PDA

View Full Version : Belly Drum Charizard counter

Vincent_Valentine_4
01-03-2008, 05:50 PM
I got owned last time by one so whats a great counter?

Leman
01-03-2008, 05:51 PM
Stealth Rock. GG

Vincent_Valentine_4
01-03-2008, 05:55 PM
GG? I'm not up to date on all of that.

Leman
01-03-2008, 06:00 PM
GG? I'm not up to date on all of that.

"Good Game" It was a filler so I still followed the 4-word rule. :x

Vincent_Valentine_4
01-03-2008, 06:04 PM
I want to know how to kill one stealth rock wont do enough.

Leman
01-03-2008, 06:12 PM
I want to know how to kill one stealth rock wont do enough.

Yes it will. It does about 50% to Charizard on the switch, which will stop it from Belly drumming.

Vincent_Valentine_4
01-03-2008, 06:13 PM
Dang well okay thx much.

Ultima Boss
01-03-2008, 07:39 PM
Yes it will. It does about 50% to Charizard on the switch, which will stop it from Belly drumming.
You should've said that the first time so you didn't have to use a bland filler.

But yeah, switching to Stealth Rock with x4 weakness does 50% damage to the recipient, which generally kills Belly Drum Charizards if they used Belly Drum and/or maxed out their usage of Substitute.

Fire Away
01-03-2008, 09:57 PM
However, if they spin away the spikes and switch Charizard in before you can get another set of rocks up, you can still always nail him with a strong Aqua Jet. CB Floatzel/Azumarill come to mind.

pikachu25king
01-03-2008, 10:34 PM
Use the move Counter to blast an unsuspecting Belly Drummed Salac'd (???) Charizard to oblivion, assuming my Pokemon survives an attack from it.

shedinjask
01-04-2008, 12:28 AM
Some Charizard run odd HP to survive SR/Drumming with 1 HP. In that case Sandstorm or a priority move gets it.

Sub/BD Zard is limited on its moveslots. Some run Fire Punch/Fly, which is somewhat taken care of by Rock types, and some run Fire Punch/EQ, which bulky waters can take.

zukirin
01-04-2008, 12:39 AM
Actually most of them use Sub/Drum/Fire Punch/Dragon Claw which is only resisted by Heatran.

Also, the best counter IMO, a fast pokemon with encore. ACtually almost any pokemon with encore will work. Switch in while they sub, use Encore, keep letting it use sub until Encore wears off, then switch to a counter so that it wont hurt you with its STAB'd Blaze Fire Punch.

Some noteable Fast pokemon with Encore:

Mr. Mime
Alakazam
Jumpluff

Leman
01-04-2008, 01:09 AM
Actually most of them use Sub/Drum/Fire Punch/Dragon Claw which is only resisted by Heatran.

Also, the best counter IMO, a fast pokemon with encore. ACtually almost any pokemon with encore will work. Switch in while they sub, use Encore, keep letting it use sub until Encore wears off, then switch to a counter so that it wont hurt you with its STAB'd Blaze Fire Punch.

Some noteable Fast pokemon with Encore:

Mr. Mime
Alakazam
Jumpluff

I don't think you can encore through a sub. =/ You can switch in on Belly Drum and Encore it, but not sub. =/

pikachu25king
01-04-2008, 01:49 AM
dont use alakazam, if you want a counter, choose blissey with softboil, seismic toss, thunder wave, and aromatherapy

fullmetal
01-04-2008, 02:19 AM
dont use alakazam, if you want a counter, choose blissey with softboil, seismic toss, thunder wave, and aromatherapy

Why use a blissey, a belly'd/blaze/fire punch can more than likely OHKO a non bold/252 def EVs blissey. Vincent all the best counters were already mentioned but yeah your best bet is to watch out for the sleep inducer pokemon. Its usually one like jumpluff or crobat that has hypnosis and u-turn. So watch for that. ;)

pikachu25king
01-04-2008, 03:52 AM
Why use a blissey, a belly'd/blaze/fire punch can more than likely OHKO a non bold/252 def EVs blissey. Vincent all the best counters were already mentioned but yeah your best bet is to watch out for the sleep inducer pokemon. Its usually one like jumpluff or crobat that has hypnosis and u-turn. So watch for that. ;)

there special defense is high, and they can take very good hits.

Kenny_C.002
01-04-2008, 04:55 AM
there special defense is high, and they can take very good hits.
But as a BD Charizard counter, it's terrible due to its pathetically low physical defense.

Vincent_Valentine_4
01-04-2008, 06:11 AM
yeah crobat sleeped me first but i have a special no sleep atk at all because sleep is cheap and noob so i wont allow it.

Fire Away
01-04-2008, 06:49 AM
yeah crobat sleeped me first but i have a special no sleep atk at all because sleep is cheap and noob so i wont allow it.

lol it's not cheap because you can't beat it. :P

Also, with Blaze Activated, BD-Zard's Fire Punch OHKOs 252/252 Bliss.

Vincent_Valentine_4
01-04-2008, 06:55 AM
I wouldn't use bliss to take hit anyways but you all have interesting strats.

Itachi_2007
01-04-2008, 03:09 PM

It's not cheap. ._. And Sleep Talk Milotic, or something similar, takes advantage of sleep.

Shadow Striker
01-04-2008, 04:11 PM
yeah it's not cheap and you are the only one saying that I'm just confirming

Itachi_2007
01-04-2008, 04:38 PM
Also, Blissey can absorb Special Attacks like jello, and can take one Physical hit, or two, depneding on the Physical Sweeper, once it has attained the split: 714/130. It can take hits well. But somebody once told me Miltank can take even more hits then Snorlax, and Blissey. =D

OZ striker 01
01-04-2008, 07:18 PM
Also, Blissey can absorb Special Attacks like jello, and can take one Physical hit, or two, depneding on the Physical Sweeper, once it has attained the split: 714/130. It can take hits well. But somebody once told me Miltank can take even more hits then Snorlax, and Blissey. =D

Just a lie Blissey is the best Sp.wall in pokemon ever
and than those two come in hand

Itachi_2007
01-04-2008, 07:23 PM
Just a lie Blissey is the best Sp.wall in pokemon ever
and than those two come in hand

Dude, the guy who told me that was a better player then me, and possibly you. In all my battles against him, (I've lost track, honestly), I've only won against him once. And that's the first match we ever played. And that was on Netbattle. NB >>>>>>>>>>>>>> Shoddy in every shape or form, and at any time of the day.

OZ striker 01
01-04-2008, 07:28 PM
Dude, the guy who told me that was a better player then me, and possibly you. In all my battles against him, (I've lost track, honestly), I've only won against him once. And that's the first match we ever played. And that was on Netbattle. NB >>>>>>>>>>>>>> Shoddy in every shape or form, and at any time of the day.

As you like but i'm talking with confidence no one can
be better than Blissey in that job
ask any pro battler here in our forum
and by the way you don't know my skills if you want to come to a battle
and you will see how Blissey is great !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
you are just loosing versus that battler because his team ownes yours simply

zukirin
01-04-2008, 07:32 PM
I don't think you can encore through a sub. =/ You can switch in on Belly Drum and Encore it, but not sub. =/

Yes you can I already did it.

OZ striker 01
01-04-2008, 07:33 PM
Yes you can I already did it.

me too i did it and why don't use two stealth rock
and finish it quickly when he came out

Leman
01-04-2008, 07:41 PM
me too i did it and why don't use two stealth rock
and finish it quickly when he came out

You can't stack Stealth Rock, so that wont work.

Itachi_2007
01-04-2008, 07:45 PM
As you like but i'm talking with confidence no one can
be better than Blissey in that job
ask any pro battler here in our forum
and by the way you don't know my skills if you want to come to a battle
and you will see how Blissey is great !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
you are just loosing versus that battler because his team ownes yours simply

I didn't say Blissey wasn't great. ._. The lack of people understanding me here never ceases to amaze me. >_> I was saying Miltank > Blissey. That simple.

shedinjask
01-04-2008, 11:01 PM
Maybe in ADV, but this is D/P. Snorlax is BL now because it can't take a hit. Snorlax.

XÍnaz
01-04-2008, 11:33 PM

No, you can Encore a sub. I am nearly 100% positive on this fact. Emphasis on nearly, however. Oops, already answered. As for countering a sub, Miltank can actually live a Blazed Fire Punch believe it or not. I'd use that if I were you, but seriously, just use Encore. Its uses are endless. Screw up walls, setteruppers, spikers, SubSeeders, ANYTHING. My Alakazam lead can attest to Encores greatness.

shedinjask
01-05-2008, 12:26 AM
Ah I see what you did there. You misunderstood me. I was saying maybe in ADV Miltank couldn't take a hit and was using Snorlax, a formerly popular special wall who fell from greatness, as an example of how things have changed, since you said you battled the guy in ADV.

Itachi_2007
01-05-2008, 12:29 AM
Ah I see what you did there. You misunderstood me. I was saying maybe in ADV Miltank couldn't take a hit and was using Snorlax, a formerly popular special wall who fell from greatness, as an example of how things have changed, since you said you battled the guy in ADV.

Sorry, I deleted my Post.

Spongebob Number One Fan
01-05-2008, 01:26 AM
I didn't say Blissey wasn't great. ._. The lack of people understanding me here never ceases to amaze me. >_> I was saying Miltank > Blissey. That simple.

Miltank better than blissey? Um, I never told you that and if I did, I was REALLY tired (he's refering to me BTW). Saying Miltank is better than blissey is totally ludicrous.

Belly Drum Charizard will lose to fast choice scarfers like gengar after a kill. Really, anything with salac and belly drum under its belt is going to be tough to stop. the key is stopping the set-up, or denting it really bad while it sets up. Flash fire pokemon are fun to use, but they get hammered by EQ.

brettmeeink
01-05-2008, 01:34 AM
Watch who you call a noob, since you got 6-0'd by a supposed 'noob' hahaha

YOU CANNOT STOP MY BELLYZARD!!! First, I put you to sleep with crobat, u-turn out, most people bring in blissey, I sub as they try to T wave then belly drum and sweep. SR can be avoided if you can switch in as they SR then get a free sub up and belly drum. But, anything that can out speed it will can keep breaking the sub so there's a counter.

Vincent_Valentine_4
01-05-2008, 05:20 AM
I'll battle you again if you don't use sleep breet then we'll see. You caught me off guard i didn't know about the charizard and it did hurt but the sleep caused your easy win.

OZ striker 01
01-05-2008, 07:28 AM
I'll battle you again if you don't use sleep breet then we'll see. You caught me off guard i didn't know about the charizard and it did hurt but the sleep caused your easy win.

sleep clause doesn't mean to not sleeping the other side but only one not more
and by the way brettmeeink has a very clear strategy lol !!!!

shedinjask
01-05-2008, 05:32 PM
There are a million different ways to deal with lead Hypnosis Crobat.