PDA

View Full Version : Shoddy Battle Team (RMT)

Lord Voldemort
12-29-2007, 02:10 AM
I'm back....

Skarmory (♂) @ Leftovers
Ability: Keen Eye
EVs: 252 HP/240 Def/18 SDef
Impish nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Drill Peck
- Roar
- Spikes
- Roost

I believe this is quite standard except for a slight EV tweak.
---
Blissey (♀) @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 200 HP/252 Def/58 SAtk
Bold nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Aromatherapy
- Thunder Wave
- Thunderbolt
- Softboiled

For anyone who like Stealth Rock on this, no I will not replace T-Wave.
(That reminds me, I'm a bit annoyed that Shoddy battle doesn't show status. Could anyone point me to the website?)
I'm thinking of replacing Thunderbolt with Ice Beam, but a bit of help on that would be appreciated.
---
Salamence (♂) @ Life Orb
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 120 HP/252 Atk/138 Spd
Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Dragon Dance
- Earthquake
- Dragon Claw
- Fire Fang

I like it, it's Standard, and it was my favorite sweeper in RSE.
---
Claydol @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP/108 Def/150 SDef
- Reflect
- Rapid Spin
- Explosion
- Light Screen

Reflect and Light Screen on one set may come as a surprise, but with it's pathetic Attack, I think dual wall/screen things help more than another attack.
---
Dusknoir (♂) @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP/100 Atk/30 Def/128 SDef
- Thunderpunch
- Will-o-wisp
- Shadow Punch
- Pain Split

Fairly Standard, except for the EVs.
---
Uxie @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP/158 Spd/100 SAtk
Bold nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Energy Ball
- Charge Beam
- Psychic
- Shadow Ball

Supposed to to be a bit of a Sweeper. I'm thinking of Chucking in Calm Mind over Shadow Ball or Charge Beam due to the fact that it's simply not sweeping. Of course, it's not built to be a Sweeper, so it may seem like a bit of a novelty, but it works decently with the rest of my team.
---

In my test battles, it's worked quite well, but that may be luck.
I do notice my teams weakness to a boosted Crunch or Dark Pulse, so I'm thinking of changing Uxie.

Spongebob Number One Fan
12-29-2007, 02:21 AM
I'm back....

Skarmory (♂) @ Leftovers
- Drill Peck
- Roar
- Spikes
- Roost

Alright, maybe invest some Atk EVs, but fine.

Blissey (♀) @ Leftovers
Bold nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Aromatherapy
- Thunder Wave
- Ice Beam
- Softboiled

(That reminds me, I'm a bit annoyed that Shoddy battle doesn't show status. Could anyone point me to the website?)
I'm thinking of replacing Thunderbolt with Ice Beam, but a bit of help on that would be appreciated.

Yeah, go Ice Beam for sure. You beat more stuff like dragons and dugtrio if you csan hit it on the switch.

Salamence (♂) @ Life Orb
- Dragon Dance
- Earthquake
- Dragon Claw
- Fire Fang

I like it, it's Standard, and it was my favorite sweeper in RSE.

That'll do.

---
Claydol @ Leftovers
- Reflect
- Rapid Spin
- Explosion
- Light Screen

Reflect and Light Screen on one set may come as a surprise, but with it's pathetic Attack, I think dual wall/screen things help more than another attack.

Pokemon like Dsknoir and Gengar that want to block your spin are going to have no trouble. Put in soemthing like Psychic or ice beam to fend them off, but I don't know what screen you'd rather get rid of (or explosion would work)

Dusknoir (♂) @ Leftovers
- Thunderpunch
- Will-o-wisp
- Shadow Punch / Shadow Sneak
- Pain Split

Fairly Standard, except for the EVs.

Eh, I wouldn't go so many attack EVs, buff up that SDef some more. Shadow Sneak is helpful for the likes of Gengar and starmie that otherwise outspeed you, I'd consider it.

Uxie @ Leftovers
Bold nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Energy Ball
- Charge Beam
- Psychic
- Shadow Ball

Supposed to to be a bit of a Sweeper. I'm thinking of Chucking in Calm Mind over Shadow Ball or Charge Beam due to the fact that it's simply not sweeping. Of course, it's not built to be a Sweeper, so it may seem like a bit of a novelty, but it works decently with the rest of my team.
---

Yeah, you'll need a SAtk boost of some kind to make this at all worthwhile, as you won't be sweeping much.

I do notice my teams weakness to a boosted Crunch or Dark Pulse, so I'm thinking of changing Uxie.

Yeah, You'll probably want to replace that uxie for a steel that can take those dark and electric hits. Considering skarmory walls most of this team, magnezone might not be such a bad idea for the last slot, though something faster might be better.

Lord Voldemort
12-29-2007, 02:29 AM
But Shadow Sneak does KO or 2HKO. I see your point, but I like Shadow Punch simply because of it's Power. I'm going to replace Uxie with something that can use Energy Ball/ Grass Knot effectively, because Grounds really cripple my team's usefulness.

I'm still thinking of idea to replace it with. I like having Magnezone, so maybe I'll change something else.
Btw, you've gotten a lot better since last time I saw you.

Tory vs Meaty II
12-29-2007, 03:03 AM
Hey, this is the same team we tied with Lord Voldemort. I'm thinking of replacing Uxie for a defensive Rest+Sleep Talker, I will think about which will be the main one for this team. LOl, weakeness to Dark Pulse you say? You are discribing my Houndoom.

Flygon Ruler
12-29-2007, 03:03 AM
I'm back....

Skarmory (♂) @ Leftovers
- Drill Peck
- Roar
-Stealth Rock (It's better IMO)
- Roost

---
Blissey (♀) @ Leftovers
Bold nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Aromatherapy
- Thunder Wave
- Ice Beam/Seismic Toss Blissey fails with T-bolt. Seismic Toss works better with aromatherapy AND T-wave, but whatever
- Softboiled

---
Salamence (♂) @ Focus Sash
- Dragon Dance
- Earthquake
- Dragon Claw
- Crunch Most people say Fire Fang, but Crunch pawns

I like it, it's Standard, and it was my favorite sweeper in RSE. You need focus sash in case of a hard attacker so you can pull a DD off. That's just me though.
---
Claydol @ Leftovers
- Reflect
- Rapid Spin
- Explosion
- Light Screen

---
Dusknoir (♂) @ Leftovers
- Thunderpunch
- Will-o-wisp
- Shadow Punch
- Pain Split

Fairly Standard, except for the EVs. EV's are weird, but it works fine
---
Uxie @ Leftovers
Bold nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Energy Ball
- Charge Beam
- Psychic
- Shadow Ball

Never battled nor used Uxie, but Azelf is the best of the trio.
---

Changes in bold. Nice team 8/10

Lord Voldemort
12-29-2007, 03:16 AM
Hey, this is the same team we tied with Lord Voldemort. I'm thinking of replacing Uxie for a defensive Rest+Sleep Talker, I will think about which will be the main one for this team. LOl, weakeness to Dark Pulse you say? You are discribing my Houndoom.

Hell yeah.
What I didn't get, if you saved the battle, (Idk if that's possible on shoddy)
was why you used Substitute when you have 17% HP. You could have Charge Beamed and then passed to Houndoom.

@ Flygon Ruler - Focus Sash is a waste on Mence, because usually people don't send out DDers until midgame at least, when stuff usually gets statused and stuff.

Tory vs Meaty II
12-29-2007, 03:23 AM
Hell yeah.
was why you used Substitute when you have 17% HP. You could have Charge Beamed and then passed to Houndoom.

@ Flygon Ruler - Focus Sash is a waste on Mence, because usually people don't send out DDers until midgame at least, when stuff usually gets statused and stuff.

Oh man, my head hurts, there is so much to do on D/P. So many strategies to think of. So much terror. Substituting confuses me when I have low-HP. I don't know what to do at that point. If I would of Baton Pass it to Houndoom. It would of be KO-ed.

EDIT: I will time my self 30 mins to think about the strongness, and the weakness to this team.

Lord Voldemort
12-29-2007, 03:26 AM
Oh man, my head hurts, there is so much to do on D/P. So many strategies to think of. So much terror. Substituting confuses me when I have low-HP. I don't know what to do at that point. If I would of Baton Pass it to Houndoom. It would of be KO-ed.

Fair Point.
Still, I don't think Shoddy Battle is as user-friendly as NetBattle.
Then again, this has only been available for a few months.

ronjocox
12-29-2007, 05:29 AM
Actually, Cresselia outclasses Uxie in almost every way. On Skarmory, Stealth Rock is much betterm than spikes. SR, is easier to set up, an it hurt Salamences more. Thunderbolt isnt that great on non CMer blissey.

Back on to the Cress part: Cress can set up Reflect so much better than Claydol. And you get a free moveslot on Claydol.

Mixmence>All Salamence because it can tear teams apart becasue Mixed Sweepers are the best wall breakers. Mixmence also kills 'Nape also.

Lord Voldemort
12-29-2007, 05:03 PM
Actually, Cresselia outclasses Uxie in almost every way. On Skarmory, Stealth Rock is much betterm than spikes. SR, is easier to set up, an it hurt Salamences more. Thunderbolt isnt that great on non CMer blissey.

Back on to the Cress part: Cress can set up Reflect so much better than Claydol. And you get a free moveslot on Claydol.

Mixmence>All Salamence because it can tear teams apart becasue Mixed Sweepers are the best wall breakers. Mixmence also kills 'Nape also.

Sorry, I just like DD.
But I like Cresselia instead of Uxie.

Flygon Ruler
12-30-2007, 02:29 AM
Hell yeah.

true, but its still usefull and I've one battles because of Life Orb damage, like stalling with a defensive wall till burn and life orb seep away life.

As for the midgame part, I disagree. Alot of people start with sub-dancers like dragonite or T-tar. Mence is nice as a starter, because alot of people switch out and it gives you a chance to put a DD. Of course weavile starters are a big counter to this, but I've seen weavile without ice shard...

ronjocox
12-30-2007, 02:49 AM
People now use Tyraniboah or Bandtar instead of DDtar.

Tory vs Meaty II
12-30-2007, 02:51 AM
I was thinking about putting Regice in insted of Uxie. Too Salamence is not good with Wish in D/P.

Flygon Ruler
12-30-2007, 03:07 AM
I was thinking about putting Regice in insted of Uxie. Too Salamence is not good with Wish in D/P.
wait. what? Is this your RMT?

Ronjox: I know, it was just a stupid example.

Lord Voldemort
12-30-2007, 05:05 PM

I tried out cresselia, and it's working admirably.
I'll try out Regice, but I honestly think Blissey covers Sp. Def well enough on it's own.