PDA

View Full Version : The Official Pe2k Invitational V.1

Shinies
01-20-2008, 04:57 PM
http://i222.photobucket.com/albums/dd8/Nbafan1012/Pe2kInvitational.png

Welcome one and all to the Pe2k Invitational! The Pe2k Invitational has been approved by rust and has allowed me to run it. Sometime every month I shall be sending Invitations(through PMs) to the top notch battlers in the battling center. There will be only 16 invitations sent per month and the top notch battlers chosen will be who I thought is the best of the Battling center. The battlers chosen first does not mean that they are the best in the battling center, as I see everyone in this tourney as top notch battlers!

Invitation
"Why hello there *enter name here*, you have been invited to participate in the Pe2k Invitational because of your battling skills! The invitational will consist of 16 top notch battlers and will last 3 rounds. The battler that comes out victorious will have the honor of being the top notch battler of the Invitational until the next Invitational. Please read the battling rules on the first post and follow the Pe2k rules when posting on the thread.If you accept this invitation please PM me with your answer."
^Please do not try to get yourself in the tournament by saying you got an invitation as I know who I sent Invitations too.^

Rules
-Do not spam in this thread and stay on topic at all times.-
-Use correct grammar and spelling at all times.-
-Do not suggest yourself into getting in the tournament.-
-If there are any issues I will contact a mod to care of it-

Battling Rules
-6vs6-
-Sleep Clause-
-OHKO Clause
-Evasion Clause-
-Species Clause-
-Max of 3 legends per team-
-No hacks allowed-
-No Ubers allowed-

^If any battling rules are broken during a battle it will result in a disqualification.^

Top Notch battlers
-zukirin-
-fullmetal-
-RonRaygunX3-
-KageryuEX-
-brettmeeink-
-Mudkipz-
-Dud3-
-NinjaDuelist-
-Dark_Azelf-
-darkestmaster-
-Xênaz-
-SaviorSephiroth-
-ShiniesRule1012-
-Trainer of Shadows-
-donal mc intyre-
-bigboy-

Match Ups
fullmetal vs Dark Azelf

bigboy vs Brettmeeink

darkestmaster vs SaviorSephiroth

Trainer of Shadows vs zukirin

donal mc intyre vs KageryuEX

Mudkipz vs ShiniesRule1012

NinjaDuelist vs Dud3

Xênaz vs RonRaygunX3

Credit to Marriland for the idea!

Shinies
01-20-2008, 04:57 PM
reserved

wildfire1313
01-20-2008, 05:00 PM
Nice idea, good luck with it, although it should be restricted to just one legend.

Shinies
01-20-2008, 05:01 PM
Nice idea, good luck with it, although it should be restricted to just one legend.
Thanks, and I have to fix that. :O

Lord Celebi
01-20-2008, 05:06 PM
Why even put it at one legend? If they're top notch, they shouldn't even NEED legends.

*Pinned*

Shinies
01-20-2008, 05:09 PM
Why even put it at one legend? If they're top notch, they shouldn't even NEED legends.

*Pinned*
Well it also depends on the legend as some legends are OU and some are BL and others are below that. :O

*Update*
I will be sending invitations already to the top notch battlers.

NinjaDuelist
01-20-2008, 05:44 PM
Very good idea, Shinies! I can't wait to see who is among the top in the invitationals. ^_^

Shinies
01-20-2008, 05:56 PM
Very good idea, Shinies! I can't wait to see who is among the top in the invitationals. ^_^
Thanks, but I got the idea from Marriland.

Six invitations have been sent!

NinjaDuelist
01-20-2008, 06:29 PM
Thanks, but I got the idea from Marriland.

Six invitations have been sent!

But I will say that your presentation is good. Are there any prizes or trophies for the winners? :eh:

Shinies
01-20-2008, 06:31 PM
But I will say that your presentation is good. Are there any prizes or trophies for the winners? :eh:
Well I was thinking of giving out some prizes but I have to check my PC first.

fullmetal
01-20-2008, 06:32 PM
I'm glad to be participating in this ^^ Good luck dealing with the people being jealous that they aren't in it :P

Shinies
01-20-2008, 06:57 PM
I'm glad to be participating in this ^^ Good luck dealing with the people being jealous that they aren't in it :P
Good luck in your battles!

Four members have accepted their invites!

KageryuEX
01-20-2008, 07:09 PM
Thanks for inviting me to this Shinies,I'll do my best to live up to your expectations :O

brettmeeink
01-20-2008, 07:16 PM

*Pinned*
This shows how little you know about battling. Banning legends is so god dammn lame, why can we not use more then 1 legend? If you ban legends please also ban: tyranitar, garchomp, metagross, and salamence too. That will make it fair. I accept I guess, but banning legends is going to seriously cripple my team, and is totally lame and unfair. How can a base stat total poke of 580 be banned, but a 650 base stat total (tyranitar) be allowed? Hmm doesn't make sense, plus add in the fact that you can't breed almost all legends, so their goes great ivs, and no egg moves, that already limits them a ton. Don't be ignorant, allow legends.

Jackuar Link
01-20-2008, 07:19 PM
This shows how little you know about battling. Banning legends is so god dammn lame, why can we not use more then 1 legend? If you ban legends please also ban: tyranitar, garchomp, metagross, and salamence too. That will make it fair. I accept I guess, but banning legends is going to seriously cripple my team, and is totally lame and unfair. How can a base stat total poke of 580 be banned, but a 650 base stat total (tyranitar) be allowed? Hmm doesn't make sense, plus add in the fact that you can't breed almost all legends, so their goes great ivs, and no egg moves, that already limits them a ton. Don't be ignorant, allow legends.
Agreed, if legends are banned, ban all normal pokemon with stat totals of 600+.

RonRaygunX3
01-20-2008, 07:19 PM
I completely agree with that. Legends aren't overly powerful, ubers are. They are just like any other Pokemon of their tiers except they are given the name "legend".

And Shinies, I think this is an awesome tourney idea and I'm glad to participate and stuff. Should be pretty interesting with all the " top-notch battlers".

brettmeeink
01-20-2008, 07:22 PM
Thanks for the support guys. http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/forum/showthread.php?t=63959 For anyone who disagrees, here's more proof.

Lord Celebi
01-20-2008, 07:43 PM
Wow, was that necessary to question my knowledge of battling? I'm aware I am not on the competitive scene, but I've been playing Pokemon since the beginning, and all I've seen with people who use legends is n00bs who are too lazy to train their Pokemon from a low level, and as such, I think less of people who use solely legends.

However, I do understand that the people who win the Pokemon tournaments every year have five of their six Pokemon legends :P Its not my tournament though, so its not my decision to make.

pikachu25king
01-20-2008, 10:02 PM
Great idea that you would think of something like this.

Shinies
01-20-2008, 10:48 PM
Wow, was that necessary to question my knowledge of battling? I'm aware I am not on the competitive scene, but I've been playing Pokemon since the beginning, and all I've seen with people who use legends is n00bs who are too lazy to train their Pokemon from a low level, and as such, I think less of people who use solely legends.

However, I do understand that the people who win the Pokemon tournaments every year have five of their six Pokemon legends :P Its not my tournament though, so its not my decision to make.
Well in D/P its changed a lot with the whole Legends look and it also depends on which legend because some legends fail because of their move pools

I will allow the max of 3 legends per team.

Mudkipz
01-20-2008, 11:13 PM
I accept. I need a legend though, so you guys just shut up, brett is right

I plan to place well in this =\

Shinies
01-20-2008, 11:15 PM
I accept. I need a legend though, so you guys just shut up, brett is right

I plan to place well in this =\
Alright, I have added you in and the max of legends per team is 3.

ronjocox
01-21-2008, 03:10 AM
Why ban Blissey/Skarmory/Cress? If you have a counter to it, (TyranBoah with Crunch kills all of them) the combo is really easy to break.

I bet no one is gonna listen but meh. :P

(I don't use them BTW)

Shinies
01-21-2008, 03:19 AM
Why ban Blissey/Skarmory/Cress? If you have a counter to it, (TyranBoah with Crunch kills all of them) the combo is really easy to break.

(I don't use them BTW)
I didn't ban them I just banned using all three together or two of them together.

You can still use one of them though.

NinjaDuelist
01-21-2008, 03:20 AM

(I don't use them BTW)

What? Sorry, I wasn't listening. :razz:

For real, though, I do agree with you.

Shinies
01-21-2008, 05:58 PM
What? Sorry, I wasn't listening. :razz:

For real, though, I do agree with you.
I banned using more then 2 of those only.You can still use one of them in a team.

Top notch battlers don't rely on Skarm/Bliss or all 3 together which is why I banned having 2 in one team.

darkestmaster
01-22-2008, 10:58 PM

(I don't use them BTW)

I agree. I think the reason using 2 or 3 of them together is banned is because many teams have trouble countering it. But that just means the team has a flaw. I think players should figure out a way to counter it instead of banning it.
There are many other combos that are as good as skarm/bliss/cress. Even though each of those strong combos is used in different ways, why should one be banned and another not? If you're going to ban skarm/bliss/cress then it would only make sense to ban every other good combo.

ronjocox
01-22-2008, 11:02 PM
Also, if they are top notch, they should be able to counter it.

Shinies
01-23-2008, 01:00 AM
Also, if they are top notch, they should be able to counter it.
I'll hold a vote to see if they should get banned or not.

brettmeeink
01-23-2008, 01:36 AM
I'll hold a vote to see if they should get banned or not.
Let em use cress/bliss/skarm anyone decent should have counter for them anyways.

XÍnaz
01-23-2008, 03:43 AM
I'm in. Thanks for the invite, I feel honored to be here after not being on these forums for too long. Thanks man.

Good luck to everyone here. By looking at the names, I recognize a lot of great battlers. Let's see if I can make a name for myself here at PE2K...

Shinies
01-23-2008, 04:04 AM
I'm in. Thanks for the invite, I feel honored to be here after not being on these forums for too long. Thanks man.

Good luck to everyone here. By looking at the names, I recognize a lot of great battlers. Let's see if I can make a name for myself here at PE2K...
I've heard from a couple of people you were a great battler! ^_^

Good Luck in the tournament!

NinjaDuelist
01-23-2008, 04:07 AM
I don't care if people result to Skarmbliss and Cresselia. I have more interesting choices for walls myself.

Shinies
01-23-2008, 04:09 AM
I don't care if people result to Skarmbliss and Cresselia. I have more interesting choices for walls myself.
*Update*

Skarm/Bliss/Cress are now legal! You guys may use them all in battle!

NinjaDuelist
01-23-2008, 04:11 AM
*Update*

Skarm/Bliss/Cress are now legal! You guys may use them all in battle!

Thanks for keeping us posted, Shinies.

SaviorSephiroth
01-23-2008, 04:14 AM
Im honoured to join ShiniesRule1012, thank you.

After 62 wins consecutives in wi-fi ,Im here. Im happy.

Good luck for all battlers.

~Savior

Shinies
01-23-2008, 04:18 AM
Im honoured to join ShiniesRule1012, thank you.

After 62 wins consecutives in wi-fi ,Im here. Im happy.

Good luck for all battlers.

~Savior
No problemo, you deserve it with all those wins! :eek:

Good luck during the tourney!

NinjaDuelist
01-23-2008, 04:20 AM
Hey Shinies, I was thinking...

Seeing as the 16 of us will be "elite" in a way, perhaps we could all have personalized banners? Also, I propose that the day before we battle, we formally wish each other luck on this thread. Your response?

brettmeeink
01-23-2008, 04:22 AM
Shinies, I demand you enter this tourney, idc if you are hosting it.

Shinies
01-23-2008, 04:23 AM
Hey Shinies, I was thinking...

Seeing as the 16 of us will be "elite" in a way, perhaps we could all have personalized banners? Also, I propose that the day before we battle, we formally wish each other luck on this thread. Your response?
Maybe have user bars showing what place you got in?

Yeah I think wishing each other good luck shows good sportsmanship and is a great idea.(Maybe through pms though)

NinjaDuelist
01-23-2008, 04:25 AM
Maybe have user bars showing what place you got in?

Yeah I think wishing each other good luck shows good sportsmanship and is a great idea.(Maybe through pms though)

Also, one more thing...

I recommend that the 16 of us go to war against another forum site. We haven't done it in a while, and I think we could use a little excitement above the Clan Wars.

brettmeeink
01-23-2008, 04:27 AM
Also, one more thing...

I recommend that the 16 of us go to war against another forum site. We haven't done it in a while, and I think we could use a little excitement above the Clan Wars.
Nice idea I'm all for it but, we should save that for another time after this tourney.

SaviorSephiroth
Also, one more thing...

PE2K Top-Notch Battlers Vs. Marriland Best Battlers

Sounds great...

Shinies
Also, one more thing...

Lets take this through pms ND as it is leading a bit off topic. :O

@ Brett: I might get in.

Vincent_Valentine_4
01-23-2008, 10:51 AM
I beat FullMetal so if you're still looking for some top battlers I'm pretty darn good myself and I'll battle anyone to prove it.

Trainer of Shadows
01-23-2008, 11:57 AM
Nice idea I'm all for it but, we should save that for another time after this tourney.

Thanks for the invite Shinies. I accept, of course. (I PMed you too.)

I agree with Brett, I still need to make a brand new team for this, let alone
a forum war.

I'm so pumped for this tourny though!

~ToS~

wildfire1313
01-23-2008, 04:37 PM
I beat FullMetal so if you're still looking for some top battlers I'm pretty darn good myself and I'll battle anyone to prove it.

Well thats blowing your own trumpet, just let shinies decide it himself.

brettmeeink
01-23-2008, 07:17 PM
Oh wow want a trophy for beating someone? Being decent doesn't make up for a crappy attitude.

bigboy
01-23-2008, 11:29 PM
I know I shouldn't be talking here, but I feel a debate coming.

Did you didn't realize the name of the tourney is invitational. Meaning you have to be invited to be in it. So asking not gonna help. Unless for some reason shinies let's you through.

And many of those guys have faced defeats. That doesn't by beating one you get in. And everyone loses.

Shinies
01-24-2008, 12:28 AM
I know I shouldn't be talking here, but I feel a debate coming.

Did you didn't realize the name of the tourney is invitational. Meaning you have to be invited to be in it. So asking not gonna help. Unless for some reason shinies let's you through.

And many of those guys have faced defeats. That doesn't by beating one you get in. And everyone loses.

As I feel a little something coming....lets step away from the flame war.

I shall get your name updated James. :O

Vincent_Valentine_4
01-24-2008, 10:13 PM
All right sorry I have nothing more to say I know everyone loses I'm just interested in this thing but I understand that I have to earn my spot.

bigboy
01-26-2008, 12:05 AM
Thanks shinies, I will accept. It's a good way to join some of my old mates from other clans.

Big in the House, party can begin.

Shinies
01-26-2008, 12:08 AM
Thanks shinies, I will accept. It's a good way to join some of my old mates from other clans.

Big in the House, party can begin.
Now the party can begin with you in the tourney bigboy!

Good luck to all in the Invitational and I will post the match ups later as I have to go! :O

NinjaDuelist
01-26-2008, 03:19 AM
Yay, we have our 16! Now, which team should I use... :tongue:

Shinies
01-26-2008, 07:49 PM
Yay, we have our 16! Now, which team should I use... :tongue:
The match ups are in everybody!

Good luck to all in the tourney!

stone_cold
01-26-2008, 09:46 PM
Why is Brett participating, hes garbage.

RonRaygunX3
01-26-2008, 10:08 PM
You can refrain from posting here with that kind of attitude.

This tourney is invitational and clearly Brettmeeink is a good battler since he was invited here in the first place.

Trainer of Shadows
01-26-2008, 11:01 PM

If you are kidding > Ha. Not funny.

If you are not kidding > Brett is a beast. Go away.

~ToS~

Shinies
01-26-2008, 11:04 PM
If you are kidding > Ha. Not funny.

If you are not kidding > Brett is a beast. Go away.

~ToS~
Lets cut down on the spam, dudes!

Please pm your opponents to do your matches!

darkestmaster
01-27-2008, 02:41 AM
I won my battle against SaviorSephiroth.

Shinies
01-27-2008, 03:51 AM
I won my battle against SaviorSephiroth.
Alright I will get that updated darkestmaster!

brettmeeink
01-27-2008, 06:25 AM
Stone's just goofin guys, we are buddies and he is a great battler who could probably beat most here.

MotoRazr
01-27-2008, 06:45 AM
Stone's just goofin guys, we are buddies and he is a great battler who could probably beat most here.

i love the reactions to these things

Exon Auxus
01-28-2008, 02:58 AM
Hey Shinies. I just wanted to let you know, that if the winners are interested, they will be used in Pe2k's Forum War as tryout battlers and players. Only if they are interested. I don't want to rush, but we need 'em as soon as possible in order to begin tryouts. So once you have your top three battlers, please PM me so that we can get this Forum War started! ^^

brettmeeink
01-28-2008, 03:54 AM
Hey Shinies. I just wanted to let you know, that if the winners are interested, they will be used in Pe2k's Forum War as tryout battlers and players. Only if they are interested. I don't want to rush, but we need 'em as soon as possible in order to begin tryouts. So once you have your top three battlers, please PM me so that we can get this Forum War started! ^^
We might as well just decide who the top three are and let them handle try-outs it'll take too long to wait for the tourney.

Shinies
02-01-2008, 01:17 AM
I sure will!

Come on guys!This is taking a bit long, so lets speed things up!

KageryuEX
02-02-2008, 05:21 PM
I won my battle against donal!
Very good and close game =D

NinjaDuelist
02-02-2008, 05:23 PM
Dud3 and I haven't been on at the same time recently, so we haven't had the chance to battle yet.

Shinies
02-02-2008, 05:31 PM
Dud3 and I haven't been on at the same time recently, so we haven't had the chance to battle yet.
I will update that now Kage.

I'll remind dud3 about yours and his battle.

wildfire1313
02-02-2008, 05:34 PM
I really shouldn't have battled the day I got back, but never mind, good luck in the next round Kagy.

NinjaDuelist
02-02-2008, 05:34 PM
I will update that now Kage.

I'll remind dud3 about yours and his battle.

Thank you, and I will send him another PM reguarding the situation as well.

dud3
02-02-2008, 07:21 PM
I beat ND. It was a very close game. Good Game.

Shinies
02-02-2008, 07:22 PM
Alright, I will get that updated.

NinjaDuelist
02-02-2008, 07:22 PM

Good game. T_T

It was really close, too. Your last Pokemon was at about 30% of its HP. >.<

dud3
02-02-2008, 07:26 PM
Lol yeah I was hoping it wasn't gonna get frozen. ALso if you did Brick Break instead of Punch you could have won.

brettmeeink
02-03-2008, 09:35 PM
I beat bigboy 4-0, very good game.

Shinies
02-04-2008, 04:12 AM
I beat bigboy 4-0, very good game.
I shall get that updated now.

brettmeeink
02-13-2008, 02:38 AM
We need a deadline...

zukirin
02-28-2008, 08:00 PM
IS this still in effect? If so then I just beat ToS.

Shinies
02-28-2008, 11:28 PM
Unfortunately it took very long for everyone to do their battles but I'll say yeah its still going on...

Everyone that did their battles will go on and advance...