Skarmory@Leftovers
Trait: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP/ 252 Def/ 4 Spd
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Roost
- Spikes
- Drill Peck
- Whirlwind

Standard. Whirlwind makes switches, and lays Spikes down.

Forretress@Leftovers
Trait: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP/ 252 Def/ 4 SDef
Relaxed Nature (+Def, -Spd)
- Explosion
- Toxic Spikes
- Gyro Ball
- Earthquake

Puts down Toxic Spikes. Light Screen is more of a filler.

Tyranitar@Leftovers
Trait: Sand Stream
EVs: 176 HP/ 80 Atk/ 252 Spd/ 4 HP
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Screech
- Taunt
- Stone Edge
- Crunch

Makes Switches. :D

Dusknoir@Leftovers
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP/ 204 Def/ 52 SDef
Careful Nature (+SDef, -SAtk)
- Confuse Ray/Will-o-Wisp
- Pain Split
- Thunder Punch
- Earthquake

Blocks Rapid Spin. C-ray sorta works as Screech.

Heateran@Choice Scarf
Trait: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 SAtk/ 252 Spd/ 4 HP
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Overheat
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Earthpower
- Flamethrower

Picks off weaker mons after SS/Toxic/T-Spikes/SR/Spikes weaken them a lot.

Ultima Boss
01-13-2008, 03:38 AM
For your Forretress, consider using Earthquake to cover those pesky Magnet Pull Magnezones or whatnot, seeing as how you declared Light Screen merely a filler and you'd do without Shed Shell.

Leman
01-13-2008, 03:40 AM
For your Forretress, consider using Earthquake to cover those pesky Magnet Pull Magnezones or whatnot, seeing as how you declared Light Screen merely a filler and you'd do without Shed Shell.

Yeah that would work. Do Steel type switch-ins get rid of Toxic Spikes? And would Weezing? He has levitate, so normally they'd miss him completely.

Fire Away
01-13-2008, 03:43 AM
Yeah that would work. Do Steel type switch-ins get rid of Toxic Spikes? And would Weezing? He has levitate, so normally they'd miss him completely.

Only non-levitating poison types absorb Toxic Spikes. Q.Q

For the most part this team is fine. HP Ice MixApe could potentially give you problems but as long as you don't get outpredicted you'll be alright.

Leman
01-13-2008, 03:49 AM
Only non-levitating poison types absorb Toxic Spikes. Q.Q

For the most part this team is fine. HP Ice MixApe could potentially give you problems but as long as you don't get outpredicted you'll be alright.

Yeah I was worrying about him. Aero OHKO's with Earthquake, as will almost all my other mons if he comes in on the switch. Noir also walls him, so I'm pretty sure that I'll be fine. Unless he runs something random. =/

And yay for there not being any componly used non-levitating poison typed other than Tentacruel. :D

Ultima Boss
01-13-2008, 04:05 AM
If you want your own Rapid Spinner then you could either replace Hippodwon with a Donphan looking like this:

http://pokemonelite2000.com/sprites/dpmba/dpmba232.png
-Item: Leftovers
-Nature: Impish [+ DEF, -SpA]
-Ability: Sturdy
-EVs: 252 HP | 4 ATK | 252 DEF
-Moveset:
Stealth Rock
Rapid Spin
Earthquake
[Roar/Scary Face]/Ice Shard/Stone Edge/Knock Off

You can still Stealth Rock 'n Roll and Spin in addition to your preexisting strategy, Earthquake STABs, and the last slot depends on what you want: pHazer (directly or indirect means), pick on weaker Pokemon who are susceptible to Ice and/or take out Gliscor and friends, additional coverage just like Shard but in the form of Stone Edge, or conjure a generic Gliscor with Knock Off and proceed from there.

Very similar to Hippo, but you lose out on another Sand Streamer and Yawn.

... or you could just fit Rapid Spin on Forretress in place of Gyro Ball or Explosion, whichever you see fit. Of course, you don't really need a Rapid Spinner, 'tis just a thought if you want one in there.

Leman
01-13-2008, 04:12 AM
If you want your own Rapid Spinner then you could either replace Hippodwon with a Donphan looking like this:

http://pokemonelite2000.com/sprites/dpmba/dpmba232.png
-Item: Leftovers
-Nature: Impish [+ DEF, -SpA]
-Ability: Sturdy
-EVs: 252 HP | 4 ATK | 252 DEF
-Moveset:
Stealth Rock
Rapid Spin
Earthquake
[Roar/Scary Face]/Ice Shard/Stone Edge/Knock Off

You can still Stealth Rock 'n Roll and Spin in addition to your preexisting strategy, Earthquake STABs, and the last slot depends on what you want: pHazer (directly or indirect means), pick on weaker Pokemon who are susceptible to Ice and/or take out Gliscor and friends, additional coverage just like Shard but in the form of Stone Edge, or conjure a generic Gliscor with Knock Off and proceed from there.

Very similar to Hippo, but you lose out on another Sand Streamer and Yawn.

... or you could just fit Rapid Spin on Forretress in place of Gyro Ball or Explosion, whichever you see fit. Of course, you don't really need a Rapid Spinner, 'tis just a thought if you want one in there.

Well, I can't really start without Hippowdown. Only Tyranitar gives out a starting Sand Stream, and he really doesn't immediately put out Stealth Rocks. I think I'll just put Rapid spin on Forry instead of Explosion, if I need it.

SoliX
01-15-2008, 01:41 AM
How bout dual Sandstorm x Trick room. Creative, just a thought.

Ultima Boss
01-15-2008, 02:07 AM
That would be problematic for his Revenge Killer | Late-Game Sweeper of choice, Aerodactyl.

XÍnaz
01-16-2008, 01:49 AM
MixMence looks like it can wreck havoc on this team. OHKOs Hippo with Draco Meteor, OHKOs Skarmory and Forry with Fire Blast, OHKOs Tyranitar with Brick Break, and 2HKOs Dusknoir with Draco Meteor followed by Crunch. Your only option at all is to revenge kill with Aerodactyl. Fire Blast followed by Crunch (with the SS Damage) probably will take out Dusknoir as well, so you can't even make that safe of a switch in with him for your steels. It's pretty tough for a team w/o Cresselia to counter MixMence, but there are other ways. A tanking Heatran can take down Salamence as with proper EVs, Brick Break won't do much and you can just take it out with Hidden Power Ice or you can Will-O-Wisp it. Another option is that you could use Vaporeon to Wish Stall it out. It can take his hits well, and the residual damage from Life Orb and SS will eventually finish it off. Other than that I'd say this is a very solid team. I like how you have the goal of setting up your layers of Spikes, forcing A LOT of switches with Yawn, Screech, and Confuse Ray, and you a great Anti-Spin at your disposal. With that being said, I think you could find something better to use than Aerodactyl. Even with the SS boost, its defenses are pretty meager. I would try to find something that can take care of your MixMence weakness while still keeping the same focus this team has.

Leman
01-16-2008, 02:36 AM
Aero, can safely switch into and OHKO Salamence, providing it's healthy. Draco Meteor leaves it with 22%. So It can safely switch in without too many worries, unless its spec'd and H-Pumps me. =/

XÍnaz
01-16-2008, 03:54 AM
Aero, can safely switch into and OHKO Salamence, providing it's healthy. Draco Meteor leaves it with 22%. So It can safely switch in without too many worries, unless its spec'd and H-Pumps me. =/

So what you're saying is that you will get just one switch in to take out Salamence, and you don't think your opponent will switch out? And practically every team sets up Stealth Rock, so after that your Aerodactyl will be finished. I just don't see Aerodactyl being a safe switch in for Salamence whatsoever. A counter also has to be able to do this more than just once. Aero can do it only one time.

Leman
01-16-2008, 11:44 PM
So what you're saying is that you will get just one switch in to take out Salamence, and you don't think your opponent will switch out? And practically every team sets up Stealth Rock, so after that your Aerodactyl will be finished. I just don't see Aerodactyl being a safe switch in for Salamence whatsoever. A counter also has to be able to do this more than just once. Aero can do it only one time.

True, true. Maybe CS Heateran>Aerodactyl then? something along the lines of:

Heateran@Choice Scarf
- Overheat/Explosion/Metal Sound
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Earthpower
- Fire Blast/Flamethrower

M-Sound can still PHaze with the C-Scarf. :o Unless of course it bothers to run Earthquake I think I can do fine, after switching into a Fire Blast.

XÍnaz
01-17-2008, 12:40 AM
True, true. Maybe CS Heateran>Aerodactyl then? something along the lines of:

Heateran@Choice Scarf
- Overheat/Explosion/Metal Sound
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Earthpower
- Fire Blast/Flamethrower

M-Sound can still PHaze with the C-Scarf. :o Unless of course it bothers to run Earthquake I think I can do fine, after switching into a Fire Blast.

Metal Sound is great, just not that good on a Choice Scarfer. It'll work once, but the second time they'll realize you are scarfed and just kill ya. I'd go with Overheat to be honest. Anything that has a 210 base power after STAB is worth considering. But yea, I think that will work a lot better than Aerodactyl. Since most Mixmences are Rash, the HP Ice will take it out with ease.

Leman
01-18-2008, 01:42 AM
Metal Sound is great, just not that good on a Choice Scarfer. It'll work once, but the second time they'll realize you are scarfed and just kill ya. I'd go with Overheat to be honest. Anything that has a 210 base power after STAB is worth considering. But yea, I think that will work a lot better than Aerodactyl. Since most Mixmences are Rash, the HP Ice will take it out with ease.

HP Ice OHKO's Mence all the time unless its bulky DD, or Wish. :D