PDA

View Full Version : Torchwood/Dr who

FireflyK
01-14-2008, 04:24 AM
So... Is anyone else here a bit of a scifi nerd? ^^; I have seen all sorts of star wars, star trek, and other sci-fi show fans, but I haven't met any pe2kers yet who like Torchwood or the new Doctor Who.

Oxygen
01-14-2008, 05:32 PM
Looks like you just met me ^^. I enjoy Doctor Who, but I haven't seen Torchwood.

Series 4 looks like the best. Also,[SPOILER ALERT!} Rose comes back.

FireflyK
01-14-2008, 10:52 PM
=O spoiler: ROSE COMES BACK? =D That would be the best! ^_^ Wow, I hope that's true. <3 Hehe.

Anyway, I'm glad to see another dr who fan around. ^_^ So, classic question... Which doctor do you prefer, the 9th, or the 10th? ;P

Lord Celebi
01-14-2008, 11:07 PM
=O spoiler: ROSE COMES BACK? =D That would be the best! ^_^ Wow, I hope that's true. <3 Hehe.

Anyway, I'm glad to see another dr who fan around. ^_^ So, classic question... Which doctor do you prefer, the 9th, or the 10th? ;P

Oh come on, I'm greatly offended you haven't even considered the old series :P Fourth Doctor, ftw. (http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/0/01/Bakert.jpg)

Yeah, I prefer the original Doctor Who as opposed to the newer stuff. Its okay, but nothing has been as good as the old series. Doctor Who went into a decline once Peter Davison left, imo, and still really hasn't come back.

Torchwood is a whole 'nother can of worms.

Oh, and for the record, I hate Rose with a passion XD

FireflyK
01-15-2008, 12:01 AM
Oh come on, I'm greatly offended you haven't even considered the old series :P Fourth Doctor, ftw. (http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/0/01/Bakert.jpg)

Yeah, I prefer the original Doctor Who as opposed to the newer stuff. Its okay, but nothing has been as good as the old series. Doctor Who went into a decline once Peter Davison left, imo, and still really hasn't come back.

Torchwood is a whole 'nother can of worms.

Oh, and for the record, I hate Rose with a passion XD

The 4th doctor was my least favorite. =p Hehe, figures that we're opposites. I thought Mccoy did a decent doctor, but I really like Eccleston's approach. Maybe he's not always subtle/playing games off people, or totally funny, but it was sort of endearing that after losing his people he didn't feel like he could handle 'domestics' anymore. x3

Torchwood... The endless plothole that survives because John Barrowman is love. xD I'm still puzzling over Owen's sudden change from stealing and using the alien gas stuff to make people who rejected him change their mind, to defending some rape victim from years and years ago... But the series has its moments.

You hated Rose? Why? She was a bit of a chav, but I thought she was cool. Before the 10th doctor, anyway. They were kinda clingy together, IMHO. And Jackie? C'mon, the first one to slap a 900 year old timelord in his entire life? xD I liked Mickey, too, coward that he is.

Stardy
01-15-2008, 11:39 AM
Tom Baker as Doctor Who = FTMFW

Although the nineth was ok =/

Oxygen
01-15-2008, 06:17 PM
I like Tennant, but I guess Baker was good.

Also, for FFK, Rose does come back. I collect the comics, and it says it at the fron. It doesn't say how, though.

Dark Lightning
01-15-2008, 06:18 PM
So... Is anyone else here a bit of a scifi nerd? ^^; I have seen all sorts of star wars, star trek, and other sci-fi show fans, but I haven't met any pe2kers yet who like Torchwood or the new Doctor Who.
Are you kidding, FireflyK? My dad is ADDICTED to Who, and so am I. Cain't wait to series 4.

Lord Celebi
01-15-2008, 09:08 PM
You hated Rose? Why? She was a bit of a chav, but I thought she was cool. Before the 10th doctor, anyway. They were kinda clingy together, IMHO. And Jackie? C'mon, the first one to slap a 900 year old timelord in his entire life? xD I liked Mickey, too, coward that he is.

Piper is a terrible actor, IMO, and RTD makes her too 'Special' like "OMFG she wuz leik da furst companionzor! she <3 da dr!!!!1111" Honestly, she was one companion in a long line of like... 70 if you count the books and comics. IMO, she's nothing more than a footnote in the Doctor's history, and I am absolutely sick of people making her out to being more than she actually is. I was actually happy when Rose 'died,' but even then, they took like ten minutes to make her let go of the wall.

In conclusion, I hate change.

FireflyK
01-16-2008, 02:39 AM
I like Tennant, but I guess Baker was good.

Also, for FFK, Rose does come back. I collect the comics, and it says it at the fron. It doesn't say how, though.

Yayyy.

And Rust- At least she didn't just hang around needing to be rescued. =p Sure, she messed up, but some of the doctor's past companions were basically useless and cried in corners when they got in trouble. She had more spirit. xD For that matter, so does Jackie, and even if he's a total wimp, Mickey was an interesting character, too.

Lord Celebi
01-16-2008, 01:30 PM
Yayyy.

And Rust- At least she didn't just hang around needing to be rescued. =p Sure, she messed up, but some of the doctor's past companions were basically useless and cried in corners when they got in trouble. She had more spirit. xD For that matter, so does Jackie, and even if he's a total wimp, Mickey was an interesting character, too.

I never said she needed to hang around and be rescued, all companions do that. Its their job. I'm just saying Rose is made into something WAAAAY more special than she actually is.

FireflyK
01-16-2008, 04:12 PM
I never said she needed to hang around and be rescued, all companions do that. Its their job. I'm just saying Rose is made into something WAAAAY more special than she actually is.

She's special because she isn't like the other companions, who were rather stupid. =p

Lord Celebi
01-16-2008, 09:13 PM
She's special because she isn't like the other companions, who were rather stupid. =p

Romana was quite a lot smarter than Rose :P

The_Seventieth_Evil
01-18-2008, 05:19 AM
I don't know Torchwood yet, but I like Star Wars, Star Treks, Futurama, Babylon 5, StarGate SG-1, Transformers, Robotech, both Dr Who, Twilight Zone, Ray Bradbury Theater, used to watch Earth Two, Sliders, SeaQuest DSV, and My Secret Identity. I still get kinda creeped out by "BAD WOLF". Some dork has graffitoed it on this wall in an alley near my house in this spray that glows at night.

Lord Celebi
01-19-2008, 12:17 AM
I don't know Torchwood yet, but I like Star Wars, Star Treks, Futurama, Babylon 5, StarGate SG-1, Transformers, Robotech, both Dr Who, Twilight Zone, Ray Bradbury Theater, used to watch Earth Two, Sliders, SeaQuest DSV, and My Secret Identity. I still get kinda creeped out by "BAD WOLF". Some dork has graffitoed it on this wall in an alley near my house in this spray that glows at night.

LMFAO. Take some pictures, that's actually kind of funny.

Josh
01-19-2008, 10:11 AM
I hope RTD isn't going to be writing much in the next series. He should stick to Torchwood.

I wouldn't mind watching Torchwood... If the station that had picked it up hadn't screwed it up. Grrrr.

Khalid
01-19-2008, 10:17 AM
Well, i'm totally in love Torchwood and Doctor Who. They are both filmed in my country and sometimes in my school. Cardiff & Fitzalan High. I mentioned this before in the DCC thread...lol its a great Tv show for those who like aliens and that. and also for those who like gruesome stuff and drama.

Dark Lightning
01-19-2008, 10:43 AM
Well, i'm totally in love Torchwood and Doctor Who. They are both filmed in my country and sometimes in my school. Cardiff & Fitzalan High. I mentioned this before in the DCC thread...lol its a great Tv show for those who like aliens and that. and also for those who like gruesome stuff and drama.
I'm only allowed to watch the editied Torchwood. The adults' one I can't watch. You must be lucky living in Cardiff.
I like Doctor Who aswell, but sometimes it's not all that good, like the Voyage of the Damned christmas special (that was rubbish).

Khalid
01-19-2008, 10:56 AM
I'm only allowed to watch the editied Torchwood. The adults' one I can't watch. You must be lucky living in Cardiff.
I like Doctor Who aswell, but sometimes it's not all that good, like the Voyage of the Damned christmas special (that was rubbish).

WHAT! Cardiff is soo boring...trust me.

Yeah, i was disappointed by the Christmas Special. I wasn't what i'd expected...

if you get don't know already..this is a spoiler. hightlight the bottom if you wanna read.

Billie Piper [Rose Tyler] is coming back on Doctor Who for a three episode special. Also Martha is going to appear on Torchwood.

Dark Lightning
01-19-2008, 11:00 AM
WHAT! Cardiff is soo boring...trust me.

Yeah, i was disappointed by the Christmas Special. I wasn't what i'd expected...

if you get don't know already..this is a spoiler. hightlight the bottom if you wanna read.

Billie Piper [Rose Tyler] is coming back on Doctor Who for a three episode special. Also Martha is going to appear on Torchwood.
Oh, is it?
Btw, I know that spoiler, I have one aswell if anyone WANTS a spoiler...
Davros is coming back.

Khalid
01-19-2008, 11:05 AM
Oh, is it?
Btw, I know that spoiler, I have one aswell if anyone WANTS a spoiler...
Davros is coming back.

ohh is he? lol when .....:eh:

Dark Lightning
01-19-2008, 11:13 AM
ohh is he? lol when .....:eh:
In the finale.
And yeah, your spoiler is true.
Martha will come back for three eps in Torchwood and re-appear halfway through the 4th series. Donna Noble is also the companion.

Oxygen
01-19-2008, 11:25 AM
Yeah. Davros comes back

Series 4 will be immense!

Khalid
01-19-2008, 01:56 PM
it should be great.

Lord Celebi
01-20-2008, 05:43 AM
Davros is coming back.
Currently, that's unconfirmed. Trust me, I'd know, as I am a member of OutpostGallifrey, so I keep a tab on the rumors.

Oxygen
01-26-2008, 04:58 PM
I thought it was comfirmed...

I hope he does though.

Stubby Boardman
02-04-2008, 10:56 PM

dr who is a very great show does anyone know when the new season starts on sci-fi