Adamant Nature
Guts Ability
EVs: 252 Attack / 252 HP / 4 Sp. Defense
@ Leftovers / Burn Orb
~ Bullet Punch
~ Belly Drum
~ Cross Chop
~ Rock Slide

A bit iffy about this guy, he starts off the game with Bullet Punch to get some damage in, if he's up against a Flying-type and needs his behind saved yesterday, then Rock Slide is in. Endure/Reversal is STABed with Salac Berry, speaks for itself.

Clamperl
Bold Nature
Shell Armor Ability
EVs: 252 Sp. Attack / 252 HP / 4 Defense
@ Deepseatooth
~ Surf
~ Ice Beam
~ Rest
~ Sleep Talk

I love Clamperl with a passion because of this. Deepseatooth is a 50% Sp. Attack bonus, with STABed Surf it's crazy. Restalk with Ice Beam AND Surf, it all just speaks for itself, once again.

Venonat
Jolly Nature
Compoundeyes Ability
EVs: 200 Attack / 200 HP / 108 Speed
@ Wide Lens
~ Sleep Powder
~ Screech
~ Bug Bite
~ Stun Spore

Venonat's motto is, "Cripple! Cripple! Cripple!". With Compoundeyes/Wide Lens, Sleep Powder and Stun Spore are out of the question for wtf awesome.

Pachirisu
Timid Nature
Pick Up Ability
EVs: 252 Speed / 200 HP / 56 Sp. Attack
@ Leftovers / Expert Belt
~ Thunderbolt
~ Thunder Wave
~ Grass Knot
~ Super Fang

Pachirisu was a "couldn't resist". Its 95 Speed and overlooked 90 Sp. Defense are more than decent for the Petit field. I decided to play around with the Salac Berry again, Thunder Wave, Grass Knot, Super Fang is obvious, and Thunderbolt for some STABed sweeping.

Smoochum
Timid Nature
Forewarn Ability
EVs: 252 Speed / 252 Sp. Attack / 4 HP
@ Salac Berry
~ Psychic
~ Ice Beam
~ Calm Mind
~ Substitute

Smoochum reminds me of Clamperl's set, Substitute/Calm Mind is much like what I've seen on Raikou, Psychic and Ice Beam get STAB with her more than decent Sp. Attack, she's just a special sweeper.

Ditto
Impish Nature
Limber Ability
EVs: 252 HP / 128 Defense / 128 Sp. Defense
@ Metal Powder
~ Transform
~ --
~ --
~ --

A real kick in the face. Ditto is looked down upon, but the Metal Powder increases both defenses by 50%, with an Impish Nature and those EVs you can't go wrong. Ditto is more of a last resort, when thrown up against a Pokemon with a decent moveset that Ditto could copy and throw right back at them (hopefully effectively)

Not too much of a change of pace for me, going from UU to Petit, but since my one friend has been made the official judge of a huge forum's Petit Cup tournament, then I thought I'd mess around with these guys x3

Lord Voldemort
01-02-2008, 05:13 PM
Is Petit NU?
I don't know much about Petit (or NU for that matter), but I do have one thing to say.
Either change Ditto, or add some Attack/Sp. Attack EVs. It's not going to to much with just Defense, Sp. Defense and HP EVs
Also, on Venonat, I think it's a waste to have 200 EVs in Attack just for the sake of Zen Headbutt.

Leman
01-02-2008, 05:18 PM
Makuhita
Adamant Nature
Guts Ability
EVs: 252 Attack / 252 HP / 4 Sp. Defense
@ Leftovers/Burn Orb
~ Bullet Punch
~ Belly Drum
~ Close Combat/Cross Chop
~ Rock Slide

A bit iffy about this guy, he starts off the game with Bullet Punch to get some damage in, if he's up against a Flying-type and needs his behind saved yesterday, then Rock Slide is in. Endure/Reversal is STABed with Salac Berry, speaks for itself.

I wouldn't not recomend Endure-Reversallers simply because of all f the new Quick Attack options running around. And Snover and Hippopoatus

Clamperl
BoldNature
Shell Armor Ability
EVs: 252 Sp. Attack / 252HP/ 4 Def
@ Deepseatooth
~ Surf
~ Ice Beam
~ Rest
~ Sleep Talk

I love Clamperl with a passion because of this. Deepseatooth is a 50% Sp. Attack bonus, with STABed Surf it's crazy. Restalk with Ice Beam AND Surf, it all just speaks for itself, once again.

Not much for me to say here.

Venonat
Jolly Nature
Compoundeyes Ability
EVs: 200 Attack / 200 HP / 108 Speed
@ Wide Lens
~ Sleep Powder
~ Bug Bite
~ Screech
~ Stun Spore

Venonat's motto is, "Cripple! Cripple! Cripple!". With Compoundeyes/Wide Lens, Sleep Powder and Stun Spore are out of the question for wtf awesome. Disable is more of a filler, and Zen Headbutt comes into play when needed.

Seeing as Disable is a filler and Venonat gets better moves than Zen Headbutt, run those two.

Pachirisu
Timid Nature
Pickup Ability
EVs: 252 Speed / 200 HP / 56 SpAtk
@ Leftovers/Expert Belt
~ Thunderbolt
~ Thunder Wave
~ Grass Knot
~ Super Fang

Pachirisu was a "couldn't resist". Its 95 Speed and overlooked 90 Sp. Defense are more than decent for the Petit field. I decided to play around with the Salac Berry again, Thunder Wave, Grass Knot, Super Fang is obvious, and Charm to help even out the Defenses.

Use Life Orb to get a bit more Power out of Grass Knot, as you are not giving it any SAtk EVs. Thunder bolt is there because its more Powerfull than Grass Knot. Use it after you Super fanged the Opponent a couple times.

Smoochum
Timid Nature
Forewarn Ability
EVs: 252 Speed / 252 Sp. Attack / 4 HP
@ Salac Berry
~ Psychic
~ Ice Beam
~ Calm Mind
~ Substitute

Smoochum reminds me of Clamperl's set, Substitute/Calm Mind is much like what I've seen on Raikou, Psychic and Ice Beam get STAB with her more than decent Sp. Attack, she's just a special sweeper.

Fine

Ditto
Impish Nature
Limber Ability
EVs: 252 HP / 128 Defense / 128 Sp. Defense
@ Metal Powder
~ Transform
~ --
~ --
~ --

A real kick in the face. Ditto is looked down upon, but the Metal Powder increases both defenses by 50%, with an Impish Nature and those EVs you can't go wrong. Ditto is more of a last resort, when thrown up against a Pokemon with a decent moveset that Ditto could copy and throw right back at them (hopefully effectively)

Not mmuch to say here

Not too much of a change of pace for me, going from UU to Petit, but since my one friend has been made the official judge of a huge forum's Petit Cup tournament, then I thought I'd mess around with these guys x3

Gl

EDIT: LV, Petit is a Tier that really isn't a tier, just used for Tournaments. ITs basically where you may only use Pokemon that have not evolved.

DragoniteMistress
01-02-2008, 05:19 PM
Petit is like a drop or two below NU, since NU is normally Pokemon like Ariados or the like.

And yeah, I was a bit shakey with the EVs and deciding how much would be best for what.

Thanks Leman, will update the first post for anyone else.

Fire Away
01-02-2008, 11:04 PM
Pardon me, but isn't Little Cup reserved for Pokemon that have evolution chains? Wouldn't that make Ditto/Pachirisu ineligible? I can't see how this isn't the rule. Otherwise things like Kangaskhan and Heracross become allowed.

Assuming he is (and even if he isn't) I would take Ditto out. Aerial Ace Diglett can really work this team over, so maybe something that can easily counter him would help.

The staple recovery item in this kind of competition is Oran Berry, btw. Recovers 10 health, which is half for almost all of the Pokemon eligible. Given how offensive it is, Leftovers recovery won't do much.

EDIT: I also just want to say I really don't recommend trying to set up in this environment. In Little Cup it's kill or be killed. Fast threats like Abra and Choice Scarf Cranidos are waiting in the wings to tear apart all hopes you have of setting up. Belly Drum is especially suicidal.

zukirin
01-08-2008, 07:20 PM
Very interesting team, I made a kind of unevolved team with 2 evolutions and it worked alright.

Anyways Deapseatooth DOESNT raise by 50%, it raises by 100% so in other words in x2 the Sp ATk of Clamperl.