PDA

View Full Version : Aikido or Hapkido?

VP4L
01-06-2008, 08:59 PM
Im thinking of taking a martial art class, im deciding wether to take Aikido or Hapkido what do you think is better?

MagmarMan
01-06-2008, 09:38 PM
I've only taken Hapkido and it was ok.... just ok. I didn't think it was that great, maybe Aikido would be better.

BloodofDragon
01-06-2008, 10:06 PM
I have never taken martial arts... if I did I would beat Light up for killing L.

Oh wait he's dead. Oops. :oops:

rufus6june
01-06-2008, 10:32 PM
Aikido. Judo and Juijutsu are similar though, witch I take Judo (not old enough for Jujitsu)

Exon Auxus
01-06-2008, 10:36 PM
Aikido involves a lot of grappling and locks, which means it's a bit similar to wrestling. It lets you redirect the opponents attack without the use of much effort. Hapkido involves pressure points, locks, tosses, throws, and kicks. Hapkido is a good self defense against people who fight blindly or "street fight", which will be just about anyone when you're out on the street. I say Hapkido.

Plus Scorpion from MK: Armaggedon uses it. :P

FireflyK
01-06-2008, 11:38 PM
Aikido, definitely. If it is your first martial art, an art with one 'type' instead of mixed strikes and deflections/throws/etc will be easier, I believe. Also, aikido is amazing, and once you get good at it, can be very useful in real fights.