PDA

View Full Version : Power Trick Room

Kavrae
01-04-2008, 06:26 PM
1) Does Power Trick also trade EVs or do they stay with the original stat?

2) How do speed rasing/lowering moves (curse) affect Trick Roomed pokemon?

3) How well would this opening work:

Shuckle@?
Brave
Evs: 252 Attack 252 HP 4 S.Def
Power Trick
Rock Slide
Earthquake
Gyro Ball

Slowbro@?Focus Sash?
Sassy
Evs: 252 S.Attack 128 Def 128 S.Def
Trick Room
Surf
Ice Beam
Psychic

After using Trick Room and Power Trick (which WILL go last), Slowbro will be switched for a Follow Me/Wishing Togekiss while Shuckle (strongest and fastest thing ever) sweeps up. The Slowbro set is just a guess, using Focus Sash to ensure that Trick Room works, and then he can be used later to re-Trick Room or as a Special Sweeper type.

Stubby Boardman
01-04-2008, 10:02 PM
1) Does Power Trick also trade EVs or do they stay with the original stat?

2) How do speed rasing/lowering moves (curse) affect Trick Roomed pokemon?

3) How well would this opening work:

Shuckle@?
Brave
Evs: 252 Attack 252 HP 4 S.Def
Power Trick
Rock Slide
Earthquake
Gyro Ball

Slowbro@?Focus Sash?
Sassy
Evs: 252 S.Attack 128 Def 128 S.Def
Trick Room
Surf
Ice Beam
Psychic

After using Trick Room and Power Trick (which WILL go last), Slowbro will be switched for a Follow Me/Wishing Togekiss while Shuckle (strongest and fastest thing ever) sweeps up. The Slowbro set is just a guess, using Focus Sash to ensure that Trick Room works, and then he can be used later to re-Trick Room or as a Special Sweeper type.

1) evs would switch with the stat since it is part of that stat
2) i dont think trick room affects speed just atk, dfe, spatk, and spdfe

Xęnaz
01-04-2008, 10:45 PM
If you want, you can also run this pair:
Shuckle with Expert Belt
Relaxed Nature
252 DEF / 252 HP / 6 SPDEF
Power Trick
Protect
Earthquake
Rock Slide

Bronzong with Focus Sash
Relaxed/Sassy Nature
252 HP / 190 DEF / 68 SPDEF
Trick Room
Explosion
Grass Knot
Psychic

QuakeSlide is not resisted by that many Pokémon, so if you want to take a safe route you can set up Trick Room and Power Trick and on the next turn use Protect + Explosion for a safe switch in for Shuckles partner. For Togekiss, I suggest you run this moveset:
Follow Me, Flamethrower, Hidden Power Ice, Roost

The only resisters of the Earthquake + Rock Slide combination I can think of are Bronzong and Flygon, both of them are hit for Super Effective by Flamethrower and HP Ice.

I've wanted to use this strategy in doubles for quite some time now, and believe me it works.

Kavrae
01-05-2008, 05:59 PM
If you want, you can also run this pair:
Shuckle with Expert Belt
Relaxed Nature
252 DEF / 252 HP / 6 SPDEF
Power Trick
Protect
Earthquake
Rock Slide

Bronzong with Focus Sash
Relaxed/Sassy Nature
252 HP / 190 DEF / 68 SPDEF
Trick Room
Explosion
Grass Knot
Psychic

QuakeSlide is not resisted by that many Pokémon, so if you want to take a safe route you can set up Trick Room and Power Trick and on the next turn use Protect + Explosion for a safe switch in for Shuckles partner. For Togekiss, I suggest you run this moveset:
Follow Me, Flamethrower, Hidden Power Ice, Roost

The only resisters of the Earthquake + Rock Slide combination I can think of are Bronzong and Flygon, both of them are hit for Super Effective by Flamethrower and HP Ice.

I've wanted to use this strategy in doubles for quite some time now, and believe me it works.
Ok, first of all, I no longer trust Cheerios.

Now then, I really like how you've thought it out. I haden't quite gotten that far. But as for the Togekiss.... I already have one finished that's trained Defensively and has the set of Wish, Follow Me, Psycho Shift, and Air Slash. In order to make the one you suggest I would have to restart (which I don't mind if it's necessary). Unfortunetely, this is for a real team, therefore HP Ice could be a problem. If I can get it right off, I'll use it. Otherwise, what would be a good substitute?

Xęnaz
01-05-2008, 07:34 PM
If you can't get HP Ice, then you can run Gyro Ball > Protect on Shuckle. That way the only Pokémon who will resist all three of your moves (I believe) would be Bronzong. So for the final slot, just use a Togekiss with Flamethrower I guess.