PDA

View Full Version : [WAR] Section Judge Recruitment

[Fair]
04-11-2005, 02:54 AM
[WAR] Season 4: Section Judge Recruitment

The WAR Leaders are looking for Section Judges! These hardworking individuals are one of the most important parts of the WAR - without good judges, this competition would never be possible. To be a section judge, you must be responsible, dedicated, nonbiased, and available this summer. (ALL Summer)

Current Team Leaders can't be section judges...sorry, Neo. :tongue:

I should also note that section judges will be rotated once every four weeks this season. By doing this, nobody will have to judge the same ol' section all summer, and get bored of it. So, if you would like to be a judge, have at least four sections in mind.

So, now that you know the requirements, I think it's about time for me to list the sections! :wink:

THE SECTIONS
Roleplaying
The President has been assassinated, and his death has left the world with a lot of unanswered questions. Who killed him? What was he working on? What are the Destiny Crystals? Only a select few know the truth, and they're not talking...

The Roleplaying judge has the responsibility of watching over the official Season 4 Roleplay to make sure that it doesn't get out of hand. Prior Role Play experience is a must.

Last Season's Thread (http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2775)

FanFic
The talented writers of PE2K will once again compete in a battle of words and plot twists to prove that they are the best.

Duties for this section include playing monopoly in your pajamas and reading through FanFics. Potential judges should be experienced writers, with a knowledge of correct grammer.

Last Season's Thread (http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2760)

Comedy
Ready to laugh? The comedians of PE2K will once again compete in a section where anything goes. Stories, pictures, flash animations, music, and anything else are all fair game.

The only thing that somebody needs in order to judge this section is a good sense of humor. So, if you haven't laughed lately, this isn't for you. Judges will also be required to come up with a new topic each week.

Last Season's Thread (http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2749)

URPG
Catch a Pokémon with a story, train it, and go up against the world! Then, write another story, hang out with a Leprachaun, buy some items in the Pokémart, post in the Lookie (TM) thread, and be home in time for dinner! There's nothing quite like the URPG.

Judges of this section will have to keep track of the WAR battles, and determine which team won the most.

Last Season's Thread (http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2813)

Debate
Are you opinionated? Do you hate it when somebody disagrees with you? Don't fight! Debate! State your opinion, and back it up with some facts! Tell somebody they're a loser - the smart way!

In this section, judges will have to decide who makes the most convincing argument, and has the most facts to prove it. A basic knowledge of current events and history will be necessary. Judges will also have to set each week's topic.

Last Season's Thread (http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2765)

Netbattle
Is the URPG not enough for you? Just can get enough battling to satisfy your primal hunger? Then Netbattling is for you! Use strategy and Pokémon knowledge to defeat anyone that stands in your way.

Judges of this section will need to keep track of WAR battles, and determine which team has won the most each week.

Last Season's Thread (http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2751)

Pokémon Trivia
Finally! The section for everybody that knows pointless facts about Pokémon returns! Dig out your Gameboys, grab your strategy guides and make Google your homepage - you're going to need them.

The judge of this section MUST know a lot about Pokémon, since he/she will be asking multiple questions each week.

Last Season's Thread (http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2784)

FanArt
Pencils, pens and Microsoft Paint collide in the best looking section of all! Can your masterpieces make everything else look ugly? Then you have what it takes.

Judges of this section need to have an appreciation of fine art.

Last Season's Thread (http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2766)

Creative Writing
The goal of this section is to write something...unique. The way you accomplish this is up to you. Poetry, short stories, song lyrics, and any other form of written expression that you can think of are all allowed.

The duties of this section include setting a topic each week, and deciding which entry is the best. Prior writing experience is a plus.

Last Season's Thread (http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2752)

Scavenger Hunt
To be successful in this section, you have to leave PE2K and venture into the dangerous land known only as the World Wide Web. Can you avoid the spam and pr0n sites long enough to find everything on the list?

The judge of this section will have to come up with things for teams to find using picture search engines. These items have to be findable, but not too easy to get. It's a hard balance to strike.

Last Season's Thread (http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2750)

The Application
Still interested? Good. To apply to be a section judge, just fill out this form:

Name:
Previous Experience:
Why You Think You'd Be A Good Judge:
The Sections You'd Like To Judge: (In Order Of Preference)

The judges will be picked by the WAR Leaders. I should also add that more sections may be added before the WAR begins. So, watch this thread to see if anything changes.

That's about it! Good luck to everybody who is applying!

HKim
04-11-2005, 02:59 AM
Thread- Stickied

~* Esper *~
04-11-2005, 03:00 AM
Name: Esper
Previous Experience: I have been here for a while. I was here and fought on the winning team for the Second War Season. Also, I 'caught' Jirachi in that same War. I have been in the URPG for a while. I was a previous Gym Leader, twice.
Why You Think You'd Be A Good Judge: I think I would be an excellent judge because I'm very impartial when something like this is at stake. I know I'm not on perfect terms with everyone, but I can do a really good job, just give me the chance. Plus, I respect everyone. Even though I may disagree with them from time to time, I give everyone a fair shot from the get go.
The Sections You'd Like To Judge:
1. Roleplay
2. Debate
3. URPG
4. Comedy
5. Fan Art
6. Creative Writing

Keeper_of_Light
04-11-2005, 03:45 PM
Name: Keeper_of_Light

Previous Experience: None as a judge, but I have been on the forum over a year now and have been a very active member of the URPG for a while now.

Why You Think You'd Be A Good Judge: I have been a very active member for a while now and have been reffing a lot so, I may even ref a lot of the URPG WAR battles so I could be a perfect judge as I would know everything was fair. I have also got to know a lot of the URPGers in recent times, so I know who's who and all. Also the URPG is the section in which I am most active as mmost of my posts are there. I was also the most active accrding the the recent ref wages.

The Sections You'd Like To Judge: URPG. Sorry but thats all, as I dont think I am right for any of the other sections.

Caite-chan
04-11-2005, 04:24 PM
Name: Shane
Previous Experience: I've been in all the WARs and I have been a judge before.
Why You Think You'd Be A Good Judge: I'm fair when it comes to judgeing.
The Sections You'd Like To Judge: Role Play, URPG, Fan Art

Incongruity
04-11-2005, 08:07 PM
I, personally, don't think we should have war judges that will also be very active as members. First of all, the teams wouldn't like this, because this disqualifies that judge from taking part in the event. If someone who wasn't good in that particular event judged... the entire point is gone. Second of all, there's the whole corrupt judge issue, which some were annoyed about in the early parts of war season 1 when TMA controlled everything...

But, if you guys believe people can be trusted... aite.. It's not the whole idea of people being corrupt, its that other people will whine about it

edit: actualy, i'd like to judge, I have some ideas

Name: sk
Previous Experience: Well, I've been judge for various things in war 1, trivia, RP, and I think I did one week of fan art. I was also one of the original 3 leaders
Why You Think You'd Be A Good Judge: Well, I have some pretty good ideas of what to do, I'm not too bad at graphics, I'll take my time looking at each thing, and judge on a few things, including how much skill required, how good it looks, and the usual technical issues like if it matches the rules. I'd also give individual criticism to each submission to try and help each one out (unless the person said he or she didn't want any). I also have an idea based on stock images.
The Sections You'd Like To Judge: Fan Art (although I'd make it more art based and less fan based)

The End
04-11-2005, 08:42 PM
in the netbattle and urpg sections, why would the judge not be able to participate.

its not like they are giving away answers or something, and they wont be able to judge unfairly towards themselves or anything, its all about the facts.

Incongruity
04-11-2005, 08:45 PM
URPG, Netbattle, that's two areas correct?

In everything else, it is VERY difficult for the judge to participate and WIN without arousing suspicion.

of course, for fun you could still write, rp, debate, make pictures, etc.

but if you were actually good at any of those areas, your team would be annoyed that they're sacrificing such a member

and if you were bad, then how would you know what is good and what is not?

w/e

do what you wish in that secret lab of yours HKim.. :banana:

Lord Celebi
04-11-2005, 09:45 PM
Name: rust
Previous Experience: Was judge of Graphic Art last war
Why You Think You'd Be A Good Judge: I have a lot of ideas, I also have a lot more time on my hands than many other people and am always lurking the forums, enabling me to catch an insult in a debate, or a god mode in a roleplay, etc.
Comedy
Debate (I really wanna judge this one)
Fan Art

The End
04-11-2005, 10:24 PM

In everything else, it is VERY difficult for the judge to participate and WIN without arousing suspicion.

but if you were actually good at any of those areas, your team would be annoyed that they're sacrificing such a member

w/e

so i'm taking it that if you are a judge for those two sections; netbattle and urpg, you would still be able to participate, because i dont see why not.

if so

Name: Alex/dishwasher on netbattle
Previous Experience: I judge random things having to do with strategy and such.
Why I Would Be a Good Judge: Being skilled at netbattle, i would know what to look for to see cheating and would know what is what.
Areas To Judge: Netbattle only.

edit: these old rules are pitiful, i must change them to conform to modern netbattle society.

HKim
04-11-2005, 11:51 PM
Yes, URPG and Netbattle are the two sections where the judge may participate and earn points for the team. As for the other sections, the judge may not earn points.

If the roleplaying judge wishes to participate, he or she can, but cannot receive any points for roleplaying.

Finglonger
04-12-2005, 12:04 AM
hm Just a thought, but couldnt we have more than one judge for some of these sections? You know to sort of balance eachother out, I dont know...

anyways no judge positions for me, I'm not on often enough. Just take my suggestion into consideration...

Jack of Clovers
04-14-2005, 09:13 PM
Name:
-jack
Previous Experience:
-URPG judge end of war2 and all of war3. Lookie judge for war3 2/3.
-im in charge of the urpg and i know what im doing. im never behind in judging the URPG section.
-URPG.

i think you only need one judge for the URPG. :eh:

~Jack~

paperfairy
04-16-2005, 09:21 PM
Name: Honestly- WHY do people do this? Paperfairy

Previous Experience:

Leader of the Original Team Rocket/RoboRocket/Mecha-Magma

Almost became a WAR leader, but I didn't have AIM. =(

In every WAR but 3

I know what good RPing is- I can also be a very fair person. I dont' judge by what I like- but by what's best.

RP
Fan-Art
Trivia

Matthew
04-18-2005, 08:31 AM

w/e

A judge who knows what he is doing.... don't go beserk on us if we use downloaded brushes... some of us don't have the resources to make abstract brushes that look attractive (render programs like Bryce, etc.) and I prefer to use brushes that aren't mine, seeing as it is slightly more convenient and quicker, especially for those of us who havce a job, school and a social life to balance... lol.

Ah.. I'm getting all defensive now, seeing as I know your feelings towards d/ld brushes...

But I'd support you for judge regardless :silly:

There goes my chance of being the judge seeing as I am a leader XD lol.

Incongruity
04-18-2005, 08:03 PM
nah, if I make judge, I have a whole different approach than what my normal feelings are. I usually judge based on skill level necessary, but this is a fault appraoch. This is because although I may know how to do something, it may not be easy, but it seems easy just because I know how to do it. And vice versa, if something is easy, but I don't know how to do it, it will seem hard. These are my normal feelings.

However, as a judge, I would judge based on how good the piece looks, poetic meaning, and a few hidden factors I'm thinking of in the back of my head. For example, (sorry TMTS, this is the best example I could think of) if TMTS makes a piece that is WONDERFUL considering it was made in paint, and let's say.. Matthew makes a piece that would be mediocre compared to other photoshop pieces. However, Matthew's piece is still better than that of TMTS look-wise. Even though TMTS looked better considering it was made in paint, that is no excuse for not letting Matthew win. You get my drift? I would judge based on how good the picture looked, and not based on how much of the potential limit of your tools (in this case paint and photoshop) was utilized.

off topic: Wow, you guys are totally wh0ring out lan's vpp idea... W/e, atleast it won't spread beyond this forum :tongue:

TMTS
04-18-2005, 08:35 PM
Name: TMTS
Previous Experience: participating in past wars, but not as a judge, Co-leader on the past Team Aqua-frost
Why You Think You'd Be A Good Judge: *slips [Fair] a $20* lol kiddin'... Umm... well simply put, I think I'd be able to judge based on effort as well as what it appears as. Also I think I'd be able to come up with good catagories >>. Adding to this, I spend a LOT of time online, so you wouldn't have to worry about my absence... much. :oops:
Fan Art
Comedy

Matt & Vulpix
04-30-2005, 01:12 AM
Name: Matt... Come on, you should know that.
Previous Experience: Er, I was the Fan Art Judge for a while. A long while. Good times. I think I was Creative Writing judge at some point or other.
Why You Think You'd Be A Good Judge: Because. Reason enough, isn't it? Well, if you want more... Because I don't care who wins therefore I can be teh unbiased judge!!!111. Unn00b that and you have a good judge ;) Oh, and I'm on my computer 23/6, so you can always count on my ass.
Scavenger or Creative Writing

Raddstealth316
04-30-2005, 03:29 PM
Name: Raddstealth316 (Dap)
Previous Experience: I have been in all wars. I might not have participated fully in every single one but I was still on a team and participated. I was also the Debate Judge in War Season 3.

Why You Think You'd Be A Good Judge: I believe I am fair, unbiased and I would work hard to make the section run efficiently.

1.URPG (I know the place inside out. Though personally I don’t think I will get this since Jack is applying but what the hell :p)
2. Comedy (I like to laugh a lot, and I believe its something you cannot possibly be unfair about as its just which one of the entries make you laugh the most. I wanted to be the judge of it last season but was too late in applying so I’d like a shot this time.)
3.Netbattle (Point adding is easy)

That’s only 3 I can do. The others I will be participating in during the war so I cannot apply to be judge.

~rs316~

[Fair]
05-13-2005, 01:18 AM
*slips [Fair] a $20* SWEET! I can buy some cheap prescription medication in Canada now! :biggrin:

:wink: I think you'll be a shoo in for a judge...

Lord Celebi
05-13-2005, 02:37 AM
']SWEET! I can buy some cheap prescription medication in Canada now! :biggrin:

:wink: I think you'll be a shoo in for a judge...
*Slips Fair a $100 and Airplane tickets to Canada*

[Fair]
05-15-2005, 05:47 AM
*Slips Fair a $100 and Airplane tickets to Canada*
...Why Canada? :eh:

TMTS
05-15-2005, 05:56 PM
Because that's where you said you'd go with even $20... but 100.... whoa. :rolleyes:

Lord Celebi
05-15-2005, 06:06 PM
']...Why Canada? :eh:
How about France? Italy? Anywhere you want, just name it!

*desperate*

Caite-chan
05-26-2005, 07:21 PM
When do we find out who going to be a judge?

HKim
05-27-2005, 03:35 AM
When do we find out who going to be a judge?

Well, Neo was going to put them up, but we're having some... um... technical difficulties. We'll try to get them as soon as we can.

Lord Celebi
05-29-2005, 04:06 PM
I could be fanfic judge... Just use my form I've already posted.

Matt
05-30-2005, 01:24 PM
Name: D.2

Previous Experience: I am quite new to these forums, so I haven't had experience in any of the WARs yet. I have written some good fan fictions, and written amazing feedback that got good feedback in itself. I am on Team Soul, so if I'm, not picked, I'll just crush the competition :tongue:

Why You Think You'd Be A Good Judge: A couple of reasons. For one, I am online so often, it's hard not to catch me on PE2K. I have been told that my fics are very good, and that I give great feedback. Not knowing many people, I am unbiased, and I am very educated on proper grammar (in spanish as well, but that's a different story). If It seems I don't use proper spelling/grammar on normal posts, they're just typos. I don't reread simple posts as I do with fics (especially if I were to judge tham), and sometimes end up with one or two errors. Otherwise, I think I can help greatly. I think I have earned the trust and care of this forum, and everyone knows my responsibility as a member. I would love to participate as a Judge in War 4. ~ Here's a link to one I started, but never finished due to my own uninterest. (http://www.pokemondungeon.com/ghpf/viewtopic.php?t=4690) ~ Here's one that I'm working on for URPG (http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8232) ~

Sections You'd Like to Judge: I think it's obvious I want FanFic, since it's one of the only ones left. I based my entry around it. I hope you consider. Otherwise, I believe scavenger hunt is still open.

Exon Auxus
05-31-2005, 06:36 AM
Name:Silver Skarmory

Previous Experience:I want to be a judge but I do not have much experience. But I do know what WAR is and what the point of it is. As for my experience, I am a current member of The Brotherhood of Steel. Although there have a lot of things just like WAR that I have participated in on other forums, so I happen to know a lot about WAR, especially since I've seen a lot about it on this forum. Also, I've talked to Neo Pikachu about WAR to make sure that I know everything I can know about it. And for that reason alone, I understand WAR and honestly think I deserve the postion of a judge for it.

Why You Think You'd Be A Good Judge: Well I should be a judge for a couple of reasons. I have read and know a lot about WAR now. I have excellent grammar and spelling. Members on this forum have told me that I would make a good leader. When I judge anybody anywhere, I judge fairly and give supportive and backup reasons as to my decisions. It doesn't matter who wins, as long as they win fairly. And I can make sure that happens. I know I can judge well, and I am unbaised. I don't judge on how I feel about each member, I judge on how good they do in what they are doing. And I've given constructive critiscm for everyone I have judged in the past, which is why I should be a Fan Fic judge. And yet, I'm almost always on this forum( unless I am tending to my own forum.) There is a 15 percent chance that you won't find me on this forum. And I am still available all summer.

Fan Fiction
Scavenger Hunt
Role Play