PDA

View Full Version : Rate My Team

BobberyJo
01-15-2008, 05:43 AM
I think I'm lacking in walls, so I'm taking suggestions.
Please don't be too harsh, I'm a noob.

Garchomp-Adamant-Choice Scarf
Crunch
EQ
Stone Edge
Dragon Claw
357/388/203/154/205/301

Electivire-Adamant-Expert Belt
Thunder Punch
Ice Punch
Cross Chop
EQ
292/377/156/203/206/289

Umbreon-Bold-Leftovers
Mean Look
Toxic
Moonlight
Baton Pass
149/316/156/328/166

Salamence-Modest-Choice Specs
Draco Meteor
Dragon Pulse
Flamethrower
Hydro Pump
332/275/195/350/194/299

Infernape-Jolly-Expert Belt
Flare Blitz
Stone Edge
Close Combat
Swordsdance
291/307/176/203/178/346

Sixth Spot is Blank. I need recommendations.

Incandescent
01-15-2008, 11:44 AM
If you want a special wall, choose blissey.
If you want a physical wall, choose skarmory

WifiFX
01-15-2008, 10:22 PM
Gah, Overused. REALLY overused.
The downside to this team is that it's totally predictable. Everyone expects the umbreon, it's 50/50 on the Specsmence, and E-Vire is no longer a trick play.

I'd give it a 6/10. It's way to predictable. And I don't see why you need/will get a chance for swords dance on Infernape.

Leman
01-16-2008, 12:59 AM
The downside to this team is that it's totally predictable. Everyone expects the umbreon, it's 50/50 on the Specsmence, and E-Vire is no longer a trick play.

I'd give it a 6/10. It's way to predictable. And I don't see why you need/will get a chance for swords dance on Infernape.

Umbreon isn't predictable. =/ Nobody use it. And instead of stats post EVs. =/

pikachu25king
01-16-2008, 11:27 AM
I will give it a 7.5/10 it could be better.

XÍnaz
01-16-2008, 01:48 PM
Post EVs, not stats.

That could be one of the worst team rates I've heard... Why base the potential and skill of a team by their Tier? If you're playing against all other OU Pokémon, then why wouldn't you use OU yourself? Let me guess, you're one of the greatest players on the planet who can use UU Pokémon and crush every OU in your path... Fat chance. Sure, it is fine to be creative, but when most of the teams you meet on Shoddy consist of at least three BST 600 Pokémon, then you have to be able to compete with that.

EDIT: I stand corrected, this is the worst team rate I have ever seen:
I will give it a 7.5/10 it could be better.
TALK ABOUT THE TEAM! Don't just give a number rate, it doesn't help anyone at all. Besides, you probably shouldn't be giving advice to anyone...

Anyways, use Outrage > Dragon Claw, Loney Nature for Electivire + Thunderbolt > Thunderpunch + just make sure you have enough EVs to hit 270 Speed and put the rest into Special Attack, use Yawn > Toxic on Umbreon, and for the last slot I'd use a Calm Minding Suicune. That way, you can Mean Look someone with Umbreon, use Yawn, put them to sleep, and Baton Pass to Suicune. Then, it can set up a few Calm Minds, making it really hard to stop. Also, use Wish instead of Moonlight.

WifiFX
01-16-2008, 09:30 PM
1. I never dissed OU, and I certainly never claimed to even be slightly be good at pokemon. I simply mentioned Tiers and opinions.
2. Umbreon's tier IS OU http://www.smogon.com/dp/pokemon/umbreon, and everyone who's seen it's stats would expect this.

And, I'm suggesting, and not claiming to be anything that Garchomp could have Fire Fang for a little unpredictable type coverage.

shedinjask
01-16-2008, 09:53 PM
Umbreon is BL, not OU. And Fire Fang is standard on Garchomp; unexpected would be one without it.

Post EVs not stats.

parsol lady
01-16-2008, 11:56 PM
wow great team and for the sixth spot why not put a water pokemon in???

infamousb4l
01-19-2008, 04:59 AM
i didnt read the responses lol but most scarf chomps have outrage for late game sweeping ability :rolleyes:

Jer49
02-16-2008, 06:23 PM
I'l give it an 8/10. Could use a water pokemon, though.:cool:

Itachi_2007
02-16-2008, 07:33 PM
On Choice variants, Outrage is a must... Talking 'bout 'Chomp...

Spongebob Number One Fan
02-16-2008, 07:47 PM
wow, number rates are totally useless.

If Umbreon is your only form of walling then I wish you luck because you're going to need it. Umbreon dies to half the attackers that are commonly used.

BTW there's nothing wrong with using predictable standards. the whole point of choice sets is to OUTpredict people anyways.

But seriously 3 physical sweepers is total overkill. you only need one or two. Specsmence as your only special attacker isn't going to fly, especially when it has to switch in and out a lot and is weak to SR, and you have no rapid spinner.

Honestly an example of 5 pokemon that don't fit well together at all. Take out one of the 3 physical sweepers and put in a physical wall over it, and then a special wall in the last slot.

2wings
02-20-2008, 07:09 AM
I dont shoddy battle, i still have netbattle though. I think this team could use a water pokemon, an OHKO starmie maybe?

Spongebob Number One Fan
02-21-2008, 02:25 AM
Yeah this really could use a Bulky Water since the all-offense approach isn't really working out in all honesty.