PDA

View Full Version : Pokemon: Pieces of the puzzle

FireflyK
01-04-2008, 05:55 PM
About

Signup thread: http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/forum/showthread.php?p=1938050

The Shinto tournament, held each year in Jinto, has always drawn togethor unusual groups of people. This year's, however, are told a startling thing- a new region of Pokemon has just been discovered! A group of Pokemon trainers from all different regions of the world come togethor, deciding to travel to, explore, and map out this new area. Will you be bold enough to join? And for those that are... Will you fall into one of the many traps and pitfalls that various other group members may throw your way? Many members of the group have their own agendas, after all...

The usual regions, for the sake of this RP, do not exist. New regions will be listed here once I complete them. THe plot will also be added to (Or not.. Secrets are fun!) as it is designed. Help/volunteers, or reserving spots, is welcome.

Commonly confused itemsPlease note that these regions are a bit smaller than the in-game ones, thus why there are more of them. Also, you may add history, etc, to whichever island you 'claim' for your character to be from. While I don't want a huge amount of people in the RP, I may allow duplicates from a few regions/islands, provided your characters live far enough away on them not to know each other.

No one may be from Phoenix Isle or the underground cave. Also, characters from Katinara and Sdal may know each other already.

Team Rocket do occaisonally pop up in some of these places. Your character may have seen them. Team Rocket, in this timeline, actually split into two divisions about three years ago. The first, still named Team Rocket, are bumblers, and will try to steal about anything that isn't nailed down, particularly Pokemon. Team Vincit, however, are much more subtle and powerful, and only steal valuable items and Pokemon. Your character is unlikely to have seen them/dealt with them personally, though it is possible. ^^;

Team Aqua and Magma do exist, but are very new, and very weak still. They mostly give out fliers, trying to recruit, and are a nuisance. They aren't yet known to be really harmful.

Some teams are specific to a certain region. These include Team Iusta, seen only in Lilaene, and Team Caliope, found only in Caliope. Members may leave these areas during the RP, but a character not from these regions won't have seem them yet.

For the purpose of Equality, Pokemon will be attracted to only one gender.... But you may choose which one. Attract will only work on them when used by members of that gender.

Finally, for the sake of this RP, Magnezone, Rhyperior, Nosepass and its ridiculous evo, and Bidoof and Bibarel do not exist.

Rules

Rules will be added as needed. Don't make me have to add rules!

1. No legendaries. No exceptions.
2. You may have a few Pokemon from regions other than your own, because people do travel. However, at least half your owned Pokemon at the start of the RP must be from your home location.
3. Don't godmode, powerplay, and etc. This should be obvious.
4. No one can win ALL the time.
5. When you get a Pokemon, you choose their moves. For your starter, you may choose 5 moves your Pokemon learns through level up, and 2 TMs. For other starting-with Pokemon, choose 5 moves they can learn, and 1 TM. For other Pokemon, you may choose 4 starting moves. Some moves may be given when you capture or obtain a Pokemon, as a bonus. If so, I'll let you know what these are.
More learned moves/TMs can be earned later in the RP, either through random events, or points. You get 2 points for winning a battle, and 1 for losing. Good RP posts or plot type things, and etc, can earn you more points. I'll keep track of those in this post. And add a list of what each thing costs.
Hidden Power may not be chosen as one of these moves. You will earn that later in the RP, when your Pokemon's nature is uncovered.
6. Because levels would allow people to end up on an uneven scale, I won't be using them. Instead, experienced fighters will get to earn 'traits', which will be similar to abilities. Some may be given out, but for others, I'll PM you and let you know you've earned a trait, and let you choose what trait you want for which Pokemon. Some pokemon will not learn certain traits. For example, something that can't fly won't get a trait to let it fly faster or higher, and a legless Pokemon won't be the ability to climb well, for obvious reasons. Battle-related traits may be learned by almost any Pokemon, however.
7. Sometimes, 'guide' Pokemon will be available. These Pokemon hold plot clues, so if you capture one/convince it to join you for a while, I'll still play it. These Pokemon may stay with you and become yours to RP... Or they may leave. You won't know if a Pokemon is one of these at first.
8. You must actually buy or find Pokeballs. Sorry, this isn't the URPG. =p They will, however, be available in reasonable quantities.

Points are obtained every time you battle another trainer, or make a good RP post.
-everyone's points will be listed here-

FireflyK
01-04-2008, 05:57 PM
Character Information

Jackson (Djax94)
Stats (http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/forum/showpost.php?p=1959766&postcount=71)

Kassandra (Phantomkat7)
Stats (http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/forum/showpost.php?p=1946930&postcount=15)

Ava (Shuricel)
Stats (http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/forum/showpost.php?p=1946373&postcount=11)

Emp (Empoleonx2)
Stats (http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/forum/showpost.php?p=1946145&postcount=10)

Noah (NoaN)
Stats (http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/forum/showpost.php?p=1950463&postcount=54)

Alyson (Larvinator)
Stats (http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/forum/showpost.php?p=1949784&postcount=47)

Noel (Kitty-chan)
Stats (http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/forum/showpost.php?p=1949757&postcount=46)

Ethan (Bryceboy10)
Stats (http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/forum/showpost.php?p=1948554&postcount=29)

Lenis (Woopjohuunq)
Stats (http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/forum/showpost.php?p=1948329&postcount=28)

Aluna (Saraibre)
Stats (http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/forum/showpost.php?p=1948150&postcount=25)

Kyahido (Kaioo)
Stats (http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/forum/showpost.php?p=1946859&postcount=14)

Keely (Splishee)
Stats (http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/forum/showpost.php?p=1948084&postcount=24)

Cyrus (Sloven)
Stats (http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/forum/showpost.php?p=1947460&postcount=17)

Elana (Darksalamence)
Stats (http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/forum/showpost.php?p=1946857&postcount=13)

Luke (Someonerandom)
Stats (http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/forum/showpost.php?p=1946857&postcount=13)

Drin (FireflyK)
Stats (http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/forum/showpost.php?p=1955344&postcount=62)

Hotaru (FireflyK)
Stats (http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/forum/showpost.php?p=1949923&postcount=50)

Hiro (FireflyK)
Koiple (FireflyK)[/SIZE]
Stats ("]Stats

Various guide characters (FireflyK)
Stats ("")

FireflyK
01-04-2008, 05:57 PM
Pokemon that may be found in each area

Werling Region
Starters: Lotad, Vulpix, Clamperl

COMMON: Caterpie, Diglett, Pinsir, Kricketot, burmy, pidgey, starly, lotad, wingull, Seedot, shroomish, zubat, sneasel, snover, swinub, pichu, mareep, plusle, minun, torkoal, vulpix, snorunt, geodude, rhyhorn.

UNCOMMON: Weedle, Mankey, Heracross, Surskit, Murkrow, Sandshrew, Oddish, Gastly, NidoranM, NidoranF, Houndour, Sableye, Wynaut, Smoochum, Bronzor, Dratini, Mawile, Tyrogue.

RARE: Riolu, Skarmory, Delibird, Baltoy, Metang.

Pokon Island
Starters: Remoraid, Torchic, Treecko or Bulbasaur

COMMON: Caterpie, Weedle, Burmy, Swinub, Nincada, Kricketot, Bulbasaur, Combee, Pidgey, Starly, Gulpin, Shroomish, Tangela, NidoranM, NidoranF, Wingull, Cherubi, Snorunt, Pichu, Zubat, Unown, Pachirisu, Electrike, Lotad, Treecko, Plusle, Minun, Ryhorn, Slugma, Diglett, Larvitar, Torkoal, Mareep.

UNCOMMON: Sandshrew, mankey, mawile, ledyba, yanma, oddish, gastly, hoppip, skarmory, ralts, sableye, drifloon, riolu, baltoy, girafarig, wynaut, bonsly, ponyta.

Rare: Bronzor, Delibird, Misdreavus, Makuhita.

Dron Island
Starters: Buizel, Cacnea, Slugma

COMMON: Cubone, numel, weedle, paras, pineco, treecko, nidoranM, nidoranF, kricketot, wingull, lotad, pidgey, spearow, nincada, abra, oddish, starly, smoochum, tropius, rhyhorn, magnemite, voltorb, cacnea, cherubi, phanpy, larvitar, shinx, slugma.

UNCOMMON: Weedle, Ponyta, skorupi, hoppip, camerupt, stunky, drifloon, wynaut, delibird, aron, koffing, sandshrew, rotom, zubat, bellsprout, spoink, skarmory, tyrogue.

RARE: Bulbasaur, Beldum, bagon, snover.

Lilaene Region

COMMON: Slugma, hoppip, burmy, pidgey, spearow, combee, cranidos, heracross, scyther, gligar, torkoal, wingull, phanpy, voltorb, electrike, charmander, pichu, magnemite, growlithe

UNCOMMON: Ponyta, chimcar, sandshrew, weedle, shuckle, surskit, hoothoot, houndour, oddish, abra, meditite, smoochum, wynaut, dratini, makuhita, machop

RARE: Absol, Shuppet, Drifloon, Beldum.

Lowlands of Lilaene

COMMON: Sunkern, caterpie, ledyba, pineco, budew, scyther, combee, hoppip, pidgey, starly, farfetch'd, doduo, oddish, bellsprout, tangela, chikorita, nidoranM, nidoranF, plusle, minun, cubone, phanpy

UNCOMMON: Weedle, yanma, heracross, wurmple, illumise, volbeat, hoothoot, spearow, bulbasaur, taillow, ekans, cacnea, treecko, cherubi.

RARE: Baltoy, Unown, Drowzee, Duskull, skarmory.

Quilsoni

COMMON: Paras, venonat, surskit, burmy, pidgey, spearow, zubat, sunkern, ekans, turtwig, gulpin, starly, bellsprout, chikorita, geodude, numel, cranidos, sandshrew, gastly, sableye, shuppet, ralts, voltorb, elekid, charmander, magby, torchic.

UNCOMMON: Yanma, wurmple, illumise, volbeat, taillow, hoothoot, hoppip, urkrow, delibird, exeggcute, grimer, muk, misdreavus, stunky, duskull, spoink, mareep, pachirisu.

RARE: Abra, riolu, solrock, lunatone.

Aubeilu region

COMMON: Cubone, mankey, paras, burmy, scyther, pinsir, sunkern, oddish, pidgey, chikorita, skorupi, spearow, hoothoot, seedot, starly, shroomish, bellsprout, ponyta, ekans, geodude, larvitar, slugma, houndour, ralts, pichu, voltorb, elekid, pachirisu

UNCOMMON: Heracross, farfetch'd, zubat, exeggcute, hoppip, murkrow, taillow, treecko, houndour, NidoranM, NidoranF, makuhita, stunky, grimer, meditite, spoink,

RARE: Bulbasaur, turtwig.

Jevrok Region

COMMON: Paras, phanpy, pineco, pidgey, burmy, gligar, kricketot, skorupi, seedot, shroomish, budew, cacnea, houndour, poochyena, absol, numel, magnemite, electrike, shinx, pachirisu, larvitar, growlithe, slugma, magby, rhyhorn

UNCOMMON: Chimchar, shuckle, bellsprout, zubat, koffing, duskull, drifloon, meditite, spoink, trapinch, aron, torchic, mankey, machop, sandshrew,

RARE: Beldum, wynaut, taillow.

Sazekaura Region

COMMON: Diglett, sandshrew, caterpie, weedle, sandshrew, pinsir, ledyba, wurmple, surskit, burmy, combee, pidgey, zubat, taillow, chatot, starly, bellsprout, sunkern, exeggcute, carnivine, magnemite, poochyena, seviper, drowzee, gible, electrike, elekid, shinx, snorunt, swinub, ponyta

UNCOMMON: Venonat, spearow, farfetch'd, hoppip, murkrow, gligar, wingull, swablu, tropius, chikorita, treecko, tyrogue, koffing, stunky, sableye, drifloon, bronzor, makuhita, mawile, vulpix

RARE: Pineco, bulbasaur, chingling.

Taka Island

COMMON: Caterpie, nincada, kricketot, hoothoot, pidgey, taillow, wingull, cherubi, starly, grimer, misdreavus, voltorb, mime jr., chingling, shuppet, pichu, shinx, vulpix, slugma, numel

UNCOMMON: Venonat, swablu, ekans, houndour, koffing, sableye, duskull, drifloon, smoochum, mareep, electrike, ralts, hoppip, torchic

RARE: Bellsprout, Oddish.

Sdal Region

COMMON: Weedle, Venonat, ledyba, diglett, geodude, spinarak, wurmple, pidgey, electrike, hoothoot, taillow, starly, chatot, cherubi, gastly, pichu, houndour, sneasel, shuppet, drowzee, magby, chingling, torchic, phanpy, cubone, rhyhorn, sandshrew, cranidos

UNCOMMON:shieldon, natu, weedle, yanma, pachirisu, spearow, shuckle, gligar, tropius, bellsprout, baltoy, tangela, snover, tyrogue, pichu, absol, bronzor, sableye, abra, misdreavus, mareep, trapinch, solrock, lunatone, mime jr, camerupt, chimchar,bonsly.

RARE: Scyther.

Katinara Region

COMMON: Hoppip, caterpie, venonat, geodude, taillow, ledyba, spinarak, starly, wurmple, combee, pidgey, bellsprout, hoothoot, chikorita, budew, sunkern, gulpin, carnivine, drowzee, gible, mareep, electrike, plusle, minun, pachirisu, growlithe, ponyta, phanpy, sandshrew, chingling

UNCOMMON: weedle, natu, scyther, pinsir, yanma, chatot, spearow, doduo, shuppet, abra, pichu, tyrogue.

RARE: Bronzor, mime jr, tropius

Foren Island
Starters: Growlithe, Sunkern, Psyduck

COMMON:
Meowth, Jynx, Mr. Mime, Grimer, Rattata, Magikarp, Tentacool, Machop, Roselia, Oddish, Shroomish, Pidgey, Smeargle, Wurmple, Tropius, Chatot, Wingull.

UNCOMMON:
Ralts, Ditto, Koffing, Azurill, Spoink, Mankey, Tangela, Pikachu

RARE:
Eevee, Chansey, Cleffa, Abra, Seviper

Unknown area: Aerodactyl, lileep, anorith, spiritomb.

FireflyK
01-05-2008, 05:00 AM
All (pure, this doesn't include normal/flying) normal types may be found anywhere, with the exception of these ones:

Miltank, Munchlax, Kangaskan, Tauros, Zangoose.

Zangoose may be found in Aubeilu and the Lowlands.
Miltank may be found in Lilaene, and rarely in Katinara and Sdal.
Kangaskan may be found in Sazekaura.
Tauros may be found in Lilaene, and rarely in Katinara and Sdal.
Munchlax may be found in Dron and Jevrok.

Caecity
01-07-2008, 02:57 AM
I dunno if I'm suppost to PM you a question or not. Most discussion thread are to discuss so, [xD] you say the Starter pokemon can have 5 moves + 2 TM's. I'm sorta confused, is there a level limit to moves that they can learn through leveling up?

Edit;; And can non-psychic pokemon have Telekinesis, with their Trainer

Ex;
Muk has an extra special bond with his Trainer. Are they able to talk without words?

FireflyK
01-07-2008, 03:49 AM
I dunno if I'm suppost to PM you a question or not. Most discussion thread are to discuss so, [xD] you say the Starter pokemon can have 5 moves + 2 TM's. I'm sorta confused, is there a level limit to moves that they can learn through leveling up?

Edit;; And can non-psychic pokemon have Telekinesis, with their Trainer

Ex;
Muk has an extra special bond with his Trainer. Are they able to talk without words?

Yep, this thread is indeed for questions. =)

No, there is no limit to the moves. I may add a limit later if needed, but I think learning more moves allows for more variety in battle, and more interesting RPs. So for now, I believe that there will indeed be no limit to learned moves. You must earn a new move for them, however, past the ones they start with.

Non psychic Pokemon may not have telepathy (Telekinesis is moving objects with your mind) without a good reason. ^^: I will allow it only if you can suggest a concievable reason for this. Otherwise, however, no.

Caecity
01-07-2008, 03:55 AM
Yep, this thread is indeed for questions. =)

No, there is no limit to the moves. I may add a limit later if needed, but I think learning more moves allows for more variety in battle, and more interesting RPs. So for now, I believe that there will indeed be no limit to learned moves. You must earn a new move for them, however, past the ones they start with.

Non psychic Pokemon may not have telepathy (Telekinesis is moving objects with your mind) without a good reason. ^^: I will allow it only if you can suggest a concievable reason for this. Otherwise, however, no.

Sorry wrong term, well what I basically mean is. Can Non-Psychic type pokemon, and their Trainer talk to each other, through there mind.
Like reading each other minds..ermm.
[xD]

FireflyK
01-07-2008, 04:03 AM
Sorry wrong term, well what I basically mean is. Can Non-Psychic type pokemon, and their Trainer talk to each other, through there mind.
Like reading each other minds..ermm.
[xD]

That would be telepathy. And unless you have a good reason for it, no. Sorry.

Splishee
01-07-2008, 02:33 PM

Hmm.. what about Psychic pokemon and their trainers?

Saraibre Ryu
01-07-2008, 02:59 PM
Where is Spinarak? I don't see it anywhere and it is my absolute favorite bug type ever!

woopjohuunq
01-07-2008, 06:26 PM
Where is Spinarak? I don't see it anywhere and it is my absolute favorite bug type ever!

[...]

Sdal Region

COMMON: Weedle, Venonat, ledyba, diglett, geodude, spinarak, [...]

[...]

Katinara Region

COMMON: Hoppip, caterpie, venonat, geodude, taillow, ledyba, spinarak, [...]

----------

Try using CTRL-F (Find Command) next time.

Saraibre Ryu
01-07-2008, 07:17 PM
Lack of sleep. I bring it upon myself. Anyway, I might have to change my SU now. I wish I didn't have school.

Sloven
01-07-2008, 10:02 PM
Because I'm excited (and the absolute rush of SUs that pwn mine), will you start when you deem it enough people? Or will you start when every... Reserved... Person... Has... Joined?

Bryce
01-07-2008, 10:10 PM
Because I'm excited (and the absolute rush of SUs that pwn mine), will you start when you deem it enough people? Or will you start when every... Reserved... Person... Has... Joined?

haha, well i was talking with her before and she said that she might post a deadline for those that havent turned theirs in, but i doubt that it would come for another week or so..... this is a really in-depth RP, and therefore i think FFK wants the most detailed Sign-Ups as possible, so i dont think it is going to come too soon :3

I am really excited about this.... FFK is really organized & won't let this die i dont think <3

Caecity
01-07-2008, 11:22 PM

Nothing I can think of, [xD] well I haff [-.- yes I know this is spelled wrong] another question.

About the bonus, you know how Lowlands says you can get the other form of Nidoran, that doesn't cost any posts right..?

[If you start with Shellder, you get a 'large pearl' item worth $5000. If you start with any of the other starters, you get to choose 1 extra water-type basic Pokemon to start with. Lowlands characters get the move 'attract' for their starter + 2 Pokemon of choice, OR the other form of Nidoran (Their choice). Any of the above get, for their secondary bonus, an increased affinity for grass and water guide Pokemon- they will take to you better than the other characters.]

FireflyK
01-08-2008, 04:41 PM
Hmm.. what about Psychic pokemon and their trainers?

Ah, that's a different issue. ^_^ Psychic types can, of course, communicate mentally with willing trainers. =)

I want to give everyone a reasonable amount of time, so... I'm gonna start the RP this coming Monday, I believe, all things permitting.

About the bonus, you know how Lowlands says you can get the other form of Nidoran, that doesn't cost any posts right..?

Yep. =) Lowlands may choose to get the ohter type of Nidoran, in addition to their other Nidoran starter, as a bonus.

Caecity
01-11-2008, 11:59 PM
They can learn an unlimited amount over time, but these are the first five they'll know. These 'freebie' moves must be learned at level 30 or earlier. Use veekun if you're not sure when they learn a move.

So this means that the pokemon that we've caught can't have Moves over thirty...[Lv.30]

FireflyK
01-12-2008, 12:03 AM
They can learn an unlimited amount over time, but these are the first five they'll know. These 'freebie' moves must be learned at level 30 or earlier. Use veekun if you're not sure when they learn a move.

So this means that the pokemon that we've caught can't have Moves over thirty...[Lv.30]

Er, no. ^^; The moves that wilds come with will either be chosen by you, or for you, depending on the Pokemon and such. If you get to choose the moves, you'll be told what levels they can go up to. The level allowed will raise as we go, so that people don't start off totally powerful, but can get to that point.

The first few moves you choose can't be over that level, is all. Later ones will be.

Mitsuzo-kun
01-12-2008, 12:07 AM
OMG, I totally forgot about my SU! D:

I'mma have it done by tomorrow night, ismissing the amount of times I've promised. :P

KOR
01-12-2008, 07:07 PM
An update on my SU:

I have 3 pokemon left to do and that won't be very long. I'm on the family labtop right now and my SU is on my own computer so when I finish it I'll post it.

Also I have one question:

For the 5 points for Traits is that for each Pokemon or just a total of 5?

FireflyK
01-12-2008, 10:18 PM
An update on my SU:

I have 3 pokemon left to do and that won't be very long. I'm on the family labtop right now and my SU is on my own computer so when I finish it I'll post it.

Also I have one question:

For the 5 points for Traits is that for each Pokemon or just a total of 5?

It's 5 points total.

Caecity
01-16-2008, 11:25 PM
FFK we're allowed to post right?

FireflyK
01-17-2008, 12:54 AM
FFK we're allowed to post right?

Yeah.
It's a short intro, I know, but I did'nt want to be TOO strong in where I guided everyone to start out. ^^: Feel free.

KOR
01-17-2008, 04:51 AM
Where is the Shinto Cup in the region?

FireflyK
01-17-2008, 03:23 PM
In Jinto's main, center city, Jainan.

someonerandom
01-18-2008, 11:12 PM
I think I got accepted, but when I click on my character stats it leads to a different character.

Mitsuzo-kun
01-20-2008, 07:09 PM
When're you posting, Carly? I dunno what to do until you say. :P

Sloven
01-21-2008, 07:09 AM
FireflyK, I really need you to post so I can make Cyrus' daring escape somehow. How can one escape without being apprehended first?

FireflyK
01-26-2008, 08:17 PM
:redface: I'm sure by now people are wondering, where the hell have I been?

Computer less for a fwe days, then drowned in homework. My greek teacher decided to give us a quiz for the 2nd day of class, meaning I need to be fluent in ancient greek by monday... Yeah.

^^; I'm really sorry for the absence. I'll catch up on what I missed, and get to posting later today.