PDA

View Full Version : Shocking Death

Drift
01-22-2008, 09:13 PM
Wasn't sure where to put this, so move this if ya need to mods.

Heath Ledger just died. The news broke about 20 minutes ago, so there's not many details.
Here's a link to the article if anyone is interested: http://www.boston.com/news/nation/articles/2008/01/22/nypd_actor_heath_ledger_found_dead_in_nyc_building/

I was pretty shocked. My mom is real upset.
Apparently the cops think it's drug related, but noone's sure yet.

http://i25.tinypic.com/34q2rd3.jpg

R.I.P Heathy ~

Dragon_Master
01-22-2008, 09:53 PM
I'm probobably gonna get yelled at for this but, who's Heath Ledger?

DaRkUmBrEoN
01-22-2008, 09:55 PM
Moving this along to Other:Entertainment, since the guy was an actor.
Talk about distasteful irony.

Oh, and I heard he played in Brokeback Mountain.

-]DU with a truck[-

Orthar
01-22-2008, 09:56 PM
I'm probobably gonna get yelled at for this but, who's Heath Ledger?
...I'm not even going to bother...

I was shocked when I found out about this. It's been reported that he was found in Mary-Kate Olsen's appartment. I can almost guerentee that it's drug related, but god damn he was a great actor.

RIP Heath Ledger, I'll be looking forward to seeing you in The Dark Knight.

Matt
01-22-2008, 09:57 PM
Oh I just put one of these in the entertainment board, I did not realize it was here as well. It took me by surprise, he's a good actor. It's not wholly upsetting, but it's definitely shocking.

TheEvilDookie
01-22-2008, 10:00 PM
*Gasp!* I wonder if they're gonna show the new Batman move, The Dark Knight with him dead now.

spartan117
01-22-2008, 10:04 PM
*Gasp!* I wonder if they're gonna show the new Batman move, The Dark Knight with him dead now.
Ya they're still gonna show it but what about the next sequel? I really didnt see this coming...

Blue-
01-22-2008, 10:09 PM
To tell you the truth, I didn't know who Heath Ledger was until just a few minutes ago.

But he was an amazing actor, and even if it was suicide or drug related, he should rest in peace.

DaRkUmBrEoN
01-22-2008, 10:12 PM
According to IMDB, The Dark Knight is now in post-production.

Post-production occurs in the making of audio recordings, films/movies, photography and digital art, videos and television programs. It is the general term for all stages of production occurring after the actual recording and ending with the completed work.

They've finished the recording, and they're just editing it to look good. The movie should come out without having to record every scene with him anew.

-]DU[-

Drift
01-22-2008, 10:54 PM
For those who don't know, Heath Ledger was in Brokeback Mountain.
Don't make fun of it, be mature. I heard it was really good, even though I haven't seen it.

I was looking forward to him playing the Joker in the new BM movie.

I also heard a rumor about his death. They think the sleeping pills he took gave him a heart attack. I doubt it. I'm sure it was a drug overdose, but he seemed like such a cool guy. If that's what it is, that's shocking. He was so young... :S

Veos
01-22-2008, 10:58 PM
Too bad a talented actor such as him had to die to a drug related overdose really.

He was a great actor in the movie A Knight's Tale and Brokeback, such a pity :sad:

RonRaygunX3
01-22-2008, 11:00 PM
No! Not Heath Ledger! That guy was super cool plus great actor.

R.I.P.

Drift
01-22-2008, 11:02 PM
No! Not Heath Ledger! That guy was super cool plus great actor.

R.I.P.

Yeah. :neutral: I was talking to my friend and randomly she goes "HEATH LEDGER DIED." And I was just sort of :O I told my mom and she was on the verge of tears... He was a real kick butt actor, really. It's really upsetting.

SiberianTiger
01-22-2008, 11:08 PM
May sound rude but when I first heard the news I was like "What about Batman?!?" but I later learned that should be fine. About Ledger himself, well, he was good in "Patriot" it's too bad.

~Isaiah

Spectacular14
01-22-2008, 11:28 PM
I don't believe it, it's kinda shockin u no, i mean who cares about the dumb Batman Movie, u guys make me sick:)

Spectacular14-GlamorChick20

Seawolf
01-22-2008, 11:39 PM
It was an overdose. =/ (http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/22788914/?GT1=10755)

It's a shame that someone so young is dead. I didn't know him personally or anything, but I thought he was a good actor, and this is just depressing news. Rest in peace, Heath.

Llama Commando
01-22-2008, 11:49 PM
It was an overdose. =/

It's a shame that someone so young is dead. I didn't know him personally or anything, but I thought he was a good actor, and this is just depressing news. Rest in peace, Heath. Man! Why can't we just all learn from Elvis? :dazed: I really was unfamiliar with him and any movies he'd been in, but it's always sad to see someone die, especially in an accident. My prayers to his family.

~Commando~

Drift
01-23-2008, 12:04 AM
It was an overdose. =/ (http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/22788914/?GT1=10755)

It's a shame that someone so young is dead. I didn't know him personally or anything, but I thought he was a good actor, and this is just depressing news. Rest in peace, Heath.

“We are investigating the possibility of an overdose,” Browne said. “There were pills within the vicinity of the bed.”

Like I said, it wasn't confirmed. Another rumor is that it was an accident - the whole heart attack scenario.
But I'm in favor of the overdose. That's what most do.
And is it true this was in Mary-Kate Olsen's apt? :eh:

Bryce
01-23-2008, 12:21 AM
I think it is really stupid that {so far} it has not been this sudden "OMFG!" type of thing, like it was with Anna Nicole Smith....

The minute it was released about her death, the pressed was on it like that *snaps fingers*

Not to be rude, but he was 10x the person she ever was, and i think there should be a bit more recognition on his part (notice i said "so far", since it only happened a few hours ago)

And yes, he was an amazing actor....he was great in BrokeBack Mountain <---- yes, i saw it :rolleyes:

Fire Away
01-23-2008, 12:57 AM
It's such a shame. :/

I'm reminded of James Dean and River Phoenix.

Maleficent
01-23-2008, 02:11 AM
First Marilyn,then Anna Nicole, Now Heath Ledger!
I didnt know him,i met him but that's all.
My Baby Brother is Named after him.
R.I.P Heath Ledger.

Orthar
01-23-2008, 02:14 AM
First Marilyn,then Anna Nicole, Now Heath Ledger!
I didnt know him,i met him but that's all.
My Baby Brother is Named after him.
R.I.P Heath Ledger.
....Which Marilyn are you talking about?

The one that died 20+ years ago?

Maleficent
01-23-2008, 02:19 AM
Marilyn Monroe,The original celebrity Drug death.
Poor Heath.
And it has been Confirmed that it WASNT Mary-Kate Olsen's Apartment.

iamanalog
01-23-2008, 04:08 AM
am i a bad person if i just dont care about some person who ive never met, not to mention never seen a movie he was in died? on a side note its going to be like watching the crow all over again.

Fire Away
01-23-2008, 04:11 AM
am i a bad person if i just dont care about some person who ive never met, not to mention never seen a movie he was in died? on a side note its going to be like watching the crow all over again.

Compassion applies. You don't have to have met someone to understand that a death is tragic, and that there are people who are hurting because of this.

iamanalog
01-23-2008, 04:21 AM
Compassion applies. You don't have to have met someone to understand that a death is tragic, and that there are people who are hurting because of this.
sure death is tragic, especially when someones under 30. but ill have to throw the cliche card out there, just becaue he's famous does that mean you can ingnore the thousands or others that have died in the same time.

the only thing i really cant stand is like the anna nicole smith deal, that dragged on weeks longer then the 2 hours it was worth.

then again some say im bitter.

Maleficent
01-23-2008, 05:03 AM
sure death is tragic, especially when someones under 30. but ill have to throw the cliche card out there, just becaue he's famous does that mean you can ingnore the thousands or others that have died in the same time.

the only thing i really cant stand is like the anna nicole smith deal, that dragged on weeks longer then the 2 hours it was worth.

then again some say im bitter.

You are Bitter,Happy?
When someone die's,it's alway's Tragic,You cant say im wrong there,but when it's a celebrity,The thing you dont understand is, that MILLION'S loved Heath and the movie's he was in,so they would be sad.Ive already heard of a couple of Suicide's!
So there,You got what you wanted ok?
*Cry's*
R.I.P Heath Ledger.

The_Seventieth_Evil
01-23-2008, 08:31 AM
Dear God!!!

They should add that "In memory of" tribute stuff with the open/close credits.
Maybe have a retro reel at end of movie (like in "October Sky") going over key points in Heath's life and career.

Japoro
01-23-2008, 12:32 PM
I read about it yesterday (swedish time). He was a great actor, trully. I found Brokback Mountain as a bad movie (It take much to get me into love a movie).
However, eventho I almost fell asleep during the movie I just couldnt not say that he was playing his roll extremly great.

r.i.p Heath Ledger

Stardy
01-23-2008, 12:55 PM
I don't believe it, it's kinda shockin u no, i mean who cares about the dumb Batman Movie, u guys make me sick:)

Sick, yet you put a smiley face on the end of your sentance =/

As for this topic... I can't say I was a fan of his, mainly cause I think the "Batman" series/movies/comics/whatever is overated, but its still sad to hear he passed away.

RIP, thoughts & prayers going out to his family aswell.

I hope this does not end up like the Anna Nicole Smith case, dear god, couldn't they let her rest in peace? =/

Also, offtopic, but 3500 posts for me =/

Lord Celebi
01-23-2008, 02:01 PM

Guess what, I do. That's just an incredibly mean spirited thing to say, and I'd like to remind you, you're posting on a POKEMON forum, so I think Batman is the least of your worries. YOU make me sick for saying that you don't care about the senseless loss of life JUST because his recent movie was a Batman movie.

Now, as you guys may have noticed, I've had TDK quotes in my signature since the teaser debuted in July. I am really excited for this movie, and this comes as an incredible shock to me. He, however, finished filming all of his scenes and recording his post-production dialogue, so TDK shouldn't be affected.

RIP Heath.

Rekhyt
01-23-2008, 02:11 PM
This is seriously terrible stuff.

They say it was an overdose, which'd be the most likely scenario. The Batman movie won't be effected by it, as Rust said... They might pull back the release date though.

Bulletangel
01-23-2008, 02:45 PM
To better inform you all, it has been stated over news that Heath, before his death, was having troubles with severe insomnia, and the sleeping pills he was taking were not in fact helping his issues.

Insomnia, the complete lack of sleep, can mess with your mind. Without sleep, the brain plays terrible tricks on you.

Heath apprently took three pills, with a dose enough to kill a horse, but without avail, woke up an hour later. Frustrated and infuriated, he took a large dose of pills in order to attempt peaceful sleep. What he got, was eternal.

This was by no means intentional. Heath was an amazing actor, and a beautiful person. I had the pleasure of meeting him personally, and such a beautiful soul should not have gone at such horrible ends.

From reports, Heath's family found out about his death from the radio.

His wife, who is assumd to be on a flight back from Sweden, is yet to hear the devestating news.

Rest in peace, Heath. You were one of my favorite actors since i was a kid.

Best wishes to his family xox

EonMythos
01-23-2008, 03:44 PM
Wow...I can't say I wasn't shocked as well, even if I didn't know him or his movies well. My parents heard about it yesterday (through World of Warcraft, of all places), and it certainly shocked the both of them as well when my Mom went searching for news about it.

It's tragic, but I hope that where ever he may be now, he is at peace. My heart goes out to his family and those who knew him personally, and especially his former fiance and daughter.

May he rest in peace.

Drift
01-23-2008, 06:54 PM
To better inform you all, it has been stated over news that Heath, before his death, was having troubles with severe insomnia, and the sleeping pills he was taking were not in fact helping his issues.

Insomnia, the complete lack of sleep, can mess with your mind. Without sleep, the brain plays terrible tricks on you.

Heath apprently took three pills, with a dose enough to kill a horse, but without avail, woke up an hour later. Frustrated and infuriated, he took a large dose of pills in order to attempt peaceful sleep. What he got, was eternal.

This was by no means intentional. Heath was an amazing actor, and a beautiful person. I had the pleasure of meeting him personally, and such a beautiful soul should not have gone at such horrible ends.

His wife, who is assumd to be on a flight back from Sweden, is yet to hear the devestating news.

They don't know for sure, but I imagine that would be it.
They say the cause of his death will not be found out for another 10 days.

An autopsy on the 28-year-old actor was inconclusive, the medical examiner's office said Wednesday. It will take about 10 days to complete the investigation, said Ellen Borakove, a spokeswoman for the office.

Lord Celebi
01-23-2008, 08:30 PM

He had said in November that playing the Joker caused him insomnia, just because his character was a heartless killing clown, so that's the story I'm believing as well.

iamanalog
01-23-2008, 08:37 PM
You are Bitter,Happy?
When someone die's,it's alway's Tragic,You cant say im wrong there,but when it's a celebrity,The thing you dont understand is, that MILLION'S loved Heath and the movie's he was in,so they would be sad.Ive already heard of a couple of Suicide's!
So there,You got what you wanted ok?
*Cry's*
R.I.P Heath Ledger.
To be 100% honest, if you are that attached to a medicore actor that you feel the need to kill yourself, be my guest. Not to be insensitive but if your going to end your life and and thats the pushing limit then your life is already dead in my opinion. Ill proabably come off as an ass for these comments but anyone who kills them selfs over a celerbities death, is the reason why theres natural selection. I mean i had a friend when i was younger whos older brother shot himself to death because of kurt cobain, dont get me wrong i think kurt was a great songwriter but someone to end your life over? no thank you.

Maleficent
01-23-2008, 09:22 PM
To be 100% honest, if you are that attached to a medicore actor that you feel the need to kill yourself, be my guest. Not to be insensitive but if your going to end your life and and thats the pushing limit then your life is already dead in my opinion. Ill proabably come off as an ass for these comments but anyone who kills them selfs over a celerbities death, is the reason why theres natural selection. I mean i had a friend when i was younger whos older brother shot himself to death because of kurt cobain, dont get me wrong i think kurt was a great songwriter but someone to end your life over? no thank you.

Im not Going to kill myself.
Im not THAT attached.
Dont Insult Kurt!

PokemonBoy2106
01-23-2008, 09:56 PM
Well, I was never a Ledger fan yet I still respected him for putting Australia on the Hollywood map. When Heath died, it headline every newspaper, put a picture on every magazine. It was a shame that the media; those who tormented him for all those years had never had a chance to fix things up, don't get me wrong; the media didn't kill him but you can't say the two parties were best friends. I feel so sorry for Ledger's two year old daughter as well. It's so sad.

R.I.P Heath

pikachufan25
01-23-2008, 10:41 PM
This is depressing, but this happens all the time to people, so why dose it take so hollywood actor to die to realise the problems with sleeping pills, I've had some nights when I haven't gotten much sleep, but I would never take sleeping pills for, anyways at least his part in batman is finished(I just saw the first one the day and I can't wait to see the second one) I'm curious if they finished using joker as a character or if they will find a new one to play the part he just left open?

spartan117
01-23-2008, 10:48 PM
This is depressing, but this happens all the time to people, so why dose it take so hollywood actor to die to realise the problems with sleeping pills, I've had some nights when I haven't gotten much sleep, but I would never take sleeping pills for, anyways at least his part in batman is finished(I just saw the first one the day and I can't wait to see the second one) I'm curious if they finished using joker as a character or if they will find a new one to play the part he just left open?
They probably will replace him...you know Hollywood all they want is money.
I feel bad for his family and I really dont know what to say. Its still a shock to me.

Drift
01-23-2008, 11:19 PM
They probably will replace him...you know Hollywood all they want is money.
I feel bad for his family and I really dont know what to say. Its still a shock to me.

They're not replacing him, they already filmed all of his scenes. Re-filming and re-hiring another actor would actually be LOSING money. Plus they'd probably want to release it as a commemoration type thing.

Maleficent
01-23-2008, 11:28 PM
They would,In the beginning

Heath Ledger,the One who made this all happen
1980-2008
Heath Ledger,the best Batman of all time.

charmeleonblaze
01-23-2008, 11:29 PM
Wow, this IS shocking. I've seen this guy in a lot o movies. And to be honest, when I first heard that he died, I was just like "Oh well, whatever", but when I realized that it was him, I was like "OMGWTF?!".

BTW, I've never even heard of "The Dark Knight." But anyhow, RIP Heath Ledger. You were a great actor and a great influence to other actors.

Maleficent
01-23-2008, 11:33 PM
It's the Batman Sequal,or the Serie's, I get confused.
When i learned on the Phone that someone died,I thought that Owen Wilson or Brit had killed themselve's.But Heath! NOOOO!

pikachufan25
01-24-2008, 12:27 AM
They would,In the beginning

Heath Ledger,the One who made this all happen
1980-2008
Heath Ledger,the best Batman of all time.

Uhhh..... He was joker not batman, batman is christian bale.

Maleficent
01-24-2008, 12:33 AM
Uhhh..... He was joker not batman, batman is christian bale.

Dang, *Damn Amnesia*.Eh,Go Joker!