01-19-2008, 08:05 PM
Flygon @ Leftovers
Jolly (+Spd, -SAtk)
252 Atk / 252 Spd / 6 HP
-Screech
-Earthquake
-U-Turn
-Stone Edge

Use Screech to get a powerful Earthquake, or cause the opponent to switch and take damage from a Spiker/Stealth Rocker. U-Turn is there for an instant switch. Stone Edge is there for Flying types.

What do you think? :happy:

ChthonicAustrian
01-19-2008, 08:09 PM
I can only work with the actual moves, considering I don't know jack about Flygon's stats.

~ Dragon Claw
~ Earthquake
~ U-Turn
~ Fire Blast

Fire Blast is a special attack, but it has high enough base power to get rid of Ice-type Pokemon, another possibility would be Draco Meteor over Dragon Claw, as well.

Fire Away
01-19-2008, 08:17 PM
I can only work with the actual moves, considering I don't know jack about Flygon's stats.

~ Dragon Claw
~ Earthquake
~ U-Turn
~ Fire Blast

Fire Blast is a special attack, but it has high enough base power to get rid of Ice-type Pokemon, another possibility would be Draco Meteor over Dragon Claw, as well.

Actually the main point of Fire Blast is to get rid of Skarmory and Bronzong, who resist Dragon and are immune to EQ. :]

Pokémon Breeder Shane
01-19-2008, 08:28 PM
Flygon @ Leftovers
Jolly (+Spd, -SAtk)
252 Atk / 252 Spd / 6 HP
Changes: Best/ Moderate/Worst
-Stealth Rock/Double Team/Rest w/ Chesto Berry
-Earthquake
-Toxic/Sandstorm/Supersonic
-Dragon Claw/Rock Slide/Rock Tomb

Use Screech to get a powerful Earthquake, or cause the opponent to switch and take damage from a Spiker/Stealth Rocker. U-Turn is there for an instant switch. Stone Edge is there for Flying types.

Changes are in bold
Reasons:
~Change Stone Edge to either Rock Slide or Dragon Claw, Rock Slide has more PP and Accuracy and only a little weaker. Or Change to Dragon Claw for a STAB against Dragon Opponents or you can use the worst of the 3 choices and use rock tomb which will lower speed, which is kind of pointless since Flygon already has high speed.

~Change U-turn to either Supersonic, Sandstorm, or Toxic, Supersonic to Deal Confuse Damage, Sandstorm to hit fairly decent damage, or Toxic to hit extremely hard after while.

~ Change Screech to either Stealth Rock Double Team or Rest. Steatlth Rock being the best, would help because it can hit the pokemon as they're sent out, and if combined with toxic can be deadly. Double Team would help to dodge hits. and rest with a chesto can help by healing flygon.

The changes are just my personal oppinion, but are pretty useful

Ultima Boss
01-19-2008, 11:53 PM
Fire Blast over Stone Edge is an option to cover the aforementioned Skarmory and Bronzong. Also take out 6 Attack EVs and place them on HP for minimum optimal recovery with Leftovers. Other than that, I like the Flygon; Screech + U-Turn is killer.

Gengar356
01-20-2008, 04:53 AM
Flygon @ Leftovers
Jolly (+Spd, -SAtk)
252 Atk / 252 Spd / 6 HP
-Screech
-Earthquake
-U-Turn
-Stone Edge

I think the stats of this Flygon is very good. All you need to do is change the attacks and items around a bit. If your going to have a jolly nature I suggest you replace screech with dragonclaw and change the item to choice band, since you basically would have all physical attacks.

OR

You can change the item to life orb and change screech to roost, since it cannot be hit by ground attacks because of levitate.

dawka
01-28-2008, 12:10 PM
Flygon isnt great with attack or defence, hes more of an average dragon, but you could use him to set up on people, let me explain.

Flygon @ Choice Scarf
Naughty ? 252 Atk, 120 SpAtk, 136 Speed
Levitate
~ Draco Meteor
~ Earthquake
~ Fire Blast / Stone Edge
~ U-Turn

Speed EVs set it at 270 (405), which is enough to outspeed Adamant Heracross @ Choice Scarf. Draco Meteor OHKOs 4 HP/min SpDef Salamence and OHKOs Garchomp 59% of the time. Fire Blast can hit Skarmory and Bronzong. Stone Edge can OHKO 4 HP/min Def Weavile 52% of the time. Also, Stone Edge hits Gyarados pretty hard, even though Draco Meteor hits it harder. Still, Stone Edge can critical them to death. U-Turn coupled with Flygon's speed makes a great opening move as a starter. You will most likely move first, so you can damage them a bit and scout for switches and go to your counter immediately. If you go with Fire Blast, there is a 9% chance that you can hit Weavile leads hard enough with U-Turn that they can be KOed by Stealth Rock the next time they come in.

Flygon @ Choice Band
Jolly ? 80 HP, 252 Atk, 176 Speed
Levitate
~ Earthquake
~ Dragon Claw / Stone Edge
~ Dragon Claw / Stone Edge / Fire Punch / U-Turn
~ Fire Punch / U-Turn / Quick Attack

Simple Choice Band set with powerful physical moves. Dragon Claw, Stone Edge, and Fire Punch provide good coverage while U-Turn can scout. Speed EVs set it at 308 to outspeed Adamant Garchomp and Jolly Lucario.

Flygon @ Choice Specs
Timid ? 80 HP, 252 SpAtk, 176 Speed
Modest ? 4 HP, 252 SpAtk, 252 Speed
Levitate
~ Draco Meteor
~ Dragon Pulse / U-Turn
~ Earth Power
~ Flamethrower

Simple Choice Specs set with powerful special moves. Despite Flygon's average base 80 Special Attack, Draco Meteor makes this set viable. It plays a lot like Salamence. The only difference is STABed Earth Power. Draco Meteor forces you to switch out after you use it since it reduces your Special Attack by 2 stages so you use it to hit opponents hard early game while Dragon Pulse allows you to sweep late game since it doesn't lower your Special Attack. U-Turn is a great move for when they catch on that your Flygon uses Special Attacks. You can scout switchs to Blissey or Cresselia, etc and spring to a Pok?mon like Tyranitar to set up and wreak havoc.

Flygon @ Life Orb
Na?ve ? 252 Atk, 80 SpAtk, 176 Speed
Levitate
~ Draco Meteor / Dragon Claw / Stone Edge / U-Turn / Roost
~ Draco Meteor / Dragon Claw / Stone Edge / U-Turn / Roost
~ Earthquake
~ Fire Blast

Mixed Attacker with Life Orb and customizable moveset for your team needs. With Life Orb, Flygon can now OHKO the Garchomp it couldn't before in the Choice Scarf set. This set can hit hard from both physical and special moves and allows you to try to get through specialized walls. It can work as a late game sweeper or a set up to weaken Pok?mon that wall your main sweeper. Remember, U-Turn or Roost is pretty much the only reason you would use Flygon over Salamence or Garchomp.

Flygon @ Leftovers
Adamant ? 252 HP, 136 Atk, 32 Speed, 88 Def
Adamant ? 252 HP, 136 Atk, 32 Speed, 88 SpDef
Naughty ? 252 HP, 136 Atk, 32 Speed, 88 Def
Lonely ? 252 HP, 136 Atk, 32 Speed, 88 SpDef
Levitate
~ Dragon Claw / Stone Edge / Fire Punch / U-Turn
~ Earthquake
~ Screech / Fire Blast
~ Substitute / Roost

Bulky Flygon. Speed is 244, which outpaces Jolly Tyranitar. Substitute allows you to see what your opponent will do and you can attack accordingly. Screech can cause a lot of switching and if set up with Spikes and Stealth Rock, Flygon can really mess up your opponent's team. U-Turn can scout switches and should work well switch Screech, even though it causes bad coverage. Fire Blast is for Skarmory so you have to use a Def or SpDef lowering nature to attempt to 2HKO it if you chose Fire Blast. Regarding the spreads, 88 Def allows the Substitute to survive Adamant Tyranitar's Rock Slide, while 88 SpDef allows the Substitute to survive Timid Raikou's Hidden Power Grass and Jolly Tyranitar's Rock Slide. Personally, I prefer the Defense EVs since it simply allows Flygon to switch in on Stone Edges better. But if you really need a counter to electric Pok?mon, Flygon can do that as well.

Flygon @ Salac Berry
Na?ve ? 252 Atk, 80 SpAtk, 176 Speed
Naughty ? 252 Atk, 4 SpAtk, 252 Speed
Adamant ? 252 Atk, 4 Def, 252 Speed
Levitate
~ Flail
~ Substitute / Endure
~ Earthquake / Fire Blast / Crunch / Quick Attack
~ Earthquake / Fire Blast / Crunch / Quick Attack

Simply Substitute down and activate Salac Berry to sweep with Flail. This could work well since Flygon is immune to Spikes and Sandstorm but Flygon just lacks the raw power to sweep like this. Just so you know, Flail's maximum base power is 200. Earthquake for Rocks and Steels, Fire Blast for floating Steels, Crunch for Ghosts and Quick Attack hits other Pok?mon before they nail you with their own priority move.

use any of these and youve got a half decent Flygon, but none of them are half as good as Garchomp. but i think its clear to say that flygon looks a whole lot better!!

Flygon Ruler
01-29-2008, 01:22 AM
Flygon @ Leftovers
Jolly (+Spd, -SAtk)
252 Atk / 252 Spd / 6 HP
-Screech
-Earthquake
-U-Turn
-Stone Edge

flygon is a mini garchomp that is immune to ground moves. Roost is also a nice addition that it gets. Try:

Flygon@Lefties
Jolly/Adamant
~Dragon Claw
~Screech
~Roost/U-Turn
~Draco Meteor/Fire Blast

Dragon Claw is a must. Screech is a nice bonus. Roost for recovery or U-turn to get the hell out of the battle. Draco meteor provides a nice special attack and Fire Blast is for the likes of Bronzong and Skarmory who are still a threat since Flygon is BL.

dawka
01-29-2008, 09:48 AM
flygon is a mini garchomp that is immune to ground moves. Roost is also a nice addition that it gets. Try:

Flygon@Lefties
Jolly/Adamant
~Dragon Claw
~Screech
~Roost/U-Turn
~Draco Meteor/Fire Blast

Dragon Claw is a must. Screech is a nice bonus. Roost for recovery or U-turn to get the hell out of the battle. Draco meteor provides a nice special attack and Fire Blast is for the likes of Bronzong and Skarmory who are still a threat since Flygon is BL.
but roost will nulify the whole levitate thing! especialy because they will be expecting a roost, plus it wont survive enough hits to use rest, it will be KO in 2 hits or less!

Fire Away
01-29-2008, 09:51 AM
but roost will nulify the whole levitate thing! especialy because they will be expecting a roost, plus it wont survive enough hits to use rest, it will be KO in 2 hits or less!

Actually, Levitate is the whole reason to use Roost, since it won't make him vulnerable to ground attacks.

dawka
01-29-2008, 11:11 AM
no it will, the whole point of roost is that it lands, it stops the ability levitate for tat one turn, if you want to use roost sucessfully make you flygon slow, put no EV's in speed or make it hold a slow weighty item, (lagging tail, iron ball ect.)
however i may be wrong on the levatate front, i know that ground attacks hurt a roosting skarmory, im pretty sure that it works the same for levatate as well.

Fire Away
01-29-2008, 11:12 AM
no it will, the whole point of roost is that it lands, it stops the ability levitate for tat one turn, if you want to use roost sucessfully make you flygon slow, put no EV's in speed or make it hold a slow weighty item, (lagging tail, iron ball ect.)
however i may be wrong on the levatate front, i know that ground attacks hurt a roosting skarmory, im pretty sure that it works the same for levatate as well.

No...Levitate still works when you Roost.

I've used Roost Flygon before. I know this. :/

Darkwaters
02-02-2008, 09:25 PM
Thanks everyone!
I got another question though, I have a Stealth Rocker on my team and I would like to know if this Flygon should have Screech to support the Stealth Rock damage or U-Turn for scouting and switching purposes.
In the first moveset I came up with I was trying to somehow fit both Screch and U-Turn in there. If anyone has any suggestions on a good moveset with both of those moves in it I would love to see it.