PDA

View Full Version : New Idea for an Arcanine

ParadoxiticO
01-19-2008, 09:31 PM
Until Game freak decides to give arcanine dragon dance and volt tackle arcanine will remain in the BL category while some times seeing him with a choice scarf. Even with the choice scarf he will still be bullied by the likes of tyranitar.

So here is a possible arcanine move set to deal with some of the more defensive counters arcanine has.

Adamant nature
Leftovers/Liechi Berry
252 atk, 252 speed, 6 HP

Substitute
Agility
Flare Blitz
Reversal

Substitute is there so you can get in an agility and wear down your hp until you get decent power out of reversal and activate the liechi berry. Endure could also work but with as many people with hippowdon and tyranitar on there teams your strategy is pretty much boned.

Leman
01-19-2008, 09:36 PM
I'd run Leichi/Salac on this guy. Other wise it works fine. Watch out for bulky waters though. Slowbro/Bulky Starmie especially. Bulky Starmie even more so, as it can can Surf you before you get a sub up. DD Gyara hurts this as well, as it sees this set as a free set up option.

ParadoxiticO
01-19-2008, 09:41 PM
I'd run Leichi/Salac on this guy. Other wise it works fine. Watch out for bulky waters though. Slowbro/Bulky Starmie especially. Bulky Starmie even more so, as it can can Surf you before you get a sub up. DD Gyara hurts this as well, as it sees this set as a free set up option.
This is true Bulky Waters will absolutely rape this move set but it's not like they didn't before. Thunder fang did very little damage most bulky waters and did nothing to Swampert. You'd want to make sure that your opponents bulky water pokemon was out of the way first.

XÍnaz
01-19-2008, 11:31 PM
Until Game freak decides to give arcanine dragon dance and volt tackle arcanine will remain in the BL category while some times seeing him with a choice scarf. Even with the choice scarf he will still be bullied by the likes of tyranitar.

So here is a possible arcanine move set to deal with some of the more defensive counters arcanine has.

Adamant nature
Leftovers/Liechi Berry
252 atk, 252 speed, 6 HP

Substitute
Agility
Flare Blitz
Reversal

Substitute is there so you can get in an agility and wear down your hp until you get decent power out of reversal and activate the liechi berry. Endure could also work but with as many people with hippowdon and tyranitar on there teams your strategy is pretty much boned.

I wouldn't use Agility. Arcanine has better things to do with its time. If you want speed, why not use Extreme Speed? I don't see this being very viable in OU play as you will find yourself in a Sand Storm in 1 out of every 3 battles. But in lower tiers, this will do great.

Ultima Boss
01-20-2008, 12:51 AM
If you had bothered to browse the first page of this board then you would have noticed that Arcanine (http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/forum/showthread.php?t=74393) was already discussed; your's, unfortunately, is not so unique to make your thread for.

To prevent this from further digging in its own grave, I am going to seal this with a concrete lock.