Itachi_2007
12-31-2007, 12:40 PM
A tip:
Tyranitar can learn Surf and Flamethrower. Here's my Tyranitar's moves
Surf
Fire Blast
Earthquake
Crunch

>_> Just because he can learn them doesn't mean you shuld teach him that. Surf, Flamethrower, ect. Is just plain no on Tyranitar. Thunderbolt and Dark Pulse, or Ice Beam, are the ONLY Special Attacks you should be using on him.

PokemonBoy2106
12-31-2007, 12:52 PM
When i cant disagree on Thunderbolt but Dark Pulse isn't evena special move, he's Dark aswell :signduh:

arceus03
12-31-2007, 12:58 PM
If you don't mind losing a turn put Giga Impact in.
Or breed it with any Pokemon that knows Outrage.
OK, so no STAB, and Outrage Confuses.
But its physical with a base power 120. Consider it.

Itachi_2007
12-31-2007, 12:59 PM
When i cant disagree on Thunderbolt but Dark Pulse isn't evena special move, he's Dark aswell :signduh:

Dark Pulse is not a Special Move? You're giving me quite a laugh here. Luckily for me, I can link you tohttp://www.serebii.net/attackdex-dp/dark.shtml And all I can say the for last part is so? Way to point out the obvious. Last-word-freak: Cheerios!

shedinjask
12-31-2007, 03:36 PM
Mixtar is quite good with Fire Blast, Itachi.

Tyranitar @ Leftovers
252 HP/252 Attk/4 Def -- Adamant
Screech
Pursuit
Focus Punch
Stone Edge

I have been dying to try this out.

Itachi_2007
12-31-2007, 03:52 PM
Mixtar is quite good with Fire Blast, Itachi.

Tyranitar @ Leftovers
252 HP/252 Attk/4 Def -- Adamant
Screech
Pursuit
Focus Punch
Stone Edge

I have been dying to try this out.

I was talking about Flamethrower, however, since he said it could learn it. I must've mis-understood him. >_>

Duddit
12-31-2007, 04:36 PM
thanks for the replies,

I am reluctant to give tyrantar earthquake because he will not get the bonus attack because hes a rock/dark poke...

Confusion Berry held item

Outrage
Stone Edge
Crunch
Screech

Edit: btw I also want to make my tyranitar attack ev trained... Should I give him hp, speed or a combo of both.

Thanks

Itachi_2007
12-31-2007, 04:40 PM
thanks for the replies,

I am reluctant to give tyrantar earthquake because he will not get the bonus attack because hes a rock/dark poke...

Confusion Berry held item

Outrage
Stone Edge
Crunch
Screech

That's a good decision, just make sure Its the CB, or the DD variant with EQ. Shedinjask's Set is fine I guess. As long as you have prediction, without Sub at least Maybe a suggestion for you, Shedinjask. It does reach max HP. (404.) Which means it can survive Blisseys's ST. :O

Fire Away
12-31-2007, 08:47 PM
If you're using Screech-Tar, put Pursuit on him. The whole point is to force a switch and nail the fleeing opponent with a Pursuit as they try and run.

shedinjask
12-31-2007, 09:33 PM
If you're using Screech-Tar, put Pursuit on him. The whole point is to force a switch and nail the fleeing opponent with a Pursuit as they try and run.
Or nail the switch in with a Focus Punch.

Sub sounds ok, but I want a reliable move. And EQ is good on things that don't get STAB and is infinately more useful than Outrage.

Also do not caps my name. >O

Itachi_2007
12-31-2007, 09:38 PM
Or nail the switch in with a Focus Punch.

Sub sounds ok, but I want a reliable move. And EQ is good on things that don't get STAB and is infinately more useful than Outrage.

Also do not caps my name. >O

Sub Isn't reliable? 0_o Substitute is very reliable, I believe.

shedinjask
01-01-2008, 03:52 AM
I mean a reliable attacking move. Pursuit is sort of weak and Focus Punch won't always hit.

Duddit
01-02-2008, 03:00 AM
thanks again for the replies, I may think about switching to EQ as apposed to outrage... I have recentally checked my tyranitars's IVs and I came to find that they are the following:

HP 1 - 2
Attack 24 - 25
Defense 11 - 12
Special Attack 12 - 13
Special Defense 11 - 12
Speed 4 - 5

he is a Attack/HP ev trained poke... I am worried that my tyranitar has gimped with these IVs... Is this true?

PokemonBoy2106
01-02-2008, 06:41 AM
Dark Pulse is not a Special Move? You're giving me quite a laugh here. Luckily for me, I can link you tohttp://www.serebii.net/attackdex-dp/dark.shtml And all I can say the for last part is so? Way to point out the obvious. Last-word-freak: Cheerios!

srry, i made afool of myself, i havent played in ages and i was thinking of a move thats not the same type as the pkmn

shedinjask
01-03-2008, 11:29 PM
thanks again for the replies, I may think about switching to EQ as apposed to outrage... I have recentally checked my tyranitars's IVs and I came to find that they are the following:

HP 1 - 2
Attack 24 - 25
Defense 11 - 12
Special Attack 12 - 13
Special Defense 11 - 12
Speed 4 - 5

he is a Attack/HP ev trained poke... I am worried that my tyranitar has gimped with these IVs... Is this true?
Terrible IVs, please rebreed.

Itachi_2007
01-04-2008, 04:06 PM
Terrible IVs. Rebreed.

The Attack is pretty good, however. But yeah, otherwise, terrible IV's.

OZ striker 01
01-04-2008, 05:21 PM
well here is mine and by the way I like the DD'T-tar

Tyranitar Adamant
EVs : 252 atk / 176 HP / 82 Spd
sets :
-DD
-Stone Edge
-EQ
-Fire fang which i'am using or Aerel Ace to counter the fight pokes

Itachi_2007
01-04-2008, 05:25 PM
well here is mine and by the way I like the DD'T-tar

Tyranitar Adamant
EVs : 252 atk / 176 HP / 82 Spd
sets :
-DD
-Stone Edge
-EQ
-Fire fang which i'am using or Aerel Ace to counter the fight pokes

Nobody keeps him in on Fighting Types, though, do they?

OZ striker 01
01-04-2008, 06:16 PM
Nobody keeps him in on Fighting Types, though, do they?

As you said no one but if he has DD 2 times or more
arel Ace can be useful so yes you can keep him
and Arel Ace is also for the Grass and Bug types not only for the fighting ones

Itachi_2007
01-04-2008, 06:27 PM
As you said no one but if he has DD 2 times or more
arel Ace can be useful so yes you can keep him
and Arel Ace is also for the Grass and Bug types not only for the fighting ones

AA = no on Tyranitar. Truth. Not worth a debate. I honestly cannot find one way it is useful, and I am skeptical that you can.

OZ striker 01
01-04-2008, 06:30 PM
AA = no on Tyranitar. Truth. Not worth a debate. I honestly cannot find one way it is useful, and I am skeptical that you can.

well me too i don't use it but it's a choice any way and a good one if used right
what about if he get the BP of scizor
after a swords dance and agility
it will kill
any fighter pokemon and you should know Itachi
that every one has his opinion in this life !!!!!!!!!!!!

Itachi_2007
01-04-2008, 06:52 PM
well me too i don't use it but it's a choice any way and a good one if used right
what about if he get the BP of scizor
after a swords dance and agility
it will kill
any fighter pokemon and you should know Itachi
that every one has his opinion in this life !!!!!!!!!!!!

Dude, what if Lucario used Vacuum Wave? Let's check the calculations: Also, BTW, if your opinion is wrong, others need to have the responsibility to correct it, in this case, you would be misleading the Thread starter. =D Defender HP: 310
Move Damage: 284 - 334
Damage: 91.61% - 107.74% Just remember, that this has no IV's, so yeah. And on Shoddy Battle, you have a lot more IV's. and guess what? [/Drum Roll] This Board is for Shoddy Battle! A Mod said so himself/herself. So in this case, you were misleading him. =P Also note, that VW also goes first. So no trying to say he will outspeed him. Edit: What does the current topic have to do with Scizor? In this case, he doesn't fit in. Its called, "Constructive Criticism." Learn to appreciate it.

Spongebob Number One Fan
01-04-2008, 07:41 PM
Dude, what if Lucario used Vacuum Wave? Let's check the calculations: Also, BTW, if your opinion is wrong, others need to have the responsibility to correct it, in this case, you would be misleading the Thread starter. =D Defender HP: 310
Damage: 91.61% - 107.74% Just remember, that this has no IV's, so yeah. And on Shoddy Battle, you have a lot more IV's. and guess what? [/Drum Roll] This Board is for Shoddy Battle! A Mod said so himself/herself. So in this case, you were misleading him. =P Also note, that VW also goes first. So no trying to say he will outspeed him. Edit: What does the current topic have to do with Scizor? In this case, he doesn't fit in. Its called, "Constructive Criticism." Learn to appreciate it.

Saying an opinion is wrong is no in itself. Don't be so hypocritical >.> Seriously dude, work on your attitude, it's ticking me off how you're acting.

Ice Beam sucks on CBtar. I don't care what Smogon says, it's useless on something that gains that monstrous attack and has access to a move like pursuit (hello Cressi). CBtar can take all non-supereffective special attacks pretty easily with sand stream and then can nail fleeing Pokemon. It's really fun switching in on specsZam's psychic and then pursuit it to kill it.

And about Aerial Ace, it's quite handy against the breloom switch-in. Breloom resists everything Tar throws at it and then some with that sporepunching. AA will nail it for a OHKO as it comes in. Same goes for Heracross. While it dies to stone edge, Stone edge misses A LOT. So next time you claim something is a total truth, get your facts straight X_x Because it's REALLY annoying reading that all the time :/ BTW, AA also hits fighters (who resist both of its STAB attacks) harder than EQ and will make them think twice next time they switch in.

Again, Ice Beam sucks on CBtar. On Boah and all that it's cool, but CBtar it is no. Wasting your funnest option for it is even worse.

DDtar is really only good for late-game sweeps, so if you don't need one, you should go Boah or CB. Boah if skarmbliss and co. bother you.

OZ striker 01
01-05-2008, 06:36 AM

Hey just know what you are saying forst and
also it's a choice not an obligation to use :eh:
give him what you advise only 'cause I know what i'm talking about Mr.:goofy:
so just give your opinion and by the way I don't like your attitude

Gengar356
01-14-2008, 04:21 AM

I don't think it would be too bad because not only is it useful for fighting pokemon, but you can hit ANYTHING with it, which can be a huge help considering that some trainers love double team. But I think this might be better:

Hold Item: Leftovers (or Focus Sash)
EV: 252 ATK 252 DEF
Nature: Adamant
Attacks: Dragon Dance
Avalanche
Earthquake
Stone Edge
Give this a shot......