PDA

View Full Version : Screen Troubles

shakierarox
01-04-2008, 12:36 PM
Ok, so I have had this problem for about, 4 months, but the screen keeps shaking side to side. I know it isn't the monitor, because about, two months ago, we bought a new monitor, so can anybody tell me what's wrong with my computer?

At the worst parts of the screen, it looks like this.http://www.iaza.com/work/080105C/rainbow_ninetails75822.png

shakierarox
01-05-2008, 02:34 PM
Sorry for the double post, but can anybody help me at all?

Professor Geoffrey
01-05-2008, 02:36 PM
It must be something in your hard drive, or something... I'm not completely sure. Most likely the hard drive, because that's what connects to the monitor! Well, I'm not the tech geek, so I'm not sure what's wrong. Have you asked the Geek Squad (at BestBuy)?

shakierarox
01-05-2008, 09:08 PM
We don't have a best buy, in Australia.

Azumao
01-05-2008, 09:12 PM
Sounds like there's a bad connection between your monitor and your modem/tower/whatever you want to call it. Just pull the plug connecting it to your computer, get some medical alcohol and a Q-tip and wipe out the hole for it, then reconnect it really well.

shakierarox
01-05-2008, 09:20 PM
This is the second monitor we have gone through.

Josh
01-06-2008, 06:17 AM
It must be something in your hard drive, or something... I'm not completely sure. Most likely the hard drive, because that's what connects to the monitor! Well, I'm not the tech geek, so I'm not sure what's wrong. Have you asked the Geek Squad (at BestBuy)?
What... The... Fudge?! The harddrive is in no way remotely related to the monitor. The harddisk only stores data. The video card is what does the image processing.

Okay, a few details needed:
What brand monitor?
Is it an LCD (flat screen) or CRT (Big and chunky)?
Is it the same computer you've been using with the two monitors?

shakierarox
01-06-2008, 08:35 AM
What... The... Fudge?! The harddrive is in no way remotely related to the monitor. The harddisk only stores data. The video card is what does the image processing.

Okay, a few details needed:
What brand monitor?
Is it an LCD (flat screen) or CRT (Big and chunky)?
Is it the same computer you've been using with the two monitors?

The one I am using currently is a Studionworks 700S, it is a CRT, and yes, it is the same computer which I have been using for both of the monitors.

Josh
01-06-2008, 06:07 PM
Were they both Stationworks CRTs?

shakierarox
01-10-2008, 01:03 PM
Were they both Stationworks CRTs?

Sorry, typo, studioworks 700S, and Samtron 76E, but yeah, they were both CRT's.