PDA

View Full Version : Pokemon World Online

Kaikyro
12-30-2007, 08:48 AM
Yay I've been making a new Online pokemon Game - That actually looks like the Gameboy Advance Games...

I'm currently working on all the maps in Leaf Green & Fire Red...
Check out the site and let me know if you wanna help map building...
http://www.theonlinepokemonproject.com

Please let me know what you think...

12-30-2007, 08:56 AM
looks pretty good can't wait till it's finished

Kaikyro
12-30-2007, 09:04 AM
At Present you can walk around, Battle, Battle Player vs Player, Chat and catch Pokemon.
I'm actually doing up Veridian Forest as I'm posting this...

Aelitaluver30
12-30-2007, 01:47 PM
At Present you can walk around, Battle, Battle Player vs Player, Chat and catch Pokemon.
I'm actually doing up Veridian Forest as I'm posting this...
I can't really get on because my internet can only allow one www site at the time. It's not the site, it's my internet. But once my intenet's fixed, I'll go and see it. I hear it's pretty good.

Mr-Nick
12-30-2007, 08:27 PM
SWEET looks awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Aelitaluver30
12-30-2007, 08:45 PM
SWEET looks awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Now, that was spam. Don't do it again. Encourage him/her to make more sutff to his/her site, etc.

ShoyruX
12-31-2007, 02:36 PM
Random teleports, some spelling errors.

But it's in its baby shoes, so good job :-)

(PS: for uniqueness = Like crater had dark and metallic pokemon, perhaps you can add like glowing or angel or devil pokemon. You only need some spriters willing to make them. *cough*me*cough*.)

Aelitaluver30
12-31-2007, 03:11 PM
Random teleports, some spelling errors.

But it's in its baby shoes, so good job :-)

(PS: for uniqueness = Like crater had dark and metallic pokemon, perhaps you can add like glowing or angel or devil pokemon. You only need some spriters willing to make them. *cough*me*cough*.)Nice thing for the uniqueness, ShoryruX. I agree with that. It's taking baby steps in the world of growing.

Hyosuke
12-31-2007, 03:23 PM
The game needs to run smother. No offence but my little brother makes smoother running games than this. Yes there is random teleporting and I ended up getting a visual runtime error.

The game has great presentation and a wondeful idea. Fix some of the stuff thats wrong with it and it'll be a fine game :D

Heres a banner for ya

http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/ee24/gorge464/new-1.png

Aelitaluver30
12-31-2007, 03:56 PM
The game needs to run smother. No offence but my little brother makes smoother running games than this. Yes there is random teleporting and I ended up getting a visual runtime error.

The game has great presentation and a wondeful idea. Fix some of the stuff thats wrong with it and it'll be a fine game :D

Heres a banner for ya

http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/ee24/gorge464/new-1.png
That's a nice banner, Hyosuke. It's cool! Pokemon World Online is pretty cool, but it needs some more work on it. I know you're still working on it... But I'm just saying.

IcMnR15
12-31-2007, 04:01 PM
That's a nice banner, Hyosuke. It's cool! Pokemon World Online is pretty cool, but it needs some more work on it. I know you're still working on it... But I'm just saying.
when will it be finished?

Aelitaluver30
12-31-2007, 04:09 PM
when will it be finished?
Idk. That was what I was wondering!

Hyosuke
12-31-2007, 06:07 PM
Online games take a long time to finish. You have to work out bugs and work out ways players can hack. It probaly wont be done for a long time. Dont give up!!

Aelitaluver30
12-31-2007, 06:49 PM
Online games take a long time to finish. You have to work out bugs and work out ways players can hack. It probaly wont be done for a long time. Dont give up!!
I never thought of that.

Hyosuke
12-31-2007, 07:15 PM
I never thought of that.

I've had some online game experiance, you cant really set a dead line for online games unless your being paid to make it by some big company. This guy is making it at his own free will so it'll be done when its done.

Aelitaluver30
12-31-2007, 07:39 PM
I've had some online game experiance, you cant really set a dead line for online games unless your being paid to make it by some big company. This guy is making it at his own free will so it'll be done when its done.
Hmm. True, very true.

Kaikyro
12-31-2007, 08:00 PM
Hey Guys,

Thanks for all the feedback...
Now firstly the issues...
Random Teleports - Not too sure about this one, can you let me know where itís happening (most likely my servers lagging and your walking upward into a teleport or something...)
Runtime - Can someone send me a screen shot of the runtime error?
Email Me... (kaikyro@gmail.com)

ShoyruX - Love the idea and would love to work on it, if itís not too much of a hassle can you let me know the specifics around shiny (glowing or angel or devil) pokemon and how we could make this work...

Hyosuke - Thanks for the banner (the game wonít lag so much once I've got my Server and ISP upgraded - New Zealand Internet Sucks!!!)

I really need to have some map editors (people) but I'm afraid my map editor seams too complex for most people, a shame really. I'm gonna try and simplify so that I can have some help re-creating Indigo and the newer maps... This would speed things along and give me time to sort out the engine properly...

I don't think the game will take long to finish... considering I've only spent 5weeks on it so far and most of the hard stuff (Protocol Engine & Hack Proofing is done)

Thank you all so much for the great response!!!

ShoyruX
01-01-2008, 06:38 PM
Well, if you can make wild pokemon like Starly and Rattata and stuff pop up, perhaps you can add another randomness generator for glowing pokemon, making them rarer. But not too rare, else everyone will start hacking. Like crater-shiny rare.

You could also make something like 'angry' or static pokemon. Just be original :-D Perhaps snow pokemon or something. But you'd need to add something to them. Like Dark had more attack, and metallic were oblivious to stat changes. Shinies had 1 hp IV more then normals.

Anyway, looking good :-)

ALSO: Use sprites for battles, they look way better.
Keep getting the "Connection forcefully rejected error."

Groudon_fan
01-01-2008, 06:59 PM
Hmm... Looks good.
I have a mac. so I can't say much else.

Aelitaluver30
01-01-2008, 08:57 PM
Hmm... Looks good.
I have a mac. so I can't say much else.
It's ok.

Well, if you can make wild pokemon like Starly and Rattata and stuff pop up, perhaps you can add another randomness generator for glowing pokemon, making them rarer. But not too rare, else everyone will start hacking. Like crater-shiny rare.

You could also make something like 'angry' or static pokemon. Just be original :-D Perhaps snow pokemon or something. But you'd need to add something to them. Like Dark had more attack, and metallic were oblivious to stat changes. Shinies had 1 hp IV more then normals.

Anyway, looking good :-)

I agree!

Kaikyro
01-01-2008, 10:07 PM

Whats your username?, I'll see if I can look at the logs to see whats wrong...

Aelitaluver30
01-01-2008, 10:13 PM
Whats your username?, I'll see if I can look at the logs to see whats wrong...I'll try to find some info about it before I sign-up.

Kaikyro
01-01-2008, 10:15 PM
I'll try to find some info about it before I sign-up.
Not to be rude but I was asking ShoyruX as he was having trouble. guess I should have PM'd him.

Aelitaluver30
01-01-2008, 10:48 PM
Not to be rude but I was asking ShoyruX as he was having trouble. guess I should have PM'd him.
I know... But I was just telling you.

Kaikyro
01-01-2008, 11:23 PM
Heya, Sorry about the misunderstanding...
I'm not sure there is any other information about this game out there... we now have 32 Users though :smile: which is great really for a new game thatís been public for 2 Weeks now.

Soo happy with progress. -Sorry this is very irrelevant...

Aelitaluver30
01-01-2008, 11:37 PM
Heya, Sorry about the misunderstanding...
I'm not sure there is any other information about this game out there... we now have 32 Users though :smile: which is great really for a new game thatís been public for 2 Weeks now.

Soo happy with progress. -Sorry this is very irrelevant...It's ok, don't worry.

ShoyruX
01-02-2008, 09:50 AM
my acc name is Yannick.

EDIT: Is anyone else experiencing a "'387' run-time error: 'visible' propert cannot be set on this control"?

Aelitaluver30
01-02-2008, 04:01 PM
my acc name is Yannick.

EDIT: Is anyone else experiencing a "'387' run-time error: 'visible' propert cannot be set on this control"?
Uhh... I'm not. Why?

Kaikyro
01-03-2008, 01:55 AM
We found this to be a big issue. and thanks to help from ShoyruX this has been resolved.
Thanks heaps!

Aelitaluver30
01-03-2008, 01:58 AM
We found this to be a big issue. and thanks to help from ShoyruX this has been resolved.
Thanks heaps!
What was wrong with it, Kaikyro?

Hyosuke
01-03-2008, 02:00 AM
im gonna be a noob and say..."MAKE ME ADMIN PLEASE >.<!!" XD all noob peepz always beg that when a game is being made and they know they creator

What was wrong with it, Kaikyro?

A run-time error caused it to close. I dont know what the reasons may be. It could be glitching or broken data or just plain something wrong with the program. It can happen in any program I think.

I really need to have some map editors (people) but I'm afraid my map editor seams too complex for most people, a shame really. I'm gonna try and simplify so that I can have some help re-creating Indigo and the newer maps... This would speed things along and give me time to sort out the engine properly...

I don't think the game will take long to finish... considering I've only spent 5weeks on it so far and most of the hard stuff (Protocol Engine & Hack Proofing is done)

Thank you all so much for the great response!!!

Oh the map editor isnt complex at all, dunno how to save though. It just takes A VERY LONG TIME to make 1 building, other wise its simple and your game is gonna take ALOT longer to complete. The makers of endless online have had it out for about 2 yeras and its not complete. Its still in development.

Kaikyro
01-03-2008, 07:11 AM
Whenever New Users got into a Battle the game would show a runtime error...
This was because the New users didn't have any items but were treated as if they did...

Fixed now anyway, and had fun battling ShoyruX afterwards :biggrin:

Aelitaluver30
01-03-2008, 03:27 PM
im gonna be a noob and say..."MAKE ME ADMIN PLEASE >.<!!" XD all noob peepz always beg that when a game is being made and they know they creator

A run-time error caused it to close. I dont know what the reasons may be. It could be glitching or broken data or just plain something wrong with the program. It can happen in any program I think.

Oh the map editor isnt complex at all, dunno how to save though. It just takes A VERY LONG TIME to make 1 building, other wise its simple and your game is gonna take ALOT longer to complete. The makers of endless online have had it out for about 2 yeras and its not complete. Its still in development.
Oh, ok.

Whenever New Users got into a Battle the game would show a runtime error...
This was because the New users didn't have any items but were treated as if they did...

Fixed now anyway, and had fun battling ShoyruX afterwards :biggrin:Lol. I wonder why it would close.

ShoyruX
01-09-2008, 07:31 PM
A lot of problems have been fixed. We're on beta version 0.5 now, which runs stabler then alpha 0.25.

Eeveedude
01-15-2008, 12:31 PM
A lot of problems have been fixed. We're on beta version 0.5 now, which runs stabler then alpha 0.25.

Keep it up it's lookin good.

ShoyruX
01-16-2008, 01:38 PM
A LOT of problems were solved, including the always-annoying battle bug. The game has sound and everything, check it out.

Here's the History log for interested people

Current version: 0.58

Version: 0.57 Changes:
15th Jan 2008
EXP and HP Bars
PVP Battles Working Again
Vastly Improved speed, and Movement engine
*As a result there is no more sync button. if you feel you are lagging stand still for 3 seconds and your position will be corrected.

Version: 0.56 Changes:
15th Jan 2008
Another attempt at the Battle Bug
When focused on the Chat window you will not move your charictor
Few Minor Changes to Gui
(Will probably do another release tonight)

Version: 0.54 and 0.55 Changes:
13th Jan 2008
Cured the Jumping around Lag (Mostly)
New Button (Sync) which updates you if you believe your lagging.
New Opening Screen
Improved Error Handling (Less showstopping RTE's Server side)
Version: 0.53 Changes:
12th Jan 2008
Added Multi Participant PM Functionality
Also a small speed improvement.
Version: 0.52 Changes:
12th Jan 2008
Expanded Tilesets
Expanded Collision Detection
Added in Mt Moon in Full - Possibly wrong (3am here)
(No Monster Battles in the Depths of Mt Moon and Route 4 yet... coming in the next hour)

Version: 0.51 Changes:
11th Jan 2008
Server Configurations Change - Hopefully a speed improvement.
Map Editor Update - You'll need to download the new version
Version: 0.50 Changes:
9th Jan 2008
Battle System Revised - Server Side
Battle System Client Side - Animated Health Bars more Accurate.
Battle System Conditions (Poison, Sleep, Leach Seed etc)
(These may not apply to all skills yet - but I did get most of them)

Version: 0.49 SERVER SIDE Changes:
8th Jan 2008
Profanity Filter
Pokemon show as soon as they are caught
Battle Bug Fixes
Pokemon Type Errors
Server Statistics Implemented
Random Warp into Trees revised
Version: 0.48 Changes:
7th Jan 2008
Battle Bug Revised - 2-Way checks implemented.
Version: 0.47 Changes:
6th Jan 2008
Fixed the Battle Bug (Battle Freezes when choosing an Attack) - New Battle Bug
Fixed Changing Map Timeout
Fixed PvP bug (Prevents Users from going into Battle)
Improvements to Re-Ordering Pokemon and Visiting Pokecenter (Now heal Instantly)

Version: 0.46 Changes:
5th Jan 2008
You can now use A,W,S and D as up, Down etc.
Who's Online is working
Fixed Mismatch Maps Bug - Ending up in a tree. - Maybe Not
Fixed the Register Function - No more Black.
Version: 0.45 Changes:
4th Jan 2008
Fixed Many RT Errors
Implemented Mod Functions
Fixed Battle Yourself Bug
Implemented Evolutions

Dragonair_blizzard
01-21-2008, 07:40 AM
It doesn't work on my computer because it always gets stuck on where the Professor says he is going to register you on the League.

KelDragon
01-27-2008, 07:59 PM
I'd like to know since I'm blind. Is this thin accessible with a screen reader?