PDA

View Full Version : Legend of Zelda : Phantom Hourglass

RonRaygunX3
12-28-2007, 10:31 PM
The Official Legend of Zelda : Phantom Hourglass Discussion Thread
http://i11.tinypic.com/8e9r62e.png

Discuss everything about Legend of Zelda : Phantom Hourglass here!

I just got this game for Christmas, and I must say it is amazing. In my opinion there was a great usage of the Nintendo DS's features and it has awesome game play.

Right now, I just beat part III of the Temple of the Ocean King after about 1200 tries and am now going to get the new ship part. That place was really annoying. :O

Hoshika
12-28-2007, 11:04 PM
I already beat the game and obtained every Heart Container, so if you need help, you can talk to me. =P

It's fun to beat on the Phantoms with a certain weapon... heheh.

TheEvilDookie
12-28-2007, 11:15 PM
It's been fun with all the puzzles so far, and i've been trying to keep myself away from online guides (i've only used one of them once). I just beat the wind temple of whatever it is. The temple where you get bombs in your inventory.

Sigma_
12-28-2007, 11:18 PM
I've only had the chance to go through the first dungeon, but I like the way the boomerang feels when you throw it. I've been too busy with my other presents. :x

ArchFang
12-28-2007, 11:19 PM
How do I beat the wind temple?

I have been on it for weeks?

I am at the bit were you have just got the info on the golden froggy's?

RonRaygunX3
12-28-2007, 11:58 PM

Uhh.

I would help you out but I don't get what you mean by "Golden Froggy's"?

It's been fun with all the puzzles so far, and i've been trying to keep myself away from online guides (i've only used one of them once). I just beat the wind temple of whatever it is. The temple where you get bombs in your inventory.
Haha, same here.

I only used a guide once when I was completely confused as to what to do in the Temple of Gust / Wind where you had to blow on the four windmills.

Hoshika
12-29-2007, 01:20 AM

I am sorry, but what are you asking? The golden frogs are not in the wind temple? Are you asking about the little cave before the temple? I think you are, because it circles the location of the island?

MagmarMan
12-29-2007, 06:37 PM
I really like this game but I need the strategy guide. If I didn't have it, I wouldn't have been able to get through the 2nd dungeon. Seriously, that's how bad I am...:ermm:

Hoshika
12-29-2007, 07:35 PM
I really like this game but I need the strategy guide. If I didn't have it, I wouldn't have been able to get through the 2nd dungeon. Seriously, that's how bad I am...:ermm:

I guess you've never beaten Ocarina of Time then. O_o

It's amazing that I suck at Battle mode over Wi-Fi... or maybe people are cheating. :|

Seawolf
12-29-2007, 10:00 PM

You need to be a bit more specific. There are different rooms and such in the temple, you know.

I beat the game ages ago, but I still need some golden ship parts and stuff. I didn't find the game too difficult, but some of the puzzles had me stumped for a minute or two.

MagmarMan
12-29-2007, 10:11 PM
I guess you've never beaten Ocarina of Time then. O_o

It's amazing that I suck at Battle mode over Wi-Fi... or maybe people are cheating. :|

I did, but I used a strategy guide for that one too. I use guides for all of the Zelda games.

Hoshika
12-29-2007, 10:13 PM
I did, but I used a strategy guide for that one too. I use guides for all of the Zelda games.

You, sir, should be arrested for federal crime.

I never used a guide. D:

@Megumi: Isn't Maze Island annoying? It must have taken me 3 hours to beat the last level. @_@

MagmarMan
12-29-2007, 11:07 PM
You, sir, should be arrested for federal crime.

I never used a guide. D:

If I didn't use a guide, I would never finish the game. They're still fun for me, I just don't have to spend endless hours on one area and then give up because I can't figure it out.

Seawolf
12-30-2007, 01:37 AM
@Megumi: Isn't Maze Island annoying? It must have taken me 3 hours to beat the last level. @_@

Don't remind me!

I beat the first round, then immediately gave up. I'm going to have to do them sometime, though. =/

envyXD
12-31-2007, 11:49 PM
well i'm up to fighting with the pirate girl who knows Linebeck, however she will not die. I've hit her in the back about 200 times and she will not die :dazed:

Groudon_fan
01-01-2008, 02:35 AM
well i'm up to fighting with the pirate girl who knows Linebeck, however she will not die. I've hit her in the back about 200 times and she will not die :dazed:

Try hitting her in the back after she charges at you.

Fwheee.....

What ship parts do you people use?

Llama Commando
01-01-2008, 07:45 PM
I just got this one for Christmas, and it is one great game! I'm at the part where you're boarding the Ghost Ship. I'm so mad, because I beat the level and had taken out two of the Cubus Sisters in Deathball or whatever it is, and died. Now I have to start all over. Grr... I love sailing though, I think it's the most fun part of the game, just shooting stuff...

~Commando~

Phantom Kat
01-01-2008, 07:49 PM
My dad bought me this game yesterday as a late Christmas present (I was going to buy it so he knew what to get me) and I'm barely with my first encounters with Phantoms. lol Those guy give me shivers but I like toying with them. :tongue:

- Kat

Hoshika
01-01-2008, 07:58 PM
If you want to beat the pirate lady, you have to attack her AFTER she does her charge attack, while she's just standing there recovering from the attack.

I like to use the Bell parts for my ship. It reminds me of the King of Red Lions for some reason. ^^

Legend Master
01-02-2008, 02:55 PM
I got this game for Christmas, too. The puzzles are really fun and all, but it's somewhat too
short. But I can believe they tried to put in everything they could for a small portable game. ^^

POSSIBLE SPOILERS DO NOT HIGHLIGHT IF YOU'RE NOT SURE ABOUT READING THIS
I have a question though. I just beat Bellum when he possessed Linebeck. OK, beat him, scenes, credits, more cut-scenes, and then it returned me to the start screen. I went to my
file and I started out next to the ghost ship about to fight Bellum. >_< Is it supposed to let me
fight Bellum over and over again or is my game messed up and won't let me save after the credits roll?

spartan117
01-03-2008, 02:26 AM
My dad bought me this game yesterday as a late Christmas present (I was going to buy it so he knew what to get me) and I'm barely with my first encounters with Phantoms. lol Those guy give me shivers but I like toying with them. :tongue:

- Kat
I got that game like 2 weeks before Christmas but someone stole it so Im getting it back tomorrow but I played it a little and it was really good but I just beat the boss before I got it stolen.

pikachu25king
01-03-2008, 02:48 AM
i also got this game for christmas, and it is a very fun game.

Guild360
01-03-2008, 03:03 AM
This game is too easy when you get stuck into it.

envyXD
01-03-2008, 07:14 PM
Try hitting her in the back after she charges at you.

yeah i already knew that. oh and the count is now over 600 hits in the back and she really will not die.

Legend Master
01-03-2008, 09:30 PM
yeah i already knew that. oh and the count is now over 600 hits in the back and she really will not die.

After you hit her a few times, then you and her swords will clash together, and you have
to rub the screen back and forth with the stylus fast enough to make her drop her sword
and give up. Be careful not to do it to fast or hard so you don't ruin your touch screen. If
it still won't work I don't really know what to tell you. :sad:

Once again, I bring back my question:
MAJOR SPOILERS DO NOT HIGHLIGHT IF YOU'RE NOT SURE ABOUT READING THIS
I have a question though. I just beat Bellum when he possessed Linebeck. OK, beat him, scenes, credits, more cut-scenes, and then it returned me to the start screen. I went to my
file and I started out next to the ghost ship about to fight Bellum. >_< Is it supposed to let me
fight Bellum over and over again or is my game messed up and won't let me save after the credits roll?

pikachu25king
01-03-2008, 09:33 PM
dont give away the ending, i havent beat it yet.

Legend Master
01-03-2008, 09:34 PM
dont give away the ending, i havent beat it yet.

It says in big red letters: Possible spoilers, do not highlight if your not sure about reading it.
EDIT: I'll replace possible with major, if it helps, but I still don't see a reason to complain when I typed that in big red letters
and put the text in white. :oops:

Hikari-Rasengan
01-03-2008, 09:38 PM
It says in big red letters: Possible spoilers, do not highlight if your not sure about reading it.
EDIT: I'll replace possible with major, if it helps, but I still don't see a reason to complain when I typed that in big red letters
and put the text in white. :oops:

First impression of pikachuking, Idiot. Anyway I have just found the sun Key and do I take it back to the Ocean king's temple?

Legend Master
01-03-2008, 09:43 PM
First impression of pikachuking, Idiot. Anyway I have just found the sun Key and do I take it back to the Ocean king's temple?
More spoilers:
Ok, you know in Molida Island where you found Wayfarer's super secret base, where you dig under that tree? Ok, go back there and to that door with the sun
on it. Use it there.

EDIT: Btw, welcome to the boards, seeing that you just joined today. :D

TheEvilDookie
01-19-2008, 02:57 AM
K, so I just beat the main game. Is there anything to do besides wifi and collecting ship parts?

L is Real 2041
01-19-2008, 03:06 AM
K, so I just beat the main game. Is there anything to do besides wifi and collecting ship parts?

You could always collect rupees.:oops: Or start a new file.

thunderskain
01-20-2008, 05:25 AM
i hate it when the ending part is near.And when u finish the last battle,the game does not save and it goes back to the part where u still have nt fought the boss yet!

TheEvilDookie
01-21-2008, 04:13 PM
i hate it when the ending part is near.And when u finish the last battle,the game does not save and it goes back to the part where u still have nt fought the boss yet!

That's how pretty much every other game is. It gives you a chance to do all the extras and fight the last boss whenever you feel like it.

guy5
01-21-2008, 08:07 PM
For this game do u have 2 use the pen stylus?

Llama Commando
01-21-2008, 09:34 PM
For this game do u have 2 use the pen stylus? Why do you ask about the stylus in every game? Yes, you use the stylus in Phantom Hourglass. In fact, you use it for pretty much everything. Moving, attacking, sailing, drawing... it's all stylus-controlled.

~Commandp~

guy5
01-21-2008, 10:07 PM
[QUOTE=Llama Commando;1978723]Why do you ask about the stylus in every game? Yes, you use the stylus in Phantom Hourglass. In fact, you use it for pretty much everything. Moving, attacking, sailing, drawing... it's all stylus-controlled.

CAUSE IM GETTING A DS .

Llama Commando
01-21-2008, 10:09 PM
[QUOTE=Llama Commando;1978723]Why do you ask about the stylus in every game? Yes, you use the stylus in Phantom Hourglass. In fact, you use it for pretty much everything. Moving, attacking, sailing, drawing... it's all stylus-controlled.

CAUSE IM GETTING A DS . Yes... but you could just look it up instead of depending on us. Probably never thought of that though. :rolleyes:

~Commando~

guy5
01-21-2008, 10:12 PM
[QUOTE=Llama Commando;1978840][QUOTE=guy5;1978836] Yes... but you could just look it up instead of depending on us. Probably never thought of that though. :rolleyes:

I DID LOOK IT UP. I EVEN E-MAILED NINTENDO.

pikachufan25
01-25-2008, 10:32 PM
I love this game, I can't say before, I was a big zelda fan, but I am now, I love this game, I'm in chapter 5.

Hoshika
01-26-2008, 12:06 AM
I DID LOOK IT UP. I EVEN E-MAILED NINTENDO.

Then you must be quite a genius to have overlooked this:

Continue the Wind Waker adventure in Link's first DS game.

Features

The stylus makes controlling Link easier than ever. Tap on the screen to make Link move, or sweep the stylus around him to swing the sword. Players can even draw a path for his boomerang and send it flying into hard-to-reach targets.

There ye go, O great one who defies caps lock laws.

Anybody tried naming Link Tetra in their second save? XD

TheEvilDookie
01-26-2008, 12:17 AM
Then you must be quite a genius to have overlooked this:

There ye go, O great one who defies caps lock laws.

Anybody tried naming Link Tetra in their second save? XD

No, does something extra happen?

---

I'm looking for someone to help me get all the big plays on wifi, so I can get the golden ship parts. Anyone willing to help? I'll help you too.

bobtail
02-19-2008, 11:47 AM
i got it a couple of days after it was realeased it's my first zelda game and i'm really enjoying it i'm on the part were you have to get the 3 stones iv'e got the red one