PDA

View Full Version : Shoddy Team. Phear it.

Itachi_2007
12-31-2007, 11:49 PM
Gyarados (♂) @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 12 HP/246 Atk/252 Spd
Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Dragon Dance
- Taunt
- Earthquake
- Waterfall
---
Gengar (♂) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP/252 Spd/252 SAtk
Timid nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Hypnosis
- Thunderbolt
- Focus Blast
- Hidden Power [Ice]
---
Forretress (♂) @ Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP/252 Def/6 SDef
Relaxed nature (+Def, -Spd)
- Earthquake
- Rapid Spin
- Rest
- Gyro Ball
---
Garchomp (♂) @ Choice Band
Ability: Sand Veil
EVs: 252 Atk/252 Spd/4 SAtk
- Fire Blast
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- Dragon Claw
---
Blissey (♀) @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 212 HP/252 Def/46 SDef
Bold nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Wish
- Seismic Toss
- Protect
- Ice Beam
---
Starmie @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 172 HP/216 Spd/120 SAtk
- Thunderbolt
- Surf
- Psychic
- Rapid Spin Because Hax saved my ass from Heracross's Megahorn. x.x Freezed him when it missed. Hax was on my side in that battle.
---

Fire Away
01-01-2008, 12:03 AM
Definitely six movesets with no details or explanations, and there aren't any details on the central strategy of this team.

As for your movesets, they're mostly fine, though Garchomp seems odd. I'd much rather run Choice Band with that set. You have Wish Bliss, so you can provide extra support for his switch-ins that way if you're worried about his survivability.

If you're going to use Starmie as a Rapid Spinner, use it as a Rapid Spinner. Don't mix and match choice sets with it. Spinner Starmie is support, keep it as that.

Itachi_2007
01-01-2008, 12:05 AM
Definitely six movesets with no details or explanations, and there aren't any details on the central strategy of this team.

As for your movesets, they're mostly fine, though Garchomp seems odd. I'd much rather run Choice Band with that set. You have Wish Bliss, so you can provide extra support for his switch-ins that way if you're worried about his survivability.

If you're going to use Starmie as a Rapid Spinner, use it as a Rapid Spinner. Don't mix and match choice sets with it. Spinner Starmie is support, keep it as that.

So, just use Leftovers on Starmie? And I'll change Garchomp, thanks.

Fire Away
01-01-2008, 12:07 AM
So, just use Leftovers on Starmie? And I'll change Garchomp, thanks.

Yeah. Generally speaking most of the time, people will switch to their Spin-Blocker on Starmie. If you're locked into Rapid Spin you give your opponent's Spiritomb/Dusknoir/Gengar or whatever a free turn to set up, burn something, Hypnosis, etc.

Ultima Boss
01-01-2008, 12:09 AM
Make Gyarados your lead, as Intimidate is quite intimidating for starters. Also, give him Leftovers or Life Orb to give him freedom for his attacks, as this is more effective for him. Thus, Dragon Dance is like a must for him, and perhaps Taunt or Substitute fits him too? It's your call; I just don't like Gyarados with a Choice.

For Gengar, you have no need for Energy Ball since Swampert seems to make no threat to this team; replace it for either Shadow Ball or Hidden Power [Ice]. Not to mention Gengar is your only Normal resist.

Weezing likes Thunderbolt for Gyarados, since he's your only counter 'em.

If you plan on making Starmie have a Choice then Choice Scarf would be a better option prevent yourself from getting outsped when using Rapid Spin, for the most part.

Overall, not bad

Itachi_2007
01-01-2008, 12:20 AM
Make Gyarados your lead, as Intimidate is quite intimidating for starters. Also, give him Leftovers or Life Orb to give him freedom for his attacks, as this is more effective for him. Thus, Dragon Dance is like a must for him, and perhaps Taunt or Substitute fits him too? It's your call; I just don't like Gyarados with a Choice. I like Taunt for the standard-ness, but Sub seems like a fun choice.

For Gengar, you have no need for Energy Ball since Swampert seems to make no threat to this team; replace it for either Shadow Ball or Hidden Power [Ice]. Not to mention Gengar is your only Normal resist. I had HP [ICE] on him, but I decided to change it. Guess Its time to change back.

Weezing likes Thunderbolt for Gyarados, since he's your only counter 'em.

If you plan on making Starmie have a Choice then Choice Scarf would be a better option prevent yourself from getting outsped when using Rapid Spin, for the most part. I was thinking this too.

Overall, not bad

Choice Scarf Starmie is probably the best option. I >3 Leftovers, though.

Ultima Boss
01-01-2008, 12:25 AM
I forgot about Leftovers for Starmie, which is a better alternative for the sake of freedom, my bad. Also, Recover would be a viable option for it. You could consider Psychic for it in case Heracross decides to come in and reign on your parade.

Even if Starmie gets KOed before it can make a move then you've given away Choice Scarf.

PokemonBoy2106
01-01-2008, 04:08 AM
i dont know much about having weezing and gengfar. i reckon u should replace weezing with someone like arcanine seeing as you dont have a fire type.

Ultima Boss
01-01-2008, 04:13 AM
Psychic is rarely floating around these days due to poor coverage, and there a few OU Fire types these days.

Itachi_2007
01-01-2008, 12:24 PM
i dont know much about having weezing and gengfar. i reckon u should replace weezing with someone like arcanine seeing as you dont have a fire type.[/QUOTE]

Replace Weezing? Weezing owns Fire Types for reliability on a Team. And even then, I don't Fire Types need to be on any Team, except In-Game. Also, I replaced Weezing for a Weavile Counter, seeing as how I got owned by one yesterday. =P

Gyarados (♂) @ Leftovers
EVs: 6 HP/252 Atk/252 Spd
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Dragon Dance
- Substitute Couldi've nailed Weavile with Stone Edge. ._.
---
Gengar (♂) @ Nothing
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP/252 Spd/252 SAtk
- Hypnosis
- Thunderbolt
- Focus Blast
- Hidden Power [Ice]
---
Forretress (♂) @ Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
Impish nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Earthquake
- Rapid Spin
- Rest
- Gyro Ball
---
Garchomp (♂) @ Choice Band
Ability: Sand Veil
EVs: 252 Atk/252 Spd/4 SAtk
- Fire Blast
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- Dragon Claw
---
Blissey (♀) @ Leftovers
Bold nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Wish
- Seismic Toss
- Protect
- Ice Beam
---
Starmie @ Leftovers
EVs: 172 HP/216 Spd/120 SAtk
- Thunderbolt
- Surf
- Ice Beam
- Recover
---

The one in bold is my Weavile Counter. [QUOTE]Smogon: Forretress just laughs off his attacks and can use Weavile's Speed against him by firing off STABed, super effective Gyro Balls.

shedinjask
01-01-2008, 05:51 PM
Forry is a great Weavile counter.

Gyara really needs STAB and Taunt. Sub is good for nothing on it.

Ultima Boss
01-01-2008, 06:24 PM
Yeah, in retrospect, you'll probably be better off with Taunt then Substitute to prevent setups from your opponent; though I still see nothing wrong with having Substitute ever, just that it sometimes limits one's capabilities.

If you do plan on using Gyro Ball frequently then you may want to set Speed IVs to 0 and give him a hindering Speed Nature (Relaxed) to get the most out of it.

Also, for the purpose of optimizing Leftovers recovery and move effective EV spreads, just max out your HP to where you recover exactly 16% HP each turn to allow the difference in whatever could make a difference. For example:

Blissey (♀) @ Leftovers
Bold nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Wish
- Seismic Toss
- Protect
- Ice Beam

Here, Blissey recovers exactly 44 HP each turn with 704 HP, and that is the maximum it will ever gain with Leftovers. Take the difference of (714 (max HP) -704) = [multiply it by 4 to convert to EVs] 10*4 = 40. Then, disperse 40 HP EVs and place them in SpD, unless you have better use of 40 EVs somewhere else; you still get my point, no?

On the contrary:

Gyarados (♂) @ Leftovers
EVs: 6 HP/252 Atk/252 Spd
- Earthquake / Waterfall
- Stone Edge / Waterfall
- Dragon Dance
- Substitute / Taunt

In this case, you will want to set the minimum HP required to recover exactly from Leftovers. What you have now, 301 HP, you still get rounded down to 18 HP per turn, which originates exactly from 288 HP, being impossible unless you take off HP IVs. Thus, you may as well give him 6 EVs of HP from ATK EVs - you will have: 12 HP / 246 ATK / 252 SPD.

In this scenario, you will recover exactly 19 HP per turn with 304 max HP.

You can also use Life Orb, but make sure to have his exact HP one point above an exact divisible of 10 so you can still theoretically survive one more turn if abusing it. For example, 311 HP would be nice to have, or you do not have to place any EVs in HP at all with a grand total of 301 max HP.

You see my point in all this, no?

Leman
01-01-2008, 06:36 PM
Why isn't Gengar holding anything? Give it Leftovers if anything, or maybe Expert Belt seeing as it hits 10-12 types for SE damage.

Itachi_2007
01-01-2008, 06:53 PM
Why isn't Gengar holding anything? Give it Leftovers if anything, or maybe Expert Belt seeing as it hits 10-12 types for SE damage.

Because I forgot to put the Item on it. >_> But I already did this morning on Shoddy Battle, I just have to edit my post out ,now.