in it? If not...could I have a banner that shows a Jolteon and a Flareon battling, if possible? Only if it's not too much trouble for you.

Neo Emolga
05-03-2005, 04:47 PM
Thanks! And about the banner NP, I guess I could go without Typhlosion in it. I didn't see any banners with him in them, so I assumed he was not yet used. So instead, I'll take, ummmm...are legendary pokemon allowed in banners? If so, then could I have both Ho-oh and Moltres in it? If not...could I have a banner that shows a Jolteon and a Flareon battling, if possible? Only if it's not too much trouble for you.

Ho-oh and Moltres are perfect. I'll start working on it once my Sports Marketing final exam is over with.

Syas
05-03-2005, 04:54 PM
Welcome to all the new members, and apologies to all the old ones, I have been MiA for a bit. Back now though :wink:

Loyal Arcanine
05-03-2005, 04:55 PM
Welcome Deoxys Trainer, Mana Lugia. I'm back from England ... I guess ...

mlugia
05-03-2005, 05:13 PM
Ho-oh and Moltres are perfect. I'll start working on it once my Sports Marketing final exam is over with.
Player agent sports marketing or Team jersey selling sports marketing? :o

Anyways, thanks for welcoming me =) hope this war will be tons of fun!

Neo Emolga
05-03-2005, 05:29 PM
Player agent sports marketing or Team jersey selling sports marketing? :o

Anyways, thanks for welcoming me =) hope this war will be tons of fun!

Everything from sponsorships (tactics used by companies for exclusive rights to sell their goods at the game while promoting the product and the product image), stadia (idea of bringing the consumer to the game as well as ticket prices and the relations of heavy, medium, and light consumers), management info systems (determining consumer buying behavior in terms of why they buy, where they buy, and how much of the product they buy), advertising (promotion of the game and the planning and creation of ads), and the sports product (time based product that is intangible and the importance of reliable customer service). It sounds like a lot but I remember most of it. Just a few things I need to brush up on.

Also, the war starts June 5th, but I'm sure we're all ready to come out with a bang. And trust me Mana, you're definitely a welcome addition to the team.

Fayt
05-04-2005, 06:18 AM
Hey guys. Just assuring you that I haven't driven into a ditch and cracked my skull. Just finals and stuff really getting to me.
Welcome to the new members. Anyway better get back to studying. See you all long term in about a week or so.

Finglonger
05-04-2005, 06:23 AM
ah I was just starting to wonder what the devil happened to you fayt. Good luck on those finals.

and welcome to the team Deoxys trainer, glad to see some new meat coming in...

Neo Emolga
05-04-2005, 06:38 AM
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y109/Ultradyne/DTBOS2.jpg

Its done, DT. Honestly, I think a Moltres and Ho-oh combo is far better than just Typlosion.

Shen
05-04-2005, 04:16 PM
:eek: Dang, NP, how long did you say it took you to make that?! Just kidding. Awesome pics, too. Thanks, and I'm glad to be a part of the team!

Neo Emolga
05-04-2005, 07:50 PM
It didn't take me that long, since I pretty much have the template for the BOS banners saved as a PSD, which has the border and the background already. Also, to get those pictures, I use InterVideo WinDVD 5, which has the ability to freeze frame a shot from the Pokemon movies and save it as a JPEG. The picture of Moltres comes from Pokemon the movie 2000, right at the point where Moltres and Zapdos trash the hell out of that massive flying machine. And the Ho-oh shot comes from Jirachi Wish Maker, right during the opening introduction.

That's how I get most of my Pikachu pictures as well. The one in the avatar and my first sig is from Pikachu's Rescue Adventure, and my own BOS picture comes from the Third Pokemon movie, right when Pikachu and Entei are fighting each other.

I can't tell you how much this totally kicks the stuffing out of crappy Google Image searches. If the desired Pokemon appears in a movie, I'd definitely resort to getting it from a WinDVD 5 screen capture as opposed to getting it from Google Image Search. Of course... not every Pokemon appears in every Pokemon movie...

shockwave
05-04-2005, 09:52 PM
Name:Damari
War Section Concentrations (more than one highly recommended):Fanfic, Role Play

Neo Emolga
05-04-2005, 09:58 PM
Name:Damari
War Section Concentrations (more than one highly recommended):Fanfic, Role Play

Just remember, War Fan fictions don't have to be about the War RP itself, but usually you will find one or two that are.

Also, the Role Play does get quite complex very quickly, so if you're going to go for it, make sure you stick in it so you don't fall too far behind.

Other than that, all I need is just for you to tell me what Pokemon you want in your BOS banner, and you're in.

absol2005
05-04-2005, 10:20 PM
Name:absol2005
War Section Concentrations:Pokemon trivia
Banner:If I can't get Absol, can it be Houndoom?

Zenaku
05-04-2005, 10:37 PM
As much as I hate to do this... I would refrain from allowing Shockwave to join the Team, Neo, since most evidence points to him being SK (Having an image ripper on the Team isn't really the best idea). Personally, it doesn't bother me if he returns or not as long as he doesn't continue to lie about his identity, and/or doesn't make a repeat of the past, though that doesnt mean I think letting him on the Team is such a good idea.

The limit may have been raised, and we might be encouraged to allow newbies to the war onto the Teams, however we still need to be selective, for the members will be a great deciding factor in the War.

Neo Emolga
05-04-2005, 10:44 PM
As much as I hate to do this... I would refrain from allowing Shockwave to join the Team, Neo, since most evidence points to him being SK (Having an image ripper on the Team isn't really the best idea). Personally, it doesn't bother me if he returns or not as long as he doesn't continue to lie about his identity, and/or doesn't make a repeat of the past, though that doesnt mean I think letting him on the Team is such a good idea.

The limit may have been raised, and we might be encouraged to allow newbies to the war onto the Teams, however we still need to be selective, for the members will be a great deciding factor in the War.

Well, he's already PMed me about that, and the whole IP relation is because of school. But, if you think we should wait a while for him to post more and prove there's no realtion, we can do that. Besides, the war still has another month before it starts.

And absol2005, is there anything else you can do besides Trivia?

Zenaku
05-04-2005, 10:51 PM
He PMed me also, Neo. The thing is, he's currently using the same IP which a vast majority of SKs posts were made by (The few exceptions likely to be using another computer somewhere else). If they both merely signed up with their accounts at school, it'd be no reason for SW to be using the same IP as SK all the time, and I'm pretty sure school's ended for the day over there in America.

Then again, maybe I'm wrong, but considering how SK was only banned today, and how SW knows at least a little about the Teams, VPP, who the moderators are and how they can ban him, etc, it's no doubt in my mind that he's a previous member; SK or not. Of course, evidence points to SK, obviously.

absol2005
05-04-2005, 10:55 PM
And absol2005, is there anything else you can do besides Trivia?

Not really, just trivia and helping people :tongue: ...

Finglonger
05-05-2005, 12:49 AM
hmm well absol truth be told anybody who can use google can do trivia. Surely you must have some experience with rp or writing or be willing to give them a try....

Thanatos
05-05-2005, 07:17 AM
Well, I'm with Zenaku on this one.

Need some kind of skills besides googling o_O.

shockwave
05-05-2005, 01:39 PM
Just remember, War Fan fictions don't have to be about the War RP itself, but usually you will find one or two that are.

Also, the Role Play does get quite complex very quickly, so if you're going to go for it, make sure you stick in it so you don't fall too far behind.

Other than that, all I need is just for you to tell me what Pokemon you want in your BOS banner, and you're in.

I'll take ........... Steelix or Metang

And SK and i are best friends! SK's name is Theo! And i will prove that we are not the same person when both of us get on after school today!

Thanatos
05-05-2005, 01:49 PM
I'll take ........... Steelix or Metang

And SK and i are best friends! SK's name is Theo! And i will prove that we are not the same person when both of us get on after school today!

Hilarious, I remember that excuse. mpatel027/lugiatrainer2k5 were the same person, though he pretended to be two different people.

I want more proof then that, but it is not my decision. This is the decision of both Neo and/or Zenaku.

Zenaku
05-05-2005, 01:50 PM
To be honest, getting a friend to play "SK" would be more than easy, and you still have the same IP which SK has used with every single account. There's really little you can even do to prove that you and the Salamence King who we know are different people (Although considering you know so much about the forums already, it's unlikely that you'd be a completely new member).

Neo, there's always a chance that the evidence is wrong, but I don't believe we can take the chance. I dislike having to be mean to a possible new member, but that's just the reality of it.

Neo Emolga
05-05-2005, 02:11 PM
Okay, I'm not liking where this is going either. Maybe I was wrong about jumping the gun with this...

For one thing, is school really the only place where you can access the Internet? If that's really the case, how can we expect you to be active in the war, which occurs in summer when school is out? I'm definitely going to need a logical response to that question...

Second, you only have 4 tiny posts. Even if you are someone new, we still have no idea what skills you have that would help us in the war. If you can prove that you're a totally different person than SK and prove that you do have skills in fan fiction and role playing, then I'll give it consideration. We're all willing to give this everything we've got, but we need to make sure that you're willing to do that too. And sorry, but a "of course I will" isn't going to prove it to us. I need to see you prove that in action.

Look, I'm not saying you ARE SK, but even if you aren't, I'm going to need a little bit more than confidence before you're let in. I already had to ban someone for creating an alternate account and outright lying that he had never seen the forum before as was posting for the first time.

So please, if you know you have the skills to prove you're good at those kinds of things, let's see them in action. Maybe start a fan fic and join one or two RPs, and we'll see how you do.

absol2005
05-05-2005, 05:04 PM
Are you refering at me or Shockwave :oops: ?

mlugia
05-05-2005, 05:20 PM
I should beef up pogeys before the war :o

Expect me to pull a random lineup out of my butt too =P I wonder if I should return to NB, I'm not really into battling anymore, but pokemon intrigues me so much >_< Stupid pokemon.

Does the fanfic for WAR have to do with pokemon? If not I can write stuff :D

Looking forward to creative writing, I gained a point in the last (failed) war with that suggestive piece :*

Btw I think Soul will win most of the URPG points T_T Marth, Dap, Curt, Harry, etc....

Shen
05-05-2005, 07:57 PM
Yeah, school computers being your only internet output could really hurt you when school's out...unless you have summer school.... Anyway, a school computer may be the only kind I can use right now, but I'll be able to get on library computers for much longer than I can get on these computers...and halfway through the summer, at the longest, I should get my own computer, so no worries here!

Neo Emolga
05-05-2005, 08:39 PM
Okay, if anyone is wondering where their banner went, I think Photobucket is screwing up again. I double checked Matthew's VPP eggs and they're disappearing as well.

And Absol, we're going to need something other than Trivia. Just about anyone can do Trivia with Google by their side...

Incongruity
05-05-2005, 08:41 PM
just a note while we're on this topic of trivia being too easy

I mentioned this in the war planning thread I believe, but it was brushed off, as in "we have enough smart people; i'm sure they'll come up with something"

or something like that

so either it will be scavenger hunt part 2, or we actually do have smart people

mlugia
05-05-2005, 09:05 PM
Okay, if anyone is wondering where their banner went, I think Photobucket is screwing up again. I double checked Matthew's VPP eggs and they're disappearing as well.

And Absol, we're going to need something other than Trivia. Just about anyone can do Trivia with Google by their side...

Imageshack? Could be useful...

absol2005
05-05-2005, 09:17 PM

I'm tryin' to get in a RP, but Jess, The Almighty Dragon hasn't been online for a long time...

And I don't use google. Google is crap.

JohtoTrainer
05-05-2005, 09:27 PM
That's not the point absol. -_- The point is that ANYONE can do trivia aslong as they can use a search engine.

manectrics_shockwave
05-06-2005, 04:21 AM
Hey, um i just heard that they are accepting more members for War so can i join?

Name: Matt
War Section Concentrations: URPG battling, Trivia, Debate, and Role play.
Banner: Manectric

anyways i really hope i can join...

absol2005
05-06-2005, 10:38 PM
NP, can I join now?

I already started the RP thing in "Legend's heart"

Name: absol2005
War section concentrations: Trivia, RP
Banner: houndoom

Finglonger
05-07-2005, 12:05 AM
eh I can vouch for manectrics shockwave. Hes a newer member to the urpg and the forum in general, but he has some good potential I suppose. I mean if we have to start picking out newbies then hes a good alternative to some of the others that have applied.

Just my suggestion though, and I leave all the decision making to NP and DA so yeah. Just thought I might make a suggestion.

also I just got what I think is a pretty decent team going for NB, so if any of you see me on there Im currently going under the handle "Trojan Man", feel free to challenge me...

mlugia
05-07-2005, 01:40 AM
I like newbies. They're just like me!

And I want to ref again, cept I don't have anyone's AIM anymore (I deleted buddy list awhile ago, so I only have the AIM of ppl who have contacted me since XD). If you need a ref, and I'm online, I'll ref k :))))

(That's for the URPG that is)

Oh, and if you WANT to ref FOR me, contact me too :X

Finglonger
05-07-2005, 01:49 AM
0_0 you mean I get the supreme honor of having mana lugia ref for me? heh, well I guess its time I employed your services again....

Neo Emolga
05-07-2005, 09:23 PM
NP, can I join now?

I already started the RP thing in "Legend's heart"

Name: absol2005
War section concentrations: Trivia, RP
Banner: houndoom

Well, all you really did was just join the RP. I want to see a few RP posts from you first. I still don't have much to go by as of yet...

Also, I'm taking shockwave off the list for now. Pretty much seems like he stopped posting. Until I see him actually do something, only then will I look into it.

As for manectrics_shockwave, he's definitely been active and I think Finglonger's right when he says he definitely has potential. Welcome to the team.

Also, just give me a minute when it comes to the banners. Sometimes finding the right image takes a bit of time.

manectrics_shockwave
05-07-2005, 09:57 PM
Thanks Neo Pikachu for letting me join and I wont let the you or the team down.

Neo Emolga
05-08-2005, 06:21 AM
Thanks Neo Pikachu for letting me join and I wont let the you or the team down.

All done with the banner.

Enjoy it MS, and welcome to the team.

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y109/Ultradyne/MSBOS2.jpg

manectrics_shockwave
05-08-2005, 06:30 AM
All done with the banner.

Enjoy it MS, and welcome to the team.

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y109/Ultradyne/MSBOS2.jpg
Wow, I love it thanks! :smile:

Finglonger
05-08-2005, 06:49 AM
heh welcome to the team MS, I had a feeling you would get accepted...

JohtoTrainer
05-08-2005, 01:49 PM
Welcome to the Team MS. If I had 100 dolla, I would give you 100 dolla but I don't so.........too bad for you. :happy:

Thanatos
05-08-2005, 02:10 PM
W00t, welcome to the team MS. Nice to have you with us ^_^

mlugia
05-08-2005, 05:51 PM
Yay! More members! Hoo hah!

Welcome to the team, MS! If you need reffing done, just catch me on AIM (provided I'm not on away mode :p)

Umbreon Shadow
05-08-2005, 11:55 PM
Name: Umbreon Shadow
War Section Concentrations (more than one highly recommended): Trivia, RP
Banner: Umbreon
I really hope i can join

Neo Emolga
05-09-2005, 12:06 AM
Name: Umbreon Shadow
War Section Concentrations (more than one highly recommended): Trivia, RP
Banner: Umbreon
I really hope i can join

Well, I'm going to recommend that you read over the War rules before you decide to join any team. That, and getting a least two hundred more posts in so we don't think you're just going to join the team today and leave the entire forum tomorrow. We already had one applicant apply and then leave without a trace.

I don't doubt your RP skills either, but we need for you to show you're going to be a bit more active, and by posting and participating in some of the RPs we have now would definitely be a good idea.

Also, just so you know for the next time you apply, only Steel, Fire, and Electric type Pokemon go on the banner since that's the theme for this team. Still, I hope you're willing to show us that you want to be active.

Loyal Arcanine
05-09-2005, 06:29 PM
Welcome aboard, DT and Manectric. Manectric's banner is another excellent one, btw.

Shen
05-09-2005, 09:28 PM
Thanks Mike!

Oh, yeah, I forgot to mention, but I'm also pretty good at RP's so if NP needs me to be in the WAR RP, I'm there!

manectrics_shockwave
05-10-2005, 03:43 AM
Thanks everyone for welcoming me.

Sorry I havrn't been on lately i have been getting piled up with homework and test. :sad:

Fayt
05-10-2005, 06:46 PM
Welcome DT and manectrics. I was a bit busy with lots of going ons, final exams and everything but I'm back. It is very nice to be on break and have a non academic life for a while.

Shen
05-10-2005, 09:41 PM
Are you out of school already, Fayt? If you are, then you have my envy. I still have at least another week and a half to go. But, that time'll pass quickly enough.

Fayt
05-10-2005, 10:02 PM
Yeah very happily I'm out :biggrin:. Theres still work and the one summer course im planning to take later on though.

mlugia
05-12-2005, 05:03 PM
out of curiosity, is it pronounce "Fate" or "Fat"? :s

Neo Emolga
05-12-2005, 05:27 PM
out of curiosity, is it pronounce "Fate" or "Fat"? :s

Fate... :tongue:

It's a logical question though...

mlugia
05-13-2005, 05:24 PM
Ah, makes sense. lol, fat XD

fat with a PH, though... =o

vellyvell
05-14-2005, 02:52 AM
Name Velly
What I can do for war: anything u want, but am beast at netbattle and Urpg, even tho we got mana.

Neo Emolga
05-14-2005, 05:27 AM
I thought you were on Team Soul, velly.

Did you offically resign?

vellyvell
05-14-2005, 08:01 PM
I thought you were on Team Soul, velly.

Did you offically resign?
they didnt accept me, Marth said he looks foward 2 facing me in war...

Neo Emolga
05-14-2005, 09:15 PM
they didnt accept me, Marth said he looks foward 2 facing me in war...

Hmm… that’s odd. I don’t see why he would just deny you even though you’ve been at PE2K ever since the Proboards days and know perfectly how the war works.

Keep it up with URPG, and don’t be afraid to try the War RP, even though 75% of the entire forum is going to be all over it. Every person who’s in it helps the BOS do better when it comes to the storyline and backup support. Netbattle sounds good too, just know that it’s going to be pretty competitive.

Just tell me what Fire, Electric or Steel Pokémon (preferably one that hasn’t really been taken yet) and you’re in.

AbXtreme
05-15-2005, 07:51 PM
Name: AbXtreme
I Can Do On War: RP, Netbattle and URPG.

I'll Be Fire and Electric
(Houndoom + Raichu)

Stats:
Team PE2K On the Netbattle League
Final 6 i think in the freeform tourney
Pokemon Xtreme (My RP) was big hit

Hope To be A loyal member of ur team

AbXtreme :)

Finglonger
05-15-2005, 08:34 PM
welcome to the team velly...

and Ab, hopefully you'll make it...

vellyvell
05-16-2005, 02:06 AM
Charizard please, if he has been takin, the Blaziken, if blaze has been takin, then Jolteon

::JD::
05-17-2005, 05:19 PM
Name: JD
War Section Concentrations: RP, Pk Fan Art, URPG

Neo Emolga
05-19-2005, 04:38 PM
Yeah, I'll let you two guys in, just promise that you'll be active and you'll help out.

And JDV, just tell me what Pokemon you would like on your BOS banner. Just remember, it has to be Steel, Fire, or Electric.

AbXtreme
05-19-2005, 07:36 PM
Yeah, I'll let you two guys in, just promise that you'll be active and you'll help out.

Promise Indeed Leader :D

manectrics_shockwave
05-19-2005, 11:32 PM
Welcome you two I hope you help us out! :smile:

Ironshell Blastoise
05-25-2005, 05:06 AM
Name: Khold
War Categories:
Netbattle
-PE2K Summer 2004 Netbattle Tourney Champion hosted by Mana Lugia
URPG

Neo Emolga
05-25-2005, 05:23 AM
Khold, you're in, just tell me what Fire, Steel, or Electric Pokemon you want on your BOS banner.

Weclome to the team!

Thanatos
05-25-2005, 01:02 PM
Yay, Khold on the team ^_^

And we're back in business, forum, here I come!