PDA

View Full Version : Team Requests

Ultima Boss
01-25-2008, 09:42 PM
I apologize for the mishap in the previous thread, experimentation has its successes and failures which this one was a failure. Anyway, same rules goes as for the previous thread:

Be specific
No in-game requests

If you think anything else should be added then feel free to contact me or another Moderator of this jurisdiction.

Dude7
01-27-2008, 08:45 PM
I'd Like A Team For Pokemon LG If YOu Can Include Items
It Can Have Legendaries
Thanks Ahead

Leman
01-27-2008, 09:00 PM
I'd Like A Team For Pokemon LG If YOu Can Include Items
It Can Have Legendaries
Thanks Ahead

No in game teams. =/ It says it right there. >_<

Dude7
01-28-2008, 08:00 AM
No in game teams. =/ It says it right there. >_<
Okey I'll RePhrase
I'd Like A Team Including My Starter Venusaur
You Can Include Items So Feel Free
I Don't Mind Legendaries

Oxygen
01-31-2008, 08:04 AM
That's still ingame.

I'd like a Shoddy team, with no ubers or blissy, including politoed and Magnezone.

shedinjask
01-31-2008, 09:59 PM
Maybe if we gave him a competitive team with Venusaur?

But I can't do third gen anymore since I am D/P conditioned. So I'll start on your team now.

Dude7
02-01-2008, 07:32 AM
Okey ...
I Want A Team
It Can Contain Legendaries So Feel Free
Items And Levels Should Be Included But Natures Shouldn't

Ataro
02-05-2008, 10:46 PM
This thread looks dead, but meh, I'll try my luck.

I need a shoddy team, without Ubers, and preferably it is a Hail team, so all ice types with the abilities that work with Hail and all that.

Leman
02-06-2008, 02:25 AM
Okey ...
I Want A Team
It Can Contain Legendaries So Feel Free
Items And Levels Should Be Included But Natures Shouldn't

W/out natures means no competitive. >_<

This thread looks dead, but meh, I'll try my luck.

I need a shoddy team, without Ubers, and preferably it is a Hail team, so all ice types with the abilities that work with Hail and all that.

Hail teams are way too common. D:

Abomasnow (♂) @ Leftovers/Choice Scarf
Ability: Snow Warning
EVs: 116 HP/252 Spd/140 SAtk
Timid nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Wood Hammer/Focus Punch
- Blizzard
- Focus Blast
- Leech Seed/Leaf Storm/Grass Knot

Leech Seed with Leftovers.

Mammoswine (♂) @ Leftovers
Ability: Snow Cloak
EVs: 252 Atk/ 176 HP/ 80 Spd
Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Earthquake
- Ice Shard
- Stealth Rock/Curse
- Stone Edge

Froslass @ Choice Specs
Ability: Snow Cloak
EVs: 4 Hp/ 252 SAtk/ 252 Spd
Timid nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Thunderbolt
- Blizzard
- Shadow Ball
- Destiny Bond

Walrein (♂) @ Leftovers
Ability: Ice Heal
EVs: 252 HP/ 124 DEf/ 132 SAtk
Bold nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Toxic
- Protect
- Blizzard
- Substitute

I'll finish this soon D:

Dude7
02-06-2008, 08:50 AM
[QUOTE=Leman;2010417]W/out natures means no competitive. >_<

All Right
The Reason Why I Said Don't Include Natures
Is That I Can't Change My Pokemon's Natures
So
Include Natures

Trainer17
02-12-2008, 03:56 AM
As the title suggests, I need a Current Sandstorm/Rain Dance Team. I am working on some, But I need help from Experts like you guys out there. Just reply to this Post, Stating what Team you think would really do good for a Sandstorm/Rain.

Please include:-
1)A Start Off Fighter
2)2 Tanks
3)A Physical Sweeper

any other 2 .

Thanks guys!

shedinjask
02-12-2008, 10:00 PM
Rain Dane has quite a few good Pokemon. Toxicroak, Lanturn, Gyarados, Ludicolo, Kabutops, Qwilfish to name a few. Good supporters are Vaporeon, Bronzong, Zapdos, and Jirachi.

Sandstorm obviously needs Tyranitar or Hippowdon, or possibly both. Cradily, Regirock, Rampardos, Swampert, Skarmory, Claydol, Shuckle, Gliscor, Garchomp, and Cacturne are all good Pokemon to have on a SS team.

If you pick a weather and a few starting Pokemon I can help you.

Pulse
02-14-2008, 02:52 AM
I need some help building a team that involves a SubSDing Lucario and Celebi. I feel like the two would work very well together since Lucario resists Celebi's glaring Bug weakness along with her Ice weakness. I'm pretty sure I would also want to use something like Heatran or something with a 4x Fire Resist to take care of both of their weaknesses, but I need help bringing it all together. PM me if you can share some advice.

Elemental_Blast
03-06-2008, 04:44 PM
hi pokepod here
im in search of a new team so any suggestions
please inculde
the name of the pokemon
nature
items and
movesets

Oxygen
03-09-2008, 09:32 AM
[QUOTE=Leman;2010417]W/out natures means no competitive. >_<

All Right
The Reason Why I Said Don't Include Natures
Is That I Can't Change My Pokemon's Natures
So
Include Natures

I know this is old, but, you can change natures on competetive battling =/

Ask around in the D/P boards if you need help.

Can someone get my request done near the top of the page?

Treeky111
03-24-2008, 11:21 PM
Alright I need a team made for me OK. Tell me which Pokemon to remove:

Electivire (Sweeper and Strongest) DO NOT REMOVE
Drapion
Rex
Umbreon
Blissey DO NOT REMOVE
Blaziken

Remove any of these pokemon except Blissey and Electivire. GIVE MOVESETS. Please and thank you.

Master of Puppets
04-03-2008, 02:50 AM
I need natures, items, moves, AND EVs for these teams:

Gengar
Blastoise
Electabuzz
Dragonite
Alakazam
(need decent bug-type)

Octillery
Tyranitar
Typhlosion
Piloswine
Heracross
Wobbufett

Sceptile
Ninjask
Blaziken
Kyogre
Hariyama
Salamence

I am using pokemon LEAFGREEN AND SAPPHIRE

These teams are region based, and i need a good bug-type for my kanto team.

This Island Earth
05-30-2008, 03:33 PM
If anyone is willing to help me; I would like a 4th generation 2v2 team, which consists of only 4 pokemon. Please provide EVs, natue, and held items etc (take in mind they will just be raised to lvl 50). It should also not include Dragonite,Mewtwo,Mew,Tyranitar,Lugia, Ho-Oh, Celebi, Kyogre, Groudon, Rayquaza, Jirachi, Deoxys, Dialga, Palkia, Heatran, Regigigas, Giratina, Phione, Manaphy, or Darkrai. I would like to include Magmortar in there, he is a personal favorite. So maybe a strategy involved around him. This would be a really big help!

Viva la Gofre
05-30-2008, 06:54 PM
If anyone is willing to help me; I would like a 4th generation 2v2 team, which consists of only 4 pokemon. Please provide EVs, natue, and held items etc (take in mind they will just be raised to lvl 50). It should also not include Dragonite,Mewtwo,Mew,Tyranitar,Lugia, Ho-Oh, Celebi, Kyogre, Groudon, Rayquaza, Jirachi, Deoxys, Dialga, Palkia, Heatran, Regigigas, Giratina, Phione, Manaphy, or Darkrai. I would like to include Magmortar in there, he is a personal favorite. So maybe a strategy involved around him. This would be a really big help!
Is this that America V Japan tournament thingy by any chance?
The rules are completely idiotic lol.
Anyway, abuse the stupidity of them not banning lat@s. Not only can they levitate (Ignoring the most common move in the doubles metagame- Earthquake) They are both capable of reaching almost 600 in a single stat with soul dew attatched. Likewise, try and have an earthquake user yourself. Since they've not banned garchomp (Quite stupid when tyranitar and dragonite are :P) he would make a great addition. You'll also want at least one explosion absorber, since Protexplosion is another common strategy. A ghost like genger is good for this, or a steel wall like skarmory (Who again ignores EQ). Click here for more in-depth strategy. (http://www.smogon.com/dp/articles/double_battles)

EDIT: Supposing I am thinking of the right competetion, the rules have been edited so that sould dew may not be used, so ignore my point about it. Otherwise the rest stands.

This Island Earth
05-30-2008, 08:11 PM
Yeah it is that competition. One of the venues happens to be in NYC. I would of rather it be a traditional 1v1 since that it what I'm used too. Can you offer me some movesets and or EVS with the suggested Pokemon? It has been awhile since I've even looked at the game(gotta dust off my DS). This competition is actually getting me back into it. Is the Lat@s combo still worth it without souldew? Garchomp and Gengar sound awesome to me. If don't have time to give me any movesets and the like I'll think of some and post them and maybe you can rate them. Thanks for quick reply back though!

hsb39
06-07-2008, 02:50 AM
Is this that America V Japan tournament thingy by any chance?
The rules are completely idiotic lol.
Likewise, try and have an earthquake user yourself. Since they've not banned garchomp (Quite stupid when tyranitar and dragonite are :P) he would make a great addition.

T-Tar and Dragonite are banned as it is a Lvl. 50 comp.

DHero
07-19-2008, 05:57 PM
So far, my team is Skarmory (Spikes, Stealth Rock, and then Roar) as my lead, then Garchomp (Focus Sash, sweeps a LOT), Electivire (PBR with Expert Belt), Staraptor (Focus Sash, and does Close Combat -> Endeavor or Brave Bird), Milotic (Toxic Stall), and Gengar (Focus Sash w/ Taunt and Destiny Bond, has never been dead weight in any situation).
I'm thinking of taking Staraptor off because I'd be too prone to Stealth Rock and Spikes [to a lesser extent]. I'm thinking of a Rapid Spinner that can also sweep, but I don't want to use Donphan or Tentacruel.

Dark Turtwig
07-19-2008, 06:18 PM
Well, if you want a good rapid spinner, Blastoise has always been good. He's got fairly good stats, and he's one of my favorite water types.

Cucumber
07-20-2008, 02:02 AM
Hitmontop/lee/chan can rapid spin and also get somewhat of a sweeping going.

Leman
07-20-2008, 03:08 AM
Starmie, Forretress, Donphan, and Tentacruel are easily the best Rapid Spinners in the game. I don't see why you'd use the Hitmons/Blastoise when those four outclass them in every way. Starmie is really the only one that you can sweep with. I wouldn't use Forry because you already have Spikes and Stealth Rocks on your team.

TheGazette
07-21-2008, 07:32 AM
Can someone make me a team of these Pokemon? I want to use the team for Diamond/Pearl competitive play and Shoddy Battle.

Roserade - I want a staller with Toxic Spikes and whatnot
Infernape - Mixape please
Milotic - Whatever you think works best
3 Other Pokemon of your choice that, in your opinion, would help the team a lot.

Pm Me. Thanks :D.

MistyFan14
07-22-2008, 06:17 PM
Here is my dream team(please suggest items)
Meganium- Solarbeam, Energyball, Synthesis, Sunny Day
Starmie- Hydro Pump, Surf, Icebeam, Psychic
Arcanine- Fire Blast, Flamethrower, Arial Ace, Extreemspeed
Pikachu- Volt tackle, Thunder, Thunderbolt, Nasty Plot
Mightyena- Crunch, Dark Pulse, Sucker Punch, Toxic
Primeape- Close Combat, Cross Chop, Seismic Toss, Earthquake

All my pokemon will be at level 100 and be EV trained. I am thinking about replacing Mightyena with Snorlax.

hsb39
07-26-2008, 06:37 AM
So far, my team is Skarmory (Spikes, Stealth Rock, and then Roar) as my lead, then Garchomp (Focus Sash, sweeps a LOT), Electivire (PBR with Expert Belt), Staraptor (Focus Sash, and does Close Combat -> Endeavor or Brave Bird), Milotic (Toxic Stall), and Gengar (Focus Sash w/ Taunt and Destiny Bond, has never been dead weight in any situation).
I'm thinking of taking Staraptor off because I'd be too prone to Stealth Rock and Spikes [to a lesser extent]. I'm thinking of a Rapid Spinner that can also sweep, but I don't want to use Donphan or Tentacruel.
There are quite a few Sashes there. People tend to consider double Sashes to be cheap.

Groudon_fan
08-20-2008, 04:53 AM
I'd like a team with:

Jask/other BPer (BPer)
Marrowak (Physical sweeper)
Steelix (Physical wall)
A Spiker/Stealth-rocker and another pokemon, I have another... Odd... primeape set I'm putting in.

Joppie
08-22-2008, 05:49 PM
I Posted Here So I could ACTUALLY get some Replies as appose to The Single pokemon Thing :) Sorry If this Is against the rules But I really Need Help!
Blissey Lv100
Salamence Lv100
Metagross Lv100
Umbreon Lv100
Milotic Lv100
Ludicolo Lv100
^^^^^^^^^
That's My Team But What Are The Most Efficent Move Sets For All Of These Pokemon (not Just one of them)???

Please Don't Move/Close This Thread I just Want Answers :(

charizard ex
08-22-2008, 05:53 PM
a good move for umbreion is moonlight cuz it regains hp when you use this move

Crazed One
08-22-2008, 06:00 PM
First you should post movesets and items, EVs, natures and what not, then we can help you with them.

S0L
08-22-2008, 06:33 PM
I Posted Here So I could ACTUALLY get some Replies as appose to The Single pokemon Thing :) Sorry If this Is against the rules But I really Need Help!
Blissey Lv100
Salamence Lv100
Metagross Lv100
Umbreon Lv100
Milotic Lv100
Ludicolo Lv100
^^^^^^^^^
That's My Team But What Are The Most Efficent Move Sets For All Of These Pokemon (not Just one of them)???

Please Don't Move/Close This Thread I just Want Answers :(

Come up with your own ideas first. Figure out what role each pokemon has to play on your team. Heres a start. Blissy - HP tank, staller. Salamence - sweeper. Metagross - Physical Wall and Hard hitter. Umbreon - Annoyer. Milotic - Sp wall. And go with a sp sweeper, maybe a choice scarf gengar.

That is a decent combination of what those pokemon are good for, so come up with some movesets or go one at a time and we'll help you perfect your team. Good Luck

Joppie
08-22-2008, 07:31 PM
Come up with your own ideas first. Figure out what role each pokemon has to play on your team. Heres a start. Blissy - HP tank, staller. Salamence - sweeper. Metagross - Physical Wall and Hard hitter. Umbreon - Annoyer. Milotic - Sp wall. And go with a sp sweeper, maybe a choice scarf gengar.

That is a decent combination of what those pokemon are good for, so come up with some movesets or go one at a time and we'll help you perfect your team. Good Luck

Thanks This Is Good Advice And I plan to use It :)
But What's an Annoyer?:banana:

Viva la Gofre
08-23-2008, 09:15 AM
Thanks This Is Good Advice And I plan to use It :)
But What's an Annoyer?:banana:
An annoyer is a gimmicky strategy that use status, taunt and not a lot else. supporters are better, doing the same things but offering things like wish support (Something umbron does very well):

Umbron@Leftovers
Careful
252HP/92SpDef/164Spd
Mean Look
Wish
Baton Pass
Toxic/Yawn/Taunt

Passing umbreon. Mean Look is not there to annoy your opponent, but to benefit you. In this instance it can make baton passes a lot easier, passing both wishes and status (should you choose one in the last slot), and also for forcing your opponent to stay in where they would really be running away very quickly (Eg blissey and garchomp). Just don't get taunted, or you're screwed ;)

Oh and S0L, blissey is a wall not a tank, and meta is a tank not a wall.

Groudon_fan
08-24-2008, 03:06 AM
I'd like a team with:

Jask/other BPer (BPer)
Marrowak (Physical sweeper)
Steelix (Physical wall)
A Spiker/Stealth-rocker and another pokemon, I have another... Odd... Primeape set I'm putting in.

*Parasite queen battle music from Metroid Prime plays*

I HATE BEING IGNORED!
GIVE ME MY SETS!

Okay, that was the anger.

*Escape timer plays*

You have until the timer runs out to give me movesets, EV's, Items and Natures for the team I want before I sic my pet Quadraxis on you. Then there will be much pain.

megamonk4
08-24-2008, 03:13 AM
I would like to request a team that consist of the fossil pokemon. The only one that cannot be included in my team is shieldon because I don't have it. Please make one a starter for my team.

Jaydin Knight
08-24-2008, 03:27 AM
Er, I need a moveset for the following Pokemon...

Ninetails
Blaziken
Lanturn
Lugia
Swampert
Blissey

Any suggestions for items for each pokemon would be very nice.

hsb39
08-24-2008, 04:06 AM
*Parasite queen battle music from Metroid Prime plays*

I HATE BEING IGNORED!
GIVE ME MY SETS!

Okay, that was the anger.

*Escape timer plays*

You have until the timer runs out to give me movesets, EV's, Items and Natures for the team I want before I sic my pet Quadraxis on you. Then there will be much pain.
I can't give much at the moment but I will give you a start:

Ninjask@Leichi Berry
Trait: Speed Boost
Nature: Jolly
252HP, 252Spd, 6 Atk
Substitute
Baton Pass
Swords Dace
X-Scissor/Protect

Strange EV spread but I was just going off the top of my head. You're pretty much guaranteed to get the BP with this as your lead, watch out for Bronzong though.

Marowak@Thick Club
Trait: Rock Head
Nature: Adamant
EVs: 252Atk, 252Spd, 6HP
EQ/Bonemerang
Stone Edge/Rock Slide
Fire Punch/Double Edge/SD
Double Edge/Fire Punch/SD

I've seen the Ninjask - Marowak combo destroy entire teams, Bonemerang was better in 3rd gen where Jolteon was a more popular lead: get speed boosts as well as SD with Ninjask as the Jolteon confidently sets up a Sub, pass to Marowak and 1HKO with Bonemerang. It also destroys Sashers now who think that they can safely get the KO.

I may do the rest later.

megamonk4
08-24-2008, 07:07 AM
I would like to request a team that consist of the fossil pokemon. The only one that cannot be included in my team is shieldon because I don't have it. Please make one a starter for my team.

Okay I'm going to list a guess on how my team could work out. Make any changes or edits or start it anew completely.

1. Aerodactyl @ ???(starter)
EV's:252 attack/252 speed/4 HP
Ability: Pressure

Rock Slide
Wing Attack
Roar
Stealth Rock/Toxic/???

2. Kabutops @ ???(physical sweeper)
Ability: Battle Armor

Stone Edge
Waterfall
Aerial Ace/X Scissor
Night Slash/???

3. Rampardos @ Focus Sash(physical sweeper)
Abilty: Mold Breaker

EQ
Head Smash
Endeavor
Rock Polish

4. Cradily @ Leftovers(special tank)
EV's:252 HP/202 Sp. Att/52 Sp. Def
Nature: Calm
Ability: Suction Cups

Energy Ball
Ancient Power
Ingrain
Toxic/Protect/???

5. Armaldo @ ???(physical tank)
EV's 252 HP/202 Attack/52 Defense
Nature: Impish
Ability: Battle Armor

X Scissor
Rock Tomb
Protect
Brick Break

6. Omastar @ ???(physical tank)
EV's 252 HP/202 Sp. Att/ 52 Defense
Nature: Bold
Ability: Shell Armor

Hydro Pump
Ancient Power
Tickle
Protect

hsb39
08-24-2008, 08:24 AM
Well all I can say is that I think that the best lead would be:

Rampardos@Focus Sash
Trait: Mold Breaker
EVs: 252 Atk, 252 Spd, 4 HP
Rock Polish
Stone Edge
EQ
Crunch

Can screw over a lot of leads (Bronzong) and after Polishing can get a true sweep in.

I wasn't too fond of the other sets suggested, and if I get more time later I may give you something else to work with.

Bmanbbop
08-24-2008, 04:47 PM
I would like a team that has a Sweeper/Tank (such as Steelix or Rhyperior), a Dragon (like Rayquaza or Dragonite), an Attacker (a Pokemon with a variety of strong moves), a Ghost [an Annoyer somewhat (one that has a sleep-causing move and Shadow Claw)], and any others you see would help balance out the team's strengths and weaknesses.

Gravity
09-10-2008, 01:31 AM
Um, hei... ? I was wondering... could anyone give me help on a Fake Out team?

sandfox
10-06-2008, 10:33 PM
I need help I have just started using then idea of have roles in a team, my team is: Blastoise, Magmortar, Electivire, Rhyperior, Alakazam, Machamp. If u could please suggest what role they should have and any changes it would be appreciated:biggrin:

Viva la Gofre
12-09-2008, 11:07 PM
Um, hei... ? I was wondering... could anyone give me help on a Fake Out team?

Fake out teams rarely work, since the damage it causes is tiny and is not worth building a whole strategy around. Just build a generic team, and lead with this infernape if you want to make use of fake out:

Infernape@Focus Sash
Naive
64Att/252SpAtt/192Spd
Fake Out
Fire Blast
Stealth Rock
Close Combat/Encore

Lead with this, it scares away a lot of leads and gives a free stealth-rock. Fire blast for general STAB and gets an extra kick when focus sash saves you at 1HP. Last option down to personal preference, encore is there for other suicide leads like aero, and traps them into stealth rock themselves whereas close combat offers coverage.

That infernape is the only real set that makes any use of stealth rock in standard play. If you want multiple fake-out users for some reason, free-hits persian is the only other viable option. If you want the set let me know.

I need help I have just started using then idea of have roles in a team, my team is: Blastoise Utility, Magmortar Special Sweeper, Electivire Mixed Sweeper, Rhyperior Physical Tank, AlakazamSpecial Sweeper, Machamp Physical Tank. If u could please suggest what role they should have and any changes it would be appreciated:biggrin:

Trade out magmortar and rhyperior, who both do the same job as machamp and alakazam only worse. Bring in a decent physical wall and special wall in their places.

Dawn_PiplupFan1
01-17-2009, 02:43 PM
Is this a good team. i can't teach them platinum attacks ok. Can someone help me on the items because i don't get that part. Thanks

Froslass
Timid
252 Speed/ 252 S.Attack/ 6 Hp
Snow Cloak

~ Ice Shard
~ Blizzard/Confuse ray
~ T-Bolt/ T-Wave
~ Shadow Ball

Altaria
Careful
252 S.Defense/ 252 Hp/ 6 Defense
Natural cure

~ Dragon Dance
~ Dragon Pulse/Dragon Claw
~ Roost
~ Aerial Ace

Flareon
Adamant
252 Attack/ 252 Speed/ 6 Hp
Flash Fire

~ Fire Blast/ Fire Fang
~ Sunny Day
~ Will-O-Wisp/ Protect
~ Toxic

Milotic
Calm
252 S. defense/ 252 Hp/ 6 Defense
Marvel Scale

~ Ice Beam
~ Surf
~ Rest
~ Sleep Talk/ Dragon Pulse

Roserade
Modest
252 S.Attack/ 252 Speed/ 6 Hp
Natural Cure

~ Giga Drain
~ Grasswhistle
~ Weather Ball/ ???
~ Sludge Bomb

Gardevoir
Modest
252 S.Attack/ 252 Speed/ 6 Hp
Synchronize

~ Psychic
~ T-Bolt
~ Wish/ Hypnosis
~ Calm Mind

Viva la Gofre
01-17-2009, 05:30 PM
Piplup fan, post a new thread titled RMT to have your entire team assessed, this is a place for asking for a moveset or two.

aldent88
01-17-2009, 11:40 PM
I apologize for the mishap in the previous thread, experimentation has its successes and failures which this one was a failure. Anyway, same rules goes as for the previous thread:

Be specific
No in-game requests

If you think anything else should be added then feel free to contact me or another Moderator of this jurisdiction.
I'd like a team for Wifi/BT battles, I'm new to Pokemon Wifi/BT battling, so I have no idea about anything that works....I can do EV training and breeding and stuff myself, I just need something to help me along.

No ubers or legendaries please, and no Dragonites (I wanna keep it as "legal" or "official" as according to smogon) oh and I don't have Emerald, and I can't find anywhere that they don't want a ton of cash for it, and I'm in a tight money situation at the current time, and the McDonald's is on the other side of town....can't go there for trading on Wifi very often. I'd like everything covered: as much damage as possible, and survivability, lots of survivability, and then whatever else a good team for Wifi/BT battles has.

I know this is somewhat bleak but.....I really have no idea what to do with this....maybe once I get a good example, when Gen. V comes out, I won't have so much trouble.

aldent88
01-17-2009, 11:43 PM
Sorry about the double post, but I cannot teach Platinum moves....since Platinum isn't out yet, obviously. I saw another user say the same thing, so I thought maybe some people had access to Platinum version only moves.

aldent88
01-17-2009, 11:57 PM
Heck....sorry about the now TRIPLE post, but...I know I said I can EV train myself and all, but I will (obviously) need suggested EVs and held items along with the Pokemon you suggest and the movesets you suggest for each.

Thanks in advance!

aldent88
01-18-2009, 12:01 AM
Ok I'm sorry about this.... I just keep forgetting stuff. I also need what Natures and if any of the Pokemon you suggest have more than one possible ability they can learn, tell me which one I need to try and get.

Thanks in advance!

EricTheEevee
03-14-2009, 06:51 PM
I am completely new to competetive battling, but I have been watching some YouTube Wi-Fi battles and saw some good pokemon that I might want to use:

Azelf (Lead)

Azumarill (Adamant) @ (Don't know what Item)
Aqua Jet
Brick Break
Rest/Ice Punch
Sleep Talk/Waterfall
EV 212 HP / 252 Atk / 44 Spe

Shaymin?

Suicune?

Latias?

Blissey?

Umbreon?

As you can see I pretty much need a lot of help.
I'm kinda stuck on the Azumarill, Blissey and Suicune, but the others I have no idea. I'd be open to any advice. Please help me! :)

hsb39
03-14-2009, 11:48 PM
I am completely new to competetive battling, but I have been watching some YouTube Wi-Fi battles and saw some good pokemon that I might want to use:

To get more detail on that, it's worth reading some articles on Smogon.

Azelf (Lead)

I believe that the standard suicide Azelf Lead is:

Azelf@Focus Sash
Nature: Timid
EVs: 6 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Taunt
Stealth Rock
Psycic
Fire Blast / Explosion (I prefer Flamethrower>Fire Blast but it isn't the standard)

Azumarill (Adamant) @ (Don't know what Item)
Aqua Jet
Brick Break
Rest/Ice Punch
Sleep Talk/Waterfall
EV 212 HP / 252 Atk / 44 Spe

Don't see any problems. Probably Lefties if RestTalking and Choice Band if not.

Shaymin?

Eh... If you want to use it it's possible I guess. But Shaymin isn't that good.

Suicune?

Typing synergy isn't great with Azumarril.

Latias?

That seems good, but it depends what kind you are using.

Blissey?

Can't really go wrong with Blissey can you?

Umbreon?

Hard to pull off, but if you get lucky with Mean Passing to something to set up (Latias is the best out of what you have there) you could get an easy win.

As you can see I pretty much need a lot of help.
I'm kinda stuck on the Azumarill, Blissey and Suicune, but the others I have no idea. I'd be open to any advice. Please help me! :)

It is pretty hard to make judgements just out of the Pokemon, smogon is a good reference for movesets. Don't feel afraid to use the standards, Scizor seems like it would actually work pretty well on this team.

EDIT: Aldent: Use the EDIT POST button to put new things into a post.

_KaBal_
04-19-2009, 02:45 PM
need a sandstorm team including hippowdon and flygon. not every has to be immune to sandstorm but not more than 2 pokes that are not immune.

FrozenVirus
04-19-2009, 06:24 PM
To get more detail on that, it's worth reading some articles on Smogon.

I believe that the standard suicide Azelf Lead is:

Azelf@Focus Sash
Taunt
Stealth Rock
Psycic
Fire Blast / Explosion (I prefer Flamethrower>Fire Blast but it isn't the standard)

Don't see any problems. Probably Lefties if RestTalking and Choice Band if not.

Eh... If you want to use it it's possible I guess. But Shaymin isn't that good.

Typing synergy isn't great with Azumarril.

That seems good, but it depends what kind you are using.

Can't really go wrong with Blissey can you?

Hard to pull off, but if you get lucky with Mean Passing to something to set up (Latias is the best out of what you have there) you could get an easy win.

It is pretty hard to make judgements just out of the Pokemon, smogon is a good reference for movesets. Don't feel afraid to use the standards, Scizor seems like it would actually work pretty well on this team.

EDIT: Aldent: Use the EDIT POST button to put new things into a post.

Are you kidding me? Shaymin-S is one of the two only special-based pokes (the other being Nasty Plot Porygon-Z with Hyper Beam) that can boast to be able to own Blissey. STABed Choice Specs'ed (or Life Orbed) Seed Flare can do some serious damage, and considering it has an 80% chance of lowering Blissey's special defense by two stages, you'll destroy it in no time. And there's Air Slash, which is just as haxed with a 60% flinch rate. And it carries Hidden Power Fire to deal with Ice-types, and with a special attack as high as Shaymin-S's (especially with the Choice Specs boost), it's no surprise that it'll be getting plenty of clean OHKOs. No wonder it's an Uber.

And even Shaymin-L isn't that bad. Sure, it may be UU and inferior to Shaymin-S, but I use it all the time on my team and it's my full-time Scizor, Magnezone, and Forretress killer. No one expects Shaymin to pack Hidden Power Fire, and I use that to my advantage. Plus, Shaymin-L is a lot bulkier than Shaymin-S, and can come in on pretty much any neutral attacks and proceed to own with Seed Flare. Plus, its ability Natural Cure is really useful with Rest. It also carries a wide variety of support options, including Leech Seed and Aromatherapy.

hsb39
04-20-2009, 02:35 AM
Are you kidding me? Shaymin-S is one of the two only special-based pokes (the other being Nasty Plot Porygon-Z with Hyper Beam) that can boast to be able to own Blissey. STABed Choice Specs'ed (or Life Orbed) Seed Flare can do some serious damage, and considering it has an 80% chance of lowering Blissey's special defense by two stages, you'll destroy it in no time. And there's Air Slash, which is just as haxed with a 60% flinch rate. And it carries Hidden Power Fire to deal with Ice-types, and with a special attack as high as Shaymin-S's (especially with the Choice Specs boost), it's no surprise that it'll be getting plenty of clean OHKOs. No wonder it's an Uber.

Your post said Shaymin, and since it is Uber, I assumed Land Form.

And even Shaymin-L isn't that bad. Sure, it may be UU and inferior to Shaymin-S, but I use it all the time on my team and it's my full-time Scizor, Magnezone, and Forretress killer. No one expects Shaymin to pack Hidden Power Fire, and I use that to my advantage. Plus, Shaymin-L is a lot bulkier than Shaymin-S, and can come in on pretty much any neutral attacks and proceed to own with Seed Flare. Plus, its ability Natural Cure is really useful with Rest. It also carries a wide variety of support options, including Leech Seed and Aromatherapy.

I said that it isn't that good. Everyone expects it to have HP Fire, and even with it it can't be a counter (I know you said killer, but you need counters) to Magnezone or Scizor, and Forretress still gets the spin or possibly entry hazard set up.

upthehero
07-18-2009, 08:06 PM
I'm new to the competitive stuff, and have a limited understanding of what team roles i actually need to fill... Could a team with Arcanine, Vaporeon, Gliscor, Ambipom, Magnezone, and Weavile be any good? ( my favorites, it looks like i'd have three sweepers, two supports and a tank) Any input/advice on what direction i could go in to make this happen would be greatly appreciated =0. I've looked on smogon and they are all UU or OU, which is nice, however i'm specifically not sure if there are any requirements for a competitive balanced team that i cannot fill with these pokemon.

I'm looking to have arcanine as a starter sweeper
ambipom either choice band or baton pass
vaporeon wish support
Gliscor tank
Magnezone Specialized sweeper
And Weavile, maybe a Gengar as another killer

hsb39
07-20-2009, 02:09 AM
I'm new to the competitive stuff, and have a limited understanding of what team roles i actually need to fill... Could a team with Arcanine, Vaporeon, Gliscor, Ambipom, Magnezone, and Weavile be any good? ( my favorites, it looks like i'd have three sweepers, two supports and a tank) Any input/advice on what direction i could go in to make this happen would be greatly appreciated =0. I've looked on smogon and they are all UU or OU, which is nice, however i'm specifically not sure if there are any requirements for a competitive balanced team that i cannot fill with these pokemon.

I'm looking to have arcanine as a starter sweeper
ambipom either choice band or baton pass
vaporeon wish support
Gliscor tank
Magnezone Specialized sweeper
And Weavile, maybe a Gengar as another killer

I probably won't be able to give you too much here.

I'll start by suggesting this Ambipom:

Ambipom@Life Orb | Focus Sash
Ability: Technician
EVs: 6 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
~ Fake Out
~ U-Turn
~ Fire Punch OR Brick Break | Counter
~ Ice Punch / Thunderpunch OR Payback | Taunt

Leading Ambipom. Fake Out, and then U-Turn to get out damageless. Kills an Azelf without it setting up 50% of the time. You can go more offensive with Brick Break and Payback for coverage, or two elemental punches for hitting specific leads. Fire Punch hits Metagross, Forretress, and a few others, where the others get Aerodactyl and Ninjask. Ice Punch can get you the occasional Breloom and hits a few other useful things (Salamence before DD), where Thunderpunch hits Gyarados. Alternatively, you can opt for Focus Sash, and use Taunt and Counter to get those slower set up leads.

Gravity
07-20-2009, 05:54 AM
I was hoping to get some help on a short of haxing team. It would focus around immobilizing the opponent then KO'ing them when they're weak. I was thinking about using Dunsparce for sure, and I'm thinking Ambipom would be a good addition.

Tranquil Leafeon
07-20-2009, 05:58 AM
I was hoping to get some help on a short of haxing team. It would focus around immobilizing the opponent then KO'ing them when they're weak. I was thinking about using Dunsparce for sure, and I'm thinking Ambipom would be a good addition.

These are hard to build, but I'll try. You will most definitely want a Togekiss, since it can use T-Wave and abuse flinches. Dunsparce is OK, and we'll put him in if possible. Ambipom can be a good lead. This is going to take a while, though. If you want, I'll help you.

hsb39
07-20-2009, 07:13 AM
If you want a hax team, I would strongly suggest a Toxic Spikes lead. Also, to help with that, a spinblocker, and something to take out Tentacruel. This will mean that when it comes to the haxers, every time that they don't move, your opponent will be slowly dying.

Gravity
07-24-2009, 10:52 AM
Hmm... So far, I have...

Ambipom @ Life Orb
Ability: Technician
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
~ Fake Out
~ U-turn
~ Brick Break
~ Double Hit

Went with Double Hit to make use of Technician plus STAB, and to break Substitute whenever it pops up. Also, I'm unsure about the Nature.

Dunsparce @ Leftovers
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 144 HP / 252 Atk / 36 Def / 76 SpD
~ Thunder Wave
~ Headbutt
~ Rock Slide
~ Earthquake

T-Wave for guaranteed paralyze, and to avoid two Normal-type moves. Earthquake for better type coverage, and I'm already flinching with Rock Slide and STAB'ed Headbutt anyway.

Machamp @ Choice Band
Ability: No Guard
EVs: 40 Sp. Atk
~ Dynamic Punch
~ Fire Blast
~ Stone Edge
~ Payback

Lol @ Dynamic Punch's massive power. Fire Blast for them nasty Steels, and Stone Edge for the type coverage.

Tranquil Leafeon
07-24-2009, 06:13 PM
Jolly on Ambipom for sure. On Machamp, 40 SpAtk EVs is all it takes to OHKO Forretress. That will also 2KO Skarmory if you have SR support. Payback is probably a good 4th move on him for the perfect coverage.

Gravity
07-24-2009, 07:06 PM
Okay, thanks... Now I just need three other Pokemon >.> I was thinking something with either Sniper or Super Luck.

hsb39
07-26-2009, 07:40 AM
Okay, thanks... Now I just need three other Pokemon >.> I was thinking something with either Sniper or Super Luck.

Are you planning to use Ambipom as a lead, because you need Toxic Spikes in there somehwere if you are going to be using things like Dunsparce. Then, a SpinBlocker would work pretty well too.

tk36477
07-29-2009, 04:30 AM
could i request a team built around my charizard?

Charizard @ Choice Specs
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 4 Atk/ 252 SA/ 252 Speed
-Flamethrower
-Dragon Pulse
-Fly
-Earthquake

suggestions on a better moveset or items it can hold are nice but i cant change the EVs or nature cuz its already lvl 100

i also hav an electivire i wish to have a team around

Electivire @ Choice Band
Nature: Hasty
Ability: Motor Drive
EVs: 252 Atk/ 4 SA/ 252 Speed
-Thunder Punch
-Fire Punch
-Brick Break
-Giga Impact

once again, suggestions on better choice of items or moves, but he's my physical sweep so i wanna keep him on the offensive.

ty

hsb39
07-31-2009, 09:55 AM

Charizard @ Choice Specs
-Flamethrower
-Dragon Pulse
-Fly
-Earthquake

suggestions on a better moveset or items it can hold are nice but i cant change the EVs or nature cuz its already lvl 100

Electivire @ Choice Band
-Thunder Punch
-Fire Punch
-Brick Break
-Giga Impact

once again, suggestions on better choice of items or moves, but he's my physical sweep so i wanna keep him on the offensive.

ty

Well, I'll say first that you desperately need Spin support, and with a Charizard, probably go further and get some Pursuit support to get those spinblockers.

For a SpecsZard, the best would have to be:

Charizard@Choice Specs
~ Overheat
~ Dragon Pulse
~ Flamethrower
~ HP [Ice / Electric / Grass] / Air Slash

-Pichu Boy-
07-31-2009, 11:38 AM

Charizard @ Choice Specs
-Flamethrower
-Dragon Pulse
-Fly
-Earthquake

I'm no expert on competitive battling, but if he's going to have Choice Specs, why have two Physical moves? And Fly isn't really all that good anyway; in the two turns it takes to use, you probably could've done more damage with one of the other moves.

Electivire @ Choice Band
-Thunder Punch
-Fire Punch
-Brick Break
-Giga Impact

If he's all-Physical, why have 4 Sp.ATK EVs invested? That could go into one of his Defences. Also, when they're SE, all three of the other moves have equal BP to Giga Impact, just w/o the wasted turn. Thunder Punch has more when you factor in STAB. Same as with Charizard's fly, as well; the turn you spend recharging gives the opponent a free switch or free set up.

ty

I don't know which moves you could use to replace them, but those are just my thoughts. I'm not competitive battling whizz, sorry D:

tk36477
07-31-2009, 02:03 PM
thanks for the suggestions, ive been waiting for someone to say something. ill try to improve them. meanwhile i need a little help with the teams.

wat do u think of ice punch on electivire as a ground counter. or would that be useless.

hsb39
08-02-2009, 05:31 AM
thanks for the suggestions, ive been waiting for someone to say something. ill try to improve them. meanwhile i need a little help with the teams.

wat do u think of ice punch on electivire as a ground counter. or would that be useless.

Well if you want all physical Electivire (compared to the mixed set that has more competitive support around the internet), you need Ice Punch, absolutely.

Phillie
01-06-2010, 02:53 PM
I have a request: A Hoenn team, that means only pokémon from number 252 - 386, no Ubers allowed.

TheRedViper
03-27-2010, 05:41 AM
Oops wrong place, sorry

OhReally
04-13-2010, 10:40 PM
Ahh! Some life for this thread. If I may, I would request a team for non-uber and non-legendary maches with friends. Competitive maybe later. Im pretty new for this stuff so I really need help to get started. I have studied some forums and learned this and that, but I guess Im not capable of building a proper team yet on my own :wink:. Here are some plans I have made for this debut.

Mamoswine@???
Adamant
252Atk 252Spe 4Def
-stealt rock
-ice shard
-earthquake
-stone edge

The lead..

Dragonite@???
Adamant
252Atk 252Spe 4HP
-dragondance
-outrage
-aquatail
-earthquake

so the basic Dancingnite set. Items are yet unknown.

Gengar@???
Modest
252SpA 252Spe 4SpD
-shadow ball
-focus blast
-thunderbolt
-sludge bomb

Special attacker..

Charizard@petaya berry
Modest
252SpA 252Spe 4Def
-sunny day
-fire blast
-solarbeam
-substitute

With substitute, blaze and sunnuday some power for attacks.. blah blah..

Im not sure if I would replace gengar with starmie (surf, thunderbolt, ice beam, recovery), but that would be just my preference to starmie (wich isnt so important compaired to effectiness in team). Starry would be more durable, but gengar has those good immunitys though..
I havent decided those last 2 yet, but I have planned a walling counter or status support like spiritomb and some walling bulki water type like milotic, vaporeon, swampert etc.

Comments, support, suggestions.. thank you in advance :happy:.

Lord Voldemort
04-14-2010, 01:36 AM
You should consider posting this under Pokemon: DS WiFi -> Strategy and Movesets.